Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Little Less Action Please

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
"How far back?" Ashin said, drier than the Sherec Expanse. "If you ever want to teach on the Pomojema, mold some young minds..."

Her tone made it clear she wasn't serious. Unless this minion-turned-Grandmaster might perhaps be interested in visiting Nonsectarian Nonpartisan Dark Side Grad School...

"So, you're not a Sith any more… Something more then?" Did Sith have anything like Wayseekers? Or was that just a Dark Sider wandering the galaxy doing misdeeds or finding what they could to increase their standing somehow.

Though, he had to recall, the Fringe Federation and Levantine Free Space had plenty of dark siders going here and there. Maybe Ashin was of that persuasion.

"All I'd show the young minds is that there are other approaches. But lets go to my question. Are you a Sith?"

Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin

Ashin Cardé Varanin

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on your point of view. But yes. I have Sith training, I follow core Sith teachings, I more or less identify as a Sith in a liminal sense. I outgrew the Sith way much like I think you've started to outgrow the Jedi. I am more. Just like you are more."

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

That was all what he suspected. He knew she was Sith Empress upon a bye, and that meant she had the training. But if someone identified as such currently… That was different. What he was not expecting was her to analyze him. Was he a Jedi? Yes. Did he hold to all the Jedi tenets? As best he could, and defined by certain stories. That of Elzar Mann, or Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker…

But the wars of the Jedi were not what he was after any longer. Protecting those who couldn't protect themselves? Certainly. Expanding knowledge of the Force? Absolutely.

"And what, Miss Varanin, is the Jedi way I'm out growing?"

As for more. He thought he had a clue as to what that meant.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

"Deference and obedience to authority. Hypocritical piety. Political statements above doing good. Authoritarian elitism. Treating the average person as part of a faceless, unpromising, grateful or ungrateful, helpful or unhelpful mass.

"I suspect you've outgrown all those elements of the Jedi way and more, even if there's no name yet for what you're becoming."

There was a point in Coren's mind where he was not liking that Ashin was understanding his approach to the galaxy better than he was. Taking a moment as she spoke to look within, he knew she was not wrong. Jedi were very different, and he felt more comfortable being known as a Wayseeker, a Wayseeker focused on expanding his knowledge in the Force and the galaxy at large. A wayseeker in exploration and the light side.

Maybe he was beyond the Jedi.

"All peoples of the galaxy deserve the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. Take you for example. You were a foe once upon a time, but your nature is… not that any longer." He ran his hand over his chin, idly thinking.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

"I'm not in the habit of making enemies, no. I don't turn away when people make themselves my enemies, though. That's not a threat pointed at your Jedi team as a whole, I can promise you that. I had productive interactions with Grandmaster Darron Wraith after our duel at Roche, for example. A certain amount of Jedi-versus-Sith aggression is just the cost of doing business as an adult in this broken galaxy of ours. So yes, I have a vindictive streak, no problem with revenge, no particular love for the Jedi...but you're right. I'm not your enemy."

"No, one shouldn't turn their back on someone who was having weapons drawn and the target on someone else. If I know someone is a threat, I treat them as such. I may be a Jedi but I'm not going to be a pushover for any one being to take me down." That much was obvious in the way Coren helped run the shattered New Jedi Order of Sullust.

"Sometimes it is nothing personal, it's the cost of doing business and being part of a state. I choose to be beyond those lines for a reason. I work to save those I can. You fought the Drengir, I would have followed that arrangement to the end and so long as you fought to protect, you'd have no quarrel from me."

Was he maturing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom