Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Light in Shining Darkness

Silver Jedi Order Space
Kashyyyk: Night-Time
Descent into the Shadowlands

As Aurelion tossed the pack over his shoulder T1 gave a very worried series of beeps, boops and distressed waddling as Aurelion glanced at him. A single torch alighting the single wooden elevator the Wookies had crafted expressly for this reason.

"Aurelion+Going=Crazy!"

"Aurelion+Lightsaber=None!"

Aurelion grimaced slightly and closed his eye, both in response to what T1 was saying and the fact that those Dark whispers, the entire reason behind his descent, were now much louder than previously. Now they were not only whispers, but he could feel his heart beat faster and would catch his own lips silently repeating the murmuring they called to him with. Whatever this darkness below was..... it was impatient and desperate for something to latch onto. Aurelion was.... unlucky enough to be the one it had chosen. Sighing softly Aurelion glanced at the little Astromech and gave a sad expression. "Listen, T1, I'm sorry... I-I just... I have to go. I can't get these voices out of my head and.... wh-whatever is down there.... it wants me to find it." T1 paused and silently 'stared' at Aurelion before giving a very quiet, disheartened 'whoo'.

Aurelion was able to work a few more minutes in silence before he nodded, prepared the elevator to descend, and glanced at T1. "L-Look..... T1....... I'll be fine a-and..... and if I die then.... well.... you can find someone else. You're a... a good friend...." T1's optical sensor flickered at this, and the little astromech rolled forward, lightly bumped into Aurelion's leg, and stayed there. Aurelion blinked, then smiled softly, and kneeled down to hug the little astromech. "Just..... wait at the Silver Rest for me okay? I promise I'll do my best to be back soon." The little astromech swiveled it's head in a bit of a nod, before rolling back, and watching as Aurelion began to descend into the inky darkness below.....

Aurelion sat, cross-legged, in the center of the platform. Doing his best to meditate which.... for some reason.... came easier to him now than any other time he had tried. Even with others helping him. All around him to his sense the darkness glittered and hummed, shining like a sleek oil sheen with the beautiful pulses and rhythms of desperate life, clambering and clawing for dominance and survival. Like the flitting of stars amid shining darkness. Those cracks and fissures that constantly permeated his fractures psyche begin to fill and swirl with that starry blackness. The cool, primal reassurance of an ageless darkness settling into his sense and Aurelion gasped, squirming at this sensation as he felt as if his skin was being coated in a soothing, viscous fluid.

As this happened the whispering grew louder, the sensation to his senses and psyche intensifying before... with a gasp, his eye opened and Aurelion found himself on the forest floor of Kashyyyk. His position having changed without him even realizing it, so that he was facing not the usual path the Wookie warriors tread, but an old, overgrown path thick with vines, foliage and the calls of creatures in the night. Aurelion glanced around, the torch attached to the wooden platform being the only light source at his current disposal. Thus, as he stood up, Aurelion removed a torch from his pack and lit it with the one on the platform. Sharing the light between them and taking a deep breathe, primal fear gripping at his heart, even as his legs began to carry him forward. Step by step, until he began to wade through the foliage.

It wasn't all that long before Aurelion stepped out from the path of tall, scratching grass to a small quagmire. Water and suctioning mud gripping at his boots with a wet, viscous pull that made him grimace. Aurelion could hear many large and likely dangerous creatures moving through the Shadowlands around him, Their howls and cries of primal fury and dominance carrying over the darkness and making him jump in his boots as he heard them. Even so..... those voices pulled him onward. The darkness beckoned, whispered, coaxed every step from him. On and on he trod over the quagmire, struggling through every step and glancing side-long, pausing, and humming as he saw what for a brief second had looked to be some sort of rock. Kneeling down, Aurelion instead noticed it was.... some sort of droid? Spherical in shape, rolled up in on itself, with crab-like legs and what looked to be two blasted attached to two arms that unfolded from it's frame.

Rubbing away some of the grime, foliage and abundance of moss that overgrown what Aurelion did not know was a long-abandoned Droideka, he briefly began to fiddle with it's aged, weathered wiring. Murmuring to himself "Ya know.... I've seen T1 do this sort of thing it shouldn't be too ha-..." Aurelion yelped as he connected two wired, sparks flying, as a shield materialized for a brief moment around himself and the Droideka. Only for the old droid's circuits to fry and short-out, causing the wavering blue-ish shield to wink out and for Aurelion to stand up, wipe his hands, and hum. Deciding to step away in case the droid explode, Aurelion continued on his way, only to see other various droids of differing designs littering the ground. Mostly buried in moss, collected in piles and stripped apart by curious creatures, and..... at the end of this path... some even utterly crushed and flattened.

As Aurelion closed his eyes, now embracing the 'hands' of this darkness with familiarity, he found himself stepping to the right and beginning to trek through where a path simply did not exist. Opening his eyes just in time to have to clamp a hand over his mouth to avoid screaming, as some sort of spider-like creature hung from the branches above, it's guys and organs being used to hold it aloft while it seemed massive bites had been ripped from the unlucky creature. Aurelion's eye widened in fear and, stepping around the creature, he continued to walk. His arms and legs now shaking as he failed to realize just how much of a warning this sign truly was.

As Aurelion finally felt as if the voices were becoming satisfied, that he was nearing his destination, his eye finally fell upon what he could... FEEL was calling to him. Some sort of.... device.... a platform almost. That was strangely untouched by the surrounding foliage despite how.... ancient it looked. Aurelion cautiously approached this device, marveling at it. His hand brushing over the eerily clean and moss-free interface, only for what he had perceived as a platform above the interface sprung to life, and whirried to activation. Glowing blue emitters ancient in design humming to life as a single, holographic being of an alien race Aurelion did not at all recognize appeared before him. When it spoke it's voice was mechanical, like that of a droid, as the hologram image's eyes bored into Aurelion.

"Stasis Ended. Life Form detected. Determining Parameters. Initiating neural recognition..... Primary Neural Recognition Complete. ERROR: No existing match found. Force Sensitivity detected. Initiating Neural Matching process...."

Aurelion stepped back, not liking a thing this machine had just said, though Aurelion could feel a... pressure on it's mind. Not intrusive, but one that seemed to be taking his measure, and he blinked as it continued to speak.

"Begin socialized interface. Awaiting Instruction. Greetings. This terminal has not been accessed in quite some time."

Aurelion fidgeted in place, holding the torch aloft, even as the light from the hologram radiated out into the forest of the Shadowlands. "Oh umm.. yes... h-hello. It's.... It's nice to meet you."

Even as Aurelion greeted the hologram he couldn't help but noticed the large amount of destroyed, cut in half, crushed and disabled droids all around him. as it responded. "Greetings one... Aurelion Nova."

Aurelion blinked, tilts his head, and looked back at the hologram. "H-How do you...." Aurelion jumped in shock as something else brushed his senses. Something dark but.... wholly different from the machine before him. He turned, scanning the darkness as best he could with the light of the single torch, biting his lip and calling. "H-Hello? Is um.... someone there?"

Juno

Juno

J
Of all the places on Kashyyyk, the Shadowlands were easily the most interesting to Juno. Hence why she liked to spend some nights taking a leisurely stroll through the shadowy jungle floors. There was something naturally dark about it, and not just in the literal ‘it’s dark down here’ kind of way. It was helpful for her mediation, being on the edge of said energy, it reminded her to keep her focus.

Heading off the beaten path, Juno took careful, deliberate steps through the vines and roots with silent efficiency, not a single movement being wasted. A single sound out of place and Juno went completely still, focusing her hearing without making any sort of move. Voices? Definitely, but too far away to understand. She’d never actually encountered another person when she made her treks into the forest. Juno changed direction towards the sound, unable to resist investigating further. She got low, concealing herself as much as possible while she tracked the source. She was curious, but not stupid.

Eventually finding the voices, Juno peered out from behind the dense foliage. It was a kid, she hadn’t seen him before. And… some machine? She definitely hadn't seen that before. She leaned forward for a closer look when the boy turned in her direction. Juno went rigid, she knew she hadn’t made a noise and yet, he sensed she was there.

“...Damn.” she grumbled, pushing out of the foliage. She saw no harm in revealing her presence, he was going to figure out eventually anyway. Stepping into the light of the machine, Juno’s bright red hair stood in stark contrast to everything else, and the sabers on her belt glinted sharply. Casually strutting between the boy and the machine, she placed her hands on her hips, prompting a question without bothering to look at him, instead studying the machine analytically, emerald eyes darting across every inch of its construction,

“It’s awfully late, kid. You sure you should be out right now?”

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Aurelion froze when a woman with bright red hair, lightsabers at her hip, and a... presence to her Aurelion wasn't quite sure he liked, stepped out of the foliage. Strutting over to the young Padawan and not even glancing at him as she seemed very intent on the machine he had found, as she studied and took in the machine it spoke up. Interrupting and talking over Juno without any real regard for her own words. "Life-form Detected. Determining Parameters. Initiating Neural Recognition.... ERROR: Rejected Pattern set 34522. Alias: B1nd0. Returning to socialized interface....." The hologram swiveled to 'look' at Aurelion again as it spoke to him. "Greetings. I will answer any questions you may have to the best of my programming."

Aurelion blinked, nodded at the machine, before biting his lip as he stepped away from Juno. "Ummm... w-well...." He clutched his arm anxiously and lowered his eye to the forest floor. "I... I came down here because.... s-something was calling to me." Aurelion simply decided to be honest, more than a little intimidated by the woman who had approached. The hologram would respond "That would be the Star Map, located in our primary memory core." Aurelion blinked, and glanced at the hologram, his elongated ears perking curiously. "S-Star Map?" The hologram's alien physique nodded and responded "Yes. The Star Map is a tool created by the builders in order to spread wisdom and information regarding the location of their greatest creation to the inferior slave races of the galaxy."

Aurelion blinked, a lot, at this and glanced at Juno. "Well.... I... I didn't know that." He murmured quietly, before glancing back up at the hologram. So if it was what was calling me here.... can I... a-access it?" The hologram shook it's head. "I am sorry, but access has been restricted until you more closely resemble the patterns in my memory core." Aurelion furrowed his brow. "Patterns? What... kind of patterns." The hologram shook it's head again. "I am sorry, but I cannot say. If you wish to undergo Neural Evaluation to see if you match the pattern, a test can be devised, and you simply act like.... you should." Aurelion bit his lip and glanced at Juno, his ears drooping. "D-Does uhh... any of this make sense to you?"

Juno

J
Juno raised a brow as the machine interrupted her, "Who asked you?" she scoffed at it before turning back to Aurelion.

"I don't suppose this thing is what was 'calling' you?" no sooner after that was her question answered by the hologram, Juno rolled her eyes as she was once again interrupted. She huffed and stayed quiet, deciding to let the machine continue droning on until it was finished. The master crossed her arms and listened intently, the look on her face unchanging as the program spoke.

"... A Star Map, huh? Can't say I know much, but I know it's old. Real old." she swallowed and shrugged, brushing a hand against one of her sabers. "If you wanna keep talking to this thing, be my guest. But if it gets funny, I'm destroying it." She slowly turned around, carefully scanning the environment around them one more time before flicking her gaze back to Aurelion, then back to the machine again.

Aurelion could only nod, a bit dumbfounded, by what Juno said. Though the hologram did not seem too keen on addressing her directly as it spoke to Aurelion once more. "Whenever you are ready we may begin the evaluation." Aurelion fidgeted nervously in place at the...... tension between Juno and the hologram.... only to then realize he hadn't even introduced himself. Maybe it was the awkward situation they found themselves in, or maybe it was technically having someone or.... something else there but.... he wasn't nearly as frightened of Juno as he otherwise would have been. So without further ado he swallowed down his fear and glanced up at the sassy redhead. "Umm..... so.... m-my name is Aurelion...."

The hologram piped up, adding in a flat electronic vocie "Aurelion Nova...." This made Aurelion wince slightly but nod and turn back to the machine, mumbling. "R-Right. Umm... I-I guess I'm ready?" The hologram nodded and a diagram appeared before it. Aurelion was displayed stand beside a track for speeders, standing at a device that controlled the lanes the speeders drove upon. On one side, restrained alone, was Amani Serys in vivid detail, and on the other was Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan , Ura Iolar Ura Iolar and Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor restrained on the other. The hologram continued. "You find yourself at the controls of an intersection on one of your 'Jedi' missions. You cannot stop the approaching traffic alone and must decide which track to direct it to."

Aurelion pales at this, his ears drooping and eyes widening, looking sick to his stomach at having to make such a decision. His singular eye flitting back and forth between Amani and the others. Amani was.... his only REAL friend... at least the only person he considered a close friend at the moment. While..... the others he... he KNEW them.... to various degrees..... and he began to shake like a cold puppy as he felt bile rise in his throat at this situation. Even the facsimile of it making him sick as he glanced to Juno desperately.

Juno

Juno

J
Juno stood at a distance while she watched Aurelion begin the evaluation. So he is a Jedi. She’d figured, there was a force presence about him, but hearing the word aloud confirmed it. Still, her brow furrowed in thought as she took the machine into account. How did it know so much? Some kind of facial scan maybe? Numerous alternatives swam through her mind before they were cut off as her eyes widened in response to the new diagram. Particularly seeing a replica of her old padawan broke a sweat and she stepped forward.

“What the hell is this?” A new tension strained in her voice as she antagonized the hologram. It seemed to have no interest in explaining itself. Juno looked back at Aurelion, sensing the anxiety practically radiating off him. Composing herself, she swallowed and nearly tried to influence his decision with her own, but bit her tongue. The master paused a moment before speaking up again, “Just… answer it honestly, kid. It’s not real, anyway.” It was the only advice she could think to give at the moment.

Aurelion swallowed a dry, nervous swallow as he stared back into the impassive eyes of the hologram. Juno's antagonizing remark made the hologram turn it's head and dismissively wave a hand at her. "Do not interfere with the evaluation please....." Despite the use of the word 'please' the holograms imperious tone made it evident that it was not asking. "....otherwise this evaluation will be considered a failure." Aurelion ducked his head at this and looked down. Panting quietly as he struggled immensely with this proposed moral dilemma. His ears twitch and tucking in distress before he looked up at the hologram with a singular wide, worried eye.

Asking the only thing that occurred to him Aurelion licked his lip to wet them before asking in a soft, shaking voice "Could I maybe.....turn it to the track with one person on it, then, run past and pull off of it?" The hologram shakes it's head, undoubtedly not pleased with this proposed work-around. This makes Aurelion wince and sigh, shaking his head, and looking down in defeat. His hands clenching and his throat almost seizing up before he answer. "I-I... I w-would want to... save my friend......" His voice comes out in a choked gasp and the hologram nods.

"Very good, you wisely choose to preserve your own interest above the lives of many, and can then make great use of the deaths of a Jedi Master, Padawan and Alor of a Mandalorian Clan to your advantage. Next Question: You are at war, you decode your enemy's encryption methods and discover that a weakness will appear in your enemies defenses in 10 days, however, your enemy will launch an attack against your people in 7 days. What do you do?" Aurelion blinks, slowly, and stares at the hologram. Not even glancing at Juno as he responds "I-I would protect people! If... If we found one weakness we can find another."

The hologram shakes it's head "This logic is flawed, but alerting your enemy to their broken codes, you strengthen them for the war to come. Last Question: You and this Juno are stranded in a remote locale. Flora and fauna are hostile and supplies run low. Rescue will come in three days. You are unsure of whether you can forage the necessary supplies for both of you to survive and have only enough good for both of you for 1 day, or one of you for 3 days. If you take the food for yourself you are assured survival, if she takes the food for herself, she is assured survival or if neither of you take the food, you may be able to survive together." Aurelion bites his lip, his hands balling up into fists as he responds "I... I wouldn't let her die! I...." Aurelion instinctively clutches at his thin stomach, phantom pains of nights spent hungry washing over him as he swallows thickly. "I-I trust her. I wouldn't take any food."

The hologram again shakes it's head. "I am sorry, but you have been found to not match the prescribed pattern in my memory core. This system will now activate it's new defensive measures." With that the hologram vanishes and a wave of Dark Side energy surges from the Star Map, Aurelion falling to his knees as his arms raise to try and shield himself. A low, rumbling roar and growl coming from the underbrush as the system's new Guardian breaks through the treeline. Sniffing out the blood of two Force Users, and begins to charge Juno first, poisoned talons raised to strike.​

Juno

J
Juno bit her tongue and did her best to make no outward reactions towards his choices. Underneath it, she was surprised to see him choose one life over three, but even more surprised when the machine seemed to take a strange degree of satisfaction with that answer. She brushed her hand against the grip of her lightsaber, the master’s patience was running thin. To top it off, she raised a brow high as Aurelion said he trusted her, genuinely confusing Juno. They had literally just met, how could he trust her already?

It didn’t last long however, the hairs on her neck standing up straight as dark energy fluctuated out from the machine, and her lightsabers were immediately ignited and in hand, two indigo blades hissing to life and illuminating the dark forest around them. The beam glinted in the creature’s eye as it’s full form was brought to light, and Juno could only frown.

“...Great. You know how to use a saber?” She glanced back at Aurelion, seemingly incapable of putting up much resistance right now. “Just me, then. Even more great.”

She charged directly at the guardian, ensuring its full attention was on her before sliding under its legs and dragging both blades against its ankles. The creature stumbled, but her lightsabers had not fully pierced it’s hide. It turned and faced her again, much more irritated than injured. It snarled and reared back for another attack, while Juno blew a strand of hair out of her face and smirked, taking a fighting stance. This was the most interesting thing to happen to her in a while.

As the device's new Guardian roared it's arrival and trampled it's way toward Juno and Aurelion it was everything he could do to stagger to his feet. His ears still ringing and vision swimming from the eruption of Dark Side energy Aurelion begin to glance around, doing his best to think of some way to try and help Juno, and grit his teeth. Extending a hand and doing his best to reach out with the Force and stun the rampaging creature. Though this effort was doomed to failure from the start as not only was Aurelion far too on edge to properly compose himself.... but he felt some sort of natural..... resistance to his efforts.

This sensation was utterly unfamiliar to Aurelion as it felt like there was some sort of... armor? Some sort of repulsion to his efforts that he couldn't quite place a finger on. Though Aurelion had a shaky grip on his own connection to the Force he could immediately tell he did NOT like this feeling. It felt.... wrong. As the beast pursued Juno further, only for her to slide between it's legs and strike at it's thick hide, Aurelion stumbled over to one of the down droids. Another Droideka, rotting in the mud, and swallowed thickly. Hishands working in a numb frenzy to begin physically hauling the Droideka's blasters into a locked position toward the monster as it raised it's poisoned talons again to strike.

Aurelion worked frantically, quickly stripping circuitry and wires down until, with a small spark and flash, the Droideka's twin blasters opened fire on the Terentatek. Striking the beast's thick hide on it's left abdomen and making it roar in discomfort before the droid sputtered it's last, dying jolts and went inactive. Sparking and hissing as Aurelion stepped back from it. If nothing else, he seemed to have halted it's attack as it swiped blindly at a target that simply was not there.

Juno

Juno

J
Juno used the distraction to her advantage, leaping on the Guardian’s back and plunging both sabers into its shoulders. It roared angrily and reached back with gnarled talons to try and tear the Jedi off. No use, it lurched back, bucking Juno off and into a tree. The impact knocked the wind out of her, leaving the master struggling to get onto her knees... and with one less saber. Her main blade had been knocked out of her grip, the hilt falling into the mud next to Aurelion.

Juno stood and switched her shotosaber into a reverse grip, rushing to meet the charging monster. It swung with a heavy claw, smashing into the tree behind her as Juno ducked under the arm, slashing the blade against its torso before turning around and striking its mouth with a force-enhanced punch… ouch. Juno’s fist recoiled and her arm vibrated painfully, catching her off guard. It was like trying to punch solid stone, and it was suddenly aggressively clear now that Force attacks had little hold over this creature. She had just enough time to swipe her fingers away from it’s clenching jaws, only for the creature to swing its massive arm back around at her, smacking Juno far once more as she tumbled into the muddy ground.

As Aurelion coughed and swiped the smoke away from the now completely inoperable droid he jump in surprise as something glinted through the air toward him. Convinced for a brief moment he was about to die, only for the glinting object to land at his feet and for him to recognize one of the lightsabers Juno had been wielding as she continued to confront the beast. Aurelion bit his lip, hesitating, only to glance up and see the creature swat Juno away once again. Aurelion, heart hammering in his chest, scooped up the lightsaber and began to run toward the beast without a second thought. His limbs carrying him before he could even consciously think about what he was doing. Even the blade of the lightsaber was left deactivated in his grasp as he struggled to connect to the well-honed weapon, his concentration struggling and narrowing in effort as the Terentatek stalked toward Juno.

Aurelion grit his teeth as he drew closer and closer to the creature, his singular eye narrowing in effort as those same, coaxing whispers began to drone at the edge of his perception. Aurelion internally begging the Force to answer his call, his lips working in silent tandem with each and every thought as the blade of the lightsaber snap-hissed into existence. An experience that would normally shock and surprise him only making his arm tingle with pleasant familiarity as he extended a hand toward the creature as he ran. Murmuring.

"Please please answer me.... answer me.... don't let her die... answer me. An...swer...ME!"

Aurelion insisted with a final mental exertion, his hand spasming as his normally distorted, painful and disjointed connection to the Force propelled forward. Lances of sheer, stark white energy sailed from Aurelion's fingertips with the whisper of darkness and harmony of light at it's back. The experience flowing more smoothly than the Force ever had to him before, and Aurelion gasped, the lances of stark lightning-esque energy slamming into the creature as it had approached Juno's prone form. Striking it with pure, kinetic force that made it stagger and roar.

Aurelion's eye widened as the creature turned and swiped it's poisoned talons at him, by now being close enough to be in range of the creature, and it was all he could do to throw himself under the creature's swinging arm. Unfortunately, the creature's gaping maw of razor sharp teeth awaited him on the other side, and with a quickness born of desperation to survive.... Aurelion simply threw his arm forward. Eye closed and body trembling in fear of what was to be his death..... only for his forward momentum to be halted by the hilt of the lightsaber, and his own body running into the creature's jaw. A low, dying groan leaving the creature as Aurelion, shaking like a newborn, peered his eye open to see that his arm was elbow-deep in the maw of the Terentatek, and the blade of the lightsaber was extending roughly few inches from the top of it's head. His desperate, last effort of a thrust having pierces the vulnerable inside of the Terentatek and avoided it's tough hide entirely.

Aurelion, still panicked and fearful, staggered back and threw up. Feeling and seeing the viscous poison on his clothes bubble and hiss with deadly intent. But even so..... they were alive. Falling back into the mud, lightsaber falling from his grasp, Aurelion landed on his rear and his palms, panting and gasping as the hologram re-appeared and regarded him with a new expression. "You have been found worthy of accessing the Star Map in my central memory core. Congratulations. May the secrets of the builders become open to you. Terminating Socialized interface. Entering Stasis. Goodbye." With that the hologram winked out of existence, the Star Map opened to reveal an odd, but somewhat accurate map of the galaxy, and Aurelion looked to Juno with a small smile.... before falling back into the cool mud in exhaustion.

Juno

Juno

J
Juno pulled her face out of the dirt, grumbling as she looked up to see the Terentatek closing in once again. The shoto sputtered to life once again, though its wielder was looking more strained as the fight dragged on. She held her breath, standing up weakly, waiting for the next move.

What she didn’t expect was the sudden jolt of energy that arced off Aurelion, lancing into the beast with hidden power. However, her awe quickly faded as it turned its attention towards him instead, and she ran to face it again in a last-ditch effort. She reached out a hand in defiance as it’s jaws closed in on the boy, skidding to a halt as it seemed too late.

Instead, the Guardian fell dead as Aurelion crawled away, a bit traumatized, but seemingly unscathed. The blade of her saber shrunk back into its hilt, and Juno placed her hands on her knees, catching her breath. Once she was confident the threat was over, she stood back up and marched over to Aurelion, snatching the other saber from beside him before reaching down and grabbing the kid by his collar.

“You good, kid? What was that you just did back there?” Her interrogation was stern and maybe a bit harsh, even if her intentions were well-meaning. That wasn’t something they usually teach you in a Jedi class, and there was something about his presence in the Force that raised some red flags. The machine had yet to even catch the master’s attention again.

OBJECTIVE - Stand Up
As Aurelion was grabbed and hauled up for what could charitably be called an interrogation by the Jedi Master, he froze, tenses in her grasp and going wide-eyed. If he hadn't been exhausted to the very BONE it's almost a guarantee that Juno rough treatment would have made him go into a panic attack but right now? Right now it was all he could do to weakly raise a hand and grip Juno's wrist and answer. "I-I don't... know.... I just..... DID.... it." He murmured, panting softly in exertion as even supporting his head was getting to be a task he wasn't sure he could handle. Vaguely aware that the machine had acknowledge him, Aurelion closed his singular eye and his hand shook as he reached up, placing it on Juno's shoulder and trying to stand. Using her to support him as he panted.

Once he was, more or less, on his feet. Aurelion silently looked around for his pack, which had fallen off near the terminal when the Terentatek had appeared. Swallowing roughly, feeling as if he was going to vomit, Aurelion glanced at Juno. "W-We should.... m-my datapad... take this so... it doesn't hurt anyone else." He murmured, struggling to form a coherent sentence as he began to stagger towards his pack and numbly fish out his datapad. Slowly, ever so slowly, feeling himself recover bit by agonizing bit from the exertion in the Force he had just unconsciously committed. Once he held the datapad in his hands Aurelion went to the terminal, attached the datapad, and immediately blinked as the Star Map was uploaded onto it. His face.... rather than being one of relief, paled, and he shakily glanced at Juno.

Amid the abject look of worry amid his features he was just barely able to croak out "J-Juno.... right?" He shakily turned to show her the datapad, and the several other blips on certain planets, indicating other Star Maps just like the one they had found as he murmured. "Th-There's..... more...."

Juno

J
Despite Aurelion’s inability to explain it, Juno could, at least to some degree, sense the Force’s presence within him. It was… eerily similar to her own. The Master did her best to keep a neutral expression, though it was possible he may have sensed something similar through the Force. She helped him to his feet before backing away a moment. Watching him get up to retrieve the data, analyzing his every movement, she reflected on visions of her own past, and finally snapped back to reality as he mentioned her name. She took a look at the datapad, several planets already marked on the map. An adventure. She grinned slyly.

“Well, I can’t say I’ve got much else to do around here. Gimme that datapad, I’ll transfer the coordinates to my ship.”

Juno didn’t really wait for an offering, quickly pulling it from his hand and taking a closer look at the various blips, thoughts of what to do next already racing through her mind. She stood up a little straighter, turning back to him.

“Aurelion, right? You got a Master, Aurelion?”

OBJECTIVE - Answer
Aurelion didn't have anything even close to the energy or strength to stop Juno from swiping the datapad from him, though his hand did tighten just a second too late as he pouted vaguely at her. The calm, flowing steps she took and the air she carried herself with making Aurelion pause before trying to say anything. His mouth beginning to open when she turned and gazed at him, his mouth snapping shut in tired acquiescence as she asked him his name. A tired nod answer her before an equally tired shake of the head answered her second question.

Though he was tired his heart did begin to hammer ever so slightly in his chest at this. His eye widening slightly as he rubbed at him, stumbling toward her, and yawn. Not exactly thinking as he leaned into her and look up at her with a wide, shimmering sky blue eye illuminated by the light of the datapad in a look that many would call 'cute' as he blinked up at her. His eye drooping and tired as his wheat blonde hair swept his forehead and he mumbled. "N-No.... I... I don't.... no one.... no one would w-want..... someone like me...." Aurelion's eye closed as he leaned heavily on Juno, his legs shaking like a newborn animal as he struggled to keep himself upright. Clinging to her arm softly as he just barely maintained consciousness.

Juno

Juno

J
Juno rolled her eyes and muttered at what she saw as a bit of an overdramatic answer “Tch. You’re hopeless, kid.” Still, there was sincerity in his answer, at least in his belief in that answer. What she sensed earlier was sincere, too. She gritted her teeth and veiled it behind a smirk, her own thoughts battling each other inside her head.

This is a stupid idea. Don’t do it. You don’t need another padaw-

“Guess what. You’ve got one now.”

Juno blurted out before immediately stepping away from Aurelion, casually shaking him off her arm as she walked towards the direction of the lift. She paused and turned back, her voice suddenly changing to a mockingly droning and official tone.

“Padawan Aurelion Nova. You are to report to the Silver Rest training grounds at 7 tomorrow morning, for your first official lesson under the tutelage of Master Juno.” She gave an exaggerated bow before turning around again and taking her leave with a final thought,

“If you’ve got a problem with it, take it up with the Assembly. It’s what the last one did… But I’m willing to bet you wanna at least give it a shot.”

And with that, she left him to his thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom