Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Flight In The Right Direction

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
Ting'tinag wandered around the hanger bay at the Jedi Enclave, It was early morning, the slighly friged atmosphere playing a slight cill, the light still active as the sun had yet to rise properly, most other Jedi asleep or away on other duties, laving the star fighters and other craft un attended for the time being.

Not really having anything to do for the moment, the young Twi'leks Jedi's activities had been relativly quiet, no wars to suddenly jump into, no great natural disaster to rush head long at and go around saving people. Well maybe there was but she had yet to be informed about it yet, would not be a surprised. To most and herself the less than conventional Jedi Twi'lek had a past most would rather not dabble with, having a slight criminal record and having been trained by non-other than Kyrel Ren, people viewed her as… bad luck.

"Well, beggars can't be chooser, at least, at least I was accepted into this order, now I have a place to stay that's safe, food shelter... though it’s just such a bore sometimes, and there are only so many undercover missions to go around, but there isn't much I can do now". She ran her hand along the undercarriage of her X-wing, even if her skills as a Jedi where not the best she could always count on being an expert pilot, something the order was always looking for.

[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

As she walked beneath her X-wing, another fighter zipped into the bay, flipped around on a dime, and settled down into a vacant spot. The long, sleek fighter wasn't overly powerful in the grand scheme of things, albeit equipped with two heavy laser cannons that could eat shields like nobodies business, but it was maneuverable. In it he had done things that most would find impossible, even in the olden days. Admittedly, the light interceptor had grown on him in large part because it was an Echani design, but he did enjoy the ability to turn the tables on his enemies at a moments notice. It sure surprised the heck out of most of his opponents.

The cockpit opened and Kamon, wearing a flight suit but with his lightsaber on his hip, jumped to the ground below, landing lightly as he did so. The fighter would be noticeably without a communications array, but he relied on his senses and his connection to the Force so he didn't need it. The extra space in the ship allowed this particular fighter to be equipped with advanced deflector shields as well, which he liked. He was good, but nobody was good enough to never get hit.

"Good girl," he said, giving her a pat on the nose as he walked around her to do his post-flight inspection.

As he did so, he caught sight of someone else in the hangar bay. Curious, he turned his attention to see who it was, and was greeted with a vision of a yellow skinned Twi'lek. He'd seen many Twi'leks in his day, but yellow was not a common color in his recollection. Fleeting a glance over her with the Force, he couldn't help but be curious by what he felt. Raw power. A tinge of darkness. Regret, perhaps? Uncertainty for sure. This piqued his interest further, so he reached out into the Force, into its deepest recesses, and called on the Current. He rarely used it anymore, but he still knew how. With it, he made everything in the bay disappear, every fighter, from his and her sight, and hid them from any other sight.

"Curious that you doubt yourself. Or perhaps it isn't you that you doubt, but your surroundings?"

[member="Tin'tinag"]

Tin'tinag

The loud rumble of anther fighter echoed through the hanger bay, a sleek looking craft, almost if someone took the cockpit of an Xwing and slapped small s-foils to the front and back flew in, silver and shiny, looked to be like some for a stealth or diplomatic ship then a fighter of any kind. "Odd design, but cool too, I feel a little jealous", who ever owned the craft soon excited, wearing the typical flight suit of most Jedi... patting the craft on the nose, 'glad I ain't the only one that does that'.

Well it didn't matter, such a craft would most likely belong to a higher-ranking member, master probably, someone who would not waste time of a padwan like her. Tin'tinag started to turn around to leave but stopped, only seeing a white void in place of her fighter, the other craft and the blast doors, the only thing else present was said Jedi, slowly approaching, speaking to her? "Doubt... I've never doubted myself, I have always been able to pull through very difficult situations in the past, I know my skills are not the best".

She turned fully around to view the man, the had a gruff elderly look to them, stern but also caring, "As for this place... more than I do not fully understand it, or those that reside here, they talk of peace and protecting all, but I still feel like and outcast, though that could be to person experience, but I have never felt totally welcomed here". Her eyes scanned about the room Curious about how it was made, what sort of mind trick was this... and how powerful was such a skill, "Tell me, what is this place"?

So, not doubt then but minor depression and perhaps a little anxiety. She didn't seem the type to be medically induced to such so it had to be her background. No doubt it was related somehow to the dark taint he felt within her. Either she had once been a practitioner of the darkside or she struggled with the idea of not using it whenever it felt necessary for her. Either was potentially harmful if she couldn't move past it. He knew that from personal experience.

"You are still within the hangar," he said, offering a small smile. "You're fighter is still right where you believe it to be, but I've used the White Current to hide all distractions and to hide us."

She wasn't frightened, but curious. That was a good sign. Given where she'd been, and how she'd been examining the fighter, he surmised that she was a pilot, like he was.

"How long have you been a pilot?"

It was good to have things in common as it provided opportunities for small talk. If ahe felt like an outcast then he needed to make her feel welcomes. Polite conversation was a good start. He didn't particularly want to frighten her by telling her who he was and his rank, even though he was aware that by now most of the galaxy had forgotten him. Some still knew so he figured it was better not to take the risk of her knowing.

[member="Tin'tinag"]

Tin'tinag

She felt like a small microorganism under the Jedi masters gaze, trying to see what made her work most likely, with interest, wanting to explore the specimen more. Her arms moved around at his mention of still being in the hanger, the familiar cold touch of its metal exterior sending a slight shiver up her spin, "wow, this is... cool, it that the right word to use"?

Her attention was drawn back to the Jedi at the mention of being a pilot, was it that obvious, probably, not many people hanged around the hanger bay when they were bored, most preferring the tranquillity of the garden or one of the balcony overlooking the planet’s surface. "I've been a pilot for a good 9 years, as soon as I had raised enough credits through... 'certain' methods I bought myself a freighter and high tailed it off Ryloth, from there everything was mainly trial and error, didn't go to some fancy flight school, learn my skill through experience"

"Probably the hardest way to learn something, but gut instinct and the ability to adapt and recognize opening far exceeds any fancy manoeuvres or text book skills you learn from others... why do you ask"? She could tell he was a pilot too, were they just using common ground to get a more in depth feel for who she was as a person? or was it simple pleasant conversation after a mission, the early hours of the morning not really allowing for anything else now.

Kamon shrugged. The word meant little. To be fair he'd always found that the use of the Current was extremely taxi g on his body, especially in combat. On top of that it often seemed like cheating and anything dishonorable went against his Echani nature. So now he basically only used it for the purpose of training or seeking some sort of solace away from the constant running and rigor of the life of a Jedi Master.

She explained her history as a pilot and he nodded while knowing that she has clearly left some things out. It was normal to gloss over things, though. It wasn't a big deal, anyway.

"Curiosity," he said, smoothing a hand through his hair. "Everyone has a story on how they got into piloting and some of the stories are very interesting. For me it wasn't so special, I just learned because I needed a way to get around."

He sauntered around for a moment before stopping to stare out at the world outside of the hangar bay.

"So, why do I sense a bit of darkness from you?"

[member="Tin'tinag"]

Tin'tinag

Curiosity, yer right, no one was every just curios, their was always alternative motives, and although this Jedi probably had the best intentions in mind it was a habit of hers to be wary of others with hidden motives. His story did not seem to be very exciting, just a general method of transport, that seemed to be 40% of peoples reasons to become a pilot, though was not often how people wound up as an ace, unless conscripted into the navy during times of war... had this man fought during the One Sith conflict? questions for later.

Though his next question seemed a little odd, well to her anyways, "The darkness in me... I though that would be common knowledge to everyone, makes it easier to avoid me and keep all the young-lings safe from what ever dark tendrils are spouting out of my head". She gave a slight amused sigh before continuing. "Okay that was a joke, but in all honesty, the reason for my somewhat dark force signature is that I was a former disciple of Ren, to Kyrel Ren of all people, I am lucky to have escaped, though I do not know what he did to quell the anger that undoubtedly engulfed him at such an act".

She was not exactly proud of what she had done to escape, most likely someone had died in her place to appease the Master of Ren, or something else, during the event her back stabbing save yourself instinct kicking in, not really caring who got hurt.

"A disciple of Ren?" he asked. "I know very little of them except for their allegiance to the First Order."

While he was curious what she could tell him about the group, he didn't think it wise to press the matter. Digging into a dark past would often make doubts linger. If she moved on from that, she would be serving her role in the galaxy much better. Besides, if he really wanted to k ow then he could always go sneak onto a First Order world and encounter some of the Ren on his own. That wouldn't have to entail violence, after all.

Anger, though, was something he knew. He couldn't help but smile at that bit. He'd had his own struggles in the subject. The time at his wedding, for example, when his daughter in law tried to seduce his fiance. Or the time he'd been taken captive by a Force cult which implanted him with darkness that ultimately led to his disciple killing him. Sort of.

"It is good that you escaped the darkness. I think we have skipped the pleasantries long enough. I am Jedi Master Kamon Vondiranach, formerly a Dark Jedi and before that a Grandmaster of the Rogue Jedi Order. Can I ask your name and who is instructing you, if anyone?"

He doubted she knew him. Most didn't anymore. But at least she had a name to go with the face now.

[member="Tin'tinag"]

Tin'tinag

"You don't know about them" She was kind of surprised, she would have though learning about an order that would gladly slaughter all the Jedi in existence would be need to know, perhaps that may be something she could teach to the other Jedi here, "hmmm, let me give you a basic run down, like Sith, but emo and think they are better then everyone, sooo extreme, but for some reason are not bad when it comes to interment relationships". Guess the order of Ren was not just all power, very much passion as well as power, but still, they where very much like Sith in her eyes, even if they did not have the same ideology or code.

When he introduce himself she felt a little, overwhelmed, but at the same time slightly glad, he to had been a servant of the dark, so he would understand what her past was like, well more then most of the Jedi she had met. "My name is Tin'tinag, I do not own a family name, well not that I know of anyways, I guess I am a padawan, Cambria Zadira http://starwarsrp.net/user/2643-cambria-zadira/was a brief teacher for me, I currently serve in her fighter wing, but besides that, no I do not have a teacher, not many seem to want me as their student". Even less so if they knew the less then illegal insurgent mission she had done for the 13th rail.

"I've met Cambria in the past," he said, nodding his head. "Just for the record, I'm probably going to call you Tintin. It's easier to remember. Unless it's an insult, then I won't."

So the Ren were basically just Sith with an oedipus complex from the sounds of things. He failed to really see any difference between them, but he also doubted that she'd given him all the pertinent details of what they were about. Likely that would take a very long time and some complex explanation of her own involvment with the group. She may not be willing to divulge that information to someone she's only just met. That being the case, he opted not to press her on that particular issue. They could save it for another time.

The fact that many didn't seem to want her as a student was remarkable to him, but at the same time it wasn't. Many struggled with how to handle those who came from darkness and stepped into the light.

"I could teach you if you'd like. Of course I'm not sure what it is that you would like to learn, and my expertise is mostly limited to combat and piloting, but I'm willing to learn alongside you if you want to know something I don't know."

It was never a bad idea to keep learning. The galaxy constantly changed and new techniques were developed, both good and bad. It was useful to study them continually as that would allow one to react to these new things, even if one couldn't do them. Kamon tended to be in the latter group as his use of the Force to do things other than guide his movements and allow him to slip into the folds of the Force was basically rudimentary at best.

[member="Tin'tinag"]

Tin'tinag

"Well she is one of the orders best pilots, makes sense that you'd know her, as for that nick name, I don't see why not, is it a reference to something I should know"? She guessed it was just a somewhat shorter version of her name, but often enough nick name usually had some funny meaning behind them to something else, but she didn't care, one did not make it far in the smuggling trade without a sense of humour. It also removed the oh so tire some title system, though not unnecessary she kind of felt that it did not need to be used all time, especially with casual encounters like this one.

"Me? become your student? like right here right now? I may not have the best knowledge of the order but is there not some official thing one must go through first before becoming someone padawan? Maybe things were different, but from what she knew this specific Jedi sect was a bit more rule sticking then the others, or was that just with the code? "Well I could always learn more about combat, mainly light sabre stuff, my inexperience in that area has led to some rather damaging things", her first engagement with a light sabre foe was almost her last, the guy going straight for her Lekku.

[member="Kamon Vondiranach"] [member="Kamon Vondiranach"][member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom