Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lady and her Violin (open)

It had been a long while since Aella was able to find a space where she could be alone to play her violin. Having found a music store to buy new strings she then found a music hall that was open and slipped in. Nobody was there, save the janitor. She opened up her violin case and tuned her violin, taking her time to re-familiarize herself with her beloved instrument.

She started playing some scales, limbering up her fingers and adjusting the tuning as the new strings relaxed into place. Standing on the stage of the hall she then began to play some Schubert, eyes closed. The sound filled the hall and she was consumed by it, memories of her father taking her to lessons and being at every concert she performed. A few tears streaked down her face as she longed to see her father. Music was one of their connections and something she found extremely healing. Finishing one piece she moved through every single Schubert she had memorized, then settled into some Mendelssohn.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Aella Cadeyrn"]
Noah never considered himself a classical music kind of person,but he had to admit,when he heard the music from outside of the concert hall. Once he walked inside,he sat down in the back row and sat there,watching the woman play whatever it was she was playing. But he had to admit,she was very good.

Music was something she had shared with her siblings actually, it was the one thing that she had shared with them. They had always talked about going to a concert together if they could scrap up enough funds. They never had been able to until it was too late and they had drifted apart. The three of them had lives which couldn't be bothered in order to hang out with family. The only concert she had been to was when she slipped out on her own after the two had left for training with masters.

As she sat listening to the music a tear streamed down her face. Phoebe missed her family and now that she was a changed woman in a new time there was no going back to making things right. They were long dead now so there was no mending of broken relationships to be had. Phoebe didn't even know where the new generation was and she wasn't quite sure she wished to know. It would just bring about more painful memories.

Wiping the tear from her eye she glanced around in hopes nobody saw. Phoebe wasn't looking nor did she want any pity from anybody. She didn't want to go into what was wrong because it wasn't anything she could fix. The only thing she could do was try to move forward.

@[member="Aella Cadeyrn"] @[member="Noah Corek"]

Finishing the Mendelssohn piece she had started Aella opened her eyes and looked up to see she had an audience.

"Oh! Hello!" She said startled, "I didn't realize anybody was here. I was hoping I wouldn't bother anybody..." She looked down at her instrument as she put it back in the case.

@[member="Noah Corek"]

@[member="Phoebe Draclau"]

"Oh no, your no bother. I'm just listening is all. Your quite good," she smiled. Nobody needed to know how the music really made her feel. It was just a part of her that she needed to deal with and it was best to do on her own. She would handle her regret over her family on her own terms when she was able to. Phoebe hoped that her being there wasn't disturbing anyone as all she was just trying to listen to the music and enjoy herself.

"I used to sing a lot time ago with my siblings but never the violin. Where did you learn to play?"

@[member="Aella Cadeyrn"] @[member="Noah Corek"]

The violin was a wonderful instrument. It was sleek, compact and relatively rare, even rarer to find someone who could play it well. The distinctive puling of the strings against the bar, the name of which was never learned by Voroll, drew him through the doors and into the large hall. It was relatively plain inside, but it was not the interior decorations he was interested in: it was the girl on the stage now conversing with a dark-haired female near the front. He wasn't close enough to hear clearly what was being said and when he moved closer he only caught the last few words @[member="Phoebe Draclau"] had asked.

He stepped closer - past @[member="Noah Corek"] - although not next to the dark-haired woman, whose face he did not see.

@[member="Aella Cadeyrn"]

"My father, he had me take lessons back home on the Eldorai planet. It was my mother's favourite instrument and so I took it like a fish does to water it seems. It's all I have left of her, save stories my father would tell me and how I imagine her to be. I like to think that him playing the violin was what drew them together and why they fell in love," she said smiling wistfully. "When I really miss my father I play. One day I hope to play for him again. What did you sing? I love listening to people sing," she inquired of @[member="Phoebe Draclau"]. Aella smiled at her new aquaintance who seemed to understand her a bit more than others did at first.

Noticing a little bit of movement in the back of the hall she looked up briefly to see @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom