Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Few Brews

Zeynab flashed a toothy grin at the bartender as she slid onto a bar stool, earning her a suspiciously quirked eyebrow from the man behind the counter. She was in a good mood, having just been paid in full from her last job of moving some less than legal substances from Point A to Point B. Sometimes it paid to be a ship for hire, and sometimes it really paid. Either way, after landing the Galaxy Jewel on Coruscant, the pilot decided that it was time to relax.

She figured that her good mood might have been bothering the barkeep from his facial expression, but things didn’t seem that heated in this seedy bar at the moment so she wasn’t too worried. Even when relaxing, one had to watch their back while in Coruscant. “Gimmie an ale.” The young woman rested an elbow on the counter, cradling her chin with one hand, a mischievous smile ever present on her face. She always liked the atmosphere of rougher areas, even if her choice put her in the occasional tight spot. At least here, people were themselves.

[member="Gray Watcher"]

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Gray walked into the bar on Coruscant. He was on this planet yet again looking for yet another job. He really needed to do something about that bodyguard job he was offered soon, or the odd jobs he was taking for credits here and there might be his new career path. He was decked out in his armor and had his blaster pistol strapped to his right leg. He walked up to the counter next to the visibly happy woman and ordered himself a shot of whiskey.

Gray took off his helmet and set it onto the counter. He turned to the woman and said, " Someone looks happy. Find yourself a good man or just drop a bad one? Or perhaps you just knew today you would meet the most handsome man you will ever meet." Gray smirked to her after and gave her a wink.

"Hey there. Are you Venus?" "You are Acaleus. The Techno Union told me that you were looking for a pilot" "And a good one" Acaleus went into the bar and saw the girl. She was a human with blonde hair and yellow eyes. The way Venus was dressed almost got him stun "Concentrate. You dont know how to fly your ship" thought for a moment after approaching to the table and talking to the pilot.

"My ship is an AT-120 without modification and...well i will be straight, i dont know how to fly it, nor i have the time to learn" he had teaching lessons but it ended up bad "The payment will be two thousand credits per month" "One point five and its a deal" "Two thousand. I got better things to do than..." "Deal. I dont want someone with a small will at my side, but dont push" Acaleus smirked and raised his hand. The waiter came "Two glasses of rum" "Right away sir"

It wasnt long enough that they were drunk "So how does a pretty girl like you ended up becoming one of the best pilots" "All my fa..hip...ther. He trained me in shooting, driving every known ship and some languages. Boooooring as hell but it was worth it. Same question" "Slave, won my freedom, started working right away as a mercenary and got a small fortune" "I dont believe you. I dont think that you took an easy path for earning that money... but just being a mercenary?" she was moving to the sides, without knowing her north.

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Zey turned toward the sound of a man’s voice as her drink arrived, grabbing the mug with her free hand and taking a quick sip before giving the newcomer a grin. “Money makes me happier than any man ever will, buddy.” She raised her glass slightly in a gesture before bringing it to her lips and tilting her head back, downing a good half of the drink in one go. She licked her lips and sighed in contentment, reveling in the taste of the bitter brew and a job well done. “You here to kill somebody, dressed like that?” She reached out and flicked her finger against the man’s armor, a light ping resonating from the metal.

A little ways away she noticed a man engaging a young blonde woman, the latter appearing to have drunk a little too much from the way she was weaving in and out on her seat. “Hey buddy! Better take care of that girl of yours before she goes ‘an passes out.” By now she had moved to rest her back against the bar, slouching her body down in an ungraceful manner. A smirk crossed the Miraluka’s lips. “Unless ‘o course that’s what you want.”

[member="Gray Watcher"][member="Acaleus Thorn"]

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Gray laughed at her comment and said, " Yeah I am here to kill someone. I'm here to kill you, because I'm a lady killer." He winked at her after.

Gray grabbed his shot when it showed up after his terrible attempt at wit, and downed it quickly. He set the glass back down and turned around to see what was going on at the other table. He saw the scene with [member="Acaleus Thorn"] and the blonde woman were having a merry time. He leaned against the counter as well. He looked relaxed and yet guarded at the same time.

"Im not drunk!" "I only bought her three drinks..." Acaleus took her drink away and Venus lunged toward him "Hey!" he used the force to stop the fall. He was in mid-air hugging her while she was supported to his chest "You are cute" "Yeah i know. My mother is the best...I need some water and my debt" told to the waiter "I dont wanna go" she said and started punching his chest "I will leave you at your hotel" Acaleus stood up and grabbed her by the arms but Venus couldnt stay in her feets so Acaleus carry her in his back "Uff" "Or you are weak or that means i have to begin the gym righ away" "Im a little drunk too"

This was the first freaking time he was drunk with a girl. But he knew that a relation was a bad idea, so he would just leave her in the ship and sleep right away. The waiter approach with the debt for the drinks and Acaleus had to put her on the wall for a moment "Here you go" said that he leave. Maybe he was coming back. The night was young.

[member='Zeynab Kazzat'],[member='Gray Watcher'],

Zey couldn’t help but snicker, shaking her head as she nearly snorted into her drink. She quickly poured the other half of her drink down her throat, settling the glass down on the counter with a loud thud. “That was awful.” She waved the bartender over for a refill before turning back to her conversation partner. “Names Zeynab, you can call me Zey. Pilot and odd jobber. You got a name, stranger? Or should I just call you mystery merc?”

Her attention was drawn away for a brief moment as the blonde girl started hitting the man she was drinking with. Shaking her head at their shenanigans, Zey kept them on her radar for entertainment, if nothing else.

[member="Gray Watcher"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"]

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Gray smiles at her and says, " As much as I like the idea of the mystery merc, the name is Gray. Merc and odd jobber as well." He turned around to order another whiskey from the barkeeper. He turns back around and looks at Zey as he says, " So what brings you in here tonight Zey? Besides the chance to hear such horrible pick up lines that is."

OOC: How do these terrible lines keep working for Gray?

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]
[member="Gray Watcher"]

A three or so stool away from Zenyab sat a Duros dressed in a well-aged brown leather pilots jacket and black slacks with a easily visible bryar pistol on his hip that looked like a weapon of choice for the more thinner creature.
“Another..” he muttered in his gravely deep voice then slid a credit chip over towards the barkeep who snatched it up then Nim’s empty glass that once contained dark ale. The green-blue fingers wraps around the long cigar and slides it from his thin almost non-existent lips and snubs the glowing red end into a nearby ashtray.

A slight silently glance was given over towards Zenyab then the other figure who was speaking with her as his glowing red-golden eyes settle on their interaction.

“Looks like we’re two of the same kind then, Gray.” The Miraluka would have winked if she could, but one generally needs eyelids for that…and eyes. “The usual. First thing I do after get paid is drown myself in a job well done.” She raised her now refilled glass to punctuate her statement, taking a swig from it. “What about yourself? Taking a break from having the ladies fall at your feet?”

Even though she wasn’t facing him, Zey’s force sight allowed her to take note of the glance from the Duros a few seats down. Tilting her head in his direction, she addressed him, back against the counter. “See anything you like, ashtray?” Her voice was as jovial as always, but it lacked its usual edge of friendliness.

OOC: Working in the sense that she might keep you around if you’re useful ;)

[member="Gray Watcher"] [member="Nim Stagnol"]

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"] [member="Nim Stagnol"]

Gray chuckles and says, " Yeah got to be careful with all those ladies falling at my feet after tripping in an attempt to get away from my bad jokes."

Gray looked over and saw the man she was talking to. He was a Duros and Gray could swear he had seen this one before. He didn't have to think long before he remembered he had seen him at another bar. Gray raised his glass to the Duros with a friendly smile before he drank his second shot of whiskey as soon as it arrived. He set the glass down and said, " Well he is likely hoping you will turn around so he can see your firm behind. I know I am right now."

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]
[member="Gray Watcher"]

A deep gritty chuckle was given then turns looking back over towards Zeynab once again while placing a firm elbow against the bar counter's edge and leans against it a little. "I don't discriminate, honey. How about you?" he paused then glances over towards Gray Watcher as if watching him silently as if studying the other male. "I can promise you that I don't resort to horrible corny jokes and pick up line.." a smirk crossed his face while the fingers leave the snubbed cigar and returns to a flat palm down against the bar.

"To be honest, I am look for a new job...and possibly a ship.." he said as his tone turned to a more serious and outright depressed mode. Oh how he missed his ship..

Zey snickered, nursing her second mug of ale for a few moments. “I’m afraid to disappoint, but my behind will be firmly planted on this stool for the rest of the night.” She chuckled at her own word play before taking another drink, the bitter brew a familiar and almost soothing taste.

The woman arched a brow at the mention of a ship, noting the shift in the man’s tone. “If ya need a transport, I’ve got a ship. Dependin’ on yer skills, you might find someone who needs an extra hand ‘round here.” She gestured casually to the rest of the bar, having picked up a few jobs herself here.

[member="Gray Watcher"] [member="Nim Stagnol"]

[member="Nim Stagnol"] [member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Gray looked at the Duros man and said, " But without pick-up lines and corny jokes, how am I going to make women throw drink and slap me in my face? As far as jobs go, I can't help there. I'm in need of a job myself and don't have a ship right now. I use to have one, but I don't want to think about what happened to it right now."

Gray turned his attention to Zey and said, " Oh come on now. You can't keep a galactic treasure like that hidden or people will riot in the streets." He smirked and winked before he added, " Anything you want to do? Darts? Dancing? Cards?"

Zey chuckled, taking a slow slip of her ale for a few seconds. “Better turn your charm down, merc, or I might just pass out.” She finished the rest of her drink and placed her mug down onto the counter with a thoughtful sigh. “Darts? Cards? Only a fool would challenge a Miraluka to those.” She grinned and tapped her goggles with a finger. “Hope your dancing is better than your pick-up lines.”

[member="Gray Watcher"]

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Gray laughed at what Zey had to say. She was a Miraluka, but Watchers were always oddly good with cards... and dice... and any other form of chance that people thought up. Just one of those oddities that ran in the blood. Well his mother's blood anyways. Mandalorian blood ran through his father's and everyone knew what that meant.

Gray smiled at Zey after he finished laughing and said, " You can't find anything better than my pick up lines darling, other than your pretty self that is." He winked at her because why not and held his hand out for her to take.

The grin still plastered on her face, Zey shook her head. “Careful now, flattery will get you everywhere.” If the eyeless woman could wink, she certainly would have. With no hesitation, she took Gray’s hand and allowed him to lead. “So, what led you into the merc life? Lust for adventure? Money? Hanging out in ratholes like this?”

[member="Gray Watcher"]

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Gray lead her out to the dance floor as he considered what to say next. He didn't even know where to start on the whole why he is a mercenary thing. It was such an easy question to answer, but there were so many different versions he could tell. The short version, the long version, the very long version, the history lesson version. So many choices to make, but which was the right one to pick?

Gray said as he got her out to the dance floor and a dance song began to play, " Well my dad was a mercenary and he taught me the business. I liked the work so I stuck with it. How about you? Why did you decide to be a pilot?" He began to dance to the song, and actually managing to do an almost okay job at it... almost.

Song playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbsBEb1ZxWA

OOC: Okay I'm trying to figure out how I can make it have the window version so all you need to do is hit play to listen while reading the post.

“So you’re a merc brat, eh? Makes sense. Good line of work if you like your freedom.” She smiled as the beat began to pick up, her body naturally swaying to the rhythm. “Bout the same for me. My dad was a pilot, so that made me a space brat. Old man’s retired now, so I took over.” She paused in talking for a moment, watching Gray dance. “Move your feet like this.” She casually put a hand on his chest, tilting her head downward so that he could see the way her own feet were moving. Not that she was much better, mind you. “There, now maybe your dancin’ won’t be as bad as your pickup lines.” As she said this, she would accidentally step on Gray’s foot, hard.

OOC: Extra points for choosing something from one of my favorite EDM groups.

[member="Gray Watcher"]

[member="Zeynab Kazzat"]

Gray laughed and said, " A bit of a space brat actually myself. My dad was a merc, but my mom was his pilot. She also did some trading, transportation, and salvaging. I don't think I ever saw someone do as much as she did honestly. If she could do it from or near her ship, she did it." He smiled as he began to remember moments with his parents. The smile started off happy but soon took on a sad tone to it, not that his new friend could see that.

Gray applied her advise to his dancing and it did improve. He was actually surprised he was dancing as well as he was. He never did much dancing, so he never got that good at it. When she accidentally stepped on his foot, he didn't feel a thing no matter how hard it was. He was still wearing his armor and thankfully that included his feet. He said not even noticing she had stepped on his foot, " Well if my pick up lines are so bad, why don't we hear one of your's? Or does the pretty lady just have to flip her hair and the men come a flockin'?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom