Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Heat, Hidden in the Ice

Nodding my head, We would be off. With a flick of my wrist, the hatch on top opened up. Drawing out my tri-barreled pistol, I came up to stand on top and scan the area in the time that the Sith Lord would follow. While I could just feel with the force, I knew of creatures and beings that could hide from the force. So I used both my physical vision, and feeling my way around with the force prodding forces I could find to only see that they were animals far off in the distance. Seeing that no one was there, I dropped down from the top into the ground below. Crunching of snow, and ice under the boots and the bounding of my knees up to my chest as I landed.

In the wind that was starting to pick up, the cloak I wore, tattered and worn, blew in the wind and tried to lift me from where I stood. Waiting for the Sith Lord, I decided to speak loudly at first, "If you do not mind me asking, May we use telepathy?" I did not want to prod into the man's thoughts with my own if he did not want me to. I was not about to make a simple mistake because I thought it would be better. I assumed it would, and I could be wrong.

Nonetheless, I put away my pistol in the holster as I pulled out my wrist watch, showing me the time just after midday. And it was already getting dark. The White sky was slowly turning to a dull grey. Soon it would be black. And I didn't want to be stuck out in it when it was.

[member="Mordecai Zambrano"]

Mordecai carried nothing more than his lightsaber and a dagger specifically for alchemical purposes. The latter didn't expect to see much use considering they weren't in an environment that dictated its need, but it was always nice to have it around just in case. Still garbed in that old, black cloak and his matching tunic and trousers, the Sith Lord kept up a fairly fast pace in the knee-high snow. As for his gun-toting comrade, he was stocked full of weaponry and tattoos. His telepathy question was amusing.

"You can try," Mordecai scoffed, "My mind is a steel trap. Be it a friend or foe, tampering or communicating with my mind is impossible. I thank my genetics for that one." Indeed he did. Epicanthix were a very aggressive, warlike race of humanoids would sought prowess and recognition on any battlefield that greeted them.

It would be dark soon and the caves were just up ahead. Hopefully this boy could keep up.

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

A scoff about his mind not being able to... Oh right. He was an Epicthanix. Meaning he could not have any mind affecting force powers act against him directly. I rolled my eyes at myself and almost gave myself a facepalm. I need to keep that in mind next time. Nonetheless, I continued to walk on as he spoke. Nodding for a moment, I pointed to the sky without looking at it. "Well then lets not waste any time shall we?"

Moving forward, I was rather short compared to others, but I had a rather long stride. Able to move almost at the same pace as the well over six foot man, We were closing the distance between the cave and ourselves fairly quickly. I continued to walk on. Keeping my right hand on the grip of the tri-barreled pistol, ready to be drawn, but not in my hands so I would have to put it away, and take it back out every thirty seconds.

Continuing, I stepped down and fell up to knee deep in snow. I yelped out at the sudden change in elevation of a few inches, but gathered myself back up and continued on walking. THinking that maybe we should have brought snowshoes. Looking down at the snow, I could see that it looked more powdery than other parts. Meaning I needed to find the granular places to step on to get a better footing. Following this idea, I continued to walk on. Staying silent as in a minute or so, we would be at the mouth of the cave.

[member="Mordecai Zambrano"],

(OOC: Sorry man been a little busy.)

The cavern came upon the two much more quickly than expected. While the elder Sith had been wearing black combat boots, his comrade in slightly thinner clothing didn't seem to be having much luck within this terrain. Especially since he had nearly well fallen and flattened his ass on the ground. Mordecai had scoffed at his sporadic, clumsy movements but he didn't blame him. Had Mordecai lacked experience in this environment, he would have literally befallen the same fate.

"You ready?" The man asked, running a finger over the scar crossing his face. "Best to send a message to your loved ones lest you don't return." Mordecai flashed the man a smirk before tugging his cloak tighter to his form. Boy, it was cold. "Want to head in first or shall I?"

Either way was fine with him. However, if Nickolas went in first and died, it would give him a few seconds to bail.

@[member="Vincent Imura"]

I turned and looked to him as the words escaped his lips. Asking if I was ready. I didn't answer him until after his comment of sending a message to those I loved if I died. My voice coarce and clearly not wanting to talk about it, "I have no one left to love." My sister-in-law and I got into a fight over my brother Morna. I have not seen another girl in a long time because of work, and her refusal to answer my mesages anyways. I might have sent one if I really wanted, but I doubt it would be answered. I had no siblings, cousins, uncles, parents, hell not even a pet that I actually loved or really cared for.

I had no one. No one, but my apprentices that no longer decided to talk to me, and the few master who decided to allow me to work with them.

I continued on without answering any of the other questions, Pulling out my sword with a ring from the sheath as it was lost in the sound of the wind. The curved blade forged in the process of Sith Alchemy. The curved blade felt almost light in my left hand as I held it close to my leg. Looking inside the cave, I just simply walked in.

The beams supporting up the ceiling were sturdy enough to keep it up this long. but could it support the force of a dragon barreling down it, or being dragged alive? I really didn't want to test it. While it was cold out side, not much snow got in here. Meaning less moisture. The ice thinned to the hard ground as we walked in further, and the wood was dry towards the middle where it was barren and exposed to the wind. I didn't dare turn on a light. Or even use my lightsaber. It would ruin the limited night vision that a human could have, and it would expose me. I could deal with the darkness.

Could the Master behind me deal with it as much as I did? Considering he was almost living in the shadows before emerging suddenly, I thought he could, but there was always the posibility.

Ohoho. Now he had some feelings. Mordecai trailed the young man ever closer as he simply ignored most of his words and decided to move in first. It wasn't like he predicted anything would've happened the moment they stepped foot in some godforsaken cavern maze. The Force wouldn't abandon him or Nickolas in that instant and its failsafe warning system was something of a second nature to any who were attuned to its mysteries and etchings in realspace.

"It's best not to love, son." The Sith Lord's deep voice echoed through the caves as he stepped in. "Anything you cannot sacrifice makes you weak, makes you predictable."

Mordecai knew all too well what this young man was going through. You couldn't just be a forty year old man with ambitions larger than the galaxy without experiencing the simpler things in life. He'd had a family sometime before, though he never spoke of it and those who could remember such a thing were long gone.

"There," he said, jabbing a black gloved finger towards a trail, "Listen." Wind could be heard coming through the way they'd just came in and through the direction Mordecai pointed. "Wind flow. That means these things have another opening where they can really get out. Let's get 'em before they do such a thing."

[member="Vincent Imura"]

Best not to love?

I could see the man's reasoning as he brought it up. Not wanting to create leverage against yourself. It was a good idea. However with the life that I have been leading, and the reasons that I wanted to stay with Her, I would not leave her. I only hoped that he didn't know that becuase if he did, he would prove his point to me of not having leverage. Out of all the people to say those words, almost all of them say it in the pain of their past.

I stayed off the subject and silent even as he pointed out the wind that came from another entrance. Moving closer and closer, I could still not see any light ahead, Meaning we were still aways from the actual opening. I simply nodded my head and walked forward in a slightly faster pace. The sword slowly angling it's way away from my leg as though I was preparing for a fight, Considering I was in front, I would have to always be prepared for the jump scare of a fight.

Hence the sword, and I doubted that the Sith lord would really care if I die. Maybe he would be sadened by my death, but nothing more than what I have heard of in my past from other's of his kind. "Too bad, looks like another soul to feed death."

Of course Mordecai would care if he died. Not a whole lot, but just a little. He wasn't some hair-brained lord of soldiers and warriors just because he fancied the title. That wasn't the case at all. It took understanding the heart and soul to lead men and women into the fiery furnace of battle. Though he looked out for them, that was all he allowed himself to do. One couldn't simply leap into the carnage of warfare with nothing but best friends and expect to come out safe and sane with each one of them by your side.

It was always best to detach yourself.

"Do not fear." Mordecai softly said, moving into the larger cavern behind Nickolas. "Use it, feel it," he sniffed the air as his hand moved for his lightsaber, "Make those who oppose us fear."

The Sith Lord would plant a hand on the younger's shoulder, pulling him to a halt. "Wait." Mordecai tore his hand away and swiftly moved forward to the center of the rather oddly shaped circular cavern. It was massive. Crystals and sleek, jagged stalactites peppered the walls and ceiling like nothing he'd ever seen before. By now, his lightsaber was already in his hand. Mordecai shifted it forward, jutting his arm forward and mashing the activation stud. A snap-hiss of dark crimson light flashed into existence and its blood-red hue broke the silence as if it were glass.

Dozens of yellow eyes opened around the cavern. Something had been awakened.

[member="Vincent Imura"]

I never feared anyone. Nor anything. Time and time again I have proven that I do not fear anything. Not even death. I havae been in fights, Brawls, and a number of sticky situations. Considering how I had handled them, I think I am doing pretty well. I already knew of fear. I used it on a daily basis. of all the powers I wanted, it was to learn how to use Aura of Uneasiness. Not allowing anybody to come near me. Fearing of what I may do. I knew only enough to counter the fear of others, and from within myself, but not much more.

To do that, I didn't want to use some power becuase I thought it was cool, I wanted a power because I found uses for it. Fear can do many things. if that fear is powerful enough, then I could make people bend and contort to how I wanted them. I about yelled out at the Sith as he grabed my left shoulder, the one always filled with pain from my "demon" arm. but when he said wait, and ignited his lightsaber to see the yellow and orange florecence of eyes staring us down, I didn't mind his hand being there.

I pulled my sword up in a silent whisper. Standing out I moved my body to be at the man's back. Covering ourselves, I held the sword out much like a Samurai would. Two hands, loose. Feet spread out and in angles that were comfortable. Swaying the blade's edge back and forth to look at each of the eyes, I smiled. "Let's shed a little light on the subject." I let my left hand slowly go up and in a flash, a bright red and orange burning flare flew to the top of the cave ceiling. Illuminating the entire area.

And now I knew why no body leaves these caves alive. Surrounding us, were about a dozen dragons.

I should have expected that. Since the Gulag Plague, No one has hunted them. Allowing them to live in peace and to grow in numbers, as well, this time allowed for the species of reptilians to grow smarter in their tactics. Using numbers to an advantage instead of fighting by themselves. I smiled brightly, "50/50? you deal with the claws and I deal with the fire." Fire was my specialty, so it should be easy for me. My left hand still had not moved when I reached for my Striker pistol. Drawing it out, I aimed it at the one to my left, while the sword was being held with one hand to the right, waiting for the climax of the fight to begin.

Indeed these were smart creatures. Very intelligent when compared to most other semi-sentient species. That fact in itself was one of the primary reasons Mordecai was here in the first place. That mere tidbit of information gave him all he needed. Whether it was sentient or the lesser variant of its kind, it was possible to break them and remold. Any being could have that chanced upon them. If you had a will, it could be shattered.

That was his intent. "Fire, huh?" Mordecai grinned, his teeth taking upon a blood-red shade from his blade. "Didn't your mom tell you not to play with matches?" A little joke never hurt anyone. Especially not those who were about to die. He was nervous too. You couldn't be a soldier for your entire life and tell everyone you weren't afraid when battle came around. This man's hands would always remember the sword no matter what he did: love his wife or change his son's diaper. That blood on your hands was for eternity.

Mordecai walked through life knowing his God's judgement was with him.

His free hand rose to touch the scar running across his nose.

Never quit, never falter.

The dragons swarmed both of the Sith in an instant. Embers flared about their nostrils, their talons gleamed with imperialistic might, and their speed was unmatched. If someone compared you to an Arkanian draco, you must've been the Flash.

"Stand your ground!" The future Dragon Lord snarled, throwing his free hand forward to alter the wings of a pair of the beasts, sending them crashing into each other with roars. The third that was coming for him opted for the indirect attack, zooming in close to spray him down with a literal fountain of magma and smog, something that his comrade would have to cover.

He didn't feel like coming home golden-brown today.

[member="Vincent Imura"]

Oh crap in a basket.

With all of them swarming around us all at once, Both Mordecai and myself would have to fight them as they come. Most of this fight would just be reacting to them, rather than actually fighting them. There was way too many that were coming with mouths a-roaring and wanting to take bites out of us. My pistol came up as the first one came a little faster than the rest. He recieved a little splinter of a shot from the pistol in the mouth. The SmartTranq would take a minute, but he backed off to try and get it out of his throat.

Brethern rushed forward, a claw came my way which was no way for me to actually block it, other than using a force push on the hand, and hearing the click sounds of a fire coming towards us, I dropped my pistol as my arm came out form the underside of the Epicanthix, And with a side step, caused both of us to move in a little circle. Trading spots so he had to deal with the other two who were once after me, while I wouldnow deal with the fire.

My Brother Morna was known for using his sword when it was on fire. And so to continue that tradition, I let my sword come in front of me, and using some easy manipulation of Pyrokineis, swirled the flames around the sword, instead of ingulfing us in flames. Dragons now surprised that the fires did nothing, were soon given a taste of their own meds as I used my fiery sword to lash out at the one nearest. Literally taking a step forward and slamming the curved blade down on it's head, it didn't cut through the scales, but bat it's head down into the ground.

What was nice, is that I also knew Geomancy. Or the manipulation of the ground. As it's head was there, a pular of rock rose from the ground and slammed its head again, only against the ceiling, pinning the dragons head. And keeping it out of the fight. Already, that was too much use of powers, I had to make sure I kept a small amount in reserves of my abilites so f I had to use Plan B I could. "Stand in the same place and you will die."

Punny right? I mean he said to stand my ground, and.... oh forget it.

From what it seemed, the two Sith were making quite the stand against a dozen of these lightning fast, fire breathing tanks that flew. Their scales were hard and it would take more than a few hits with his saber to crack through that slab of protection. Altering their wings with telekinesis and Nick's usage of Pyrokinesis worked wonders, though. Mordecai's own crimson blade flashed a bloody hue in conjunction with the flames of fury that spewed from the knight's sword.

The dragons just kept coming. The trio that had assaulted them first now moaned in pain, licking their wounds with a new fire in their hearts. Several others flapped in the air while even more remained prowling on the rocky crags that peppered the walls and ceiling. For now, the two had a brief moment of peace and quiet before the next wave came.

"Which one do you like?"

The Sith Lord cocked a sly grin Nick's way.

[member="Vincent Imura"]

Panting rather hard, The combination of having to use Fire, and Earth Shaping, as well as a sword, and keeping track of not just the fire aimed at me, but at the Sith Lord as well, it can get rather tiresome. In the lapse of the fighting, we were taking deep breaths. Trying to restore some oxygen to our systems as the Dragons around us were trying to find our weak point. In the silence, the Sith spoke asking which one I liked. Looking to a rather bright red one off to my right, I smiled as it hissed at me. Answering, the lord as requested,

"That one. He's got some spunk to him."

The katana sword held in both hands out ready for the fight to begin again.

"Fierce, and a little hot headed is how I like em."

I leaned over and looked at the many types of dragons in here. Smiling at each in turn.

"You?"

[member="Mordecai Zambrano"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom