Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Hunter and a Huntsman [PM for Inivte]

"Ansion! Look at it. Small, backward, unimportant. If queried , I wager not one politician or merchant in a hundred could tell you anything much about it.."
- Shu Mai

The world of Ansion was one covered in rolling hills, plains, and farmlands. Only a few dozen million people live on this backward world, if even that; not much is known about the place and in that it becomes the perfect place for one to hide. From law, from bounty hunters, and even from the darkest of secrets that roam the galaxy.

Catalys had been out of Primeval space for some time already; he was tracking a runaway Agent that intended to sell information on The Primeval in exchange for protection and a comfortable life. One benefit and risk the agents get is their permission to engage in regular behaivor and adapt themselves into the social norm of the galaxy at large. For some this is too much and they begin to love what they truly don't have. What they never will have. They succumb to their greed and once the Grand Executor finds out, they order a purge of all the active agents, save for a few. To prevent this, Catalys tracked the runaway to the world of Ansion.

Walking into a small cantina he scanned the area. It seemed home mostly to farmers but it was not an uncommon hotspot for bounty hunters looking for outcasts roaming the world's settlements and taken refuge in abandoned farmsteads.

Algan sat in his usual spot near one of the windows, not really expecting anyone interesting to come in. He probably should have expected that wouldn't be the case, it was never the case. As the new arrival begins to scan the area he quickly turns on his mask the yellow surface shimmering for a second before allowing him to scan the guy carefully. He didn't retrieve any new information that would be useful so he just waits for the man to spot him and walk over, as it was inevitable he would.

The agent looked around the area, wearing his new armour and carrying his KX-80 rifle slung around his shoulder in the usual fashion. His armour's tactical HUD was disabled to give him a standard view; his Umbaran eyes were sensitive to light and thus the visor was designed to protect him from sudden bursts of light. He noticed [member="Algan Crow"] in the corner of his eye, a figure like that stands out. Bounty Hunter? Mercenary? Pirate? Who knew but perhaps this was the person he needed to find. Someone who knew how to find people who were out of place, just as he.

Walking over to the spot near the window, Catalys sat down in the empty chair. "And you are?", he asked.

Algan sighs quite loudly as what he suspected played out before him, as the man walked over and sat down. He made sure he had a hand resting on his blaster pistol, you never know, most of the time when a guy shows up with a giant rifle its not to say hello and leave peacefully. So he sits up and looks over the man one more time before responding. The thoughts of this man being a Mercenary of some kind also racing through his mind, a expression of curiosity on his face, though his mask hides it well.

"The names Crow, And you are?"

Catalys kept a composed face behind his helmet, looking down slightly at the table with just his eyes, his head never moving an inch.

"A huntsman.", he said getting to the point. There was no time to waste.

"I'm looking for someone: An Umbaran. Pale eyes, paler skin, and likely a bald head.", he said -- sliding over a few credit chits but keeping his fingers just on them depending on the answer.

His eyes narrowed a bit but once again that was likely unseen.

"Well?"

[member="Algan Crow"]

He eyes the credits half halfheartedly as his curiosity dies out from the answer, and the mans never moving head unsettles him.

"Bribes, seems your smarter then i thought" he actually avoids the question for a minute, seeing if more credits are offered but as it doesn't increase he continues before realizing this man must also be after his contract which makes him even more serious then before.

"I've seen him around the area, but I have a contract to fulfill, so I'd rather not have another man in the way" that's his final responses, and he prepares to quick-draw the pistol if the man tries anything after the comment he just made.

Catalys was not phased by the response. "What interest could you have in him? I'm offering you credits for information; that's it.", he spoke carefully.

The KX-80 rifle was a fast repeating support weapon, compact and light to boot. He did not intend to start a gunfight, however. His fingers remained on the chits as he waited for a response.

[member="Algan Crow"]

Algan relaxed as the man made not moves, but doesn't seem too pleased with his unwavering expression and as he looks down at the credits he seemed to say his next words with little to no thought needed.

"A contracts a contract, I don't question it. The credits your offering aren't even close to how much i'm getting for this mans head." he begins to press a finger to where his temple would be under his helmet as if in impatience for something to happen.

Catalys thought about it briefly. "Whoever paid you is not smart. You're going to make very powerful enemies; tell you what. I'll let you have your bounty -- only if it means killing the man. On top of that I'll pay you half the bounty as a bonus.", he said.

The deal was worth it -- assuming there was at least some kind of price for him dead and not just alive. [member="Algan Crow"]

The bounty hunter doesn't seem to need much time to think, the deal was in his favor credit wise, and he needed it.

"Done. The last place i tracked him too was a farmers barn just west of here, I stopped to see if i couldn't find him here instead. No such luck"
He seems to hear what the man says about powerful enemies, but really, enemy's when you stand with a powerful force behind you can be dealt with.

Catalys kept his cool. He felt pleased that the man was able to accept such a deal; there were still complications, however.

It was quite odd that there would be anyone looking for one of their agents. If so the agent may have already spilled valuable information; if that's the case they may have to purge anyone who may know -- including entire worlds. "Let's get to it.", he stood up and offered the an his hand to shake in an agreement; the rifle was still slung over his shoulder.

[member="Algan Crow"]

Taking his hand away from the gun, he shook Catalys hand before patting him on the back and heading out of the tavern, placing a tracker on the back of the tactical armor if it could find any grip (if not he would slide it back into his sleeve)sticking it there before moving on like nothing happened.

"The longer we sit around and talk, the longer this guy lives"
He states before finally exiting the cantina heading directly east

As the two approach the farmhouse it seems almost completely deserted but if the trained eye were to look over it small details would stand out that there was a fight over the territory, all the ground disturbed by footsteps and what appears to be the rare bit of dried blood on some grass or in the dirt.

Further examination tells you that the person who was in the scuffle and lost may have been dragged into the barn, though somebody tried to cover their tracks they left the slightest places where the boots scraped visible, either they were injured or in one hell of a hurry because any trained man would have tried to disguise his presence in the area but he did no such thing. Even someone with horrible eyesight could see the smashed window and the wide open door, thought the deserted feeling gives you the hint that they may have moved on, evidence also goes against you.

"You take the house, ill see if I cant find footsteps leading away"

Algan begins to sweep the area for any further clues other than the obvious ones, leaving Catalys to his own devices for a few minutes.

Scanning the area, his eyes darted about -- looking for any signs of where he might be. He knew this man, after all, and in knowing him he knew what he might be thinking. The house was an obvious choice. It'd be easy to hold but if there was anything certain; it wasn't like an agent to get themselves trapped after a firefight. The truth is they were probably the ones being hunted. Being defensive is what they'd expect.

Walking towards the house slowly, the agent's boots pressed into the soft soil as he maneuvered himself along the walls of the farmhouse; steelcrete and other materials made up the structure. The rifle that was slung around his shoulder was now carefully held, the barrel slightly pointing to the ground in order to avoid unnecessary firefights and to trim down how much of him could be seen. Luckily he was wearing his new tactical armour which was not only resistant to energy shots from a blaster but could also block a lightsaber for a short amount of time due to its cortosis-weave design.

[member="Algan Crow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom