Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A High Price

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Tatooine, another day, another sell, more of the same, Chee Saren's prison, one of his own making. The Twi'lek warrior had been unable to save his sister from the slavers which came to his village. Tann was beautiful, very beautiful, and Chee knew she like he sent to the pleasure houses. There had been horror stories of what happened to those females, and Chee would not have any of it for his sister. The Twi'lek warrior made a trade. His services were traded to keep Tann on the dance floor only. The force sensitive Twi'lek had been forcing people to buy at Zoora the Hutt's demands. Every day he met his quota even if it meant persuading someone against their will.

There were two more sales he had to make and the market was going to close soon. Two teenage boys approached his stand. Why did he set aside his good morals just to protect his sister. One did not weigh out the other, and Chee knew it. Many nights he lay awake at night trying to come up with a plan to bust his sister out, but the courage never came. Instead Chee pushed his morals aside once more and intruded upon the minds of the young teenagers.

"You want death sticks," his thoughts pressed.

With a wave of his hand, the fire Twi'lek sent the persuasion toward them. It didn't always work, but more often than not it did. These boys were weak, and soon they were paying for final part of Chee's quota. Another day, another sell, more of the same, Chee Saren's prison of his own making.

[member="Cambria Zadira"]

A Blue Guardian Angel (inactive)
Cambria was once again back on Tatooine attempting to do what ever she could to derail Zoora the Hutt's illegal slave trade. The Silver Knight had already done it twice, perhaps the third time would really be the charm, though the Rutian Twi'lek was playing with fire, and she knew it.

While strolling along merchant alley in the heart of Mos Eisley wearing a dark silver hooded cloak over her modified robes, Cambria notice a couple of young boys being manipulated by a male seller who kept insisting they wanted death sticks. The fire Twi'lek was using a form of Mind Trick on them and that did not sit well with the Jedi Guardian.

The blue-skinned Twi'lek walked up with purposeful strides and looked at the young boys, then said with a subtle wave of her hand. "Ice cream is a much better treat. Now run along," Bri said, pressing deeper into their minds with her own persuasion overriding the yellow orange Twi'lek's weaker attempt yet a good one.

Once they had run off as she had suggested, Cambria turned to the merchant and greeted him in Twi'leki; taking in [member="Chee Saren"]'s aura in the Force. "You have quite the gift… I sense you are a better man than the actions you have just shown me. The heat of the day has made me thirsty. Let us share a drink together and talk a spell."

The boys were about to pay when a cloaked figure came his way with determined steps. The stride was decidedly female, despite the way the cloak masked much of the figure. A much stronger mental sensation disrupted his concentration and pressed deeper into the minds of the two Chee had been persuading. The thick accent went unnoticed, as it was indicative of his people when they spoke basic. The suspicion he had was confirmed when the Rutian Twi'lek greeted him in his native tongue. Blue eyes watched the two boys left. His quota still needing to be met, Chee considered persuading the Twi'lek, but her words made him realize that would not be possible. She was a trained force user, he was not.

The fire Twi'lek was not happy about the turn of events. If the quota was not met, Tann would be sent to the pleasure house. Chee's color nearly left his complexion when the other booths began to close for the day. Out of desperation, he turned to the female, returned the Twi'leki greeting, and then promptly cursed in Huttese.

"I cannot, not until I meet my quota... Which I had until you ruined it for me. Two more death sticks is all I needed, and now because of you, Zoora may very well send my sister to one of his pleasure houses."

His voice bordered shouting and just being loud. The fire Twi'lek was clearly upset and agitated over what just happened. [member="Cambria Zadira"] was correct though. Chee was better than what he was doing. Taking the two death sticks the boys were going to buy, Chee threw them to the ground smashing them. He couldn't let Zoora see them in the inventory. Taking the cost of the two sticks out of his own coin purse situated on his belt, Chee paid for them himself. This was not the first time he went without a meal for his sister. He would do so again today.

Calming down, Chee nodded to the cerulean hued female. His demeanor was much more controlled, more fitting the sleek appearance his black tactical pants, and black sleeveless shirt gave him. The warrior was usually calm, but the situation with his sister roused him easily.

"I'm sorry. A drink would be refreshing as it is a hot day. I rarely receive such an invitation for company as it is, and I would appreciate it very much. If you would help me to close my stand, we could be off that much faster. I do have a curfew."

Cambria watched thoughtfully the other Twi'leks reaction and listened carefully to his words. He was genuinely troubled by this predicament of not making his quota. Obviously he was not free nor his sister, but owed a servitude to someone else, and that someone being Zoora the Hutt. The knowledge of how that crime lord used and treated his slaves and minions made Bri's blood boil. But being the Jedi Guardian she was, a way would be found to aid and defend those who could not for themselves due to their situation.

As the orange yellow Twi'lek took out credits to cover for his unsold death sticks, she noted there was not enough left within his cred purse for a decent meal. Cambria felt bad, though she had done the right thing by not letting him push those drugs onto the young boys.

"No apology needed. We all get upset from time to time… I am sorry for the loss of your wages, but I could not let you sell those death sticks to the young ones."

The Silver Knight helped the male Twi'lek fold up the table, then she took notice of his physique as he carried it under a strong arm and the rest in his other. It had been ages since her golden eyes had gazed upon someone of the opposite sex of her species. He was quite handsome with brown stripes on his long brain tails, though his aura appeared sad with much conflict and pain shaded through out his blue orbs as she peered into them.

Walking next to him as they left Merchants' Alley, she introduced herself. "By the way, I am Cambria Zadira. I am curious… How long have you been able to persuade people like that?"

Chee could feel [member="Cambria Zadira"]'s reaction as well as hear her words regarding what she had just done. It was a sensation and feeling he had not felt from someone in the nearly eleven years he had been on Tatooine, compassion. The Rutian Twi'lek did not regret her actions, but she did feel for the fact she had cost him his evening meal. Her apology was not needed however, she had done the right thing, something Chee should have done from the start, but had wanted to eat. The courageous warrior, the killer of lyleks, was reduced to a selfish coward because of Zoora. There was shame in that thought.

"You could not have know your actions would cause me to miss my evening meal, and there is never a need to apologize for doing what is right. You have done what I lost the courage to do years ago," Chee responded to her apology.

With the merchandise secured, and the table folded under his strong arm, Chee began to lead the way to where he had to check in. They would be able to leave from there to find something to drink. In the meantime he could answer her questions.

"I've known I was force sensitive for a long time," Chee said getting into the line all of Zoora's merchants had to follow.

The line itself moved fairly quickly, and in no time at all the table had been checked in, and Chee received his two hours of freedom for dinner before the transport would be there to take him back to his "arranged living quarters." Once he rounded the corner to a place he felt he could talk more freely, Chee resumed their conversation.

"When I was young my father helped me hide my talents. He didn't want the Jedi to take me. My mother had been taken as a slave, my sister had a high chance of being taken. He didn't want to be alone. I can't recall how long I've been able to sense what people think and feel, but since I can remember. The persuasion thing I found out I could do almost eleven years ago when I got desperate to make quota. I made a bargain with Zoora to take my services in exchange for keeping Tann out of his pleasure houses. The Hutt might be slimey, but as long as I keep my end of the deal, so does he."

Chee rounded another corner which brought them to a small cafe. He hated the cantina atmosphere. There were too many of his kind enslaved there, and he hated to see it. Instead he usually frequented a small cafe which served a limited, but good menu.

"I hope you don't mind," he said pulling out a chair for Cambria.

As she sat, Chee noticed her lightsaber hanging off her hip. It was the first glimpse of her figure, but his mind was focused on one thing. This one was a Jedi, of some kind. Taking his own seat, Chee finally took the time to notice the pleasant features of Cambria's face. There were certain features which had been modified to make her look more human, but Chee found them to enhance her natural beauty. Cambria was the first Twi'lek female he had met since on Tattooine that was not a slave. He tried not to look at them because other men lusted after them everyday. Chee was curious though, so he allowed himself to take in her appearance.

Cambria watched at a safe distance as [member="Chee Saren"] made his way through the line to check in his wares. So this man knew that he was Force sensitive for a long time, but chose not to seek training? She could certainly understand him wanting to not advertise his gift being indentured as he was; only using the skills of telepathy and persuasion to aid him on a daily basis. He felt strong to her in the Force so this begged the question: If with proper training, just how strong he would be indeed. She did not want him to fall to the dark side and/or be a token to the Sith, which was an easy thing to do without knowing how to control ones emotions.

"I do not mind a bit," Bri replied after the fire Twi'lek had led her to a small cafe. "And thank you," she nodded appreciatively to him pulling the chair out for her. Golden eyes caught his blue as she looked over the top of the menu held within her hands.

"Mushroom soup sounds good in a bread bowl. I have not had the pleasure of that in a great long while. Please order what you wish as this is my treat. It is good to share a meal with another of my people. Is your family from Ryloth?"

"Thank you," he said quietly looking down at the menu.

This was the first time in ten years Chee could remember someone having any kind of compassion toward him. He honestly did not know how to handle it. In a way it felt awkward to peruse the menu knowing he could not pay for the meal, nor had any real way of paying the Rutian Twi'lek back. Chee was not going to complain though, because he needed the food. Blue eyes caught a glimpse of the golden speckled eyes of the female across from him, and he broke his stoic look with an appreciative smile.

"I would like stuffed mushrooms please, and an iced tea," Chee said to the server before nodding another thank you to [member="Cambria Zadira"].

Her question was a good one, it opened the door for him to tell her everything that was going on. Chee had noticed her lightsaber when she sat in the chair, and that meant she could help.

"I grew up on Ryloth, my father is still there as far as I know. I come from a warrior clan, and like many males of my village I began training at a young age. We bordered the bright lands, and had to deal with Lyleks constantly. I have killed many, but that does not keep the slavers from coming. It only encourages it. While we were killing Lyleks, slavers came and took my sister Tann. She is very beautiful, like you, and I knew she would be sent to the pleasure houses. I came here. I made a deal with the Hutts, and now I have to pawn off drugs in streets to keep her from being taken advantage of by men who are looking for a quick bit of pleasure with no thought to what it means for the partner they find themselves with.

Chee stopped when he saw the server coming with the food. He did not want to be overheard. If word got back to Zoora that he was talking with a Jedi, Tann could be in danger.

"I spend most nights awake working up the courage to just bust her out and leave this place, but I can't risk getting caught. If I failed I'd be killed, and Tann would go straight to the pleasure house. I would leave if I could take her with me. Ironic isn't it. Our people are usually forced to be slaves, and here I am a slave by choice."

"Your story is so much like others of our kind. I am sorry that your family has had to endure this cruelty, [member="Chee Saren"]," Cambria answered with a compassionate tone, then nodded a thanks to the server, taking a nice long sip of her iced tea while Chee continued on explaining his thoughts more in depth.

"I fortunately showed my Force affinity at the right time and right place, garnering the attention of the Jedi Watchman for the sector when I was three. Otherwise I would have no doubt been sold to become a slave dancer or worse. This is why I have taken upon myself as my mandate to free slaves when ever I can, and am willing to aid you and your sister in doing just that. It says much for your character to have made that voluntary choice," the blue-skinned Twi'lek said most emphatically, then took a spoonful of the thickly-made mushroom soup before her.

"Mmmmm… Not bad, though definitely needs more salt. Would you be so kind as to pass the salt shaker to me please? So… Do you have a plan, and I forgot to ask is Tann Force-senstitive like you?"

"Yes, well it happens to often, and if I could I would end it all. If our people would learn to fight back instead of just view it as part of the cycle of life, then perhaps there would be a change. If this Zoora could he eliminated, then maybe word would reach Ryloth, and they would see that they don't have to live in fear of being taken."

Yet, Chee had a difficult time with his own advice. He feared for his sister's safety. There was no way he could mind trick a Hutt. It was too difficult. Chee just ate his stuffed mushrooms as his mind contemplated whether he should tell [member="Cambria Zadira"] his plan. She seemed eager to help. Her morals seemed to be in line with his, and she was a fellow Twi'lek. Cambria was very pretty, but Chee was so focused on his sister that any thoughts outside of her freedom were quickly overshadowed by the closest opportunity that Chee had found in ten years.

"The dancers are all kept in a private housing facility in Zoora's palace. They have twelve guards at each checkpoint and three checkpoints. Ten rooms with two dancers to a room. There is a slavers entrance on the south side with less guards and only one checkpoint. If we made our way there, we could move quicker and be mostly unnoticed. I just don't have any weapons, so I'm useless."

Of course Chee had a plan. He'd been casing the palace for almost eleven years.

"Tann is not force sensitive. I am the only one in my family."

An honest confession. Chee just hoped Cambria could use his information to help get Tann free. While they were at it, maybe they could free the others too.

The Jedi Guardian listened closely to [member="Chee Saren"]'s plan. It sounded doable though there were great risks, but that had never stopped Cambria. Sometimes one must choose between what is right and what is easy. Freeing the sun Twi'lek's sister and therefore him as well as hopefully the other slave dancers must be why the Force had prompted the Silver Knight during recent meditations to return to Tatooine for this very purpose.

"I like your plan. You have done well in scoping the situation out. Do not worry about a weapon. I will see to it you have one. When do you propose for this to go down?" Bri asked, then took another spoonful of the mushroom soup followed by a bite of the bread bowl.

"Guard changes thirty minutes before curfew. That's in thirty minutes. It takes twenty minutes to get there from here. We have ten minutes to finish eating if we are really going to do this. The next change is at midnight. It would give us the cover of nightfall, but we would have to be much quieter as the grounds are very quiet, except for the slaves that have paired. They can be loud sometimes.

Chee quickly finished his mushrooms. He was more apt to just take the Hutt down now, but he understood if the Jedi wanted to wait. He had been waiting for eleven years a few more hours was nothing. The orange hued Twi'lek quietly contemplated the situation. Since they did have time before they had to leave, he had questions of his own. Two really were pressing.

"What happens after this? We free everyone and I go where? Wha happens to Tann? We can't go back to Ryloth. It would be easy to end here again."

[member="Cambria Zadira"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom