Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Heat, Hidden in the Ice

Holy kark was it cold on this planet. I knew how to warm myself up, but at this rate, it was freezing my rear end off. The planet was cold and frozen. Ice that looked almost like a cross between diamonds and crystals. It was only once I entered the city that I didn't have to deal with the cold temperatures. Walking towards the starport, I was to meet the Brother of Darth Vornskr. [member="Mordecai Zambrano"]. Really the only think I knew about him was that he was much like his brother, but calm.

Vornskr was known to have a rage about him. Getting mad and clearly angry if people went against him in any shape or form. His brother, who seemed to be non existent until now, was calm. I had asked around the Sith grounds about him before leaving to meet him here. I really didn't know what to expect.

None the less, I was dressed in my Wyvern gear, with the possibility of having to face these monstrous beast naturally, I wanted to be prepared for a fight. Hence why I brought my Striker Pistol, my Tri-barreled pistol, and as always, my lightsabers. I pulled on the glistaweb cloak to cover up some of my chin and mouth as well as my nose. My long hair hid some of my face. I was content with that. I didn't like people to look at me in the eyes. I always felt as though they were trying to see who I was, and what I had become over time. Once a young lad searching for a purpose, now I had found it. Because I did, I felt as though the Galaxy was out to get me for being a Sith. Just because I had a reason to live and fight.

I wanted to prove them all wrong. That a Sith can have the good of both worlds. Love, happiness, as well as tranquility and peace. Only, what sins would I commit to get there?

I already knew one would be committed today.

Beep beep.... beep beep.... beep beep.

My alarm was going off as it was the time I was supposed to be here. Standing not even a block away from the starport, I was to wait for the Sith Lord.

Mordecai was only calm because he got his way - and that's how things typically went in his daily life. If he desired for something, he merely took it, much like that Yuuzhan Vong vessel hovering in high orbit. It wasn't too hard to convince these creatures of the dark to submit to his bidding and it made him quite pleased to know that they saw the galaxy just as he did. It was partially a token of respect and also a gift to one of their closest allies within the One Sith.

Darth Thrakos had been shuttled down by his newly found friends, many of them boasting fearsome appearances with such assortments ranging from sharp fangs and eternal frowns. To be honest, Mordecai found himself enjoying the company of these like-minded individuals more every minute he was with them. They knew how to live - and how to conquer.

"We've landed." One of their harsh voices reported.

"Indeed we have.."

"Hmm?"

The Sith Lord glanced at the armored warrior. "Bring a cargo ship down. My creations shall need elbow room." A quick, knowing nod was given to the Sith Lord and he was out into the frosted wind with gusto. Adorned in a simple black tunic, black boots, and a thicker than average charcoal cloak, the temperature did little to him other than the loss of feeling about his cheeks and ears. As always, he was thankful for the growth of hair upon his chin and upper lip, silently uttering thanks to his regular barber.

A tug of the wind spurred him into motion for a figure he felt distinctly in the Force unlike the few inhabitants of this starport. It stood out because it was black, ominous, and full of hatred. Mordecai smiled.

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

It wasn't that hard to find which ship was the Sith Lords. I mean, the large biot ship that was visible even above the cold air looked foreign and strange in a place like this. I was half surprised the Protectorate didn't come down on us, however, as most of their forces were fighting with the ASA, patrols were not likely this far away from the warfront. As well, it was on the other side where the One Sith space was. Not so likely that you would find a rather powerful Sith Knight, as well as a Sith Lord out here in the cold.

As a few shuttles came down towards the surface, only one was clearly carrying the Sky Kaiser. I could feel him. Dark and filled with a happiness that only came from the Dark Side of the force. One feeling that I knew all too well. The Dark side was Addictive. And could turn any man to a rage filled beast. However, it was the powerful ones who could learn to control this rage and hatred. Already knowing which ship the man was in, I walked up and into the star port to greet him.

One thin that I knew, was that you always showed respect for those who have higher power. For one of two reasons, One) you actually respected them, and they have earned it from you, or two) it was just polite and you wanted to get on a rage filled god's good side. More over right now, it was a mix of both. to have the title of Darth, as well as being a Lord of the One Sith, you had to earn you way up there. Respect from me. As well, I have never met this man. I had a slight fear, more so distrust with him, and there for, showed him respect to keep my balls attached to myself.

Once entering, I watched as the shuttle made out of organic materials and creatures landed. The hatch, if you could call it that, opened up to reveal the Sith. I bowed my head down with one hand on my back and another on my stomach, "Welcome to Arkania my Lord." My voice unnaturally deep and dark for one my size, it sounded almost as though my voice had been crafted from the devil himself and put into my throat.

[member="Mordecai Zambrano"]

The visage of a young man assaulted Mordecai's eyes as he stepped out of the shaped shuttle. In an instant, the Sith Lord was already sizing up this piece of meat with a brain (he assumed) that had asked to tag along on one of his little excursions to acquire some more bestial forms of equipment for both himself and the One Sith as a whole. The more creatures he brought home; the more experiments he would be able to conduct in preparation for his soon-to-be empire.

Once those brief thoughts had zoomed through his head, the analysis of this man standing before him set in. So this was the apparent Demon of Kro Var? Mordecai had taken the time on the trip over here to do a little research to ensure that this man wasn't just some power-hungry fool who lacked enough brain cells to tell him how many sides a triangle had. Rather, he was quite content to find that he was ambitious, reckless, and was interested in learning about Sith Alchemy.

Mordecai didn't return the bow or even seem to notice it. Formalities were things of the past.

"Imura, I assume?" A cocked eyebrow towards the long-haired figure only lasted a second before he swept past him with a billow of his cloak. "Come with me, we have much to attend to."

Aaaaaannnnnd I was ignored.

Assuming I was Nickolas Imura, he walked past me and on towards where we were to be leaving. I stood up straight and followed him. Seeing a rather small number of vong pour out from the shuttle and assess the situation that was at hand. Making sure that the area was secure as the Lord just walked off. I rolled my eyes as he was past me. Following after him, "Yes I am Imura."

He was not a man to talk about stories with. There would be no sharing today. I stayed silent as the both of us exited the starport. The wind blew at both of our cloaks. His black and the standard look, mine red and ragged as though I had just come back from a battle with a clawed beast. Already being driven up the street was a Vornskr APC. The vehicle had two viewports on the side with mounted guns. Both were filled for our needs. As well as the back. With the climate that would be up towards the mountains were the abandoned mines are, we needed something to get us there first. In this kind of weather, a ship would do no good. A armored vehicle that weighed a few tons would be perfect. only four men were in it. One driving, two on the side view ports, and another on the remote dorsal pop-up turret.

The turret was currently down as the side hatch opened up as they pulled up, instantly recognizing that I was the one no longer in charge. "Come in my Lords. I fear the pass is not suitable for walking at this time of the year." I looked to the Sith, seeing if he was willing to accept the ride, or force us to walk.

I mean, it wasn't like I was going to argue with him. You would be a fool and a man with a death wish to do that.

I had a death wish, but I was no fool.

To be quite honest, Mordecai cared little for anyone in this galaxy other than himself. If this young Sith Knight was abashed at the ignoring of his otherwise respectful greeting, he would soon learn that Mordecai was the very definition of selfishness. If he had knowledge, he kept it; if he had power, he shared it with nobody. Sharing things and allowing closer connections with beings was what got you killed and you just lost a lifetime of strife and pain for absolutely nothing. Both allies and foes held high regards in his book. Foes more so because they were able to survive a single encounter with him to be recorded as such. He respected them.

As for this young man trailing him in scarlet, Mordecai had not yet classified him in either category. Most Sith fought for themselves and greed overcame them, much like himself, but Nickolas was also going out of his way to assist this particular Sith Lord in hopes that he might even gain some knowledge or benefit for himself. He seemed useful, probably intelligent too. An internal smile plastered across the younger Zambrano's soul.

The duo continued on their way without much regard to the cold. Often times Mordecai had only depended on the Force as protection and survival, but now an armored carrier had rolled up. Not literally of course since it had repulsorlifts, but the snow-mud beneath it seemed less than pleasing to walk through. One of the men offered a greeting and had even called him Lord. Well that was mighty peculiar. Even though he had arrived with Vong soldiers, the natives here had no idea who he was.

Catching a glance from the scarlet-cloaked Imura, Mordecai turned to the man. "We will take you up on that offer." A slight, quick probing of this man's mind held no bearing of results in intent. Perhaps he'd have to get inside and inspect the rest of the crew. With that, he leapt up onto the APC and entered from the top hatch.

Catching a glance from the Sith lord, his words were calm and smooth, but held an internal want and almost lust for power. Even I could feel his wanting to continue with this task of finding a very rare and sacred beast of the Arkanians. As for what we would be doing with them? Only he knew. As he entered the vehicle, it was rather large and built like a tank. Darker on the inside, with red and green lights every where, while the four men set to work on taking us towards the mountains.

I already knew that he could not trust me. I was considered a Rogue Sith within the empire that was forming of the One Sith. I closed down the hatch and locked it after entering and mentioned to the men inside, "Jack, Hemdal, Reylen, and Darek." Motioning to each of them in turn from driver, dorsal turret operator, and the two gunners, left followed by the right. All four of them looked to me, each nodding their head or throwing a salute towards the Lords direction. I had already told them that people who don't trust me, won't trust them.

"You may do what ever you feel is necessary to trust them, and myself before we leave." I pulled down the cloak away from my mouth and nose to show my face. rather sharp and having a left nostril piercing, and a right lower lip piercing, I let my arms drop to my sides. "If you can't trust me, then we can't work effectively together. To have a good team, we need trust and a good line of communication." Tapping on the temple of my head, "You should know that more than I do."

It was true. If we wanted to work together, and considering how he was of the family that no body could trust, even among themselves, then why should he trust a Sith Knight that barely had a name within the Sith, the Fringe, or the Bounty Hunter worlds? The best I was known for was the possible, but very unlikely televised fight between myself and a Jedi Master, and the name I took as a Demon with my left arm being fabricated out of Sith Alchemy and Magics. I needed him to trust me to some extent so he wouldn't kill me if I reached for a weapon, or hesitate if I would try and stab him in the back when we were after these beasts. Hesitation leads to doubt, doubt leads to getting hit, and of course, you get hit one to many times, you die.

and I was not wanting to be known as the man who could fight a Jedi master but die by a half-wit dragon.

The Zambrano brother entered the APC with little more than a gesture of acknowledgement towards the men who staffed it. They seem disciplined to say the least and their shifting focuses between the newcomer and their task at hand was also a very admirable trait. Sighing briefly, the Sith Lord tugged away folds of his cloak to spread out his cloth and dry it. Being both cold and damp was absolutely the most horrid condition ever created. He preferred temperate or just dry cold environments.

Mordecai turned to face Nickolas as he began to talk, the vehicle thrumming with motion as the crewmen set the thing into the highest gear possible in order to reach their destination. Looking at him bemusedly, the Sky Kaiser addressed the knight with a blank, neutral look of apparent active listening as he spoke of teamwork, trust, and communication. The latter he could deal with, maybe even the former but trust was entirely out of the question for him. Jango Fett was the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter and he trusted nobody - save for his son, Boba.

Mordecai nodded in speculation of Nickolas's words, "I see. What you say is both truthful and wise." Inside, he was just chuckling. What an amusing and wordy little lie. "I will trust what you say. For now." In actuality, he was lying for the sake of avoiding this discussion with a lesser. However he would soon test the waters of trust with this man if he proved himself to be worthy of such a thing. Gaining a closer ally with such insight was a valuable thing to have.

Yes we needed trust, but more so he needed to trust me, than I him. He was in this for himself. Very apparent by his attitude and the way he carried himself higher than others. I Hated others who did this. Yes, I didn't like it when a weakling was arguing with me, but I just dealt with it because I really didn't feel like killing every person I meet. If I did that, I would have been dead long time ago. For now, I had to be smart and tactful around this man. So his words of trusting me for now, I knew as a lie, or even partly a lie.

I didn't react to him in any form. Allowing him to take off his cloak that was wet and let it slump to the ground. We didn't have a dryer in here, so I couldn't do much about that. And I wouldn't have done anything anyways. Might shrink the damned thing if I put it in for too long. As well, I would not dare touch the man's stuff without his permission, Looking over the man's shoulder to Jack behind him I spoke up over the roaring of the engine. "High gear. I don't want us to be out here any longer than need be."

Jack didn't turn around, nor did he speak. All I heard was a higher wine of the engines as the vehicle began to gradually increase speed to prevent the both of us standing and the other three from falling over. I indicated one of the long benches with an open hand. "You may sit if you wish Darth Thrakos." I then moved up past him towards the front where I opened a cabinet. Inside were weapons needed for anything and everything. Strykers for vehicles, anti-air missiles, a few small arms, and inside was a sword by the name of Storm. Reaching in, I pulled it, and the sheath out.

I sat it down on the bench were and empty place was, and began to remove my cloak. only to be replaced once more after the straps for the back sheath were on my chest. Miners were told to sometimes still be digging deep within the cave systems. Trying to get even the smallest amount of diamonds or crystals that were left over when the Galactic Empire was still in power. if needed, I really didn't feel like exposing myself inside the caves with a loud slugthrower pistol, or waste my darts from the striker pistol. The idea of a lightsaber being used as well would expose all of me, and the Sith lord. The sword was reserved for the lone miners and the crazies that dwelled within. Not the Dragons.

No, I had something else for them.

Mordecai sat down as suggested by the younger Sith, taking a few moments to catch his bearings and inspect the rest of the crew more intensely. After a few long moments of analysis he came to the conclusion that they were fairly simple men, just doing their jobs as best as they could in order to please both him and Nickolas. Sitting there in an armored personnel carrier and being armed with nothing but his saber and a ceremonial blade did wonders for him. Surviving with minimal weaponry was something of an art to the former wanderer.

"Why do you require so many weapons?" Mordecai inquired as Imura leaned forward to begin filing through his armaments and whatnot. To him, bringing along an entire armory of assorted blades and guns didn't exactly appeal to his sense of doing something with your own two hands and maybe a sharp piece of metal. He had been taught to "make do" back at the academy. "Not all of them will need to be killed."

I turned around as the Sith Lord spoke. Giving him my attention. He asked why I needed to have so many weapons. My face spread into a smile. Closing up everything with a wave of my hand, I walked to sit across from the Sith, but not directly in front of him. I sat down with a clunk on my back. Looking up to the lord, I spoke a little bit of background about myself for an explanation, "If you read up on me, You know that I am a Shaper of Kro Var. Most notably we use primitive weapons like staves and swords as weapons. Hence Storm on my back. I carry this pistol here because I often fight force users be it Jedi, or rogue. They know how to combat Lightsabers, but harder to be trained in a primitive weapon that hardly anyone uses, let alone one that uses three shots at once."

My face cleared and I pulled out a Bounty Card, a sponsorship from The Beast Hunters Guild. "I hunt animals and people alike. So I need something that won't kill, or harm the target. hence the pistol on my left thigh. It fires a flechete round with SmartTranq. Since you want live specimens to possibly breed, you need something alive. Not dead. I don't use my lightsabers often because I trust my sword more than the Saber. Too many complicated parts. and if dropped in water. Fizzle." It was all thought out. Already planned. Sword? A trusted weapon, Slugthrower? Used it all the time, why would I not have it? Second pistol? He needed LIVE capture. not bodies. Lightsabers? I am a Sith. What else do you expect. Sure I could have just carried my single bladed one. However, I didn't want to expose myself as a Darksider all too much because my "Knight" Sithsaber had a small nexus around it when activated. Even non force users could feel a sudden chill on their spines should I use it. He must of been glad I wasn't carrying my F-10 scattershot or my LL-IWS CQB.

Reaching onto my belt, I pulled out the double bladed lightsaber, simple and worn after years of use, and I tossed it over to the side. Sliding down the bench to Darek. He scooped it up, and clipped it to his own belt. "If you feel that I carry too much for the task at hand, then I can remove some tools. However, I carry what I feel comfortable with because I am used to it." Seeing as how he was the Sith Lord here, and I would be "learning" under him. I might as well get used to his tactics and fighting style. Because if we both had dragons, like I hoped that it would end up to be from this instead of a payment in credits, then I would need to learn how to ride as well. "I hope that me carrying this amount of weapons would not make you judge me as a trigger happy Sith. I am not trying to send those types of messages to people. I carry weapons because they have a use to me. If they don't serve me a purpose, then why carry them? As well, it's much easier to perform one action, and be done, than go through seven with you beaten all to hell before you get it done."

I was smart. I did think out my tactics. I did have some kind of cognitive thought process. And I was not trying to show off. Showing off only gets you to one place. and that is a place I don't want to be.

To each his own, Mordecai assumed. He was never really a "soldier" type even though he spent the better part of his teenage years in a military academy. The courses and constant drilling and training only granted him both discipline, endurance, and military know-how. Of course he'd taken marksmanship courses and actually wasn't half bad, but he preferred to stick to his old Sith saber and the Force itself. Neither Naga Sadow or Exar Kun required tranquilizers or assault rifles and grenades launchers to capture their creatures.

The Force would suffice.

"I see," he murmured. "Perhaps our difference in skills and mindsets shall prove to be much more of a match in combat than if we were alike."

It was true. Not only did he say that to make him feel better but to entice the feelings that teamwork would be the factor that allowed them to reign victorious. Entirely, he still wasn't sure of Nickolas, but he would allow him the benefit of a doubt.

Different mind sets that clashed with one another meant different tactics that could be used. If there was only one thought process between the two of us, then we would always agree with one another. While we agreed, others may not. Hence why when people go into business, they don't go into business with friends who would rather accept you and your ideas, than shoot them down because they may hurt your feelings. The same applied here.

When in battle, many things could come from different people, hence why there tend to be a mix of people. In games that I used to play, you had a Healer, a DPS, a Tank, a Mage, and maybe a fifth guy that had the special rally powers or talents. Only here, it would be my militaristic tactics mixed with the force and lightsaber combat, with the Zambrano's Traditional arts of the force, Saber, and the sword on his form as well.

The Sith Lord accepted that. Knowing that it may be helpful to the mission at hand, however, I still didn't trust him. Likely, it was the same for him as well. There was still some time to go getting there. maybe a few minutes considering the speeds in which we were traveling. I couldn't see outside, so I could not tell. "I hope so."

It was possible that really I would just tag along and he would somehow do all of this by himself. Or it could be the opposite, where I do all the work so he can walk in and take the credit for capturing them. What I hoped was that I would work with him on this. Seeing as how there were some topics already we agreed on, I had some idea that we would be working together, but arguing was inevitable.

"What do you plan to do with these creatures m'Lord?" I might as well ask since the question had been on my mind the entire time. As well, this could count towards my work with the Beast Hunters Guild. Getting me some points for capturing a beast that I want for my use as a Sith, as well as a Bounty Hunter. Only problem I had was if and when I got the beast under my control, Where would I keep the damn thing?

Finally, now we were getting somewhere. Now this Sith Knight was asking questions of importance rather than just assuming everything Mordecai did was of divine right. Those kind of Sith that bowed humbly before their superiors and pleaded for knowledge and power were no better than garbage. They needed to bend the rules, bend life and everything in between. Innovative thinking was something that he, and many other Lords, looked for. While Nickolas possessed what appeared to be that, only time would tell if that assumption was correct.

"In the days of old, the dark lords of the Sith fielded monsters born of the alteration of life itself against their foes. None of those white-armored legions of fools and absolutely none of that conventional warfare nonsense." Mordecai blinked, a slash of yellow coating his emerald eyes. "Which would you rather face in combat, a legion of stormtroopers or a Leviathan?" He didn't wait for an answer, "The stormtroopers, I presume.

"To instill fear is something that bears more importance than achieving victory itself. Being feared will make us be remembered, and being remembered shall grant us eternal power and life."

He wanted Sith spawn. A dragon that was already fearsome and deadly to others already, would now be used as a tool of war for the One Sith. Either as a horde of beasts that under one controller could decimate a city leaving it in ashes from the fires that flew from their maws, or have riders, beings that worked one and the same with one another to create a force so powerful, it may take over the entire galaxy. And that is what I wanted.

First of all, I was a Sithspawn myself. Even while part of my body was staying as it were, the arm was still growing stronger and seemed to only make me darker and darker. Looks like I would be taking part in a second operation of the Sith Alchemy. Only I didn't know how far I would be working with the Sith Lord. Nodding my head to him, I agreed that having these dragons now be morphed into a monstrosity of their former selves, will bring a new card to the table for the Sith.

"Agreed. Now with these dragons, will they be used a familiars, or more so a horde of animals to let loose upon a world?" Another question. Seeing as how this man had the answers to most, if not all my questions, I might as well start by becoming interested in this. He was my superior, and he did have ideas that could bring about a new age, but I wanted to see where his head was at before I put all my cards on the table. Would he play smart and fold to keep himself in the game, or would he try to out bet everyone, even when he may lose? I needed to know more.

Judging by how this young knight responded to his little rant about the usefulness of Sithspawn and their ferocity, it seemed to have some affect in persuading him that they were useful. They truly were. If an entire flock of these dragons, combined with the might of the Sith, swooped into a city then it would be utterly decimated with not a single soul to remain alive and call it home. That was what Mordecai craved - the destructive power to crush his enemies in single, devastating blows that would allow them little time to maneuver or recover.

"I was actually planning on calling only one my own," the Lord began, prodding his still moist cloak, "The sky knows no bounds and neither shall I. Hordes are far too disorganized, anyways. A single, or maybe a few, skilled riders would be able to bring foes to their knees without even touching the ground."

He lifted the cloak up, seemingly somewhat more dry than it was earlier. "I'll be presuming you wish for a mount as well. It'll be a reward for your help."

The sky knows no bounds? Now that was a man who wanted everything he could get. And he would. Considering he now wanted a Dragon as a pet, he was clearly going to use it to his advantage. And now I was as well. Telling me that I would get one as a reward for helping him, I nodded my head down towards him in respect. "Thank you." I still kept my eyes on him as he pulled up his cloak. It was now somewhat dry. It was then that Hemdal spoke up, "Imura, We have reached our target." Nodding my head, I looked to him, "How far of walking distance is it from the here to the cave." Looking to him, he was looking out of his view port and took and estimate. "A little less than a kilometer sir."

Nodding my head once more, Changing my vision to the Sith Lord, "Shall we continue as ourselves, or with my men." This was his mission. If he wanted more people to come and help, I was willing to accept that. But if he wanted me to only prove my own and his own skills, then either was fine with me. It's not like we had to face a dozen of these dragons.

Crap, I may have just jinxed ourselves.

Now it seemed like he was getting somewhere and this knight had finally warmed up to him, if even just a little. Mordecai still didn't trust him in the slightest but at least he knew what kind of person he was - someone he could possibly trust in the future. He'd have to prove himself worthy, but just maybe he actually could earn it. Possibly within the coming few hours.

And with that thought in mind and the chatter between the crew, he rose and slipped his cloak back on. The Sith Lord gave Nickolas and his men an uninteresting gaze, pretty neutral on the topic at hand.

"It matters not to me. They are your men, therefore your call." Bringing them along absolutely wouldn't factor out Nick's chances of being trusted by Mordecai, he just typically didn't roll around with soldiers or the like.

My men, my call. I liked him now. He saw that they were my men, and respected that they work under me and not him. It always pissed me the kark off when another Sith Lord or anyone else for that matter, thought they could tell my men what they can and cant do. Nodding to him, I opened the hatch above the man's head with a wave of my hand. "Looks like we will be going alone then."

As much as I liked having men, making it easier for me to do my own job, I liked to do some things alone. One of them, was hunting. Be it beings that could use tools and weapons, or animals to be hunted for sport. I liked to do it alone. Challenging myself to become better each time.

EDIT as of 12/20/14,

[member="Mordecai Zambrano"], Sorry I am on a slight LOA I should be making a return. if you wish to continue we can.

The Sith Lord sent a nod towards his knight companion. He honestly seemed like a capable enough Sith to not need the assistance of mere mortal men. Sometimes even Gods needed their help, but today was not such a day. If all went as planned then Mordecai and his younger friend here would be on their merry way as soon as their business was finished with these oh-so fine reptile specimens.

"Let's head out." There was no room for hesitation or waiting. This Ecpicant warrior wanted this deed done and he wanted it done now. The sooner; the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom