Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Helping Hand

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
bgimg-3645471a7.jpg

The Order of the Silver Jedi Temple
Voss, Silver Jedi Space

The Silver Jedi Order was expanding, East and West, North and South. Stephanie Swail had been here once before, but fled when she felt the pressure of wanting to be worthy build up. It was [member="Kyra Sol"] who had pulled her back from the edge, cleansed her mind with the introduction of the Je’daii and allowed her to feel like she had a purpose.

Now, she was pacing back and forward outside the chambers of Master Valae Kitra, one she had heard about during a recent mercy mission to provide aid. Having returned from Hoth and Bastion and Sarkany, a trip that revitalised her, Stephanie was now ready to become the Jedi she always wanted to be.

Standing in the Temple created by the late Iella E’ron, and surrounded by the aura of great Jedi Masters of the last few decades who had walked these very halls and allowed the Jedi to bloom, Stephanie was determined to become one of them.

She just needed help getting there.

Would Master Kitra have time for this young, naïve, eager-eyed Hapan, or would she simply send her to someone else. She wouldn’t know her name, so there was little time to make herself known and allow Master Kitra to make a judgment.

The Ranger guard stood in the shadows, armed, keeping a watchful eye on the chambers and the nervous looking girl pacing up and down outside. She blew out her cheeks, breathing, pulling together what she wanted to say and how to say it.

She rubbed her hands together, twisting her fingers around each other. A cream and tan dress trailed a little on the floor, her strappy sandals patting gently on the ground. Brown hair braided and hanging loose, Stephanie was dressed in her usual Hapan attire – looking little like a Jedi and more like some princess.
Should she knock again? It’s not best to be over-eager, but then if she hadn’t heard…?

Turning, Stephanie exhaled and rapped on the door one final time and stepped back.

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Inside her chambers, Valae Kitra sat patiently – almost like she was waiting for someone. The Jedi master sat behind a small desk, her eyes seemingly focused on the datapad before her. However, Valae’s mind wandered far from the screen. There were thoughts of her home on Tatooine, thoughts of her start with the Silver Jedi, and finally… thoughts of her progress. Jedi Master was still a role that she was getting used to, and she hoped that she would do the title justice.

Chestnut eyes flickered from the datapad to the door.

Just outside, she sensed a presence. It was a nervous flow of energy that waited on the other side of the door. Somehow, this reminded Valae very much of herself. There was quite a lot of uncertainty. A meek knock fell upon the door, followed by a rapping that was slightly louder, to make the presence known. Standing from her seat, Valae approached the door and gently pulled it open.

She greeted the young woman in the hallway with a smile. “Greetings,” Valae inclined her head. “Can I help you with somethin’?” Her friendly tone was laced with warmth.

Valae stepped to the side to allow her visitor into the room, and motioned towards a chair.

For a moment, she just observed the other woman. She looked a bit nervous, but there was a quiet determination within her that intrigued Valae.

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Stephanie Swail

The door opened, and there was Jedi Master Kitra. Glanced previously in long corridors, walking with an entourage, or in a refugee camp or hangar, she was the prominent face of the Silver Jedi. Stephanie hadn't seen Master Heavenshield since leaving for Bakura, and she hoped if he saw her again, he would forgive her for leaving.

She swallowed and lowered her head, even as Valae stepped back into the room to welcome her.

"Master Kitra, it's an honour. Sorry to disturb you at this hour."

Looking up, the room was waiting, and so she stepped in. It was light and airy but cozy at the same time. It was decorated with a few trinkets, some important looking artwork and literature. A clean, spacious place for a Master Jedi to work, rest and relax when needed. Stephanie walked in, hands by her side, and went for the chair.

"I...I have come to ask for guidance. I know few people here within these walls, but I want to change that. I want to be somebody. I want to achieve great things like those before me. I have heard your name many times, and seen you from afar. If...." she sat, "...if I could earn my place as a Jedi, then I will be forever in your debt."

Brushing her hair behind her ear, she found the courage to look across to Valae.

"Will you help me become a Jedi, as you are?"

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Valae smiled and gently waved away the young woman’s apology. As the door shut behind them, she moved back towards the desk. Before taking a seat once more, she pulled an extra tea cup from a shelf and set it down before Stephanie. Placing her hand on the side of her teapot, she could still feel the warmth radiating from within. She guessed that there was just enough for both of them to enjoy a cup, and poured some of the amber liquid into the waiting mugs.

Taking a seat, she listened as Stephanie began her meek explanation.

She matched Stephanie’s gaze, her chestnut eyes softened. For a moment, she sat in silence, merely taking in the young padawan’s aura. There was an abundance of light; it was pure and radiating quite strongly. She could also sense that there was a desire to improve and learn. Many apprentices were content to wait for a master to seek them out, but Stephanie had taken the initiative to ask. Valae knew that it must have taken a great deal of courage to do so.

“I would be glad to help,” Valae answered with a reassuring smile. “But first, why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself?”

Stephanie Swail

The peace and warmth and compassion radiated from Valae, and Stephanie found it hard not to smile back at her kind words, shifting slightly in her chair to get a little more comfortable. With a quick move to make sure her braided hair was in place and pushing her billowing sleeves back, the Padawan continued.

"Well, it's, erm...a little complicated."

A nervous laugh, and a glance to the side to think how to gloss over a troubled past.

"I come from the Republic. Well, a cell of the Republic Jedi to be exact. A group of Force users were selected to undergo certain...procedures to enhance their already natural strength and speed and dexterity. But the experiments were never completed. Out of 7, only 2 escaped when a Sith agent infiltrated us and burnt the facility down. I am one of those 2."

Stephanie didn't shy away her glance for pity, or sympathy. She spoke with a hint of pride in a matter-of-fact tone, willing to explore her past to prepare for her future. And if Valae asked, she would tell. But what would this mean for her future at all? Would she be deemed a risk? A volatile freak of nature?

She looked away for a second to clear her thoughts.

"I fled after that. I went to Midvinter to try create a new life, and I met a Jedi who brought me to Voss. But I was scared, and I didn't fit in, so I ran away. Far away. I explored a range of groups who wanted to do good, and I think it's safe to say my exploration brought me back here. To this place, and to you. I saw you before, with the refugees?"

After a beat, she Hapan broke the silence with a sigh.

"Do you think you can help me, Master Kitra, with all that baggage?"

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Valae leaned forward to listen, elbows propped up on the desktop and her hands clasped patiently. She nodded along as she made mental notes. Well, this certainly did seem a bit complicated. True, she had heard of such programs before, but had not met any of the subjects – at least, not to her knowledge.

Her brows lofted as Stephanie mentioned that she had fled to Midvinter.

Indeed it was a well-known world here in Silver space. Valae herself had been there to visit with her Master; it was quite a lovely place… even if it was a bit cold and wintery. And it seemed that Stephanie had been to Voss before as well. Though she remained silent for a moment, she could relate. Valae had left the Order for a short time as well, and had gone on her own quest to find good in the galaxy – fortunately, her travels had seen her back here as well.

Valae nodded, searching her memories briefly.

“Yes, I do quite a lot of work with refugees. I seem to recall that you were there on Bimmisaari, am I right?” She asked, smiling.

And then, her smile grew warmer. She let a gentle breath escape as she considered Stephanie’s question.

“Well, we all have a little baggage.” A soft chuckle was added to lighten the mood, “I’d be happy to help you. In fact, I’m looking to take on an apprentice.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom