Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Jedi Calls

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Investigate underworld business
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

div1.png

In the middle of Denon a crowd of citizens crowded behind the barriers that held them off from the scene. Moments ago they witnessed the raid of a safe house, belonging to a group of individuals the SIA had been keeping tabs on with an informant. Evidence proves they had been formulating a deal from a black market arms dealer, one which proved to be correct when they bust down the doors in the middle of their business. They tried the best they could to hide and even dispose of the evidence. However, the authorities would prove decisive in their operation.

The SIA already had boots on the ground reviewing what they found. Guns and other illegal items had been found, although in regards to the individuals they had seemed to keep their lips sealed on the truth. There were many ways they could get the information they wanted, through the clever use of speech or by rougher methods that were far less conventional. Thankfully, there was also a third option.

Recently, Silas offered his services to the SIA in regard to his experience in the underworld. In the years he spent down there he had seen all the tricks of the trade, if anyone knew a thing or two about dodgy deals it was Silas. Soon enough they had asked him to come down to the scene to see if he had anything else to offer. They needed all the brains they could get considering the SIA had already poured enough resources into this operation. Hopefully, Silas was going to be what was needed to figure out exactly why and who these weapons were going to.

"Sir, recap?" Silas asked to the agent when he walked through the front door, looking at the different crates and explosives they had retrieved "Afternoon Silas, we appear to have caught these thugs at the right time. The six individuals we caught were in the middle of a suspected arms deal, how far through is unknown. Upon entering none of them seemed to resist other than the fact they tried to dispose of a few items, other than that there was no heat" Silas nodded slowly to what the agent was saying before walking over to one of the weapons crates and peeking inside "For a lowly gang these are very high grade weapons. Do they have any communication devices that could prove other key players?" Silas questioned curiously as he turned and stared at the gangsters who had been put in separate rooms "Unfortunately no. If they did have any they've hidden them well"

Unusual, they normally bring at least one item of communication at least.

"My partner over there is questioning the arms dealer right now. We've already tried the head honcho but we haven't had much use" he sighed fustratingly "Hm, mind if I have a word with him?" Silas asked him, to which he answered hesitantly with a nod "You can try" the man shrugged just before he went to join his partner. Adjusting his casual attire, Silas slowly walked into the room and nodded "Hello sir" Silas said respectfully while shutting the door behind him and leaning against it. The knight folded his arms calmly and looked at the old man with a friendly expression.

"My name is Alexander Dune, I work as an investigator for the authorities of Denon." keeping his Jedi identity a secret was standard when it came to operations to do with underground dealings "Do you mind if I ask for your name? I do not wish to make assumptions"

Last edited:
9ga96je.png

The human seated at the table appeared to be in his late 50's, and was dressed in fashionable 'business-casual' attire. The dark brown hair atop his skull faded into silver on either side of his head, and his face - while wrinkled from age - was lean & affixed with a permanent scowl. The man sat with one elbow resting on the table and his legs spread, slouching in his seat; entirely too nonchalant for the occasion. The knuckles on both of his fists had long-since calloused over; a tell-tale sign of a brawler.

As the door opened, the individual shifted in his seat, looking at the young man who entered the room and introduced himself:

"My name is Alexander Dune, I work as an investigator for the authorities of Denon." keeping his Jedi identity a secret was standard when it came to operations to do with underground dealings "Do you mind if I ask for your name? I do not wish to make assumptions"

Immediately, the man scanned the newcomer - a quick once-over, before replying.

"Me?" He indicated himself with a strange gesture - fingers splayed out & directing his thumb toward his chest, "My friends call me Frank, but you can call me Francis." His accent was obviously not from Denon, nor did he appear to be augmented in any way; "Factory Default" was the term most commonly used on Denon to refer to people without any visible signs of enhancement. The telltale gruffness in his voice could be easily identified as Coruscanti. The man's head cocked to one side as his left eyebrow cocked upward.

"Awfully young to be a badge. Does your mommy know you took the day off school?"

The jab was delivered alongside a smirk at his own joke, flashing a set of teeth much too perfect to be marked as the typical "gangster".

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"My friends call me Frank, but you can call me Francis."
"Mr. Francis? you got it" the young man replied respectfully to the gentleman. He was old yet still as sharp as a razor's edge, this man was going to be no pushover for sure. Silas smiled when he pointed out his youth, knowing a person his age was unusual to see working for the pigs "Respectfully sir, I can look after myself" the Jedi replied, his gaze resting on the man's perfect teeth.

"The same can be said for those teeth of yours, most petty criminals can't seem to afford good dentistry as you can"

Silas pushed himself away from the wall and walked over to the table he was sitting on. Carefully, he'd drag out a chair and sit across from him "I'm going to be honest with you sir, I doubt you six alone would be able to afford good dental care and high grade weapons even if you tried. You're far much bigger than this, am I correct?" Silas questioned while calmly leaning back in his chair.

"I may be young, but I'm certainly not stupid"

Last edited:
'Francis' sat back in his chair, still relaxed. The apparent accusation that he was part of some 'grand scheme' appeared to sail right over his head.

"Son, I have no idea what you're talking about. All I do for a living is deliver pizzas." As he continued speaking, 'Francis' then shifted, reaching behind his back & producing his wallet from a back pocket; from-which, he produced a thin sheet of metal. Casually, he tossed the business card onto the table toward Silas Westgard Silas Westgard . It skimmed along the top of the table, turning end over end at speed...

Whether the lad managed to catch it before it fell off the table or not was his problem.

"As far as my teeth, what can I say? My momma made sure I brushed twice a day. Flossed too." With the same hand, still holding his wallet, 'Francis" indicated with a pointed finger toward the young man's face. "If you want, I can point you in the direction of a good dentist. You could use one, yourself."

In big, bold letters on the face of the card, the words "BRICK'S PIZZARIA" were brightly emblazoned, along with a phone number & address - putting the location of the pizzaria near the Uscru District on Coruscant, and another location near Seven Corners in District 7 on Denon. A number of pizza boxes had been found in one of the back rooms of the warehouse labeled with the very same name, either empty or half-empty.

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

It was obvious a man of his age had gone through things like this before, the way he was calm and prepared only his thoughts. The only reason he believed him owning a pizza place was because he had ordered pizzas from there during cheat days "The only reason I believe you is beause I'm actually a customer myself" he replied, his gaze looking to the boxes for a brief moment "However, I don't remember blasters being on the menu do you?"

Sure, the teeth could be explainable but the guns on the other hand was going to be a tough one to excuse, especially with a Jedi like Silas who was as sharp as a knife "We'll form a search warrant nonetheless to see if you're storing anything other than pizza dough anyway" he said nonchantly with a slight tilt of his head.

"When we entered, you as well as your thugs were in the middle of buying those weapons off the dealer. Why don't you tell me who they were for Mr Francis? I doubt your buisness will need protecting with such high grade weapons anytime soon"

Last edited:
"Francis" smirked at the young man's mention that he'd patronized the restaurant. The snide remark passed, with the older man giving a shrug. The assertion that they'd get a search warrant for the location on Denon didn't come as much of a surprise - blown off with a wave of his hand.

"When we entered, you as well as your thugs were in the middle of buying those weapons off the dealer. Why don't you tell me who they were for Mr Francis? I doubt your buisness will need protecting with such high grade weapons anytime soon"

"When the cops came in, I was upstairs. I got a phone-call for a delivery for five pies, and since it's just me, I fixed 'em and brought 'em personally. I'm afraid, Detective, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I never saw, touched, or even knew about whatever your boys found in the warehouse."

"Francis" kept his eyes on the young man - a cold, hard stare, with his head cocked slightly to one side. Again, he pointed in that unusual way; using his index finger with his other fingers splayed out. "You do what you gotta do. As for me, I'll take that phone call whenever you're ready, kid."

qC8JFYe.png

Tag: Vincenzo Valentine Vincenzo Valentine

div1.png

"Is that so, sir?" Silas said back with a brief smile, not even taking a second to break eye contact while he spoke. Francis was clearly trying to intimidate him with the way he carried himself, unfortunately for him it didn't seem to be working against the younger man. Sighing, he slowly got out of his seat and began pacing the room with both hands behind his back.

"Who says you were getting that call?" he said bluntly to the silence, straight up denying his right to contact a lawyer. Silas hated doing this, but if he didn't play his role he was sure to be sniffed out for something he wasn't. As long as he didn't go through with any of it, he wouldn't be doing anything wrong.

"The thing is Mr. Francis, we work a little differently down here. Compared to Coruscant, we can do what we see fit, like denying you communication with that dodgy lawyer of yours" he said smugly as the "detective" walked towards the gangster with a grin across his face "You see sir, we've been keeping an eye on you and something from that story doesn't add up. After all that time you didn't deliver a single pizza up until now. How coincidental..."

Walking over to one of the pizza boxes he picked one up and threw the empty box like a frisbee onto the table "Care to explain to me how you devoured five pizzas in the space of ten minutes? You guys must have been terribly hungry, starving even." he explained before coming to a halt "It's just a shame you didn't save any for me or any of the boys..."

Francis was smart for bringing the boxes with him. Although, a story like that wasn't going to get past Silas so easily.

Last edited:
"It's just a shame you didn't save any for me or any of the boys..."

Vinny's bushy eyebrows narrowed immediately, and his demeanor changed in an instant. Presented with the information that his phone call was going to be withheld, 'Francis' slammed his hands down on the table and stood up out of his chair. In an explosive display of violence, he slapped the pizza box from the table - sending it spinning into the wall. Then, he pointed; jabbing a finger in the young man's direction, but this time in a manner reminiscent of a pointing gun: fingers clenched, index pointing, and his thumb toward the ceiling.

"So you greasy bastards can get fat off my hard work?!" He snarled. "You don't know shit about me, kid. This is anti-Epican discrimination; that's what it is! I work hard for everything I've got; what do you do, aside from ditch school to play cops & robbers?!"

The situation would continue to devolve. 'Francis' balled his fists, and looked as-if he were about to throw a punch.

"Go fuck yourself, pig. You've got nothin', and you're gonna be nothin'! I want my fuckin' phone-call! I don't give a damn whether this is Coruscant or DQar! I have rights, and I'm gonna sue you, everyone you know, your entire department, and this entire planet! I'd bust you right in your mouth if we were back home!"

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Silas didn't even flinch when his fist hit the table. If a blaster being shot at him at close range couldn't do it this old man certainly wasn't going to have any luck, let alone a pizza box being flung against the wall. Almost amused by the outburst, Silas folded his arms and took a few steps towards him daringly "You'll bust me up huh? what's stopping you right now Mr. Francis?" he said with a tilt of his head and sigh "It's not like you're going to be charged with assault after all..."

The so called detective casually readjusted his own tie and glared into the man's agitated eyes. Anti-Epican? that kind of thing only suggested he spent a lot of time on that planet. From what he had heard it was a pretty quiet place with not much trouble going with it, but these days you never knew what hid behind something so innocent.

"I'm not giving you that phonecall till you answer my questions sir. Do you think I get paid enough to care about the different rights you have on another planet?" he grunted, leaning himself up against the table without a care in the world "If you own a pizza joint down here, then what's your business in Epica? I believe that store is only one of a kind from what I've heard so far" Silas questioned "Let me guess, is that where you store all your "Explosive" secret ingredients?"

Silas knew he was onto something here. Epica was going to be something he'd have to look at further in the near future

Last edited:
"If you own a pizza joint down here, then what's your business in Epica? I believe that store is only one of a kind from what I've heard so far" Silas questioned "Let me guess, is that where you store all your "Explosive" secret ingredients?"

"It's not one of a kind." 'Francis' muttered, waving a hand dismissively, then narrowing his eyes at the investigator. Indignantly, he jerked a thumb into his own chest. "Epica's where my family is from. Mi Famiglia. Way outside of your jurisdiction, kiddo." With a smirk, he added, "Or if you want, you can come to Coruscant and I'll make you the best pizza you've ever had in your life. Deliver right to your front door, too. It'll blow your mind."

The subtle threat was delivered in such a way that any normal human might have heard it only on the surface for how it sounded - a casual offer. But coming from this man, in this setting, it was poison.

At that moment, entirely by surprise, Detective "Dune" received a singular beep through his personal communicator. Such interruptions were not common practice in intense investigations, and certainly could only mean one thing.

He was needed outside of the interrogation room. They'd found something he needed to see.

'Francis' continued to stare at him with a strange look on his face; as-if he were memorizing the young man's features. "You'd better see who that is. If it's your mommy calling, tell her you're with Uncle Francis. I'm sure she'll let you stay out late."

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
Deliver right to your front door, too. It'll blow your mind."
Silas raised an amused brow at the subtle threat and brushed it off as if he was nothing. The old gangster thought he'd be able to do anything once he left, but the truth was if he came looking for the young detective he'd find nothing. Even if he had connections within the force they probably wouldn't even find anything on the kid, it was almost as if the boy was a ghost.

When Silas was about to ask him about that comment something vibrated from within his pocket. Sighing to himself, he reached inside and looked down to see that he was needed outside the room. It must have been something important if they needed his attention in the middle of a questioning, so with a smile he looked to the old man and motioned him to stay in his chair "Sir if my mom heard I was with a man called uncle Francis she'd freak out don't you think?" he said in a cheeky tone before leaving the room.

"Hey, you needed me?" the knight asked curiously as he stood next to the box of blasters. Casually, one of the investigators took out a card similar to the old man's "This look familiar by any chance?" the man asked, to which was replied with a strong nod "Yup, that's the exact same card he showed me in the room..." Silas explained, briefly looking back at the man and the card on the table "That's enough evidence to take him in at least. We'll need to review the evidence and see what the judge says when he's called into court" the investigator explained, indicating to a group of his investigators to grab Francis and take him to one of their transports.

"If it means anything I'm confident he was apart of it one way or another. Yet, it is the judge's choice after all" Silas said with a roll of his eyes and a shake of the investigator's hand "Thanks for coming down buddy, we'll let you know if we need any more assistance" Silas nodded to the man and stood by the doorway as Francis was being hauled outside.

"Hey, when you're out do you mind giving me a discount on the "mindblowing" pizzas?"

"Sir if my mom heard I was with a man called uncle Francis she'd freak out don't you think?"

The cheeky response pre-empted the kid's departure, leaving Vinny with a smirk on his face. He relaxed in the chair, looking up toward the ceiling to stretch his neck, then glanced around the small confined space with a sigh. Thoughts swirled about in his head as he considered the angles... how he'd gotten himself into another scrap, and wondering what they'd found. He wasn't stupid... He'd probably made a mistake somewhere. Unless he was real lucky.

The whole idea of doing a buy on Denon hadn't been his to begin with, but the creds sounded good. To review, he repeated the number for The Family's lawyer, Arturo Arturo , to himself silently.

It didn't take long at all before he got his answer.

Two uniformed CorpSec deputies entered the room and commanded him to stand up. Rather than put up a fight, he complied - never losing his subtle smirk. As they took him into custody, he stole a glance through the open door into the warehouse - looking for, and finding, Alexander Dune beside another man. Both were watching him, too.

Vinny gave them both a grin, and a half-hearted shrug; as-if to say, "No big deal."

The pigs read him his rights, though they were a bit different than what one might hear on Coruscant. If he didn't cause them any trouble, he'd get three hots & a cot... and, eventually, a phone-call. He didn't know what they had on him, but it didn't matter. He'd beat worse raps before.

As the two CorpSec deputies led him out of the room and past Alexander Dune, Vinny stared straight into the kid's face until one of the deputies told him to face forward.

"Hey, when you're out do you mind giving me a discount on the "mindblowing" pizzas?"

"I've already got a special one in mind with your name on it, kid."

END​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom