Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lesson in the Republic Class

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

The best Starship manufacturer in the Galaxy. That was what Camellia Swift envisioned for Rendili Stardrive, that was what the Rendili woman who sat at the head of one of the founding shipwrights of the galaxy desired for her homeworld's pride and joy to be viewed as. Certainly though it was among the best already, with designs like the Noblesse and Centurion at the top of their works. Not only that, but the Katana and Hammerhead class toward the smaller design field were among the top of their tonnages and were greatly underestimate. Still, the company was behind in the starfighter field and cruisers for certain.

Neglecting them would be a bad idea, but there was the Fire Lotus in production for fighters that would hopefully take off in popularity. It was the cruiser's awkward space that made it difficult to assess. Even the Starhammer class just a toss in. None of Rendili's cruisers were bad, they simply didn't seem to offer exactly what the buyers in the market wanted, which seemed to be the idea of a cruiser on par with destroyers. If that was the case then rather than sink more effort in cruiser research, Rendili should work on better destroyers. They even already had a product in mind.

So taking some time to visit the Voss yards, Camellia invited someone she knew from their often joint work who would love to hear of the new refit she had in mind.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Movin on up to the east side.... oh movin on up. Ayumi had been working and finding a whole lot of work with Denon now. It was one of the major republic manufacturing bodies since the problems and she could work with that while her attention was on some of the thing there. Main one while the factory ships were working on arms and equipment was the increased production of the phasers. The wrist mounted guns served a valuable purpose, giving each of their soldiers a means to make precision shots and she was working to make sure for Sasori that they were a production item along with the rest of the ranger's gear. She wanted to get her soldiers with them built into the armor so they would be walking tanks of a soldier over just some fo the simple security they provided. That well Sasori was manufacturing some fo the strongest armor in the galaxy for frontline soldiers with some of the most advanced destructive weapons helped also and... she might not have the biggest ships but a factory ship that could make things your soldiers needed quickly instead of waiting for resupply as well as a ship built around the idea of quick clones. She didn't need an army when they could create it easily enough.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

Opening a comm channel to her friend and colleague, Camellia hoped that Ayumi was able to meet her on short notice. She didn't just expect the other woman to have no business of her own and was free to be called on whenever. However, if she was capable of coming out to meet her then they she could get a second opinion she respected on the idea driving her to redesign another solid product. So whenever Ayumi responded to her, the Rendili woman was ready on the line as she eagerly greeted her fellow technology obsessed nut. "Ayumi, I hope you've been well. It's just Cam here wondering if you had the opportunity to drop by Voss to check out some work I've been doing to an old starship line. It's nothing major but I hope to be able to turn it into something great like the Centurion we worked on a while ago."

Ayumi Pallopides

"Oh I am always doing well." She was looking at the things there while they came into view. "We've been building up a lot of things in Denon and the other places. Gives a chance to work on improving our equipment then just making all new things since we've made these massive factory ships." It wasn't really a secret, the only big surprises were something few others used or made. Instead of making more useful things she always saw a new ship with bigger guns. She liked the idea of all the stations and utility they were making. Manufacturing stations or ships they could send to worlds to give each planet business and some of the better things for trade hubs designed to well reduce import cost but at the same time maximize profits that Sasori could make. "we are coming in, factory ships are producting materials for drop off."

The Rendili woman tapped her fingers at the word of materials being dropped off. She hadn't expected Ayumi to bring factory ships along with her, but if she could make trade for materials to speed up construction of the initial product then that was just a bonus. "I did hear the Republic took Denon, things likely won't stay quiet as a result. Not that I can actually make an opinion on the matter publicly you know. Well if you'd like to come aboard the station so we can talk in person I'd like your opinion on the Republic Class I'm putting through a refit. To be honest I don't know how far to take the work on it since there's also effort being planned for a battlecruiser I'll have to rely on someone else to work on as well that's already meant for bigger things."

Ayumi Pallopides

Yeah it had taken Denon and who knew what would set the galaxy off all fo the people were all about being... petty and annoying over interesting or fun in some ways. She got her clothing, the duster designed around her light armor that was form fitted to her body. She was walking over to the docking tube when they got closer to the station so she could head over with some of the new things. The stations here served a great purpose and Sasori was always bringing in more stations to build up some of the things before she raised an eyebrow. "I am heading over, we have some new things to deploy for the planet as well as get new orders of what we need to make for the ranger's and soldiers."

"That's fine, I'm just in my office organizing the documents for the Republic class so that they're ready when you get here. Would you like me to prepare any beverages or food? It is a long trip out here from Denon so just let me know." Checking the stacks of flimsiplast to make sure everything on the Republic Class along with the redesign ideas were laid out, the Rendili woman sighed as she kept a line open to the station's staff in case she needed to have an aide pick up any drink or snacks Ayumi requested. If the other woman did want something it would hopefully be readied by the time she got to the office. If not well they could potentially be working for a while so it wasn't like it would go to waste.

Ayumi Pallopides

She was here and working at some of the things while she walked docking with the station and the information being fed to the seeder ships came up. ayumi grabbing the phaser for the wrist while she was letting things come up for the full attention with her body guards. "Oh I am already here just wishing with some of the things now." She looked at the ready before walking into it and the ranger's with her were standing talll while adjusting the toolkits they had to use and fight with if they needed to before she clasped her hands holding it. "Our latest production model of the phaser so it can be used as a wrist mounted sniper. Will make many of them turn to ash."

"I know you're here I can see your ship outside the station. I was asking if you wanted an aide to rush a drink over to my office so it was ready by the time you walked over here." Sighing the Rendili woman doubted it would get to the room before Ayumi now and honestly the other woman only had herself to blame for that for being snarky. Although besides that Camellia was a little interested in the phaser that Ayumi was offhandedly talking about as she entered the room. "Hopefully it's a durable if it has that kind of firepower Ayumi. You wouldn't want whoever's wearing it to turn to ash by accident if it took a graze from something."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi held up the canteen as she looked at Camellia. "Self filling canteen." She was there and looked at the woman while standing presentable and awesome with the force nullifying dust over the strong armor. "Oh our phasers are durable and made to last, we have created lightweight and strong tubing to allow it to work on some of the things. With the equipment the reishi tubes can be used and provide far superior levels of modularity. The only real upgrades besides making more of them will be making them compacted enough for more to be secured next to each other. We are working to upgrade from twenty tubes to twenty eight."

Ayumi's new toys sounded fun indeed, however, seeing all of sasori's new developments wasn't the reason the Rendili woman had called her friend out here. Although she felt it was quality sounding technology she ought to try and press onto buyers. Wrist mounted weaponry was impressive alongside supporting equipment, especially with the power output Ayumi was intent to boast of. "Well it sounds like an excellent product to try and get the Republic or Mandalorians to purchase to fit onto their soldiers armor if possible. If you're trying to sell it to me then I'd be more receptive after I've gotten my mind off whether its worthwhile to pursue the production of a refit Republic class. So if you'd like to take a seat I'll give you the run down on what I had in mind and accept any advice on the design you have to offer then."

Ayumi Pallopides

Well that was the reason for this and she could support that idea of refitting and rebuilding a republic ship. She had a few ideas for what they could do with an older model while working on some of the things and with companies like Damorian well the senator knew they were working on some of the harder things. She was looking at it while handing the phaser back to the one guard while they secure the tube on the wrist toolkit. "Well refitting and upgrading a ship is always a welcomed thing, just have to make it correctly. I know one of the things Sasori is working to do is get Republic contracts for some of their older model ships that have been neglected. We can rework them and beef them up for the new generation of warfare."

Now that Camellia could get behind as she nodded at Ayumi's mention of getting Sasori's existing manifest onto the Republic inventory. It was hard to validate creating brand new work when it was cheaper to refit an older design into something that could symbolize the company. As a shipwright, Rendili Stardrive was perhaps making itself the most well known for such actions since a majority of their popular works nowadays were simply the same old ships updated for the modern warfare. "If you need any input on any of those in the future let me know, I'm more than happy to help you out when you visit me for my work. Our mutual efforts always tend to be productive in the end."

Sliding the flimsiplast and a datapad to the other side of the desk, the Rendili motioned for her friend to have a seat if she wanted as she started. "The design for the Republic class is actually a functional work as it is. However, it lacks in defensive weaponry and versatility. As of now it's a capital ship destroyer with a supporting hangar. We intend to change none of that. We just want to give it defensive weaponry and attach an extra system. An HIMS like on the Centurion class to prevent it from being prey to Gravity Well Generators. Aside from that we were also considering altering its sensor and targeting systems so that it won't be affected by E-War systems, at least not standard ones. The idea would be the enemy would need to know the new data intake programs to scramble them so they would have to field E-War around the Republic Class's systems. If it proves successful we might go back and implement the work on the Centurion and Hammerheads, or perhaps not since only the Mandalorions seriously employ electronic warfare with the know how to use it and they don't seem much on fighting as aggressively in these modern times."

Ayumi Pallopides

Adding more guns to some of the ships along with ways to counter enemy ships would serve a good purpose. She could get behind that when it came down to things as the senator raised an eyebrow. Bypassing intidictor ships would also prove an invaluable asset as she took a seat going over some of the things in her head. "Alright so what do you need me and Denon for. I am happy to help but Rendili should have more then enough to handle such an endeavor." She took another sipallowing for a moment and then another closing the canteen with a small nod of her head to that. Camellia had most if not all of the work needed to handle the problems and make the ships better.

Well most of the work and problems were easily handled by Rendili and its subsidiary docks on Voss and Shri-Tal, the more obvious problem though was simply the fact that a ship with the name the Republic Class being sold to the Republic was a difficult thing to explain under the current situation on her homeworld. "Well you know the Sith loved the Vong and Titan industries for the longest time, and that even now they're just making their own things rather than turn to the people they've conquered. Business has been slow and most of the profit is coming from Voss here and Shri-Tal which still sell to the Republic since they aren't confined to Sith territory. However, you know the ridiculous disdain the Silver Jedi started having since my homeworld's fall has also hurt our profits. So to be sure the Republic doesn't ignore the value of the ship like the Silver Jedi, I was rather hoping that beyond aiding in the testing since you have better connections here, if it was at all possible for you to ensure the Republic would not turn away the business of utilizing the Republic class. Since you have a setup on Denon so soon its clear they do respect you, and I wish not to lose such respect myself by having them to give the same ridiculous cold shoulder the SIlver Jedi have. Do you think you could lend a word that the ship is credible to them and the designers had no ill intent? In a way it also keeps the Sith from getting angry since I supposedly have no control who Voss or Shri-tal's yards sell to as they're outside Sith domain and 'are technically' operating independently from my desire. Your word to the Republic instead in defense of voss and Shri-Tal's loyalties over my own trying to defend my company as a whole clears me of stirring up that hornet's nest as well."

Ayumi Pallopides

Well that was something she could look at with great interest and the idea of helping sell the ships, help make sure they were not ignored. She could do that and work with the ones there. "I think that can be done, I got a few special things done with some of the larger people in the Republic now that the ones who liked to cause problems. They were gone, their companies were gone and in the wake well she could help get industry as well as groups into the voids of industry. "Never know what else might be able to be worked on, the new factory ships that are being built are mobile foundries to prevent planets from needing to be targets."

Looking back at of her office's viewport at the foundry ship in question, Camellia tapped her finger as she considered it for a moment before turning back to her friend. "Well until one realizes the limitations of such vessels. With the space required for its facilities, I doubt a foundry ship will ever have the capacity to consistently build ships above the corvette class. The ship would have to be too large just to have the room to construct a single cruiser along with the device designed to build its components." Still it was certainly a nice idea for a mobile armory to build everything an invasion force would need to deploy on a planet, as well as keep warships stocked with starfighters and pickets. However, the design and construction of foundry ships was tricky craft. The Rendili woman knew Ayumi loved the molecular furnace technology, but unless one was prepared to build a World Devastator then they would always be extremely limited.

Nonetheless it was good news to hear that her friend was doing well for business in the Republic these days. It was a galactic power falling apart and Camellia was sad to see it so. Hopefully between the ships she was trying to supply the faction and the efforts of those within it like Ayumi it would hold strong. "Well if you ever make a factory big enough to construct Republic Class warships let me be the first to buy one. Until then let's make the Republic Class a ship worth seeing produced at a huge level. We're hoping the rework of the Republic Class won't cost much since we aren't altering the ship beyond fitting more weapon ports into the hull. Which beyond making the ship look more like an ugly SoB won't affect much more than is efficiency. Since you have the designs in hand with a comparison to the original what do think of the ship as a mainline destroyer to field in large numbers alongside the Centurion class and frigates of the Hammerhead or comparably powerful design?"

Ayumi Pallopides

Well large enough to construct ships was a plan, the need for self sustaining ships and technology gave them an advantage mostly... they had constructed a beast of a station that could produce ships smaller then itself.... and it was ten kilometers. "Yes if we manage to make such a thing." Or three as the goal was, the construction of their massive colonization ship was a beast of a self constructing factory and the massive stations they were making served several purposes. Including ship building as it would have three of the ten kilometer discs that make it up dedicated to ship construction berths. Another three of the ten to hospitals and then a training temple and residents with the final four. "Though we have managed to create production lines of our converters with some upgrades. They can now draw materials from raw energy and convert it using technology detailed in journals as well as jedi artifacts."

The Rendili woman blinked as the conversation still appeared to slide towards Ayumi's project rather than the one she had called her friend out to discuss in the first place. Camellia tried to do little more than sigh as she nodded at what her colleague had to say as she waited for an opportunity to bring up the whole reason they were having the get together. When Ayumi took a pause the head of Rendili Stardrive was quick to interject before anything else continued. "So still what do you think of the design like I asked. Do you consider it be something that will be fielded on par with the Centurion or Hammerhead? The Centurion is by far the most efficient patrol destroyer being manufactured nowadays and the Hammerhead is simply the most powerful mass produced cruiser there is. So do you believe there's a place for the Republic Class as a simple heavy warship above par than its confederates? I'm more worried the Republic might overlook it for larger ships because it's only 1250 meters, though I intend it to be far better than any ship of similar size. Does everything seem sound though? Or should we drop the Anti-Ewar protections? The only people fielding such vessels are the Mandalorians if rumor serves right. Since they aren't an enemy of the Republic as of now is the work put into such technology a waste?"

Ayumi Pallopides

She was looking at her and well there was not a lot to say really. The work that had went into it didn't need a whole lot of improvement over what they could do as she sat there. "I think it can work well but Rendili getting stuff out to the Republic is a very dangerous thing for the planet itself. The One Sith might retaliate if you are not careful and they have shown a very big disregard for lives." She turned over some of the things in the holo projection from the datapad while working with it. She looked over it. "There is more then enough here to make it great but are you certain the republic is wanting it or going to take the risk. I saw plenty of ships tossed aside for tenloss ships that were never finished decimating the navy and then tenloss was gone as well as the ships."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom