Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Foot On The Path

82JiY9q.png

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene
Jin smiled contentedly as he further followed Master Tirin to another place. It was a spacious room with comfortable seating and the likes. It was fun to be somewhere new from time to time, they thought. It was funny to think for the next little while navigating the ship will seem like little adventures. The Catari took a seat and waited for Tirin to collect some things from a shelf.

Looking inside as it opened they could their eyes drew to to colourful and beautiful. He did not get a chance to appreciate all that was in the box immediately as Jin's eyes shifted up to look at Tirin's as he spoke. It was amusing kind of to see how he began to speak about braids in a simple explanation. Of course Jin had seen them styled differently but never gave it much thought. Still it was nice to hear options.

"Well, I don't know what would look best, so I am eager to try many kinds perhaps," Jin'lian said cheerfully while reaching to hold his tail around the front. "Longs as it looks cute with my summer side," his right ear flicked gesturing towards the shave side, "I wanna see it. Umm, my hair might be a bit knotted by now. Moving it around and my tail swishing at times makes keeping the length a bit of a chore."

j9tLrW8.png

Jin'lian Jin'lian

Tirin smiled gently, offering, "Why don't we start with something simple today? I'll show you how to do a basic three-strand braid, and we can tackle more complex styles later." He reached for his tools confidently. "I have a comb and some detangler here as well," he added, ensuring everything was prepared.

As he sorted through his supplies, Tirin's curiosity piqued. He looked at the young padawan and asked, "How old are you, little one?" His tone was warm, tinged with interest as he thought about which styles would be most suitable for a padawan's braid.

Jin nodded at the offer, "Okay," he warmly said sitting patiently. "I can't wait to see what it looks like." Hearing there was a detangler, Jin's ears flicked at the concept of such a brush. Somehow they felt silly to not consider such a thing and had struggled each morning. Certainly there where many things not just the force to learn.

Tirin, surprised Jin by his next question especially after the countless times he'd been warned not to ask that question. "I'm thirteen," Jin said smiling, "I was told it's rude to ask that question by the people in the temple." Partly turning to look over his shoulder, he looked at the man. "But since you asked me, how old are you master?"

j9tLrW8.png

Jin'lian Jin'lian
"Thank you. Knowing your age helps me decide if I need to give you a specific band," Tirin stated matter-of-factly as he carefully combed through the hair, using a detangler and a spray that emitted a sweet citrus scent.

"That makes sense in some cases," he continued, smoothing out a tangle. "Asking someone's age can be tricky, though. In a professional setting, it's often best avoided since it can seem discriminatory, especially if it influences decisions about hiring or promotions. Even in social settings or casual conversations, it can make people uncomfortable. Generally, if it's not directly relevant, it's better not to ask. Many cultures also view it as impolite, particularly when asking older individuals. It's usually safest to wait until someone offers that information if they deem it necessary or are comfortable sharing."

Tirin paused his work, meeting the eyes of his companion in the mirror. "It's generally acceptable, however, to ask the age of a child when the context requires it. For instance, knowing a child's age helps adults ensure they engage in age-appropriate activities, or it might be necessary to determine the kind of care or supervision they need. Teachers, caregivers, and healthcare professionals often need this information to perform their roles effectively. Still, like any personal question, it should be asked respectfully and for a clear reason."

"If it seems your early education missed imparting the finer points of etiquette, I'd be glad to help polish those skills,"
Tirin added with a slight smile. "It's imperative to be well-prepared, especially around dignitaries. Saying something inappropriate could lead to an awkward situation, possibly forcing me to take actions on their behalf, actions dictated by their culture. We wouldn't want that, would we?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom