Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Healing Hand

TealSky.gif

TAG: Josiah Josiah

They had not been in this new place they called home for any commanding length of time, and already they had been assaulted. Enemies had descended upon them, and while they survived, it took its toll on the surviving numbers. After everything that had brought them here in the first place, an attack on their numbers so soon was demoralizing. Still, in the aftermath of it all Eenia had taken up an open faced tent of sorts and ushered in those who had sustained injuries. It was no different than what she had been doing before the attack really, though now she had more drive, more focus to do so.

It was exhausting work sometimes, but in this instance Nia really had no choice but to power through it. When she finished with her latest patient, she lifted an arm to wipe the sweat from her brow and took a seat if only for the moment. Her hands rested against her knees and she leaned into the support of her arms just to take some of the strain from her legs and feet. There was a notable ache in her back, but that she could contend with later on. For now, she took that moment for herself, made sure to drink heavily from a canteen that had been brought to her earlier on, and then with a sigh she slid back to her feet.

Once she was settled back onto her feet, Eenia took the time to tie the locks of her blond hair back so that it was both out of her face and off of her neck. The base of her neck was touched briefly, wiped clean with a cloth that she then slung over her shoulder, and then her gaze fell to the open face of the tent again. "Alright," she sighed out, and despite her tired state, her tone was still warm and welcoming. "Come on, whoever is next. Lets see what we have to work with."

glitz.png

The Jedi was fond of Healers.

There was none other to blame than the woman who had previously held his heart. She had blessed him with love, care, and a daughter before her disappearance. And, she had shown him just how selfless those who heal are. When battles and calamity befall anyone, those who mend are the first to respond. There are also the first to be forgotten. Whilst bones are broken, they are lauded as heros. But as soon as the last wound is stitched, they are rendered irrelevant. Who then cares for the healers? Who gives them a second thought?

In the wake of Naboo's cataclysm and the most recent assault on their settlement, Josiah gave them a thought.

Rations were few for the time being, but he mustered what he was able and set out across the tents. There were few talented in the arts of Force-centric healing. Fewer others who were trained in traditional medicine. It was fortunate that they still had medical droids available to fill the gaps. Thus, Josiah only had a few stops to make this evening. A canteen and a meal bar for each one. A moment of reprieve and genuine thanks before he departed.

He finally came upon the last of the tents in short order and stepped inside. "Good evening." he began, holding up the canteen and meal bar. "It's important that you keep up your strength, so I brought you something." He hadn't been kicked out of any tents so far.

Would this be the first?

TealSky.gif

The appearance of a second body into the tent while she was currently tending to another had at first made Eenia turn with the intent to shoo the newcomer away. However, the sight of him gave her pause and caused her brow to crease. He did not appear injured, though Nia of course knew looks could be deceiving, but more than that, he had come bearing gifts. For just a moment, the blonde's lips pursed, and then she sighed out a soft breath.

"Thank you," she spoke out, lifting her gaze from the offerings to this man's face instead. "I just drained the last of my canteen, and I don't believe I've stopped to eat yet today." she told him with a slight shake of her head.

Nia did not however immediately take the things from his hands. Instead she took the time to finish the healing she had been doing, mending the open wounds of the young woman who had been there first. Once done, the healer nodded to this girl, helped her to sit up, and then sent her on her way before finally taking a seat herself.

"Have the other healers been given rations?" she took the canteen from him graciously, but if someone else needed to eat? Eenia could go a bit longer without, so long as they kept giving her water.

glitz.png

The Jedi was patient.

He was interrupting, after all. It was fortunate that he was not immediately ejected from the tent as the healing was finalized. The woman in question was gracious - but obviously fatigued. A break would serve her well. Thus, he sat down upon a crate and waited for her to finish her work before speaking again. This way, he wouldn't disturb her efforts anymore than he already had.

Once complete, the young patient was released and the Healer spoke again. A question - seeking to know if her fellows had been taken care of. Such was the heart of those who cared for others. Even when she was offered a reprieve, she wanted to be sure that others were tended to first.

"It's high time you take a break." he began, offering her the rations once more. "I personally saw to the other healers. All have been given rations and a much needed reprieve."

He offered an earnest smile.

"Rest, please. You've more than earned it."

TealSky.gif

Persistence was not something that typically worked well on the blonde healer. While she was kind hearted more often than she was anything else, she was also incredibly stubborn. Not so much when it came to herself, but when it came to the wellbeing of others. Or at least, since she had more or less balanced herself back out from her downward spiral.

However in this particular case, this stranger had a point. The others had been taken care of, the other healers had been given what they needed, and Eenia had indeed put the work in the deserve a reprieve, even if only a short one. So with a soft, barely audible sigh, she reached out and took the offered rations from him.

"Thank you," She stated the praise with genuine gratitude and then once again seated herself. Carefully her gaze ventured back to him, and this time her brow tightened just a hair as she observed him. "I only just realized I hadn't even told you my name." she stated, "I'm Eenia, and I swear I'm not usually so detached from my manners."

glitz.png

VERUN FIELD HOSPITAL

The Jedi could relate.

It was hard to look upon the suffering of others and not care, especially when one had the means to help. If the young healer before him was anything like himself, then stopping was the last thing she wanted to do. She had the means to assist, which meant she had the responsibility. Such was the way of the Light - or at least, that is what Josiah believed. But, the amount of help one could offer would be affected by their strength.

If the Jedi went to battle exhausted, he would only perish. But rested, he might win the day. So too would it be for the young woman. After the patient departed, the healer did relent and seated herself comfortably. Josiah offered a small smile as she relaxed and regarded him with gratitude in his voice. "You're most welcome." he said, bowing his head slightly. "The people you've saved won't forget your efforts. Neither will I."

Ah, but who was he? That was the question of the hour. Josiah righted himself and extended his dominant hand in greeting. "Master Josiah Denko of the Knights Obsidian." he began. "Or should I say Medjai Order as we're going by these days."

"In any case, the pleasure is all mine Eenia. And given the circumstances, I think manners are the least of our concerns."

TealSky.gif

A soft hum vibrated up the blonde's throat after she took another drink from the canteen, and then amusement touched the lines of her face. "Manners are always a concern." she pointed out to him. "Its one of the few things that keeps people civilized, especially during times like these."

Eenia's gaze dipped then, to the rations she was given, and she sighed softly. She knew she needed to eat, but taking the time to stop and take care of herself had never been one of her strongest traits. Putting everyone else first had become ridiculously important since she found her way back from those really, really dark places she had fallen into. But, she also knew she wouldn't be able to help anyone if she passed out. And rather than become a burden herself, she didn't fuss and made herself eat.

"Medjai Order?" Nia's brow pulled down and tightened in the center as she mulled that around for a moment. "I apparently missed that memo. Though, considering the state of things right now, I'm not exactly upset that I'm only just now finding this out." If she had been this busy with just healing people, she could only imagine what the Knights - former Knights? - and others had been up to and trying to accomplish since they all go there.

glitz.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom