Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A lack of respect

"No one has been this honest about this," Makko said.

He sat back, leaving the last of his wrap on the counter. The tightly wrapped end of bread held just salad leaves and sauce.

Makko had made a mess of most of his life so far. He'd fallen in with the wrong crowd, his fight back against the corporations had done more to push spice and hurt people than change District Seven for normal people.

"Who decides? Who decides how and where the Jedi act if they have to be seperate?"

Honesty is the best policy,” Starlin said, pointing finger guns at Makko. “I guess some people have a hard time with the truth. I may be a realist, but I’m still a pretty optimistic guy. I don’t think it’s all hopeless, I just don’t have delusions of grandeur or utopian ideals.

With a wave of his hand, he collected the trash from their meal and floated it over to the nearest waste disposal unit. Then he sat back and lit up another cig.

The Jedi do,” he replied. “Sometimes it’s the Council, sometimes it’s individual Jedi, guided by the Code. We’re taught to respect the law, up to a point. Some chit is just plain evil, whether it’s legal or not. But you do gotta be careful about that.” He puffed smoke for a bit, then asked, “You been assigned a master yet, Makko?

The young criminal slicer was clearly deep in thought. There had been so many lessons about the Jedi code and philosophy. There had been much less on how much responsibility would be placed upon them to decide where and how they acted.

"Got a spare?" he asked when Starlin lit up again.

"And I haven't, no."

A pause.

"You can't take students on can you?" he asked.

If you want to be a Jedi.

That was the condition that he repeated inside his head as he lit up a cigarette. It didn't feel like a simple clause, but a real question.

Is this what you want to do?

"I'd like that," he said. He chose honesty.

"I don't know if I really want to be a Jedi. I'm still getting a feel for what that even is. I lived between like, five blocks of Denon my whole life. I think I do. I can't be certain."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom