Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Fatal Exploration | (PM to join)

A Fatal Exploration

AQtNDMG.jpg

mood
**​
Cloudside Resort
Talaos City
Makeb

The sun shimmered in the distance as it made its slow dance to set once again. Lucien stood at the balcony of his suite, his mind restless as he watched. It had become somewhat of a routine, an excuse to clear his mind even if it did nothing of the sort. Lucien eyes glimmered as he leaned over the railing, the seashore below barely visible. This was the most beautiful planet he'd witnessed since he ventured off his home world. He'd come to enjoy his stay, despite the stress. Tonight, he inhaled his cigarette with more vigor than usual. The days had been wearing on his team, but Lucien finally had something, or so he hoped.
They had come to this planet on a hunch. An experimental substance from days of old had been rumored to resurface, with only a local exploratory energy corporation taking interest. After grueling freelance work in Bryn'adûl space, Lucien decided a job with low bloodshed was in order. Worst case scenario, he just wasted all his credits on an all-expense paid trip for his crew. Best case? Well, Lucien has the drop on a potentially historic mining operation.

Makeb's independence had kept it, and the full extent of its resources, out of the spotlight for several hundred years now. Resorts had popped up along the planet's surface, easily selling out during peak seasons of travel. Its industrial business community remained of secondary importance. The head of the Council of Makeb, the Chagrian Tooresh Drak, kept a tight operation. Under their oligarchic system, the Council kept the peace via a droid police force and tolerated no corruption. Their goal was to remain a premier destination for big spenders from both Core worlds and well-behaved clientele from the outer-rim. It seems as though they were aware of the planet's energy potential, but any info the matter stored within their database been wiped. Lucien had hired a top Gran slicer for the job, but his efforts turned up little to nothing despite gaining full access to the system. Vague memo's and old meeting notes only made subtle mention to the planet's past as a mining world. There was no doubt of a cover up, he concluded. The only think linking them to the mining operation was the assignment of a scout team to the area soon after they broke ground, conveniently passing by at an observable distance at least daily. Alternatively, the servers of the exploratory company in question, TapX Limited, revealed their ignorance of the matter. Their analysts had also attempted to solicit info on the substance from the Council, to no avail. And while they might not know the potential of their venture, the management was at least competent. The CEO, a Human named Hux Ponpilon, had previously run a mining operation on Malastare. Lucien concluded that TapX's deep-core mining operation finally striking the substance is the only way for him to move forward. His source, a local Weequay supervising the drilling operations, was about to inform him that that was hours away.

"Hours? For karks sake man. How long are really talking here? Think long and hard before you answer me" Lucien rolled his head, adjusting his composure to calm himself before continuing, coldly, "I need your best estimate, now"

The Weequay presses his hand to his head, trying to strain the info Lucien wants out of his head. He continues, noticeable shaken, "Ermm, I- I can't say for sure sir! Its another team not under my purview, but... the engineers are overseeing the final stages of the pump installation, that takes a day or two by my guess, and I know they just started today. I can-"

"That's enough" Lucien abruptly ends the holocall, eyes still set on the setting sun. He lets out a deep exhale, flicking his cigarette into the plummeting depths below. Imbeciles, they have no idea whats on the other side of that pump. Lucien let a brief smile overtake him. And they can never know. The time to move is now. Lucien turns and heads back towards his dining room where his team awaits the news.

Objective: Await breifing
Tags: Lucien Kenston Lucien Kenston

Dezik had scored big on this one, Jasol Dorsian a former Imperial commander turned Governor of Sanjin had contracted Dezik to look into the rumours of an experimental substance being mined on Makeb. Sanjin possesses a massive tibinna mining operation and flourishing weapons companies and Jasol wanted to see if the substance held any merit and so he hired the former stormtrooper. Dezik figured the best way to find out about the substance was to get a job on Makeb where he could potentially get up close and personal with it. Not wanting to have to go through with what he described as 'corporate sithspit' he instead decided to find an independent group, regardless of legality. And thats how he wound up with Lucien and his crew.

Now here he was, standing in the dinning room with his helmet on his head and heavy blaster rifle holstered on his back. His introduction to Makeb was not the smoothest. he'd spent quite a lot of time getting lost in the city (not on purpose, he got very very lost) and having a hassle with local authorities because of his heavy repeater which nearly ended up getting him arrested. Having eventually found the resort he didn't exactly have a smooth entrance there either, many people there had actually assumed he was a homeless imperial veteran looking for money. But he had made it, among the rich and high class who stayed at the resort the grunt known as Dezik Agorr strolled through to the meeting place.

He watched as Lucien walked in and he spoke up. "So what's the news then? As nice as this resort is I'm itching to get moving." he said while fiddling with one of his thermal detonators, still having not learnt his lesson from some time spent coruscant that playing with explosives didn't exactly sit will with others. He smacked the detonator agains the table "Damn it why won't you work." he said before relenting, looking up to hear the response to his question.

Lucien enters the suite and points at Xeagor, his top lieutenant. “Are your men ready?”

“Always, you know that Luke” the burly Falleen responds.

Lucien turns to address the rest of the team as they gather closer now, “Pump installation is underway, they’ll have samples within hours according to our source on the inside. I want Xeagor’s team to infiltrate the drill site before dawn. Security is light, shouldn’t have to deviate from our plan. Our real worry is the Council’s forces patrolling the outskirts, we’ll need a distraction. Dezik? You like blowing things up don’t you? Well, tomorrow’s your lucky day.”

Lucien pulls up the details of the plan on the room's holoscreen. “We have two potential targets. A fuel refinery right on the outskirts of town, or, if your feeling risky, the Council has a vehicle depot about a kilometer from where their patrols have been sighted. A major disturbance at either of these sights will be enough to draw their attention away. Stealth is preferred, bailing you or anyone else in your company out of jail will draw too much heat. Take your pick”

While Dezik mulled the decision over, Lucien tossed a datapad to Xeagor. “Take this route when you go in the morning, credentials are in there as well. They’ll be expecting their daily delivery of thermal material around midday, just tell them your a little early today”. Lucien gave Xeagor a devious smile before turning back to Dezik, “Well?”

Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr

Objective: Briefing
Tags: Lucien Kenston Lucien Kenston

Dezik looked at the holoscreen and spoke. "Stealth. Not really my style." He said turning to Lucien. From his DLT to the bandoliers of expolisves on his chestplate the man looked armed enough to take on the entire Sith Empire. "Since I'll go loud I'll take my pick with the fuel refinery. Takes longer for cops to get there and sneaking around a government building has never been my forte." he continued looking closely at it. A few well placed dets and that place was going to go up like the fireworks on Empire day, something Dezik was not going to miss out on.

He turned back to Lucien. "Alright then, who am I rolling with?" he said scanning the other crew members in the room. "I'm a former stormie so I'd prefer folks who know a thing or two about soldiering." he added on. Dezik removed his helmet to get a better look at the other revealing his shaved and scarred head along with a stormtrooper corps tattoo above his eyebrow. He looked back and spoke to Lucien before he could answer about the crew. "One more thing. Are they going to recognise me outside of Makeb if I go in undisguised? Stealing and blowing up rich people's property is not the best advertisement for a merc."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom