Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little interstellar thermonuclear war...

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I'm looking to get back into the swing of things and I figure a little skirmish between the GR and OS with a focus on fleeting couldn't hurt. It'd also be sorta cool to try and integrate other elements. Perhaps an insertion of a strike team onto a space station or something. Anyway I'm open to ideas with the concession that the focus here is fleeting, since that's my forte. This is definitely not an invasion or heavily focused on affecting the resources/production of a faction (like we track that anyway), I just want a fight.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"], I like it.

In the interest of helping to brainstorm ideas, take a look at this. It's actually made for a table top game (so ignore the stastical stuff), but it might give us a decent spin at mixing up the scenario a bit.

What do you say a deep patrol, with limited forces, with an emphasis on the things that happen before (and possibly after) the actual engagement? There's a pretty large contested zone that's cordoned off by the Republic, OS, and Mando's, and any spot in there would work. Say both sides are investigating a stellar anomaly in a nebula or something.

I'd probably bring a single Dark Blade and then a collection of frigates or smaller cruisers. No more than 8-10 ships, only one of which would be star destroyer sized.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"], I'd be up for that, though I'd like to talk to other Republic fleeters before I commit to an exact fleet composition. Did you have a particular overall length of fleet meters in mind?

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

Glad you approve. I've still got a location sub 40% done for the internal layout that's about as long as the starship sub itself.

I figured I'd bring a mix of Imperial III's, Victory III's, and Raider III's primarily.

[member="T'yr Dellos"] [member="Gir Quee"]

5000m total seems fine, with a limit on one Star Destroyer/Capital ship per side. Like I said earlier, I'll be bringing a single Dark Blade, and everything else is to be frigates and maybe a cruiser or two. Frankly I'm not overly worried about fleet lengths and such, balance is all well and good in an invasion but this is for RP, fun, and learning. Maybe use 5000m as a max but just bring whatever you think is appropriate. As far as setting the scene goes, I think it might be fun to have it develop as we go. I'll start off with some basic guidelines, as it were, but the key point would be that the three sides have yet to detect each other, RPing that should be part of the thread.

Also from the looks of it I'll be bring two brand new Sith to the equation, so consider this an ooc training event as much as anything.

[member="Tålamod Shapochka"]
I'd be happy to have you. Finish up where we left off last time, maybe.

For 5,000 I can do...

1x Imperial III, 2x Victory III, 1x Ardent Frigate, 2x Ravenous Frigate, 4x Raider III Corvette,
Or
1x Victory III, 4x Ardent Frigate, 4x Ravenous Frigate, 6x Raider III Corvette, 4x IRE-class Corvette,
Or
1x Victory III, 4x Ardent Frigate, 3x Ravenous Frigate, 2x Monitor Corvette, 6x Raider III Corvette, 2x Extinguisher Corvette, 2x IRE-class Corvette,

Personally, I prefer to have as few individual ships as possible with this character (which would mean option 1), but it doesn't really matter. Just let me know which of the above would balance out best against what you're bringing.
And if I do take the first option, technically I'm "not allowed" to field a 1,600 meter ship due to the IR being a minor faction. But, for the purposes of this skirmish, that doesn't really matter so long as Cyrus and Gir approve its use.
Either way... just let me know which one

Tålamod Shapochka said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

Any chance I can join in as one of your captains? I don't care if I actually do any of the NPC command or not. Just looking to get Toli active.
Absolutely. This is going to be open to all Republic personnel, I'm going to post up a thread in the Republic forums so that we can coordinate everything.

[member="T'yr Dellos"], I have no issue with any options you've listed. I'm not a huge fan of the minor faction ship size limit.

[member="T'yr Dellos"]
[member="Gir Quee"]

I've no issues with the idea as well. There's nothing at stake here, and it's something of a silly limitation anyway (think about a minor faction that is built around the concept that it exists only its single ancient Dreadnought...)

I'll see if I can't get an opening post up (with a suitably ironic or punny title) in the next day or two.

Could my company the Open Circle Armada, join in the battle or maybe on of you want to hire us? Here are our assets, if you do want to hire us for this or let us join in the attack? (Maybe in the outskirts though, our fleet isn't all that much). Sorry for interrupting and thank you for your time.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] [member="Gir Quee"] @T'yr Dellos

[member="William Kerkov"], I appreciate your enthusiasm and commitment you've shown to the Open Circle Armada.

Speaking solely as a representative of the Republic, I am going to decline right now, because a Republic-affiliated privateer(basically a licensed pirate) will be in our party for this battle.

I would not rule out RPing with the Open Circle armada in the future however.

I'm going to echo [member="Gir Quee"] here. Another day I'd be happy to bring you in to the thing, but this has already grown a bit larger than I anticipated. Next time though, and I'd be happy to play opposition or something in a thread, [member="William Kerkov"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom