Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Ghost's Return

The loss of his sight had done little to hinder Xevek when it came to his experiments with the Force. Indeed, if anything, the loss served to aid him as, whereas before he had had to split his attention between staring into the void of the Force and staring out at the physical world around, never able to constantly submerge himself within the vast ocean of the Force, no longer did he have to split his focus and now, with the physical world lost to him, he saw only the beauty of the Force.

This change in the view he looked out upon every day had brought with it a further, unexpected, benefit; a benefit that had directed Xevek to Tython. Being able to directly see the Force meant that he was able to directly see the vibrations choice inflicted upon the tapestry and the possible futures that might unfold further down the line.

Whilst he had rarely had any skill with precognition beyond more immediate and simple applications, now he could see further into what might come than he had ever been able to do so before. Coupled with that new perspective was knowledge on what his potential futures might be, hints as to what might come and, more to the point, possibilities that he might purposefully choose to enact and an admittedly unclear path to follow.

One such future he had observed lead him to Tython, converging his path within the Force with the path of another, one that he had no complaints about meeting again. What might lead her to the planet, he didn't know, but all he knew was that there was a very strong possibility she would arrive to meet with him.

As such, he had found his way to Tython and now sat in silent contemplation on a mountain looking down upon what was once a Temple but was now nothing more than crumbling ruins claimed once more by nature. Of course, with his blindness, he should not be able to know that, and he wouldn't if it weren't for the creature perched on his shoulder. Looking like a regular raven, the oddities to the creature only presented themselves when one drew closer. Deep crimson eyes glared out at the world with unusual levels of anger, embers and smoke danced around its pitch black features, the outer edges of the feathers themselves appearing to be hazy as if not fully present within the material world. Currently, Xevek was hijacking his Familiar's eyesight, peering down at the ruins and the items placed before him from over his shoulder.

Set on the ground in front him were the very same items that had been present for every meeting between him and the woman he expected to meet soon. Placed atop a stand, above a flickering flame, was a clay pot within which tea slowly heated as it approached the perfect temperature. To one side were two clay cups, still wet from recently being washed in preparation for the meeting. One cup had small sticks of vanilla laying in its base while the second had a few leaves of mint loosely packed in. It had become a tradition for them to have tea when they talked when he had still been Darth Lykos, before his death, and Xevek loathed to break that tradition even though he now went by a new name and had a new body.

Pausing in his preparations, Xevek tilted his head slightly as a Force Presence entered his range of vision, a Force Presence he knew well. If he was correct, it would only be ten minutes, at her current pace, for his guest to join him. Smirking softly, Xevek withdrew his connection to his Familiar, his sight reverting back to just the Force as, with a sharp cry, the Familiar took to the skies to circle in the air above him.

Hearing the sound of footfalls behind him, Xevek spoke without turning around. "How fascinating is this planet, Keoz? So sensitive to the Force that storms can be whipped into being from one second or the next. And yet, the perfect display of the blight that is the Light Side, the corruption that it causes to fester." Leaning forwards, Xevek began to pour the tea into the cups, practised movements meaning that he could execute everything perfectly even though he couldn't see. "It has been a time, no, Keoz? Answer me something, did you mourn me? Did you prefer me as the Force Ghost that you last saw me as? Do you hate that I live again? And, are you going to stand around and let your tea go cold?"

[member="Asha Hex"]

"It is a true manifestation of all I strive to be, Blaidd" she uttered in response, upon reaching the ruins of her vision.

Tython was a world with much significance to the redhead who entered the clearing, though she had only ever visited once before in her youth, it was the birthplace of her people, the Je'daii, and though they did not walk beneath its twin moons any longer it would never be far from their hearts. The girl who came to him now, following the fleeting impressions of the Force which had led her all the way from the far reaches of the Outer Rim, was not quite as she had once been.

Her brilliant emerald eyes had dulled to a murkier shade, faint scars lining her cheeks just beneath, and from her right ear down her neck a longer, more prominent scar could be seen. She winced when she stepped out of the shadow of the trees around her, her eyes closing to a barely opened state, though the pain was swiftly replaced by an innate serenity. Not the likes of which the Jedi sought to encapsulate, but one that came with complete and utter trust in the Force. With the knowledge that she was exactly where she was meant to be.

Cotan had not liked it one bit. This was her first venture away from him - excluding a trip to Aurum, to see her Apprentice - since her return to the Galaxy. She knew it would cause him no end of sleepless nights, and for that she felt sincerely apologetic, but some things simply had to be done. Answering this call, this message put out there by the Force, was a necessity. And whether he truly understood it or not, he had eventually relented.

The shawl which covered her head threatened to fall down with a sudden breeze, and one hand slowly lifted up to keep it in place.

"You are the first that I have had to mourn, Blaidd," she informed him, with all sincerity, for she had never faced loss prior to his demise, "And I am happy that the Force has permitted you to return. You would not be here without its will, so who am I to question it? I could not hate to see you once more, old friend."

Finally she stepped to his side, then around him and the bubbling teapot, where she finally found a seat. Though in truth she knelt more so than sat.

"Vanilla, and mint," she said, appreciatively, "But which is for who?"

[member="Xevek Rakama"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom