Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Foolish Escape

(-Continuation from the end of Skye’s backstory
-First Order
-Guess that's about it)

Keep running
Don’t look back, just keep running.

These thoughts echoed in Skye’s head while she ran through the streets of Myaak, a vast city full with building which had been built high into the clouds. Skye had been running for 10 minutes without knowing where to go or where she was. Only when she entered a small and lonely alley she allowed herself to stop and catch her breath, she had been running for the past 15 minutes now. Heavily panting, she let herself slowly drop down on the ground to rest. While she scanned the alley, images of her own actions flashed in front of her eyes. It had only been about 20 minutes since Skye murdered those two guards from the First Order, twenty minutes since she escaped her ‘new mentor’.

Skye forced herself to calm down, which wasn't easy because she knew that the First Order would not take her escape lightly. If only this ‘mentor’ wouldn't pay too much attention to her escape. Maybe this person had other people who could become their apprentice, or slave.
No, that was foolish. Laying in that alley, Skye could clearly remember that heavy and deep voice from all those years ago in that cell.
Was that the-?

Skye’s thoughts stopped there as the sound of vehicles roaring through the sky could be heard in the distance. She quickly got back on her feet and slowly made her way to the end of the alley, which granted access to an open marketplace. All of a sudden the far end of the area got lit up by a light coming from the skies.
“Searchlights”, Skye whispered to herself. Did the FO really put in all of this effort for her? She didn't want to know. If she really was such a big deal to them, then there was no way she’d escape this city, let alone this planet.

She quickly turned around as she darted back into the alley before a deafening noise could be heard. When Skye looked up, she saw another ship pass. It wasn't an ordinary First Order ship, yet the surroundings ships which were FO didn't engage at all. Was this the transport of what was supposed to be her new mentor?
A shiver ran down the girl’s spine when she heard multiple footsteps coming from who knew where, and the amount of searchlights shining down on the city grew quickly.

Varas happened to be in the city on business for the Ren, just a simple data retrieval assignment based upon some of the information gleaned by the recent blockade of a vital Galactic Alliance trade route. The metal fingers on her matte cyberhand tapped upon a datapad, making the most satisfying clicking sound, despite the pain she felt from the new appendage today. After she downloaded what she needed onto a datachip, she dug into a small pouch on her holster and took out a small medical dispenser. Feth, she was out of nyex, which was probably good because her senses would be more alert, but the area still healing between her wrist and hand still itched like crazy.

A broadcast went over the comms: “All units on alert for a fugitive. Armed and dangerous. Last seen in the vicinity of the Blibb district. For the Order!”

When Varas exited it had just turned dusk, and she could see searchlights in the distance. Out of curiosity, the need to uphold the Ren doctrines and just some karking distraction from the pain, the brunette clone - a Disciple herself - sprinted quickly to the area where a rumbling ship could be heard overhead.

This was no ordinary fugitive, she thought, quickly picking up the Force signature. Not knowing the identity of the runaway, nor even her species or sex she telepathically sent the other a missive: “Why do you run? Surely this hunt for you must be some kind of mistake. A short discussion with me may prove to be all you need to plead your side of the story.”

She kept her husky voice calm, but inside the Ren seethed with rage, a sense of outrage over the deaths of the First Order soldiers and miserable soreness in her limb.

[member="Skye Achlys"]

Jim disliked the First Order. He was only here due to the need of his ship needing a desperate refueling. Myaak was the nearest city so Jim decided to land there refuel and get a drink. Once landing he told Easy to keep the ship running on a FO controlled planet he always ends up running into trouble. As Jim roamed the streets looking for a dive bar he noticed that the frequency of stormtrooper patrols had increased. A checkpoint up ahead questioned if he had encountered this woman. Jim wanted to spit on the guy’s helmet but instead of causing a scene he decided to just answer the question and get his drink eventually he found a good dive bar, appropriately named “The Deep-end”. Jim walked in and ordered a drink from the barkeep. Seconds afterwards he realized he hadn’t used the bathroom in a couple of hours. The bartender told him to use the ally way out back.

“Classy establishment.” Jim muttered to himself as he saw himself out. However much to Jim’s surprise, the allyway wasn’t empty a woman matching the FO’s description of the fugitive was out in the back. Jim kept the door open with a rock. Footfalls of soldiers thundered closer as First Order ships’ spotlights began creeping towards the girl.

“Hey! This way!” Jim yelled to who he assumed is the fugitive.

Delsin did know the First Order, as his father repaired a ship for them "The idiots threat him as they felt superior. I dont think they assume my dad would screw with the ship shields. That thing exploded when trying to pass the atmosphere" the though painted a smile on his face. But still, he needed to learn of technology. He couldnt just ask nicely or put a price. They First Order where a military factions with no friends, only people with a purpose of getting power. Once they have it all, Delsin asked what would they do then? He thought that if their leader died, everyone would start killing each other until they got the absolute power again...and so until they realize that it gets boring.

Delsin had stolen a commander suit, trying to get into the archives of the city. It wouldnt be that difficult, but he couldnt fail. It would mean death. Surely later he could make deals with the First Order, if they didnt found out his identity. Marching, he over heard something in the radio comm

Varas Kyrel said:
“All units on alert for a fugitive. Armed and dangerous. Last seen in the vicinity of the Blibb district. For the Order!”

This meant distraction, and the means to enter into the Archives and steal any information possible. Still he left some painted bomb cards along the way. With the bomb trigger in one hand, he took out a blaster pistol up (Standard of the First Order) and run. His ship was on the hangar bay, but for now it would be on lock down. He was stuck in this city..."Or they are stuck in here with me"

[member='Skye Achlys'] [member='Varas Kyrel'] [member='Jim Pehico']

Skye wandered back and forth in the alley and was unsure what to do. This alley certainly wasn't safe forever, but neither were the streets. After thinking a little more she got ready to dart onto the streets when she suddenly heard a feminine voice and froze.
Because Skye didn't see anyone in front of her, she let herself drop to the ground while also turning around in one fluent motion.

No-one.

Then where did that voice come from? The alley looked just as lonely as it did a few moments ago. Maybe...it was her imagination? No, she heard it, she was sure of that.
The voice sounded soft and soothing but it felt treacherous and dark.
It sure was tempting, the thought of just talking to this person and all her problem might be resolved. However, Skye feared it was a lie. Not that it mattered, considering she had absolutely no way of contacting this person back or knowing where they were- and she wasn't just going to go say hi to those troopers, that's for sure.
Finally her breathing started to become faster; she was afraid. The sounds of marching troopers in the streets and ships in the sky were overwhelming. Skye’s mind could only think about one thing: there was no way she could get out of here. No way. No. Way.

And then she heard another voice, yet this one sounded more… normal and near. Skye turned around again, this time slowly and fearing she would come eye to eye with troopers.
However, there were no troopers, just one man. After a little sigh of relief, Skye focused on the man. “Hey hey hey!”, she whispered sharply as she hastily looked around. “Quiet? Please?”, she asked while she scanned the figure and quickly made her way over to him.
It didn't take Skye long to decide whether to trust this man..
What other choice did she have?

[member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Varas Kyrel"]

Jim clearly saw the woman’s face now proving his assumption. It’s not everyday you see the First Order in high alert, so he knew this woman meant business. “Well I’m sorry!” Jim whispered yelled at the fugitive. “Get in the bar and I’ll try and throw them off your tracks. Lock the door and wait for 2 quick knocks and a delayed third before opening the door. Trust me.” Jim said commandingly and with a slight confident smirk. Of course in reality Jim was nervous, Jim had only Jim knew better than to take on the First Order. But he took out his flask and took a quick sip before concealing it once again.

[member="Skye Achlys"]

Varas walked slower now towards the Force signature, like a big cat stalking its prey. Whoever this was giving off such a bright manifestation appeared to be a mere fledgling and unable to hide their presence. Or maybe they could, and the Disciple was meandering into a trap.

Either way, she finally caught up to the figure and realized she was just a young woman with a slight build, dark hair… much like herself.

Her hand hovered over her lightsaber, but she didn’t dare ignite it. It would cause too much noise. The second thing that Varas did was employ Force Stealth to conceal herself. She would now appear to be an ordinary citizen and not the woman who whispered to Skye a few minutes ago.

A male voice shouted, ringing through the cacophony, offering refuge. Unless either of the pair were powerful Force users they would not be able to detect that Varas was a Disciple, an apprentice of The Enforcer of the Ren, one of the Masters in their complex system of authoritative soldiers. And even though Varas was extremely loyal to Kyrel, she was staunchly loyal to Sieger Ren.

She could hear the man ushering the woman into the bar, so Varas said, “I hear they serve the best vintage of Toniray wine.” And with that she followed them into the cantina. "Mind if I join you?"

[member="Skye Achlys"] [member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Delsin Kessler"]

Skye thoughtfully stared at the door. This would be the perfect trap to lure her into a false sense of security before restraining her inside this ‘bar’, but no, she trusted this man. Somehow she could feel that he was actually trying to help and even if he wasn't- she still had no choice.
Skye sighed and stepped past the man to the door. “Fine, I trust you”, she whispered before looking back at him over her shoulder. “Besides, if you’ll go and rat me out; it's the First Order, they’ll still have you hanged for ‘suspected aid of a fugitive’ or whatever.” Having said this she noticed she wasn't exactly being nice, so she turned around towards the man and added, “I don't know why you’d do this, but thanks”

Then another figure stepped into the alley, and Skye took a step back as she nodded towards the woman so the man would also be alerted to her presence.
A small shiver ran down Skye’s spine as the other woman spoke, but she couldn't figure out why. “I..uh...really think it’s best if you went home”, she replied slowly. “Have you seen all these troopers around? They might be searching for someone dangerous. You should go home where you’re safe”, she then hastily added, hoping it sounded somewhat believable. She didn't trust anyone at this point, but she also felt bad sending this woman away. Maybe she should come along? The bar seemed relatively safe?

[member="Varas Kyrel"] [member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Delsin Kessler"]

Jim looked at the woman there was something off about the newcomer. Especially since Jim didn’t here her coming. However, Stormtrooper footfalls were extremely close now, and Jim was getting antsy. He then shot a window out a floor up from a separate building from the cantina and tossed one of his two blasters up there.
“Alright, come on, hurry! it won’t work if the stormtroopers see you enter the cantina, come on!” Jim whispered yelled anxiously. As the two filed into the cantina, a patrol of First Order stormtroopers came into the end of the alley blasters set to stun. Jim in the meanwhile had been using the bathroom in the corner of the alley. These arch lights from the First Order ships blinded Jim as he buttoned his pants.

“Do you mind? Can’t a man get some bloody privacy?” Jim yelled towards the Stormtroopers. Out of the group of white armored men came a black uniformed Officer.

“Let me see some identification.” The officer said angrily, seeing that it was only the moustachioed man.

“Jim Pehico... wanted for the smuggling of contraband in many First Order systems. So Pehico, where is she?” The Officer said as he looked through Pehico’s identification.

“You talking about the woman with black hair, pale skin a litte less than 2 meters tall?” Jim asked nonchalantly.

“Precisely Mr. Pehico, you point me to where she went and we’ll call it even for now, but you best be out of this system within the hour and never return or else you will be killed on sight.” The officer said.

Jim pointed at the window. “She stole one of my blasters, and climbed up to that second floor. typically I would’ve tried to stop her but she had this feral look in her eyes, please do stop her.”

The officer radioed to his comrades. “Now please for your sake Mr. Pehico.... get on your way. And if you’re lying, the First Order will find out.” He said with a devilish smirk.

“She must be pretty karking important to let me go with a warning. They must really need all hands on deck with her.” Jim thought to himself.

As soon as the officer and patrol left the area, Jim knocked on the cantina door. He couldn’t believed it worked

Knock Knock..... knock

Jim then waited to see if the two waited for him.

[member="Skye Achlys"] [member="Varas Kyrel"]

The program was downloading every bit of information it could into the holopad, just the important parts of blueprints. He heard a blaster fire but didnt trigger the bomb. Too many explosion could draw a destroyer into the atmosphere and he wasnt that good of a pilot nor a smuggler to pass it through with ease. If the escaped prisoner (He supposed) wasnt captured, it could draw a batallion attention into the city, and that would mean lockdown for a few days. Too risky for Delsin.

Once the holopad download was complete, he got out of the computer room, and met with a group of stormtroppers passing by. They only salute Delsin and moved on. They still had to keep the place secured against foreign enemies or intruders. A minute later he was walking out of the building. Another minute he wore his usual clothing "Now to get to my ship..."

He sensed something. Something in the direction of a cantina he attended yesterday. He tried to maintain out of the line of sight of stormtropper or any of their gadgets. Once he was close, he saw a woman ( [member='Varas Kyrel'] ) standing alone in the street. He put the holopad in his left pocket and walked without a hurry. He didnt knew why he felt a weird sensation, but he tried to act normal "Im just a common tourist who got lost in his way back to his room" thought. It would be the best alibi

[member='Skye Achlys'] [member='Jim Pehico']

Skye and the other woman had barely been in the cantina for a few minutes when she heard knocking on the door. She had previously refused to go further into the bar, and had insisted on staying near the door. "That's fast", she whispered to herself with an arched eyebrow. She reached to open the door, but stopped just before she did. Something didn't feel right. Was the code correct? Two fast knocks, then one after a short pause. Yeah, it was correct. Still, something felt off.
After thinking for a little more, Skye shrugged and turned around to tell the other woman she was leaving again.
"Hey, I'm...", she started, but stopped when she didn't see the other woman. "Hello? You still here?", she asked a bit louder this time while looking around.
It was quite crowded, so maybe the woman had lost her in the crowd? Or maybe she just saw someone else, someone she knew, and ran off. Or maybe Skye unconsciously made the woman lose her.
Then Skye realized that the more she thought about the woman, the weirder she felt, so she just shook her head, told herself that the woman just went to some friends and turned back around, before she finally reached out to open the door and answer the man's knocking.
But no, the woman was still here and Skye knew it. She felt it.

[member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Varas Kyrel"] [member="Delsin Kessler"]

Jim waited for a few minutes before the door finally cracked opened and hurried into the doorway.

“Took you long enough.”

The fugitive was still there but the other woman was gone. Not good. Jim figured she must realize the fugitive was worth some credits and went to find the nearest patrol. Best case scenario, she’s grabbing everyone a drink.

“Where’d she go?” Jim whispered yelled at the girl. He was only showing a bit of panic on his face.

[member="Skye Achlys"] [member="Varas Kyrel"]

"Shiv, you awake buddy? I'm going to have to put us down in some First Order farkled World, Miruuk or something. I didn't look at the screen long. Maybe we can find a job here, but we for sure have to refuel." Chips rubbed his face, already gone through the various challenges of getting permission to land. It wouldn't take long for him to begin his descent into the atmosphere. His YT-2400 wouldn't take long to speed through the world. The Cobalt Ship branding the new "The Aluminum Hawk," flashed over the City in bright white letters before it began its depressurization on the landing bay, it collapsed with a loud rattle as it seems it is about to fall apart.

Chips stood up from his seat, pulling a flask from his Jacket as he drinks a quick swig, his face scrunches up as the liquid slid down his throat and burned, he walked swiftly into the Cabin directly beside the Cockpit, he would grab his jacket throwing it around him as he hides the blaster within the lining. It wouldn't take long for him to make his way to Shivs Cabin, banging his hand on the door "Come on buddy..."

Skye was extremely relieved and, to be honest, a little surprised when she saw the man was still there- and he actually got the First Order to go somewhere else. "Yeah, sorry", she replied automatically. She looked over her shoulder one last time. "I don't know. She was just.. gone. Might have lost her in the crowd."

Skye's eyes flickered to the broken window from the opposite building. "They uuhh.. are they there?", she whispered while she nodded in that direction.
She slowly exhaled before she returned her gaze to the man. "Thank you. I don't know why you did all of this, but thanks."

And then reality came back to her. This small encounter might have been avoided, but she was still in a city on high lockdown. Skye walked past the man to the edge of the alley. "Appreciate your work, but we can't stay here forever", she told him. "Or at least I can't."
She took an extensive look of the streets. "Need to get out of this city and off this world", she whispered to no-one in particular.

Varas noticed [member="Delsin Kessler"] walking along, tucking away a holopad, but she paid him no mind. It was the time of day when many in the city were either commuting home from their jobs or heading to a cantina like the one she had entered. Had the Disciple known he was an infochant or slicer seeking intel he could sell, she may have intervened, but at the same time Varas was no local law enforcement figure. The Ren were not employed to patrol the streets on a regular basis.

And when an entire company of stormtroopers were distracted by the hunt for a murderer, there were likely lots of nefarious types taking advantage.

In the meantime Varas remained in the shadows of the cantina, still in Force Stealth, watching, patient, biding her time as a coiled asp would. Her Force Sight wasn’t good but if she ceased concentrating on hiding her signature, she might be able to actually see what was happening in the other building where the trail for the female force user had gone cold.

And that’s exactly what she did. Now Varas was vulnerable herself to being felt by Skye. Again the brunette sent a telepathic message to her, her own tone a mixture of honey and gruffness:

“You cannot run for long. Come to me. I’m sure I can help broker a deal between you and The First Order. One that would help you get out of here in one piece."

[member="Chips Dumbo"] [member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Skye Achlys"]

If there are two things in the galaxy Shiv hates, it's droids, and those who abuse their strengths. Sith, First Order, didn't matter who, all the same. Shiv didn't need to look out of his window to know that Chips had brought them to a First Order controlled world. The stench of the place was already being filtered into the ship as they entered the atmosphere. "Hrgggggg!" ["We should've fueled up back on that station a few parsecs back. You know I hate these places, Chips." The wookiee's howl of disapproval called back through his cabin's door. Shiv was tense, uneasy. He wasted no time in gathering his equipment. His tools, vest, goggles. Then he stopped looking towards his vibroblade and T-21 blaster. He picked them up before walking towards his cabin's door. As it slid open he looked to Chips and held both up. "Rgggggggggggggh!" ["Think it's a good idea to bring the girls along?"] Shiv was never one for subtlety. He never enjoyed the idea of sneaking around, or being quiet. He made sure to show off whatever he was packing when on a planet or station that allowed the open carry of blasters. Sometimes carrying a big gun and sword is enough to get people to think twice about starting things.

Shivers ran down Skye's spine when she heard that voice again. She immediately turned around. "Don't lie to me!", she snarled. However, when she saw no-one was there except for the man, her expression turned back into one of innocence instead of annoyance. "I...didn't mean you", she softly told him. She didn't really know what else to say, and because of that, and because of the fact that she wouldn't be safe here forever, she turned around the corner and out of the alley, on to the streets.

While she slowly made her way down the street, step by step, the rain drops started to roll down her face. And then, there was that feeling that she had back in that alley only a few moments ago, that feeling which she just couldn't explain. She didn't know what it was, but she feared it nonetheless.

When she looked up she noticed that most of the searchlights seemed to be located more at the edges of the city, which would trouble her later, but not now. Now she could relatively easily walk along the edge of the street.

(Sry for not responding. Was out for New Years)

Delsin felt releived. If nothing would stop him from passing over this street, he could get into higher grounds and get to his hotel. He would remain there until the full lock down was out, but he knew the woman didnt let him pass just by luck. There was something or someone far more important there to take the whole attention of the cities army.

With the trigger of the paint bomb in one pocket and the holopad on the other, walked towards the end of the block, passing the woman. Just needed to turn the street to the right and leave "You...run for long...I can help...you and the first...get you out of here in one piece" ( [member='Varas Kyrel'] ) said someone, the woman Delsin thought. That freak him out as he jumped to the right. "What did you said?" Delsin spoke loud enough

[member='Skye Achlys'] [member='Jim Pehico'] [member='Chips Dumbo'] [member=''Shiv'']

(Jim can't post himself so I'm doing it for him ^^)

Jim had slightly been ignoring her using his datapad to contact R2-3Z. R2 informed Jim that the First Order was monitoring the ship. He was apparently still considered a person of interest. There was no way that she was being smuggled onto his ship. Suddenly she screamed out. Jim looked up at her slightly shocked. She quickly apologized and ran. For a split second, Jim thought she might have been a crazy person who the First Order apprehended, but besides the little outburst she seemed stable. He chased after her, after she began walking, Jim was able to catch up.

“You know, toots, you shouldn’t run from your only friend in the galaxy right now. But I found out that your friends at the First Order are considering me a person of interest. So my ship is now out of questions, my Astro droid is even hightailing it off this rock because once that hour hits they’d turn my ship into scrap. Now I need to know, what’s the plan, Ms. You-Still-Haven’t-Told-Me-Your-Name.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom