Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Ladies Meeting

Theed ~ Naboo
8cCE7RA.jpg

Dark Jedi.

Emeline was not a fan of the darksiders, especially those that fell from the light. They were typically stronger and more brutal then your average Sith. Having fell from the light of the Force, they sink deeper and deeper into the darkside as much as they can. Usually, they revel in the power the darkside can give, and this made them extra dangerous. This is why Emeline was on Naboo, the beautiful temperate planet filled with rolling hills and gorgeous waterfalls. Though she was no Jedi, Emeline was a Legionnaire, and justice was hers to give. Reports of a Dark Jedi influencing various people in the capital of Theed was scary enough, and Emeline found some truth to the rumor.

Strolling along the streets of Theed, Emeline wore dark brown robes that fit neatly over her armor. She wanted to make sure it was cloaked nicely, as she didn't need her enemies knowing how armored she truly was. Her lightsaber lazily clipped to her belt, Emeline was meditating as she walked, branching out to the Force itself. This fallen Jedi had been influencing several members of the public, so much so that reports of corruption were starting to spill out. Emeline would put an end to this corruption, once and for all.

Dark brown hair falling over her eyes as she moved, Emeline was a special type of human. Incredibly sensitive to the power the Force gave off, she could feel Force sensitivity in individuals. This allowed her to seek out Jedi or Sith easily, though it was difficult for her to decipher which. She had been training the ability for years, and even still, could only feel the power, not the alignment.

The streets of Theed were darkening now as the sun set, and Emeline had spotted a very strong supply of Force power nearby. Emanating from a young woman not far off from Emeline, she made sure to approach cautiously. The fallen Jedi was rumored to be male, but it could've been a false rumor perhaps? Approaching the young woman, Emeline studied her silently, noting the clothes, hair and stature of the woman. Could this be the fallen Jedi that had been plaguing Theed recently? How could she possibly check without attacking her first? A legionnaire could never harm innocents without absolute reason to.

Keeping her hand near her hilt, Emeline was finally close enough to speak. Deciding to take diplomacy instead of aggression, Emeline introduced herself. "Hello there. New in town?" she asked, keeping her voice soft and low. She was attempting to suppress her own Force power, but it was difficult doing so while speaking. Emeline was still struggling with the Force itself.

[First post done on this board! If you don't like it, I can definitely change it! I thought it would be fun to go Dark Jedi hunting together :) ]

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Safe to say Stephanie was getting tired. She'd been travelling for what felt like months, exploring planets and meeting new people - some good, some bad - and understanding the balance of the Force. Naboo was a place she believed held great natural beauty and one supported by the Light and the Jedi forces. She didn't want to risk running into trouble again.

The Hapan wore her usual tan vest top, cream skirt and lace shawl wrapped around her shoulders. Brown sandals clung tight to her feet, and her Republic shield was over her back, along with her faithful satchel. Her brown eyes looked up at a large water feature at the end of a street, where she could see the mighty palace and all the lights and torches burning silently in the dusk.

She was on her own - or so she thought. Her senses warned her of another approaching. That and the sound of boots over the ground.

Stephanie didn't react, just rested her hand on the large marble frame of the water feature that trickled water gently up and around.

The voice spoke. A girl. Stephanie turned to the voice and noted her robes and armour, and the weapon on her side. Thankfully there was nothing screaming dangerous about this woman, and so Stephanie lowered her head a little and smiled.

"Hello, yes. I'm not from Naboo."

She raised her hand and held it out to the woman. Was she a Jedi? How exciting...

"Stephanie Swail. Are you...are you local?"

Stopping herself saying the 'J' word, she didn't want to cause trouble if there was no need or she had mistaken her identity.

[member="Emeline Thorn"]

Now that Emeline was closer then before, she could tell the woman was not a native Nabooian. Unsure of the woman's birth planet, Emeline was at least sure that she was not from this garden city. However, she did not have any strange markings or anything. Was she a Jedi? These days, it was difficult to know who was who at this point. Regardless of her alignment, Emeline was not directly threatened, and lowered her stance, relaxing. Taking the hand that was offered and exchanging pleasantries, Emeline replied swiftly.

"I am a little new myself. I guess we outsiders all look alike?" She smiled after shaking the woman's hand, feeling the power of the Force emanating off of her. She was definitely well-trained, or at least it seemed like it. Emeline had been wrong before honestly, but still attempted to guess. Keeping her stance relaxed, Emeline made sure to watch their surroundings. If this woman was not the dark Jedi she sought, perhaps she could be a potent ally...

"Emeline Thorn, at your service." She kept her smile sincere, and stood next to her, watching their surroundings as they talked.

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie laughed and gave Emeline and sheepish look, toying with her shawl.

"I guess I’m not exactly dressed for these parts, no. I do stick out like a sore thumb."

The girl was certainly a Jedi, or a Force warrior. Her aura was bright and radiant, and her smile too. Stephanie looked at their surroundings with her for a moment and sighed gently.

"I’m sorry, but I have to ask," she turned her head. "Are you a Jedi Knight, Emeline?"

If she was, it would be a thrill to meet another in person after the Silver Jedi.

[member="Emeline Thorn"]

Emeline laughed as Stephanie toyed with her shawl. The local Nabooian fashion was gaudy as best, with some incredibly old, regalia. Both Stephanie and Emeline stuck out incredibly badly amongst the locals, though Emeline preferred it that way.

"Sticking out like a sore thumb is not always bad. It means you attract those that also stick out."

Emeline smiled at such a thought. The Force was a powerful entity, and it brought people together quite routinely. Hearing the next question, Emeline was slightly taken back. Brazenly asking was not entirely normal, but then again, these were interesting times.

"No. I am not a Jedi Knight." Emeline answered curtly. "But I am an ally of the Order. I am a Legionnaire of the Iron Empire."

Pushing open the brown cloaks that surrounded her person, she allowed Stephanie to see the armor she wore underneath. Legionnaires were proud of their armor and the strength that it carried, but certain missions meant hiding the armor itself, such as this one.

Stephanie Swail

A small smile broke, liking how they both attracted each other, and she looked down at the robes and the armour underneath.

"Wow. Wow!" She glanced up at Emeline. "May I...?"

She hesitantly reached out and touched the armour, feeling the crafted shape and the cool material. She hadn't seen something like this before. Craning her head, she took in the fine detail.

"Who are the Iron Empire? The only Empire I know is the Galactic one and something called a Resurgent Empire? Are you allies of the Jedi then?"

[member="Emeline Thorn"]

Making sure they were at least somewhat in cover, Emeline lifted the bottom of the cloak, allowing Stephanie to lightly touch the armor. Cool to the touch and attuned to Emeline's Force signature, the armor seemed to hum from Stephanie's touch. The armor was unique to the Legionnaires, and Emeline was proud to wear it in public. It shone as a beacon of justice in a chaos full of chaos. Replying to her question, Emeline was happy to share the small history of the Iron Empire.

"We are smaller of course. Our Emperor, Lord Baelor, controls several planets in the Unknown Regions. We are seeking to bring back justice to a galaxy full of chaos and darkness." Mulling over the idea of the Jedi, Emeline replied to that as well. "The Jedi seek the same things as we, just on a different path. We are definitely allies, for as long as darkness continues to corrupt the galaxy."

Keeping her eyes wary of passerbys and civilians close to them, Emeline studied Stephanie. "Are you a Jedi then?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie nodded, in awe of another Light side warrior. And it meant the Jedi were growing and expanding and becoming a stronger, wider-reaching force of good.

"I...I am not a Jedi, no. But one day I wish to be."

She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, a distraction from the subject.

"I nearly became a Jedi, back when the Republic stood strong. But there were...complications. I never succeeded, and I have been trying to find my place ever since. But it is why I am here. To understand, to learn and to let the Light guide me. And so, one day, yes, I will stand with brave warriors like yourself and defend the Light."

She glanced at the armour again, and touched a symbol imprinted on it.

"Have you been in many battles?"

[member="Emeline Thorn"]

Listening intently to the Jedi hopeful, Emeline genuinely smiled. It was good to know that the light was still powerful here in the galaxy. She was not so different from Stephanie at one point, a hopeful bathed in the Force and hoping to be trained. She would find her way, Emeline was sure of it. Keeping her senses aware of the area, Emeline made sure to reply quickly.

"The Jedi are still strong. You are obviously strong in the Force. What is keeping you from seeking them out?" Emeline asked, curious why the woman had not sought out the Silver Jedi.

Looking at the symbol that Stephanie lightly touched, Emeline could only sigh. The Iron Empire had been in a few skirmishes but nothing concrete or too large. "I have fought in a small amount so far. I am here on Iron Empire business actually. A dark Jedi is here on this planet, corrupting officials and subverting trade." She kept her voice low as she scanned the street for anyone suspicious.

Stephanie Swail

At the girl’s admission, Stephanie’s brow raised a little.

"A Dark Jedi? Here?"

She glanced around, and felt her skin crawl a little at the fact she was nearly involved in some dangerous mission by the brave Lightsider.

"I’m trying to learn all I can about the Light, and the Jedi who protect the galaxy. I tried the Silver Jedi once, but I think I failed them, and I’m scared to go back…I don’t know where to go, so I’m looking for the Light to guide me."

She spoke in all but a whisper.

Checking over her shoulder, looking for…something, not that she knew what she was looking for, Stephanie turned back to Emeline.

"Do you need help? I can help you."

[member="Emeline Thorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom