Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Gem of a Business Deal (Tegaea Alcori)

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"], @[member="Popo"]

As was agreed Siobhan was there on the space station, along with the shipment - gold, silver, saphires, rubies, diamonds, emerals, all in the agreed amount and neatly stored in containers. As the saying went diamonds were a woman's best friend. At heart Siobhan was a practical woman with little time for that, but it did give her ideas when it came to their upcoming anniversary.

Regardless she stood there still as a statue as she awaited the delegation from the Hutt. Bowing to the fact that officially at least she was no longer a soldier - or even a military commander as she had been in the past - she was dressed in a fine and professional looking black-coloured women's business suit, with pants instead of a skirt though since she still disliked them. Her unignited lightsabre dangled at her side and she carried a disruptor pistol, just in case. Face expressionless she briefly gazed across the assembled Firemane and Eldorai guards, several of the former being battle-hardened Omega Pyre veterans in full combat gear, a few of the latter Angelii, ridiculously beautiful but deadly female Eldorai force warriors whose ornate red armour might look more fitting for a parade, but belied the fact that they were expertly trained in using elemental powers. Of course, should a fight break out - something they would like to avoided - Siobhan was more than adept at meting out a smackdown.

She checked her chronometre, the delegation should soon be here. Despite herself Siobhan felt a stab of nervousness for a moment. Admittedly she was just supervising the exchange, but still. Unlike Tegaea she was a great deal less of a talker and more of a doer. Then she shook it off. The exchange should take place soon.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo was, admittedly, moderately happy today. The dealings of the past week or so had gone very well and he was one step closer to completing his project. That finished step was why he was here, touching down on Kaeshana.

The shuttle ramp descended an the Hutt made his way down. Aside from a few Mandalorian bodyguards, which he tended to prefer over other types of hired muscle, he was alone. This trip was a small one and Popo had felt that an entire retinue was unnecessary. He was here to pick up an order and pay for it, not to impress anyone.

Popo spotted a woman standing in a business suit and easily spotted the metal cylinder on her hip. He felt a bit of tension behind him as the hired Mandalorians saw the lightsaber as well. The Hutt had to give the woman credit. She had come prepared for anything and obviously knew a bit about how Hutts did business. Today though, Popo had no mind for betrayals. He may have use for Firemane Industries later. Their punctuality and eagerness to deliver was what the Hutt liked in those he dealt with. He had no desire to ruin a potentially profitable relationship before it had truly begun.

"Greetings," Popo said to the woman in Basic. "I believe you're expecting me?"

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

@[member="Popo"], @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan did know a few things about how Hutts did business. After all, she had experienced their idea of ruling while she lived on Nar Shaddaa as one of the dregs of society. Where as a Jedi she had periodically returned to the planet to butcher criminals. These days she was also quite adept at throwing heavy objects like ragdolls and tearing roofs down with her mind. Until recently destruction of that sort had been her primary activity. Not so long she had been the Protectorate's equivalent of a Moff - despite being the exact opposite of a professional Administrator - after conquering most of its territory. Back when the Protectorate had still been worth something and not a ridiculous joke.

However, though internally Siobhan had to remind herself of that, today she was here for business. "Yes. I take it you're Popo. Siobhan Kerrigan, Vice President of Firemane Industires. CEO Alcori sends her greetings and has charged me with supervising the exchange. We're pleased to do Business," she said a bit stiffly but firmly. "One tonne each of gold, silver and roughly a few hundred emeralds, sapphires, rubies and diamonds, as was agreed." The containers with the gems and minerals were in view though not handed over yet, the Firemane and Angelii guards keeping watch. "In exchange we receive eighty million credits. You have the payment with you?" she asked.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo simply nodded and gestured a pair of Mandalorians forward. The two carried a large chest between them and they set it down in front of Siobhan. At another gesture, one of the mercenaries unsealed the crate revealing the interior filled to the brim in credit coins and chips.

"That holds exactly forty million in credit chips and coins in various denominations. The rest should transferred electronically in a moment or two," at this Popo let a slightly pained look cross his features for a moment. "I would have placed the entire payment in physical credits to make the transaction easier, but unfortunately the bank disagreed. I hope this is satisfactory."

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

For a moment Siobhan felt rather suspicious as her usual paranoia kicked in, but then she nodded understandingly and looked conciliatory. After all, it was possible that the bank did not have sufficient hard currency. She made a gesture to one of the Firemane guards, who brought forth a PDA-like device with which he scanned the contents of the large chest. The scanning machine would verify the credits and show that they were not counterfeit and also had an integrated calculator that would enable it to discern whether it was really forty million, by among other things calculating the size of the chest and the credit chits and coins inside it.

This was accomplished quickly and the guard gave Siobhan a thumbs-up, handing her the device for inspection. The Hutt and his retinue would likewise get the chance to inspect the minerals and gems so that they could be certain they were not being double-crossed.

"I understand perfectly. Thank you. If you wait for a moment, I will check in with CEO Alcori," Siobhan spoke in what was probably her politest tone as she activated her earpiece, sending a message to her wife. "We have forty million in physical credits, the other half should be here electronically. Could you check the account?" Whatever this universe's equivalent of online banking was should do the trick.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Popo"]

Down on the surface of Kaeshana, Tegaea took the call and motioned for Anya to check if the funds had arrived. After a moment or two Anya nodded and give a thumbs up.
"It's all here, Siobhan. No problems?"

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"], @[member="Popo"]

"No, we're sealing the deal now," Siobhan spoke into her earpiece and closed the crate holding the credits, whereupon two Firemane guards picked up the large chest. At same time several crates containing the agreed upon amount of gold, silver, emeralds, sapphires, rubies and diamonds were deftly levitated by Siobhan through the air and gently set down in front of Popo and his Mandalorian guards. This one is not entirely sure how many crates would be required to contain all the gems and minerals, but suffice to say it was a lot and the number was sufficient.

A mental command opened the mechanism that held the locks, whereupon it would be revealed that the crates were filled to the brim, allowing their client to inspect their contents. "Your order with Firemane as agreed. Firemane is pleased to do business with you...and looks forward to a profitable relationship," she spoke. It seemed like the...proper, businesslike thing to say. She felt like she really needed a smoke. Probably more than own. Perhaps she should think rethink this whole thing about quitting!

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo didn't bother inspecting the crates and gestured for his hired guns to start loading the materials. It wasn't out of ignorance that he did so, but as an open gesture of trust. Were he to take the time and effort to inspect each crate like he usually did with deals he handled personally, the provider might take it as an insult that Popo didn't think they could produce quality goods. By bypassing that entirely, it showed that despite their new found relations as producer and buyer, the Hutt trusted the company to provide top notch goods for the cost he had paid.

"I am very pleased with both the timeliness of the order and I am quite sure that Firemane Industries supplies only the best," Popo stated politely as the crates were loaded into his shuttle. It would be a modest trip time between here and the Wheel, but it would be long enough that he could plan out more of what was to come. "Was there anything else that needed addressing?"

Well, that had went well. No double-crosses, no violence. It would be no exaggeration to say that this was a pretty unusual day in the life of Siobhan Kerrigan. However, they also had plenty of credits now! "Thank you. And no, nothing more, business is concluded. Firemane is pleased to do business and we look forward to do so again. Safe travelling back to...the Wheel," she stated in what was a polite tone for her, the guards having already picked up the heavy crate with the forty million credits.

Against all odds, occasionally there had been no ceiling dropping!

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
The Shell Hutt nodded once at the farewell.

"Goopta mo bossa," Popo said and followed his guards up into the shuttle.

Within moments, the ramp had raised and the shuttle airborne. Soon, he would return to his ship and back to the wheel. The gains from this business venture would soon be put to use and Popo knew things were now on a substantial roll...

*Goopta mo bossa - May your mind not evaporate (traditional Huttese farewell)

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Popo"]

To say that Tegaea was surprised and pleased when she learned that the meeting had gone down without a major incident…was an understatement.
However, it seemed like the Hutt had been true to his word. Miracles happened it seemed.

Still, with 80 million credits Firemane could push on to the next stage of its plans….

(Good thread everyone!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom