Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Friend In Need

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler

f76513f03ea89936af803dd5917f2b57.jpg

Smuggler Outfit

When Sorr found out that Nal Hutta meant Glorious Jewel in Huttese, his lungs nearly fell off from his rib cage from laughing so hard. Either the Hutts have a great understanding of Irony or they truly believe that this wasteland was truly beautiful probably the latter given the Hutts' grotesque history. For a bunch of gangsters, the Hutts managed to worm their way (no pun intended) into the political sphere of every faction in the Galaxy history. From the Galactic Alliance, to the Mandalorians, and even the Sith Empire. The Hutts were always willing to do the dirty granted that said "ally" look the other way of their criminal enterprise. Even Sorr's father as disgusted as he was working with the Hutts had dealings with them. Sorr remembered meeting the Hutt as well Kloshi the Weak she was called. She was far from weak given how she was able to convince his father: A man not easily swindled a deal that could land him in a favorable position in Alderaanian politics in exchange for her large donation.

Sorr saw first-hand how much power the Hutts wielded and now he is working for them as a Smuggler. He knew the risks that came with living the dream as a Smuggler but Sorr didn't like the Hutts at all. The young Smuggler approached one of Nal Hutta's many palaces this one belonging to Gogor the Hutt. A Hutt whose criminality revolves around gun running and racketeering. Sorr did a couple of guns running missions for Gorgor nothing too major just a bunch of Galactic Alliance blaster rifles that were lost in manufacturing. Sorr only communicated through Gogor's men never seeing the Hutt personally not that he didn't want to. Yet Gogor sent him a Holomessage saying to come to his palace for a special mission. It was an unusual proposition, but Gogor offered triple the pay so Sorr immediately took his ship to Nal Hutta.

As he walked towards the entrance, Sorr could see two of the Gogor's men looting the corpse of what he assumed to be a rebel fighter. From what Sorr read, the Evocii while driven to near extinction still fought the Hutts utilizing guerilla tactics in hopes to fight for their home. It was a noble but futile cause, taking a deep breath, Sorr entered the large doors where he saw Gogor staring at him and at his left was young woman around Sorr's age being watched by two large soliders. "Your excellency," Sorr said. "You wanted to see me?"

Alora Kamari Alora Kamari

Alora Kamari

``` with delicacy
⠀⠀
7KuPFpS.png
Alora knew better than to say a word, but it took a great deal of strength to assert herself as a maniable slave. It's been a handful of months since she's been forced into this type of servitude, and it only took a handful of minutes for her to understand that she was alone in this situation. The other slaves, a mix of races with conflicting beauty, were individuals who'd found themselves between a rock and a hard place. She can not fault them for their flamboyant show of servitude or placid opinions on their situation. Surely, whatever situation brought them here, it could not be far from her own.

Naked toes curled against the cold floor, a sign of her rising anxiety. Gogor, much like his kind, disliked having to call upon lessers, so it was a shock that she was dragged out to join his audience. Alora knew she was considered a pet, something about how her master preferred to flaunt his so-called prestige and power, and she amplified that. Perhaps it was the way her emerald eyes glittered with flecks of gold, or maybe the subtle hint of freckles speckling the ridge of her nose. Or perhaps it was just Gogor's way of being an obnoxious pest.

Desperation was the person who had shackled her to the Hutt. The Hearthlands, the Bread Basket of Lastwall, is a savage land filled with beauty and opportunity if you're willing to work hard for the rest of your life. She had been born and raised with hard work instilled in her veins, so life was simple, challenging, and humble. Her mother had been a healer and herbologist and a kind face. Her passing hit their little village hard and Alora harder, leaving her to tend her mother's small garden alone and the rest of their small split of land. If only she had stayed home and suffered through the cold instead of wandering into society looking for help.

Now she's standing here, dressed as a dancer in common silks, before a person she's never seen. Curiosity made her evaluate the man openly while he spoke to the Hutt. Knowing better than to disrupt the meeting and not wanting to feel the guards' wrath, she stood obediently waiting for Gogor to call upon her - if he calls upon her.

Sorr Kortu

c3d85aad61eafa20159bd54dc651052c.jpg

Sorr tried to hide his wince for Gogor the Hutt but his face was having problems cooperating with his mind. The Hutt was ugly even by Hutt standards, his worm like body was covered in what appeared to be oil. His large tree trunk arms motioned for the young woman to stand by his side. Sorr had to fight every chivalric impulse to pry the woman from Gogor. "Sorr my buddy!" Gogor spoke in a huttse. "It's nice for us to meet face to face! Normally I wouldn't bother speaking to any old Smuggler but you displayed great talent! It's a hundred years since I've seen one complete the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs!"

"Umm thank you Gorgor," Sorr gave an awkward bow. Truth be told, the Kessel Run he performed with Brinna Dara Brinna Dara was due to dumb luck rather than skill but he didn't need to know that. "It's all in a days work, may I know why I'm here?"

"Alora!" Gorgor barked. "Dance!"

Sorr gulped. "Clearly the young woman is uncomfortable I don't think she's-"

"She is my slave and she will do as I say!" Gogor said. "She owes me a large debt!"

Sorr raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" He said looking at the woman sympathetically. "How much?"

Gogor chuckled. "More than what I pay you!"

"What if I decide to pay it off?" Sorr said. "But not through credits but by doing any job that you ask? After the job is done, she will be free from your...... services."

Gorgor looked at Alora who should be dancing. "Intriging....." He muttered.

Alora Kamari

``` with delicacy
⠀⠀
7KuPFpS.png
Sorr was not used to the girth and grandeur that is Gogor the Hutt. He's never had to listen to the creature go on and on about his importance, wealth, everything. The slaves and hired help have heard it all and have been around Gogor long enough that their repulsion is masked by their indifference. Anyone can play to the Hutts' pride when he does most of the talking and schmoozing. Alora has learned it's best to follow the flow and make silent movements.

When he motioned, she moved. She knows fighting will do nothing but annoy the creature, and she is in no mood to really test his boundaries. They've done that already, which is why she ended up with two guards watching her every move and annoyed that she's made their day slightly more tedious. They're lucky she understands limits, or else their day would be more than tedious.

When Sorr went to defend her honor, a delicate smile creased her once placid face. It has been some time since someone has actually mentioned her comfort. This stranger did so with a few fumbling words and without hesitation; most wouldn't even dare to say a thing either in fear of annoying the Hutt or because they wanted to watch her dance. Just this once, she danced honestly and without hesitation to show her appreciation. Dancing also kept her occupied; she didn't have to be part of the conversation. Eavesdropping was far more manageable this way.

She did trip over her feet when the conversation went towards her freedom. Pay off her debt? Such an act of kindness! One she knows will come with fine print attached. It has nothing to do with her trust in Sorr; he's shown he has a kind heart. Gogor knows how to twist a situation that benefits him, and she knows he'll find a way to make the offer a game.

And she'll play if she has to.

"That sounds like a risk," she said, pausing her dance. "Are you that willing to take it?"

Sorr Kortu

Sorr hated slavery and made sure to inform his clients that he and his crew does NOT smuggle slaves. When rescuing Vletti'azan'uosus Vletti'azan'uosus from being sold off to slavery Sorr and the crew made sure to free the rest of the slaves who were being held with her. They also made sure to leave the Galactic Alliance with a tip about the people hosting the event and those rich guys are now rotting in a cell for the rest of their lives. It was a shock to Sorr to see how many of his fellow Smugglers engaged slave trading. He thought that they were like Han Solo: Rogues with hearts of gold but sadly there were those who were just as ruthless as Gogor.

The young woman continued to dance it was an excited and elegant dance almost similar to Tiaza whenever she sang. Sorr couldn't tell if the young woman was putting on a Sabacc face or she was happy about something else. Hopefully she wasn't happy about being in chains. Gogor took out a pipe from his throne and began to light it placing a substance to which Sorr assumed it was deathsticks. "Sorr," Gogor said inhaling smoke. "Sorr my boy, you have a big heart for such a criminal."

Sorr gulped. "I guess it's my way of trying to balance out my karma." He said. "But what's one less dancer when you can get more? Besides whatever you can pay me, you can easily buy new slaves."

It hurt saying that, but Sorr knew the reality of the clients that he worked for. He just had to do what he can. "That is true," Gogor said exhaling a cloud of smoke towards the dancing Alora. "And like she says it is a risk."

"It's a risk I'm willing to take, I can pay her debts. If you free her."

Gogor frowned. "All right then," he responded taking the chain and yanking Alora close to him. "You've been a good employee for me so why not? I was getting bored of her anyway and I have more expensive debts from others."

Sorr smiled standing up straight. "What do you need me to do?" He said gazing at the woman.

"Simple," Gogor said taking out a holoprojector. "I'm seeking this artifact."

71rMfDJis7L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Sorr eyes raised looking at the green mask. "What is it?" He asked.

"It's a Dark Side artifact," Gogor said. "One that was forged by Shas Dovos and its imbuned by dark side magic. Retrieve this item and give it to me and consider the debt for the girl paid."

He looked down at Alora. "She will..... accompany you on the trip as well." Gogor said smiling. "I figure that she will bring you a lot of entertainment."

Alora Kamari

``` with delicacy
⠀⠀
7KuPFpS.png
She felt herself be a bit offended when Gogor mentioned his boredom towards her. He had played on her desperation, and while she is the fool for falling victim to his games, it was he who made her a slave. Giving him just about everything she could give, he says he's bored with her. It was an insult to her trying to survive being his slave, knowing well enough that if he had wanted to, he could have sold her to someone - something! - else. Being shown how disposable she is while having done demeaning things while in his care ruffled her feathers enough that her disdain showed on her delicate face.

Sorr's gaze was met with her green eyes ablaze with a healthy dollop of determination. How was she going to thank this kind person? Everything she once had to her name no longer exists, so riches are out of the question. She can give gratitude in waves, though she feels it's not enough to honestly say her thanks.

While trying to go through all her options, Gogor spoke on her behalf. "Excuse me?" She looked at him with disbelief, unable to trust him. "You want me to go with him?" An ultimatum was attached to this offer; she could nearly feel it. He may appear flippant in his request, but Alora knows deep down that there's some hidden game behind his decency. Still, a taste of freedom is better than no freedom - right? It's a dirty game the Hutt is playing, and she's close to folding her hand just to see the results.

"What's the catch?"

Alora believes in big hearts and kindness, so she won't let Sorr walk into this agreement blind. Bleeding hearts tend to bleed over everything; she doesn't need his demise staining her consciousness. Gogor won't let either leave this agreement without taking something for himself. Acquiring what he wants is a risk; adding her to the equation is exciting. No matter what, he expects Sorr to come back with the artifact. The Hutt could care less about whether she comes back or not, but if she's to come back, maybe that's something he doesn't expect.

Maybe she will surprise him.

"I'll go - no matter what."

Sorr Kortu

The woman seemed offended that Gogor said that he was bored with her. Sorr would've thought that the woman would be at least happy with the possibility of being free. Then again with the way the Hutt was belittling her, it was possible that the woman did everything the Hutt asked for and he still said it wasn't enough just to spite and mess with her. The thought of what the woman did for Gorgor caused Sorr's stomach to churn, he needed to get her out of Gogor's "services."

"Are you hard of hearing girl?" Gogor tugged the chain wrapped around the woman's neck. "You are coming with Sorr where you will provide entertainment to him."

"Hang on!" Sorr interjected. "I don't need someone to entertain me! I-"

"Are you denying my gift?!" Gogor said his voice in a low growl. "So you're saying that you won't pay her debt and that I should keep her as a slave for the rest of her life!"

"No! No! No!" Sorr frantically shook his head. "I mean I think she's a lovely gift! Thank you, your excellency, for giving me her as a token of your trust while pay off her debt!"

Gogor locked his small golden eyes at Sorr before spewed out smoke from his mouth. "The girl will wear her dancers clothing at all times." Gogor said. "And I forgot to tell the girl that her golden collar chain is filled with explosives. You fail me and she will get blown up sky high."

Sorr's heart was thumping so rapidly that it felt like it was about to burst from his chest. There was always catch with these Hutts and it's always a cruel catch. How can a species look AND act so vile? The worst part is, that they're the most active clients for Smugglers. Gogor pushed the woman towards Sorr to the point where she fell on her knees in front of the young man. Sorr knelt down getting close to her. "Are you okay?" Sorr whispered. "What's your name? I'm Sorr."

Alora Kamari

``` with delicacy
⠀⠀
7KuPFpS.png
Gogor can be an imposing figure when he wants to be; there's a kind of smothering about him that makes you feel on edge. When Sorr tried to defend his stance on her services, the Hutt quickly got his feathers ruffled. Alora would have given her own opinion on the whole thing, but his hold on the collar around her throat was enough to keep her silent. She also wanted to avoid stepping on Sorr's toes while he tried to navigate the Hutt's haughty mood.

When it was all said and done, she was now in the servitude of this kind champion. The fact her collar is a ticking bomb barely scratched the surface of her swelling feelings concerning her freedom. She tells herself there were ways to remove the collar without it exploding, knowing well enough that nothing is ever that easy. What Gogor had said about her wearing her dancer's outfit made her want to laugh - how high were his lofty expectations? She feels that Sorr would instead she not and she would be keen to agree with him. Though that is a conversation done away from Gogor's ears, for now there will be silent agreeance she'd follow his direction.

Pushed to her knees, the girl felt the hold on her chain and collar relax. It's been a while since she'd felt such relief; it almost made her want to cry with relief. It was still a heavy burden, but at least the Hutt was no longer attached to the other end of it.

"I'm Alora," she said softly. "It's nice to meet you, Sorr." Slowly, she got back to her feet. If he offered her help, she would gently decline it. In any other situation, she may have taken his help as she's not above it, but the mood in the room is still too precarious for her to be comfortable. Gogor likes to play games, and even though he has relinquished her chain, it's still too early to think he has nothing left up his sleeve.

"It looks like you and I are about to get close." It was her offering friendship.

Together, they will have to appease the Hutt to obtain her freedom and for him to get paid for acquiring the artifact. This would be a journey, something she hadn't pursued in a long time. Also, she is trusting Sorr, who can quickly become just as possessive and needy as the Hutt (if that's really possible). Alora could be putting herself in another situation, but she would instead take her chances with Sorr as he's already proved he is a far superior option compared to Gogor.

Sorr Kortu

Sorr was going to help Alora up, but she got to her feet rather quickly, she wasn't afraid of him which was a relief. She probably thought that Sorr might want her for himself which couldn't be further from the truth. "Yup," Sorr whispered to Alora his eyes gazing upon Gorgor who stuck his pipe in the corner of his wide and slimy mouth. "Nothing is ever straightforward with Hutts."

"Take good care of my prize," Gogor said. "Because when you mess up, I want her returned unharmed!"

"Thanks for having faith in me," Sorr thought. "Do you know the whereabouts of this ancient mask?" Sorr inquired placing his hands behind his back in attempt to calm his nerves.

"Unfortunately, I don't have anything concrete regarding its location," Gogor lamented taking puff of smoke. "But I know someone who might know about where the Mask is. His name is: Asseus Teheen owner of the Bantha Freighter a company which I am a generous investor in. He operates it in Ord Mantell. Go to his home located in the Scraplands and he should tell you all about it."

"That's in Alliance territory," the last thing Sorr wanted to do was to go back to Alliance space since his parents probably looking for him. He could just imagine the looks on their faces, when they see Sorr along with Alora in a slave dancer outfit. "Okay no problem we'll check it out."

"Be warned," Gogor said. "The planet has been ravished by a civil uprising. Rebel forces who are loyalists to the Empire have taken arms against the Alliance authority. Fighting has intensified in the Scraplands so I suggest you be cautious."

"Aww man," Sorr looked at Alora. "Don't worry, I'll protect you." he whispered, now things have just gotten worse.

"I've given you the proper clearance to land though," Gogor said. "Now go! And don't come back until I have the Mask in my hands!"

Sorr gave a bow before leaving the palace alongside Alora. He had enough of this planet already going feet first into a civil war would be paradise compared to the hellhole known as Nar Shaada.

Alora Kamari

``` with delicacy
⠀⠀
7KuPFpS.png
His prize, a title he's been calling her from time to time. She wondered whether it was a play on her background or because she hadn't come easily when captured. No other slaves were talked about so fondly, nor did Gogor treat them as kindly - as kindly as a Hutt can treat anything. It created a strained dynamic between her and the rest of the slaves in Gogor's service. She wondered their opinions about this slight change in Alora's freedom.

The conversation shifted to the mask, the main reason Gogor called upon Sorr. Unfortunately, Alora has never been willing enough to get to know about the Hutt's wants and needs. There are only a few slaves that were privy to that kind of stuff. However, those trusted few are incapacitated enough to be physically unable to share what they know.

Maybe she should be a little more thankful for being a prized possession, not a necessary one. She was more a decoration than a tool to the Hutt, something she didn't think she'd be grateful for.

Her attention was brought back to Gogor, who further explained the mood in the Scraplands. Gogor loved to exude his intelligence to anyone who could stomach his constant word vomit. It's helped Alora remain conscious about what's happening outside the Hutt's home. He never willingly told her anything about the outside world but never refrained from spreading news and updates when company was around. She was curious to know if he saw her as a lesser threat or thought it was a fun game to keep her in the loop, knowing there was nothing she could do.

She and Sorr were released to go. Alora didn't look back, not wanting the Hutt to get any ideas that she did not want to leave. The young woman also remained calm, following after Sorr at a casual speed and not a frantic rush she wanted to break into.

Sorr Kortu

Sorr could not wait to get out of there, quickly grabbing Alora's hand he practically dragged the young woman away from the despicable slug. Did all great Smugglers did work for the Hutt Cartel? Considering they were the most powerful and influential group of gangsters for tens of thousands of years, Sorr could come up with his conclusions. At least he managed to get one person out of grimy clutches of Gogor. "Dang," Sorr muttered to Alora as soon as they were out of ear shot from Gogor's palace. "Off on another mission I guess. Didn't expect collecting a Sith artifact to be part of my bingo card though."

Though Sorr revered the Jedi, he never liked the Sith. Based on files he sliced from Galactic Alliance battlenet back when he was High School, the Sith were genocidal maniacs bent on wiping out all life on every planet they land on. The Galactic Alliance may have skeletons in their closet, but the Sith had a mass grave in their backyard. "Whatever this Mask is though," Sorr said as they exited the palace and made a beeline towards the Spaceport. "It's nothing but trouble...... yet if it gets you off that chain and slave dancer outfit, then it's something I'm willing to take."

He just hoped that the Galaxy won't suffer because of this Mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom