Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Familiar Silver Face

Time: Unknown​
Weather: Unknown​
Tag: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]​
Sebastian would be pacing inside his office. He had to make a call which he didn't particularly want to after seeing how his sister's body being used by a jedi. That word felt like poison to his mind. What made them so sure they were doing the right thing after all the people they had killed. All of the cultists and supporting governments that were repressing minorities. Yes perhaps they weren't the nicest groups of people. But they still deserved a chance to have their voices heard surely.

Perhaps so did she. As such he placed the call. As where Asaraa was her comm would begin buzzing with a older frequency. One that had not seen the light of day in many years. Even if she attempted denying it the frequency managed to turn off all handshake protocols on her holoprojecter. The image on screen would be someone in a full suit of armour.

The suit would ask "Are you Asaraa Vaashe?" When she replied it would take it's helmet off revealing someone who looked similar to her. "I am Sebastian Sebita. The brother to the person who's body you stole. I would like to know why you keep it and move back to your own body? Also where is my sister?"

To think, she almost hadn't answered the call, she'd almost let is slide thinking it would just be another cold caller, another message from the assembly sending her hurtling off into the cold depths of space once more. Once, just once Asaraa would have liked the council to issue her with a mission on a nice tropical planet, maybe a mission practising a technique to communicate with dolphins or some other marine life, that sounded perfect. As it was the girl threw her commling into the air, a gesture of her hand freezing it in place as she stared at the armoured figure glaring at her as her hands settled on her hips.

"Excuse me? Can you repeat that with the help files enabled? Cause let me see how this story goes, your sister you said right?" Her hand came up as she started to count of points, "Your sister and her friend kidnapped me, then she tore me out of my body and stuffed me in hers and then decided to use my body to attack and betray my friends. Ohh and then for good measure she managed to screw up so royally that she got us trapped like this." Asaraa glared at the man on the screen before taking a deep breath, he wasn't his sister and there was no point screaming at him, although it had been his family...maybe trying to strangle the hologram would be therapeutic. "So...it's not a measure of the fact that I wanted to keep this body...your sister managed to get us trapped like this and then ran off somewhere during a jailbreak. I have no idea where she is, and frankly I don't really much care. I have to live with her screw up, and random calls from...I don't even know how you got this number."

[member="Sebastian Sebita"]

Sebastain would look directly at the person in front of him. Not his sister anymore. Supposedly a jedi but certainly wasn't acting like one right at this moment as he would smile his eyes boring into hers able to tell exactly what she wanted to do. That made him smile even wider. "My my for a jedi so filled with hatred. One would almost think you are my sister and you didn't switch bodies at all but have been pretending to be a jedi the whole time." He laughed at the thought. "Such a trivial idea don't you think? So tried and failed before. Why pretend to be a jedi at all? So pretentious and pretending to be upstanding."

He would pull a seat from off the camera and bring it in front so he could sit down to look at her more. "Good thing you aren't my sister though otherwise I would have had to kill you by now out of pure spite that you could treat me so terribly just because you were better at the darkside only to be 'redeemed' or whatever they call it these days when you fall to the light. Although screwing up royally over a massive plan does sound like my sister." He mused still sitting. "She would always over think everything over analyse it to the nth degree and when it all when to feth she would often fail miserably somehow. "

He would hold one armoured hand up looking over all the parts on his fingers. "She escaped but hasn't done anything to contact me or even retake her body. How quaint. My guess is she won't trouble you again then. Not for a while at least probably licking her wounds and doesn't want help till she can prove that she can fix her own messes. Which tends to get her into more messes." Sebastian would laugh as she would ask how he got the number. "Oh please we both know you aren't the only one with supporters. The only way it makes sense if someone gave it to me. But who? You will probably think."

Sebastain would smile more rubbing his armoured hand as if trying to make it shine. "But wouldn't it be fun if it was you who gave it to me. You should really be carefully what frequencies you use around pirates. Not like they were listening anyways otherwise their little bazaar would have never fallen. What with the radio chatter going on around the place that wasn't identifiable. I could have told them but I feel it worked in my interest more to recruit the survivors." He would begin humming as if having a jolly old time.

There were vaults in the girl's mind, hidden depths that contained memories of the past, memories of a past that wasn't hers, memories of death and pain, hers and others. She'd sealed them away behind the strongest mental barriers she could build, could ask others to build for her. Yet...something got through, something always got through, in flashes of memory and in nightmares, in those little moments when you mind was drifting, they always came through. She had never gone diving into the memories herself though, never actively sought out those memories...until now.

It was like falling into a pool of darkness, memories, smells sights washing over her, pulling at her senses and her mind, till it felt that she was drowning, the pressure crushing down on her. It was like she was a spec of light, surroundd by shadows, intent on covering her, snuffing out the light...only that's all they were shadows...right?

There was a small, almost imperceptible shift in her stance as she tilted her head to the side, crystal blue gaze settling on the screen, "Sebastian, I remember you now, never could really match up to your sister or live up to her legacy. Is that what this is, still chasing after her even now?" Asaraa shook her head, a flick of her finger summoning a chair she dropped down into, crossing her legs as she stared at him. "I mean, if she was better than you at the darkside, and she screwed up so royally don't you think that's probably a sign that you might want to change careers. Although, saying that, well if you're hanging out with pirates then you can't be doing all that well yourself." The girl leaned forward, elbow resting on her leg as she propped up her face with one hand. "I assume you mean those pirates we so handily mopped up? Not really the most impressive outing for your allies, though I guess not for you too if you went slinking away. You can call it picking up survivors...but we both know they're not the most capable group you could throw your lot in with...so pardon me if you're less than terrifying. Especially if you can't even convince some pirates to listen to your plans, at least your sister managed to do something, what did you do apart from slink away?"

He had indeed judged her right. She was not a true jedi. Perhaps once she had been but in his sister's body whatever tendrils of darkness had been left behind were starting to claw back up. He smirked as she criticised him. "Accurate assessments. I never did live up to her legacy but you remember that now. I am surprised how long it took you to access those memories but they are drenched in the dark side aren't they? They aren't truly yours to hold or to keep are they? You never did conquer them only kept them hidden away and so their tendrils have started spreading slowly."

He would pull up his sword running his hand across the blade as he did so making sure it was still as sharp as ever. Force imbued swords. Useful as anything else that existed. "She did screw up royally or did she? Depends on how you look at the tasks she had. Yes the original mission was to destroy your precious SSD. She failed royally at that I won't argue otherwise. But in doing so she has began your corruption by leaving you in her body. In that way perhaps she didn't fail. As for me never being as good as her, well if you had the memories under control then you'd know why."

He snorted "Pirates indeed they are. What do you do with someone who is less than willing to work with you? Me personally I kill them or let them be destroyed. Then I get someone who is more susceptible to my commands to pick up the survivors and they get trained as groups of mercenaries in ways that would rival your rangers. You think I would put my lot in with the captain of a sinking ship or the first mate who tried his best to get his men to safety? I know which I do. You can call it slinking away or cowardice. I call it reaffirming loyalties."

Sebastian laughed "My sister managed to kark herself so royally she lost her body and got locked away for good. My sister will receive the death penalty when I find out which prison she is hidden in. My sister did nothing but besmirch her own name and that of anyone with her. My sister should have killed herself the moment everything went south. Instead she decided to attempt to live and is now in a prison where she doesn't do anything. My real sister would have broken out by now and be attempting to take you down again. That's why she was better than me. Instead she is sitting in a cell wallowing away like the hutt slug she is."

The Jedi tilted her head to the side, one hand coming up to hang in the air between them waggling backwards and forwards, as if in doubt. "I mean, you're half right, but then you'd be getting pretty used to that now, considering that's your life isn't it? Never quite managing to get your finger on the pulse of things, just kinda half right all the time." In comparison to her words there was a warm smile on the girl's face, dancing around her eyes as she settled back in her chair.

"You're not wrong, some of her memories are trapped up here," the girl reached up, one finger tapping softly against her forehead, "but then you're wrong about my never conquering them, or checking them, why would I want to they're not mine." Asaraa let her hand fall to rest in her lap, "You're right, they're steeped in anger and pain, both hers and the pain she caused other people, so why would I want to go anywhere near them unless I really had to? Who would put themselves through that kind of pain willingly. I don't now what kind of lives you and your sister ended up living but, I mean the level of pain she went through, saw you go through it's incredible."

The girl leaned forward, gesturing at her body, "Your sister was so desperate to destroy the SSD that she did this, left me trapped her, but gave me a present of all her power, all her knowledge if I need it, and you, you're so desperate to prove that you're better than her that you're reaching for the dregs. Sure, you pick up survivors, then what? You'll build up this great army...but we already beat them. When you send them against us they'll know, we already beat them. Deep down in the bottom of their hearts they're going to be scared, they're going to know that you're sending them into something that they've already fought, an opponent that they can't beat. At least your sister came close, your scraps are just gonna fall at the first hurdle."

Only half right sebastian laughed boisterously. "You could be right. Maybe I am only half right. Maybe I was never born in the right place at the right time. Maybe I am meant for some higher form of shutta slime but unfortunately you are born where you are and you adapt or die. But a jedi would not fully understand that a broken order that still can't keep the peace and was never good at a scarp either." He watched her smile. She was enjoying this. Good that was half the battle letting her get comfortable with the idea of being better.

Sebastian nodded as she spoke on the memories. "Then why keep them? why keep the body? It's not yours and the knowledge it learned you may never fully comprehend. Oh yes I remember the pain she caused. All that pain and misery. I know there are several individuals you could speak to about changing this whole affair. So why don't you? Is it the power her body gives you or the tantalising leftover scraps of knowledge it contains?"

He then frowned. "A jedi looks into a sith version of training and rather than calling it barbaric she calls it amazing. no wait incredible. Why do I feel like that's the start of someone walks into a bar joke. So it is her body, her powers what's left of her knowledge that you crave. How curious do you know if you found the right people you could learn so much more about so many things or if you asked those friends of yours you could get your old body or even a newer one potentially?"

Then he looked dead into her eyes. "You think this is about the dregs do you? About me creating this great army?" He started laughing "You think I am fighting for the common pirate and the traitor, the thief and the rebel? You are massively mistaken. They are as always a means to a end. One I may not see in my lifetime but an end nonetheless. My sister was so short sighted as to show her hand so early she was beaten her body taken and she was captured. For mine wait and see."

"It wasn't mine," Asaraa corrected as she leaned forward, glancing down at the hands resting in her lap as they clenched into fists, the pink skin so different from the rich red she'd been born with. The girl forced her hands into open palms as she held up her hands to the camera Sebastian could see her palms. "Once they belong to your sister, but they're mine now, this is who I am. It's not like we didn't try to switch the bodies back when I first got back, first ended up here. They had to strap me down every night in case I clawed my flesh into ribbons. I woke up every day and I never recognized the girl looking back at me. Can you imagine what that felt like? I had no idea who I was, what I was." I just knew I wanted to kill the person looking back at me in the mirror. Everyone tried to untangle us. From the grand master down to the master healer. No dice. We tried everything, something about the process just left us linked in some way that no-one could ever hope to undo. This is who I am now, I'm not the girl I once was, your sister made sure of that, but I'm not your sister either. I may never comprehend all the knowledge she had learned, but you're asking hte wrong question. Why would I want to? What benefit is there for me in sacrificing others to get what I want to. That's abhorrent. Like the training you went through, it is incredible, in it's barbarism. I don't know how you managed to come out the other side of it with any semblance of sanity and reason."

There was honest sympathy in her gaze as she stared at him, "And you're here trying to what, taunt me? You think that we're scared of your little army of vagabonds? The Jedi were here long before you and your kind came along to play, and we'll be around long after it. You make all the plans you want, the grand statements but in the end, do you really think you're going to be able to do any better than the great sith lords of the past? Or is this just another case of you running around, chasing after things you know you'll never be able to catch up with because at least then it's not your fault."

Sebastian shook his head. "How many jedi have come across such a thing? How would they have been strong enough to know what was happening. If you'd only gone to a sith. You have friends among the sith within the CIS. If you had have chanced it maybe you'd have your own body with your soul back in it. But they told you not to didn't they?" Sebatian looked forlorn. "Jedi are just as pretentious as sith think they know all the answers because they have the holocrons and the knowledge but both of us know that knowledge don't mean much when it comes down to split second decisions."

Sebastian would look right at her when she asked did he know what it meant. "You have seen the memories you know exactly that I felt the same. I know I had no private moments with my sister around. Always watching me. Making my life hell." He then shook his head. "Who said I came the other side unscarred. I look at my own natural emotions with such hatred and take so much pain from it that it is what gives me any form of strength. Any kind of power. Any kind of acceptance." Sebastian then taunts. "I think you mock me. You make fun of the efforts I have made to get to this point. You are no better than my sister or my masters. Jedi should be kind not hutting cold. Why do you think I responded coldly?"

Sebastian would give a sad smile. "You know for what it's worth if anything, I was hoping you'd be able to convince me into using what you had seen of me for good. After all you've seen what my sister has. You know as she did that I am not truly a sith. Never have been." He sighed as he looked sadly at her. "My sister's corruption has clearly gotten to you more than I was hoping for. This verbal sparing was to check that. Unfortunately looks like my chances are up. My time to get out of the muck over. I got there too late, got here too late. Maybe being a sith is all I am good at." He chuckled sadly. "even then I am no good."

"You don't have to be," The girl leaned forward, crystal blue eyes fixed on the image in front of her, gone were the traces of anger and darkness that had seeped into her vision just a few moments ago, gone was the hard edge to her voice. In it's place was a softness, a quiet understanding that reached out for her, wanting to wrap her arms around the man on the other side of the screen. "If you want to get out of the muck, if that was the entire purpose of this call, they why did you call me just to attack me right off the bat. If that's what you wanted then why couldn't you just be honest with me? Why did you have to play all the games? Why did you have to make me go back there?"

The memories of the dark were locked back safely behind their walls, but Asaraa could still feel their taint covering her, seeping into her pores. It felt like she was covered in dirt, in a mud she knew she wouldn't be able to get out no matter how many showers she took, not that she wouldn't try. The girl's hands came together, fingers intertwined with one another as she glanced down for a moment, teeth worrying at hte flesh of her lower lips, before she glanced up again. At this moment there was nothing about the warrior that she was, the fighter in abeyance, what was left was a look at the Jedi beneath that, the one who wanted nothing more to explore the galaxy and help anyone she came across. Full of softness and love, of kindness as she stared at him, not through him, not trying to see anything, just offering him that kindness with no need for any reciprocation. "If you'd just come to me, if you just told me what you wanted I'd have helped, I still would. What do you want Seb? How can I help you?"

Sebastain would sigh looking off to the side folding his arms. "I had to make sure the shutta wasn't pretending to be wolf in sheep's clothing. There are many things you know about my sister since you are in her body with all those memories but you need to remember I had to live through a ton of those memories. She was probably one of the few people I knew who was so superb at lying even the masters would believe every word she said." He then looked back at her upset again.

"I.....I needed you to understand who I was if you are even going to have a shot at reversing the conditioning deep in me. I am barely fighting it myself anymore. That's why I made the stupid pirate group. Empowered them so they could destroy things because my conditioning paints the jedi as eviler than the sith who are the necessary evil. Thus it was required to empower those who would support a sith claim should it ever come to pass." He said laying out the few dabs of the plan he had been given.

"I know the taint is still there. I know I have caused it to grow in my mad attempt at getting some form of redemption from my conditioning. Netherworlds bells if I hadn't tried breaking it even slightly I wouldn't even be talking. They conditioned me to be their silent assassin that uses others as mouth pieces so no one would ever know who nor why I was. No one would ever make the connections. Just if you are so sure you want to pull me out of the muck meet me here." He would send a series of coordinates. "Bring whoever you wish. I will either be there alone or with my loth wolf either way we won't put up a fight." At that the transmission would end with the coordinates remaining.

Silence reigned through the room where once an argument had raged, where voices had been raised and they'd bandied accusations back and forth. all that was left was that final transmission, the co-ordinates hanging in the air as Asaraa slumped back in her chair, her hands coming up to cradle her head. She might have made out like she was confident, that she'd managed to banish away the memories, but that had only been the thinnest veneer of the truth. The core memories were buried away, sealed behind the walls that she'd constructed, the vault that the healers had helped her make in her mind. But the memory of hte memories, she could still see them, the images playing across her mind like images in a holoplay. Images she could never quite banish as much as she tried. The sight of her hands covered in blood, the memory of a smile on her face as she moved through a crowd of helpless victims, revelling in their screams of terror and pain as lighting spewed from her fingers.

The memory of those memories was like a splinter under her skin, an icicle that seemed to have wedged itself into her soul, there to stay for all eternity. She wanted to be rid of them, to never have to think of them, to deal with the anguish and suffering that seemed so intrinsically tied to them, but she didn't think she could be. It wasn't like a possession, if anything she was the one possessing this body, this was just the natural memories of the brain. She'd been told that maybe they'd fade with time as her own memories and thoughts over-wrote them, but that didn't really help right now. That didn't help with the pain and soul-torturing agony that wracked her every time they came up, and she couldn't help but poke at it at times like this.

The girl's knees came up, arms wrapping around her legs as she buried her face in her knees, tears streaming down her face as she curled up on the chair she'd settled into. Asaraa didn't know how long she remained there, almost curled up in the fetal position as muffled sobs wracked her frame. It could have been minutes, hours or days, she had no idea. But when she raised her head, the co-ordinates still hung there, like a silent inescapable lure. She didn't know what would happen, what she'd find there...but she couldn't not go. She'd go to meet him and find out. Show owed Seb that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom