Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Healthy Way to Start Your Day [Character Introduction]

"Ummm..." went Acaadi, taking a moment longer to react to the sudden appearance of the Jedi master. He wasnt used to the kaminoan floating around the room so quietly.

Acaadi slid his hand across the table for Amani to inspect but the Jedi master shook her head.

"Let's see how you are getting on seeing as this is your first class."

"Of course master," Acaadi replied. He closed his eyes and started to stretch out with his senses. He was interrupted almost immediately.

"You are concentrating too hard. This is not an art to be forced. Another body is not to be controlled with the Force or overcome. You must understand the order of things before you try and change them, or heal them. At the least you will continue to wonder why you are failing, in th worse case your frustration could lead to you hurting Amani. Do you understand?"

"I think so master, I'll try."

She floated away before she could even watch Acaadi's next effort.

"She couldn't have worked that all out in three seconds could she?" he asked Amani.

Acaadi Acaadi

Amani gave an exaggerated shrug, "She's..."

She paused to make sure the master was out of earshot, just to be sure.

"She's interesting, to say the least. A bit of an eccentric, but she's a real genius when it comes to this stuff. It wouldn't surprise me."

There was a sense of admiration in her voice. Amani held a strong regard for all of the Jedi masters, and Master Gylenni was no different. Having grown up her whole life with a sense of reverence for the Jedi Order, it was no surprise that she saw them as personal heroes of hers.

Even still, Amani was eager to move on, "So, did you wanna try again? Or maybe I should try again?" She leaned back a bit and stretched; Sitting in the same spot for so long was stiffening her muscles. "How much longer is this class, even? I've totally lost track of time." The question was more for the purpose of making conversation, she didn't entirely expect the new guy in the class to know.

Amani gazed up and blew her hair out of her face. This whole day had been a blur, and so many things were already racing through her mind that she was ready to take it easy.

"I'd best give it one more try," he mused. "I suspect that rather than immediately knowing what I was doing she was already aware of what I was doing wrong by watching from over there.

"It must be near the end of the lesson," Acaadi said as he held out his hand again. There was no clock in sight. Their teacher was known for keeping clocks out of the room and had banned datapads. How she knew when to call time was a mystery.

Acaadi gave it one more attempt. Whilst he achieved no more success than before reaching the same level of detail came far more quickly by not trying to force matters. He was mentally exhausted and also keen to go as soon as they were allowed out.

"You want to go to the one inside Silver Rest or the one in the trees?" he asked when they were finally dismissed. "I'm free the rest of the day now so I don't mind."

There was a perfectly nice one inside Silver Rest itself, but on the outskirts was one built in a more traditional wookie still as a platform that circled the trunk of a tree. It was a more pleasant view, but involved a short walk.

Acaadi Acaadi

"Ooooh. I've always been more partial to the one over in the trees. Just something about the natural ambiance."

Amani hadn't been over to that one in some time as is. As she got older, that meant more classes, and more classes meant less time for other things. Any caf run she tried to make needed to be quick, but at least for now things were slowing down, and she had a chance at a less rushed experience. She'd nearly forgotten it existed until Acaadi mentioned it.

"Unless, I mean, if you prefer the one in the Silver Rest that's totally fine, too. We can go there instead if you'd rather," Amani blurted out. Perhaps trying a bit too hard to be cordial, for whatever reason. Even she wouldn't be able to explain why she felt the need to be so amenable all the time. It was just her nature.

"Oh good," Acaadi replied. "I was just...well I thought that one would be nicer but didn't want to say first in case you had other things you wanted to get on with."

He gave an apologetic shrug for the excuse which sounded rather odd as he said it out loud. It had made more sense when the response had been inside his own head.

He led her away from the training halls and out into the afternoon sun. They were near the mountains here and a stiff breeze soon introduced itself to them both.

"You ever go to the really big forests? Any of the wookie towns?" he asked.

Acaadi Acaadi

Amani gave a little shiver as the breeze blew through. She stayed silent as they stepped outside began to move towards the trees, just observing her surroundings. It had been some time since she could stop and smell the roses, as it were. She was pulled back from her wandering thoughts when Acaadi spoke up.

"Not often, no. I think I went to one closer by when I was younger, but it's been a while."

As Amani spoke there was a look of deep thought on her face, like she was trying to recall everything she'd done to try and give a satisfying answer. She found herself wondering where all the time went. Focusing back in, she turned again towards Acaadi,

"What about you?"

"I have a few times," he said. "More recently. My best friend...well her mum owns an entire chain of nightclubs and she bought me a whole airspeeder for my birthday. Which is awesome because I can fly to other places, but also means I'm the defacto lift giver."

It was a sacrifice he was willing to make for the freedom. And for the very shiny, brand new airspeeder.

They were already close to the tree. It wasn't a magnificent giant like its cousins in the big forests. It was still large enough for them to have built a winding set of stairs around the trunk up to the caf shop.

Acaadi Acaadi

Amani's eyes widened listening to Acaadi's story. She wasn't sure if he was trying to show off or not, but nonetheless had newfound curiosity on the topic.

"Wow, sounds like you're pretty well connected then. That must be nice."

Amani had never really been familiar with exceptional wealth in her life. Her family lived modestly, on a farm far away from any large cities. Money was not something very relevant in her youth, and she still found herself surprised by what things people can or will buy with their varying amounts of credits.

"Well, I promise I won't start asking you for a ride everywhere I go. I imagine you get enough of that as is."

As they spiraled up the tree, Amani began to remember why she enjoyed this place. The nature here was extraordinary, and being so close to it only amplified the simultaneous senses of wonder and tranquility she felt.

"No that's alright, you can ask," Acaadi said with a shrug. He wondered whether he had done that deliberately, mentioning it so she might ask. He didn't think so, but sometimes he did catch himself looking for an excuse to show off the airspeeder.

The circular platform surrounded the tree, which was a few meters wide at their height. There was a bar up against the trunk and a clear roof over their heads, but the breeze could come right through. Fresh air and a nice view over the academy.

There was a counter against the trunk with a small queue. Most of the customers were jedi or staff from Silver Rest. It was run by a family of wookie. Nearly everyone was ordering some kind of caf, which was making him feel rather childish about going to order a blue milk.
"I don't really know that many people from our classes though. You fancy a slice of cake?" he asked.

"Alright, if you say so!" she said a little mischievously. She didn't actually intend on abusing the offer, but it was nice to have the option open, she supposed.

Amani took in the view for a moment, before quickly rejoining Acaadi in line. She looked around but didn't seem to recognize anyone else here at the moment, something that was becoming increasingly noticeable to her the more places she went.

"Sure! Cake sounds pretty nice right about now."

Acaadi was predictable in taking a big slice of chocolate cake and a mug of blue milk back to his table. He chose the side offering a view of the mountain woods rather than Silver Rest itself.

"So have you been joining the lightsaber classes yet?" Acaadi asked. He took more than a mouthful onto his fork. Then, decidi g to be slightly more polite he ditched half of the piece.

Amani sat down and looked over the view once more. She nibbled at her piece, not really starving as breakfast still wasn't all too long ago, but it was too good not to eat anyways.

"A little, yeah. I went through pretty much all the basics when I was an initiate, but I've been holding off on a lot of the more in-depth training. Mostly standard Form III. That's where I plan on focusing anyway. What about you?" She pushed another bit of cake into her mouth, peeking over to see if Acaadi had any lightsabers of his own yet.

Acaadi didn't have his own real lightsaber, not yet. It was a sore point that so much of his training had been spent leaning the philosophy of the Force.

"I've been trying to learn some Makashi from one of the holocrons recently. There's only so much you can learn that way though."

He paused to take another politely sized piece of cake, keen not to just stuff his face in front of Amani when he wanted to make a good impression.

"Who else do you know from the padawan classes?" he asked.

Acaadi Acaadi

"Well, we could always try practicing together with the training sabers. I mean, if you want to. I'm no expert myself, but I think we're bound to learn at least a little something from hands-on training rather than just watching holos."

Amani was rather content in learning the intricacies of the Force over swordplay, she didn't have much of a fighter's spirit in her anyway. Still, it was a practical and important part of being a Jedi, and she recognized the importance in learning it. She had no lightsaber of her own yet, either.

"Uhhh..." she paused at Acaadi's question, her mouth half open as she prepared to take another bite of cake. She quickly scooped up a larger piece to stuff into her face, chewing slowly. She held up her index finger, requesting that he wait for her to finish the bite before she answers. Who did she know? Eventually she relinquished, if she took any longer it would seem rather odd.

"Well... I don't really know anyone. I mean, I do, but I don't really know anyone from my classes. Just... acquaintances at best, I suppose." It was a bit embarassing in her mind to admit it out loud, but her mousy nature had really started to show today. Well connected, Amani was not.

"Who do you know?" She rebounded the question to try and refocus the subject away from her.

"Erm, Kyra, Kat, Ura, Reggie, a few others," Acaadi explained. "Kyra's my best friend."

Acaadi wasn't an empath like his zeltron friend, but he was able to pick up on the fact that she wasn't comfortable with this line of questions. He decided to shift the conversation back to her earlier question.

"We could meet up for a bit of practise," he offered. They were all given plenty of free time to themselves around the lessons. They had more younglings around than the masters had time to spare.

"Or, you know, if you just want to meet here again. Get to know each other?" he suggested with a shrug as if her answer didn't matter. It did.

Acaadi Acaadi

Amani blankly nodded along. Probably should have figured she wouldn't recognize any of those by name right now. Though hearing his response to the previous question perked her up a bit.

"Sure! I mean, we could do both of those things, even. If you've got the time." Amani blushed more, pulling the neck of her robes up to her cheek and turning to face the view again to hide it. She'd hoped she wasn't sounding too desperate for amity, but it was reaching that point.

"That sounds... nice."

"Alright...Alright!" went Acaadi, as if he hadn't quite expected that answer. It seemed almost too good to be true to find a sweet mirialan girl who needed more people to get to know around the academy.

"Why don't we meet tomorrow morning between classes here again and them after classes at the end of the day for a bit of sparring?" he offered. He turned away himself, a smile permanently fixed to his face.

"Yeah, okay! That works for me."

Amani fell silent for a moment, when her eyes suddenly widened with recollection. She sprung up quickly, tidying herself up one last time.

"Well, I should probably head off! I just remembered I've got another class soon, and I still need to run back to my dorm beforehand." She got all flustered, not wanting to be late for another class compounding with the thoughts already swirling through her head. Amani already began to walk past him when she remembered her courtesy.

"It was... really cool to meet you, Acaadi. Thanks for the treat."

She moved towards the exit again before turning back to give another wave goodbye,

"See you tomorrow, then!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom