Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Helping Hand

Gr2AmuH.png

Objective: Seek medical attention
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

div-orange.png

It was early midnight at the grand temple of Coruscant, a ghostly silence had fallen over its solemn halls on a day of such tragedy. The news was spreading like wildfire within the temple and the order itself of Master Kahlil, soon enough it had reached Silas's ears. Its pain was like getting stabbed in the heart multiple times and leaving it there for him to suffer. He was like a father figure to him, a man who he looked up to greatly in his life. Now he was gone, and the heavy guilt of not spending enough time with him filled him to the brim.

Eventually, the emotions going through him got too much.

Silas, who had one hand hidden up his sleeve walked through the corridors in the direction of the medical hall. His head was lowered and his body winced regularly from how long he had left the injury till now. It was only a few minutes ago that he caved into seeking medical help. He didn't want anyone to worry, esespeciallyaster Valery who was probably stressed enough.

Coming to a stop in the doorway he looked into the quiet area and nervously rubbed his arm "Hello? is there someone here I can speak to?" he said openly, the sound of his own voice echoing back at him just before gritting his teeth to mask more of the shooting pain.

Although the healing halls had gained a bit of extra manpower as of late, it didn't change the fact that hours were long and stressful. As new issues cropped up, the onus was often on Amani to shoulder the burden, and thus she regretfully found herself here far later at night than she would prefer. But the Chief Healer's duty was their own, and she would serve it to her fullest potential.

A potential which was, admittedly, running on fumes right about now. Things were quiet in the halls now, but being on-call was imperative all the same. Amani was leaning against the desk of the nurses station, dangerously close to dozing off on the makeshift pillow that was her hand. The white noise of a medical droid tending to menial tasks behind her unintentionally lulling the mirialan into a hypnagogic state. Even the sound of the entryway door sliding open added to it, and it wasn't until she heard the voice that Amani was startled back into wakefulness. "Eh…?" She blinked, then jolted up from the desk quick enough to make her a bit dizzy, "…Silas?" She squinted, confirming the figure at the door.

"Um- Yeah. Hey. What's… what's up? You okay?" Amani slowly walked around the station to meet him.

Gr2AmuH.png

div-orange.png

Across the hall, he didn't see a dozing Amani spring back to life from the desk. Silas hoped it wouldn't be her, considering Valery was a good friend. Either way, he had to get his hand treated one way or another. Shuffling over to the chief, he still kept his hand hidden away even though he was standing in front of the fellow Jedi "Uh... I... I've messed up my hand pretty badly" Silas finally admitted.

Looking around him, he made sure no one else was watching from a distance before hesitantly revealing the hand bit by bit. The injury was nasty, to say the least, three of his fingers were broken, while the rest of his hand looked heavily bruised from a brief encounter with the wall. Silas at the same time looked down in shame, one that was fueled by the fact he had given into his anger. Things just weren't getting better for him.

"Mkay. Can you… let me see it?" Amani asked in a soft, almost motherly tone. She stared curiously at the boy, even following his gaze behind them to find nobody else in the lobby. Silas' paranoia was noted, as was his relation with Valery. And Kahlil. The wound of the latter's death was still fresh in everyone's minds, and though work had kept the Chief Healer distracted enough as of late, she wondered how much longer that was going to last, especially now that he was here.

Eventually he pulled away at his sleeve, revealing a few fingers that were looking decidedly out of alignment, along with fresh bruising. Amani's lips parted slightly, and her brows angled up in worry; A stronger reaction withheld and subdued. "...Here, we've got a room open, come with me," She led Silas into one of the exam rooms, flicking on the lights which, at this hour, were painfully bright. Rather than lead him to the actual exam table, Amani plopped down to chairs in the middle of the room, facing one another, "Sit down and we'll take a look."

Once he did, she would join across from him, and gently lift up his arm without touching the hand itself, "What… happened, exactly?"

Gr2AmuH.png

div-orange.png

Silas did not see the look on Amani's face, but he could feel she was quite taken back by the injuries. He dared not meet her gaze as she directed him into the more private area of the exam rooms. It took a second for his eyes to adjust to the bright lights inside, considering he had been walking around in the dark corridors of the temple. When she asked him to sit down he nodded with a wince and did so.

The teen felt her hands lift up his arm slightly to get a better look, the pain shooting through his body once again. Silas once again muffled out a groan and finally looked up to the woman, unsure of how to answer her
"I-I injured it while training..." he said unconvincingly "I was just using the climbing ropes when my hands slipped, and I... well fell on it" Silas lied again, looking away from her face to avoid giving anything away.

"I was just being sloppy, and I paid the price for it."

Amani continued to study the hand as she listened, checking for indications of what had happened. Injury during training seemed reasonable enough, but as he lent more details to the story, she eventually looked up at him, with an undercurrent of skepticism now, "Uh huh…" She said flatly, not quite convinced.

After a few moments of silent study, Amani rested his arm down once more, and folded her hands in her lap, "Mkay… What really happened, Silas?" She asked again, still worried all the same, "I can't help you if you don't give me the full story here. Talk to me."

Gr2AmuH.png

div-orange.png
"I can't help you if you don't give me the full story here. Talk to me."
Silas's lies had fallen flat on their face like they usually did, he couldn't tell a lie even if he really tried. The room fell to silence for a few moments as Silas thought of some other way to get out of this, but all that was left was the honest truth. Nervously, he looked up to the chief healer and frowned "Master Kahlil died and I couldn't hold it in any longer" the said in immense shame just before looking down to the injured hand "In the end, I had to let it all out, and that was on whatever was in front of me at the time"

"Please... all I ask is that you don't tell Master Valery. She already has enough on her plate as it is"
Silas pleaded with the medic, his head looking down to the bruised mess and broken mess

Amani released a long, quiet sigh as Silas revealed the real reasoning behind his injury. She was afraid Kahlil’s death may very well have spurred it, but didn’t want to confront that idea until it reared its head.

The Chief Healer frowned deeply, blinking away her own emotions to focus on his. She’d been bottling it up for some time, looking for an outlet but unable to find one. Mainly, perhaps, because she’d yet to even get a chance to speak to Valery, meaning she couldn’t even reveal Silas’ secret if she wanted to, “I won’t.” Amani assured. On that they could both agree. It was something they could deal with without adding it to Valery’s concerns.

“...I’m sorry Silas. I’m so sorry,” She shook her head, “I know you and him were… close.” Kahlil had once been his master. She had first met Silas working on a mission with the two of them. It was clear he looked up to the man.

Gr2AmuH.png

div-orange.png

"Thank you..."

Silas's eyes watered as she spoke but he dared not cry. He had already done that enough since his passing, now it was a time to be strong for the rest around him. Using his uninjured hand, he wiped away a tear and winced badly from moving the wrong way. Looking up to the healer, he nodded once when she noted he looked up to him "Khalil was more than a teacher to me..." to him, the man was like a father figure.

"We.. we've got to be strong for Valery and the others who were close to him. I know he'd want that" he muttered, looking at his hand with a frown before looking back up to Amani.

"I shouldn't have done what I did with my hand, it was childish and immature of me to do such a thing..."

Last edited:
Amani nodded, resting a hand on Silas' shoulder with a squeeze, "You're right. Just don't be afraid to express your emotions if you need to. As Jedi we're supposed to be in control of them, but that doesn't mean letting them bottle up." In the long run, that would only make things worse. Sometimes, a bit of emotion was all one needed to keep going.

"Kahlil still lives on in people like you, and Valery, and everyone else who had the privilege of knowing him." She smiled sadly, "I know you'll do right by him." Hopefully his hand injury would be enough of a reminder to reign it in for the future, but she meant what she said about giving himself time to grieve. Letting the process flow was the only way to move on and grow.

"Let's see about getting this hand fixed up, huh?" Amani raised it gently again, and began to apply a soft healing aura. The sapphire on her necklace emanated faintly with the Force.

Gr2AmuH.png

div-orange.png

Feeling a hand fall on his shoulder, he seemed to be getting the comfort he needed compared to when he was alone in his room. No one was there to comfort or tell him everything was fine, eventually, his emotions just boiled over to the point of no control "I tried, I really did..." he said in a lowered tone "B-but the pain was too much for me" he said, looking down to the floor as Amani told him that Kahlil would live on inside him.

"I-I'll do my best for him, that's a promise," he said thoughtfully. from now, Silas was going to stop at nothing to make sure Kahlil's time with him was for nothing. There was a reason he was still alive right now, and that was because of his former master's teachings when he first started. At the same, he also gave his word to always be there for his family. Valery and Vera were the two people he loved most, and he'd be damned to see them die until they fulfilled a decent life.

"Please, I'm afraid it has been like this for quite a while," he said with clear pain in his voice as she placed a healing aura around the hand. Slowly but surely, the black bruises began to show skin color again, but the broken fingers were going to need more time "I feel for Vera... she won't be growing up without a father to look up to. Valery is the best mother you could have, but a mom without her partner is just saddening"

Silas knew too well about losing a parent, the only reassurance was that Valery was going to be by her side. He just hoped Vera would be able to cope...

"That pain means your connection was real," Amani nodded, "It won't make it feel better, but take solace in what you had with him. Still have," Silas' time with Kahlil wasn't for nothing. And it would always be a part of who he was.

"I know." She assured. Amani trusted Silas on the matter, and on his convictions. She just hoped he would find a way to keep living for himself as much as others. "Vera is strong, just like her mom. It won't be easy, but… They'll find a way to keep going." There was the faintest of uncertainties in her own claim. It was hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but if anyone could find it, she believed it was the Nobles.

"The bruising should go down now. The fractures are back in place, but the bones are still going to be fragile for a bit. I'm gonna splint your fingers together, and keep them that way for a week or two." The healer then set out to do just that, carefully binding them together, until they were nice and snug. "Try and ice it too, every now and then. Should keep swelling and pain down."

Gr2AmuH.png

div-orange.png

"I will... I'll make sure to continue his memory anyway I can," he said with a reassuring nod for himself, giving Amani a brief smile as a way of letting her know he was calming down. She knew the nobles probably better than anybody right now, considering she was one of Valery's closest friends. He was just happy people like her were helping them through this bleak time, they needed all the help they could get right now.

"The nobles are the strongest people I know. They'll get through, but they can't be left to go through this on their own. People like this will have to comfort them and help them move forward" he stated more calmly "Vera needs to know how brave and strong her father really was..."

Silas looked down at his hand which looked way better than before. The bruising was pretty much gone, but his fingers still needed some help to recover "Do what you need doc, I won't be complaining" it was Amani's life to fix people up after all, out of everyone in the temple she was the one to go to for anything medical related.

"Thanks, Amani... I needed this" he said respectfully to the woman with a slight bow. Looking back to her, his lips formed into a frown momentarily "We won't see another Jedi like him, will we?"

Last edited:
"That's what we're all here for," Amani offered Silas a faint, reassuring smile, before setting to work. They each could find strength in one another, so that even in dark moments like these, no one would have to truly be alone. It couldn't cure everything, but it was a start.

Which the padawan's injuries eventually healed up and splinted, there was little else to be done beyond giving it time. Much like the tragedy that had spurred this to begin with, "Of course." It was her job after all. But he was of course talking about more than the patch up. Technically, her expertise applied to this as well, though she never liked to view it in such a clinical lens, "Anytime."

To his question, the mirialan opened her mouth to speak, but could not find the right words. There was a beat of silence, and in that silence, Silas received his answer. Though it was not from Amani, and she would not hear it. Eventually, she just gave him another soft smile, and a response not too dissimilar, "…I like to think that we will." A gentle nod, "But there will certainly never be another Kahlil Noble." No individual soul could truly be replaced, but there would be others that could rise to the occasion like those that came before. To take what they started and make it into something even better.

A legacy.

Amani stood up and put away her things, giving the padawan another squeeze on his shoulder, "Anything else I can do for you, Silas?"

Gr2AmuH.png

Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

div-orange.png

Silas shyly smiled back at the medic and looked down to his splinted fingers. Most of the damage had been healed up by now, but his bones needed the time to get back in shape naturally. Thankfully it wasn't the hand that was broken, else he would of been in a whole heap of trouble when it came to healing. Fingers didn't take too long to heal, hands however were going to need a lengthy period.

Taking his time to slide him off the table, a felt a familiar presence close by followed by a calming voice. Kahlil must of been watching them all this time, and those words alone put a proud smile on his face
"I won't..." he said openly back to the ghost without looking anywhere in particular. It just proved he'd be with them no matter what, in ways that warmed his heart and put him at ease "Kahlil was one of a kind, but it doesn't mean we can do better for him"

After giving a brief nod that he was alright he began walking to the door with a sense of calm. He looked back to the medic and gave her a bow the best he could "May the force be with you, Amani. I'm sure we will meet again soon" he said respectfully to her before taking his leave out the room.

<<"I won't let you down, you have my word">>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom