Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Gear Change

Liam Darkgear

You're Just Another Cannok
"Bloody 'ell! Can't ya use a softer-karking hell!"

Liam was in Rose's ship now, next to the workbench aboard the vehicle. His left arm was being prodded and poked with a hydrospanner, sending involuntary movements to his hand and fingers, which contorted into painful spasms. The Mandalorian was shirtless then, revealing many scars and an athletic body, in order to make his entire arm more accessible. The seasoned mercenary sat on the bench itself as the mechanic checked his cybernetic extremity, watching her closely as her beautiful face observed him back. A lot of flirting at the party, which he had stumbled into, led him here, and it was just his luck that this particular dame was skilled with machines and he had a robotic arm.

Who knows, his rotten luck could be turning around.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

Every Rose Has its Thorns
Rose let out a small chuckle at the rough Mando's reaction. Even the toughest souls out there get returned to whining babies when the hydrocutter had to get into the arm. This one was in decent condition but incredibly beat up, probably from a few battles and whatever other trouble [member="Liam Darkgear"] got himself into on a regular basis.

"No, not really, if you'd kept it in better condition I wouldn't have to do so much Liam. Relax, we're almost done here anyway, you MIGHT want to bite down on something."

She reaches in and connects the last of the nerve wires together, sending a shock up his nervous system as the receptors from the lower arm reconnect with his body. "All done now," Ruby exclaimed before closing up the arm and standing up. The mechanic stretches out and gazes down at the relentless flirt she met at the party, looking over all of his scars and muscles earned from a long list of struggles. Each one probably with their own story behind them.

Liam Darkgear

"Ow! Damn, that was hell."

The final shock went through his body, electrifying his nervous system as the robotic appendage reattached to his brain's response system. The hatch on his arm was closed and Darkgear flexed his left hand and forearm. It was good. Damn good. Everything worked as it should've.

Liam stretched up, moving his legs around as he stood. The Mandalorian flexed his upper body, a notable scar on his right pectoral area etched diagonally across his chest, highlighted amongst the other, smaller marks on his body.

"My arm's good as new now, sugar. Thanks for that."

Liam smiled and winked at Rose, flirting still, the classic scoundrel charm acting up in the handsome man.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

"Well, I'm glad to hear it feels better now at least, sorry for all of the pain."

Ruby looked over the rough Mando, glad that her work had come out the way she wanted it to, watching as you stretch, making sure it moves right. She looks along the scars on his body, wondering what could have caused all of those, especially the larger one. Then again life on the outer rim is a hard one. '

The mechanic breaks away her gaze, blushing slightly as the flirt winks at her, thinking he'll be mad about her looking over the scars.

"Sorry about that...I didn't mean to stare."

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Liam Darkgear

Darkgear smiled and laughed at the red flush in her cheeks.

"Nah, it's fine. I earned most a'these in Dxun, where I'm from. I would go out shirtless in the jungle and fight maalraas with a karkin' knife. Good times. I miss my vod there. If I get enough creds, I'll probably book a one-way trip back to the moon and stay there."

Darkgear went for his shirt, but hesitated. He could tell Rose liked looking at him. It was nice to be appreciated every now and then. Instead, he pointed out his largest scar, the one on his chest.

"I got this one from a zakkegg. It's horn went straight through my battle armor, but I managed to kill it anyway with my spear. That was the day I became a man. I can tell you more if ya want."

Those were good days. He motioned to the side of the workbench, where he was sitting before he stood.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

Ruby listens intently to the stories of his homeland as he goes over it wondering why someone would head off into a dangerous jungle unprotected. Eh, it must've just been some tradition there or something.

That must've been an interesting childhood, I wonder what it would've been like growing up like that...

"That sounds like some story Liam, you'll have to tell me more about Dxun, sounds like a fun world. Lets head to the lounge, that way we can talk and get comfortable. Are you hungry or thirsty?"

She leads him back to the lounge, and turns on the lights, sitting down on a two person couch and motioning for the rugged merc to join her.

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Liam Darkgear

Liam carried his shirt and leather jacket to the lounge in his arms, but didn't put them on. He was more comfortable shirtless. He took a seat next to Rose, laying his clothes on the table.

"Nah, I'm not hungry. Dxun's a moon, sugar. She orbits Onderon. They're so close, ya can ride a drexyl to and from each one."

With that, he put a scarred arm around her shoulders as he kept speaking, talking about his mother moon.

"She's all jungle. Dxun's got cannocks, maalraas, bomas, zakkeggs, lots of beasts. I grew up in there. It makes boys into men, and men into Mandalorians. My dad was a scout, charting out some of the hidden parts of the jungle. Even we don't know all the moon, and Mandos've been there since the Old Republic. My mum was a hard woman. Tough as beskar. She taught me how to fight with a knife. Everyone in the clan helped out raisin' us to fight, but she taught me a lot. Good woman. I wanna visit 'em before they croak.

The Mandalorian looked at Rose and smiled, grey eyes bright with curiosity.

"Anything else ya wanna know?"

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

Hmm, sounds like a pretty wild place, would be interesting to see some day. The wanderer was rather curious about what it would be like on such a world, having grown up on an ice world, completely different in nature to the one the Mando was used too. She didn't lean in but didn't pull away as his arm wraps around her as she looks up at him and gives him a light smile.

"Sounds like an interesting place, I grew up on an ice world myself so the concept of fighting for your life every day is a familiar concept. However, it was against a different force there than beasts and insects."

Hmm, I suppose I could take him back to visit his family if he wanted to...

"If you'd like, I could fly you back there, sounds like a nice vacation, I sure could use one."

Liam Darkgear

Liam cocked an eyebrow in incredulation. She wasn't serious, was she? Taking a rather flirtatious stranger to a strange jungle moon was something most wouldn't do. He looked into her eyes, though, and realized she wasn't lying or joking around.

"You're...you're serious, aren't ya? Well, I mean, damn...if ya want to, yeah, I'd appreciate that."

The Mandalorian was impressed by her generosity. Maybe there was a higher being looking out for him after all. Whatever compelled him to go to that party and get free booze also got him a ride to Dxun, and that ride was a beautiful woman whose very name was almost perfect.

Darkgear stood up and ran his hand through his hair. Wow. This was big. He wasn't expecting to visit his home for at least another 5 or so years. Now, all of a sudden, he was made.

This was great.

"When do we go?"

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

Rose smirked up at the surprised Mando, apparently behind all the rough talk and boasting he was just someone who missed home. He would probably think her reckless for taking a stranger to such a dangerous place all by her lonesome but she had secrets about who she was that he was still unaware.

"But of course, I've been running around planet to planet fighting off pirates and those damn Primeval cultists," her face crosses with disdain at the mention of Primeval, "for a while now. It will be nice to go somewhere just to go there. Its why I have this beauty, I apologize for the lack of rooms, I had to clear some of the extra ones out to make room for the rail and ion cannons' power generators."

A trip to a dangerous forest covered world full of beasts, not what most would consider a vacation, but Rose loved exploring new and different places. Seeing the galaxy was one of the main reasons she built this ship. Hopefully the Mando could make the trip entertaining and show her around the world.

"When would you like? It isn't that far of a flight from here and I don't have any plans. I'll leave that up to you."

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Liam Darkgear

Darkgear's jaw almost dropped. She was willing to leave right now? Karkin' hell.

"Um...I don't see a reason to wait around. You're...you're amazin', ya know? I haven't been home forever...thank ya."

The Mandalorian was so happy, he could've kissed her. He was gonna go home, see his family, maybe even hunt some beasts for sport. Basically, it was his idea of a vacation.

"I don't know what to say."

It was funny to see the experienced mercenary, still shirtless and all, dumbstruck by generosity. He hadn't experienced this kind of giving for quite a while. It was truly extraordinary.

"........"

The Mandalorian's silence said a lot.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

She let out a small chuckle as the normally loud and boisterous merc stood there speechless, motioning for him to sit back down.

Tapping the comms bead on her wristband, she speaks into it quickly, "X4, take us to Dxun, we're going on a quick vacation." Cutting off the communications with the droid and smiling as the engines of the Crescent start up, preparing to launch us through the atmosphere and on our way.

"You alright there? I've never seen a Mandalorian shut down so quickly before." Rose glances up at him, smiling coyly as her emerald green eyes meet his smokey greys.

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Liam Darkgear

"M'lady...I could kiss ya."

The Mando's awestruck expression quickly turned into a mischievous grin as he sat down next to Rose. Damn, this was the nicest any woman had ever treated him. His eyes looked at Ruby's, and he saw the coy smile on her face. He thought he knew what was going through her mind. Of course, he wasn't gonna make the first move. It's not that he was afraid of being rejected. Darkgear was a very confident man. No, it was that, for some reason, Liam felt oddly gentlemanly around her. It wouldn't be proper to him. It was strange, but it made sense in his mind.

So, instead of leaning in for a kiss, like he had done with so many other women before, the Mandalorian instead reached for his shirt and went to put it on in an attempt to hide his scars and clan tattoos. She wasn't a woman of the night or some other tramp. No, she was something more than that.

She had to be something special.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

"Oh could you now? You are a bold one Liam, you're lucky I like bold."

She looks over surprised as he puts on the shirt, covering up his scars and tatoos that she was sure he was trying to show off. Hm, maybe he is more than just some merc running around trying to get lucky, looks like I made the right choice with my offer. The crimsonette leans back against the couch, letting out a comfortable sigh and sliding slightly closer to the now relaxed man to her left. he seemed more... what was the word... relaxing, now that he didn't have to show off at the party.

"So, whats your favorite way of passing time on a flight Liam? I'd like to get to know you a bit, seeing as we're traveling together now." She smiles up at the man who she just agreed to take halfway across the galaxy so he could visit his family, why did i do that again? It MUST be the alcohol, yepp! definitely the alcohol, I'm never this nice to people i just met...

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Liam Darkgear

Liam shrugged, still grinning at the woman that was getting closer to him.

"Nothin', really. I mostly just clean my guns and sleep. Or drink 'till I see the stars in my room. Whichever one I could do without getting charged or arrested."

He put his arm around Rose again while his other arm reached to his leg and unholstered a blaster pistol. He held it out to the light for her to observe.

"This is a Mandalorian heavy pistol. She kicks like a ronto, but if ya know how to use her, she packs a punch."

He lay the gun on the table in front of them and turned his immediate attention to Rose.

"What about you, sugar?"

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

"Well, as you know, I'm a bit of an engineer, I can work on things that are already well known, but my favorite hobby is tinkering. I love improving and customizing things to suit my needs, like the Crescent here, out with the extra rooms, in with a bunch of weapons and stealth tech."

She relaxes and leans into the embrace as he wraps his arm around her. Looking at the pistol and its rugged but efficient design as if trying to distract herself, her cheeks assuming the light shade of pink from before. Why do I keep blushing? I can't really be...Focus Ruby Focus!

"Then there's Winters Fury, thats my most recent...success, although I kinda went overboard on it," the eager woman looks up at him smiling.

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Liam Darkgear

A questioning look was given to Ruby as she mentioned Winter's Fury.

"What's that?"

Darkgear relaxed as he felt Rose sink into his embrace and saw that same shade of pink flush on her cheeks as before. The Mandalorian chuckled quietly, amused at her reaction to his advances. How cute.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

Her eyes seem to light up in excitement a bit as she describes her new experimental weapon.

"Its just a weapon I made out of some beskar that I got from some people on Echoy'la. They were really grateful when me and an outlaw freighter from the outer rim helped free them from pirates. Thats a story for later though, its basically a shield that can turn into a weapon for me to use. Its blaster and saber resilient too thanks to the beskar."

And the fact that it has a lightblade too but don't tell him that yet, no need to freak the guy out that you're a force user...that always scares them off for some reason.

"Its a bit...oversized but I can swing it around just fine with some....assistance"

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Liam Darkgear

Liam envisioned the weapon in his mind. A shield that turned into a sword? Interesting. A bit outlandish for his tastes, but if it got the job done...

"You'll have to show me that later, maybe in Dxun. Tell me about yourself, eh? I wanna know a bit 'bout the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

The mercenary winked at that, being flirty again. Darkgear picked his blaster back up with his free arm and holstered it again while his other arm was still wrapped around Rose, pulling her in even closer into his embrace. The Mandalorian sighed and leaned his head back slightly, eyes closing in peace in anticipation of the story.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

Th..the most?! He's just trying to...but then he wouldn't have put his shirt back on... she lets out a slightly nervous chuckle as she gets pulled up against his, her body pressed against the mercs.

"I could do that, I'll definitely be bringing it with me if its as dangerous as you say," Ruby smiles up at the merc as she says that.

"Well, I grew up on the ice world of Hoth, My parents died when I was very young and a bounty hunter took me in, he never did tell me why. He trained me on how to build and repair weapons and ships, i guess that was where I got my affinity for tinkering. It was that, training, and practice on survival in the frozen wastelands, I still prefer frozen worlds to this day, I guess I'm just always homesick."

[member="Liam Darkgear"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom