OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A sofisticated AI to assist [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: House Verd Inc. [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
- Model: 01-Alpha
- Affiliation: [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
- Modularity: No
- Material: Digital Data
- Holonet Connectable: AKRI is capable of connecting to the Holonet to download, update, and distribute information as she sees fit.
- Companion: As a means of being more accessible, AKRI can store herself in a holodisk, terminal, as well as Katrine’s Nightmother armor. So long as the system she is entering accepts her code, she can project herself onto it, for at least storage.
- Personality: AKRI has a sophisticated synthetic personality that perfectly simulates a true living organic.
- Vast Knowledge: Along with being able to update her databanks VIA digital/physical uploads, AKRI can successfully plug into the Holonet and pull prominent information, making her ever-learning.
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- Unhackable: AKRI has an extremely difficult coding program which makes remotely changing her programming near impossible. In the event a hacker compromises her systems she will automatically shut down, locking the hacker out. Afterwards she goes into a complicated reset process that ideally cycles her firewalls and digital defense failsafe's.
- Fleet Interface: AKRI is equipped with a cutting edge Naval Interfacing system. It allows her to take full control of any Naval Vessel’s systems she is installed into. This interface also allows her to record and analyze the battle plans of any engagement she is present for, to formulate a proper response for both the current and future battles.
- Hacker: Living in the digital world, AKRI can maneuver it with some degree of skill. While she does not operate on the level of a Master hacker, she can bypass standard security systems with ease and take over most standard systems she is plugged into.
- Initiative Programming: AKRI is programmed to take initiative in her ability to serve her owner, so if she notices Katrine taking notice of a new subject or field, she will immediately work through the Holonet and her own databanks to educate herself.
- Snappy: AKRI's personality matrix makes her a handful for anyone who has to interact with her, even her owner can sometimes have trouble getting a straight answer or response from the AI.
- EMP/ION: AKRI is constantly backing herself up, transmitting a current copy of her personality and memory banks back to her host terminal. However, a large EMP/ION blast will ultimately shut her current iteration down, requiring a download of her last back up.
- Reset Program: In the events a hacker successfully breaches AKRI's defensive measures. She will automatically be thrown into a complicated reset program that can take up to fifteen minutes to complete. In that time she will be totally powered down and unusable.
Not many are entirely sure of how AKRI came to be, or why she has such a close resemblance to her owner's mother. However, ever since her inception she has been a quirky, self-improving A.I. Her baseline function is to serve as Katrine's personal assistant and partner in her duties. This could include anything from helping pilot starships to learning new languages, of course her limitations are present. AKRI's personality was purposely made to be rather difficult, however the best synonym for her is rebellious. Her small acts of rebellion are often shown through a smart-ass attitude or quirky response, yet they seldom pass that line.
AKRI has a deep admiration and respect for Katrine, likely born from the fact that the AI is slightly based off the woman's mother. She also has no delusions on what she is and her purpose in the galaxy, often wise-cracking on the reality of her existence. Yet, even for all of her eccentric personality, she can bear down into a serious mood when the time dictates. Often, her mood is a reflection of her master's, not the mood of the room or situation.
Though she can usually be carried in any form of holodisk, Katrine can also upload her to her personal set of armor. She adds few features to the armor, short of a glorified voice activation system.