Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Grave for the Stars [Isaiah | GUIDE]

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"Well what do you wanna know?"

The shaggy explorer gave her a sly smirk, but then remembered she probably couldn't see from behind his helmet and made an awkward grimace knowing she wouldn't feel his sass in the expression.

"I'm an open book," he raised a finger as if to pause the conversation, "Mostly."

A brief smile touched her face, fleeting as a star in the viewport through hyperspace. Of course Isaiah would have his secrets and his coveted memories. Things he wouldn't want to share. Didn't they all?

"Your family," she said after a moment of thought, "I know about Judah and Makai, but you've never spoken about your mother or father. Or siblings? Tell me about them."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"Mum died when I was young, too young to remember her," he started counting on his hand, "Pops is locked up because they thought he killed her, sister's a lawyer, older brother Zeke is out there somewhere scamming someone else, aaaaannnnd," he was holding up four fingers now and seemed to be in deep thought.

"Oh right, Judy, but like you said, you already know about him." Now he was counting down the fingers.

"Zeke is the oldest, learned everything I know from him. How to fly, how to fight, how to...well," he cleared his throat and continued, "You probably wouldn't like him much. He's a lot rougher around the edges. Not as good looking either." He said that last part as a matter of fact with no hint of sarcasm.

"Neri is a lawyer now. We don't talk much. She kind of split from the family when she went to school. Got kind of stuffy, but she used to be just as grimy as Zeke and me when we were kids living with no parents."

"Pops is in prison on a prison ship. I visit every once in a while. So does Neri. Zeke doesn't so much I think." He pulled his father's finger and mother's finger at the same time. "We're not very rich people but everything we do is...lucrative you could say," he said with a chuckle. He was trying to keep his life as light as possible.

No need to break open the Water Park de Mags.

Despite the sad points of his family's background - a dead mother and an imprisoned father - Magda managed a small smile to learn about them. Somehow it made some sort of sense. Isaiah Dashiell with the perfect, loving, doting family background just wouldn't have fit. It was good to learn about the things that made him who he was.

Even if she had to avert her gaze at the mention of Zeke being a rougher, less-appealing version of himself. No comment.

"Are ... all of you ... wolf-people? What are they called again?"

It had taken quite some time for Magda to get over the fact that Izzy could change into a giant beastly hound. Regardless of her fear of dogs, the shock of witnessing it first hand on Mandalore hadn't helped. There had been an extended period of time where she avoided Izzy at all costs, but eventually that became somewhat unmanageable. She thought she was comfortable with the idea again, but Magda was fairly certain if he changed again she'd likely still be terrified.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
He couldn't help but laugh at the question.

"No...No, they are all very much human. I think they're called Gurgalnind...Or something. I never knew my birth parents or whatever planet they're from." He shrugged.

"Being able to shapeshift has come in handy many, many times though." He gave her a wink.

[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

"You're...adopted?"

Somehow finding this out now struck her very deeply, and not by any fault of Izzy's. Something that profound ... she should have known that about him already, right? With all the work he'd done to further the mission of GUIDE, all the time they'd spent working together. How had these conversations never come up before?

Had she completely lost touch of the human element of this entire project?

A tone signal sounded from the control module of Izzy's suit. Frowning, Magda blinked and took a slow breath, "Your oxygen is almost out - you should go. Thanks for coming to see me."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"Yeah, did I never-" Before he could come back with some witty remark the signal began bleeping at him from his wrist mounted control unit. Its blinking orange light illuminated his face with a sickening color, his frown visible with each blink.

"Yeah, any time Mags."

His suit squeaked as he stood slowly. He smiled behind the helmet and made his way to the door but paused before starting the short sequence to leave without contaminating what was essentially her cell.

"Talk again soon?"

It had been nice to have some company other than doctors and scientists and Atheema. Someone who was just here to see her ... just to see her. Not to stick needles in her or ask questions about her health and vitals. Mags felt the sting of grief rising again, pricking at her eyes with fresh tears.

Was she ever going to get better?

Was this her life now? How long could she sustain this on the meager funds remaining?

Not as long as she would need to, that was for certain.

She wanted Izzy to stay simply for the sake of his company and because, deep down, she liked spending time with him. A pinched smile that didn't reach her eyes looked back at him as he made to leave, a short nod following.

"I'd like that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom