Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Duo in Science

With the knowledge recently gained from his old self, Ultimatum was beginning to filter through the plans and information from a previous life. There were a lot of ideas and designs that had apparently never been made functional. Some of them were almost achievable at the moment, but all were incomplete to some degree. Ultimatum believed he would need some help with such a task, at least to accomplish it in a timely manner.

Which was the moment where another thing he had picked up from his recent venture came in. For all of the tales of the evil of Byss, that world had granted Ultimatum more than many other planets. A sentient by the name of @Sebastion Thel stood as the key to a swift solving of his issues. He had sent a message requesting that he come to Ultimatum's location, which was an old space station orbiting a lifeless asteroid somewhere in deep space. The location was discreet and relatively difficult to find so that potential enemies would be unlikely to find them, but it also acted as a foundation for the LOOM, should it seem reliable to use it.

The small ship Ultimatum had arrived in, lay alone in the hangar of the small station. While the life support functioned, the station was in a sorry state of affairs. There was nobody with Ultimatum, no companions, no Shard, the robot stood without any suit, allowing his real body to feel the air. He had no way of knowing if Thel would show, though he trusted the sentient to take an opportunity such as this. The station was sadly lacking in regards to technological systems. There were no sensors for the space around the station, thusly Ultimatum had taken the time to repair the station's greeting systems. Then at least he would have some idea if some other ship landed in the station.

The droid stood before the aged viewport, scratches and minute dents scarred the surface and warped the view of the asteroid surface. The whole station was equally battered, but Ultimatum did not genuinely care. It could be repaired, or rebuilt if needed. Or it could be allowed to break in the depths of space.

Sebastian Thel

S
When Ultimatum had sent Sebastian a message offering him work on a series of projects, he leaped at the opportunity. The smuggler he had hired steered her ship towards the derelict space station, while Sebastian continued to decipher the coordinates on his datapad. He welcomed nothing more than a series of mechanical challenges on the far reaches of the galaxy and checked his calculations for the final time as the ship pulled in to the hangar bay.

"One way ticket kid, final stop." The lavender Twi'lek warned from the pilot's seat. With one glance, Sebastian slid the data pad into his briefcase, along with his notes and anything with which he might need to write. He hopped off the seat and offered a silent wave to the captain, before walking down the ramp and onto the hangar as the ship ascended into space.

The scratch of old machinery drowned out the infrequent beep of dying equipment, welcoming Sebastian into an engineer's delight. He observed every crevice and protruding beam, thinking that he would very much like to explore the station. With a meeting at hand, now was not the time to wonder about tinkering and he followed a series of corridors to the viewport. Ultimatum, the Force-using droid awaited him before the window and Sebastian raised his hand slightly in a wave.

"Hello friend, It's good to see you again." Sebastian said in a chipper tone as he walked towards Ultimatum. Noting the scratches and dent in the metal frame of the port, he arched his neck as he looked around with deep intrigue. He would have hoped that there might have been a table to write on, when there was none. No matter, he would have to make do with the bare surfaces available.

"I was very intrigued by your offer and hope I can be of assistance." Nodding in confirmation, Sebastian walked to the viewport and stood beside Ultimatum. He noticed that the frame of the droid was different to when he had met him on Byss, perhaps he was undergoing repairs, Sebastian thought. "Tell me about the projects which I will be working with you on." Sebastian asked while setting his briefcase on the ground, beside his feet.

[member="Ultimatum"]

As the 'welcome' noise started, Ultimatum regretted not checking the sound system before programming it to function. The short cacophony of noise that may once have been a musical tone served only to irritate the droid. At the very least, it had accomplished its role and Ultimatum was suitably prepared for [member="Sebastian Thel"]'s arrival to the bridge, whether or not it was the actual bridge Ultimatum did not know. What was apparent was that the room was lacking in machinery and even furniture that may have helped in its identification. There were a few wall terminals, only one of which functioned even slightly, and a door control, which has fortunately broken in the open position.

When Thel stepped into the room, Ultimatum watched and bowed as he reply to the greeting, "Indeed it is well to see you once more."

The droid, who had stood taller than the other on Byss, was now almost a foot shorter than Thel and thus had to look up to him when he neared. It might have been a disorienting effect for Ultimatum, had he not become used to it. It was unusual, at this point in his existence, not to inhabit one of his suits when interacting with other sentients. This was an extenuating circumstance, however, Ultimatum had felt the need for solitude and isolation in order to process the data he had been given.

Ultimatum was glad to hear that Thel was interested in the offer. The droid began with some of the more simple concepts within his memory, "The data we collected on Byss contained several release codes for designs from the company I have command of. There are ships, droids, weapons, and some miscellaneous technology. Do you have a particular interest?"

Sebastian Thel

S
A discrete beeping traveled from the sparse room which lead Sebastian into Ultimatum's presence. Standing beneath the door frame, he took a moment to analyze his surroundings in an attempt to piece together the history of the place. A mechanical graveyard, ripe for the picking of any scavenger. When the robot greeted him, Sebastian smiled and joined Ultimatum at the viewport. To his surprise, the droid stood much shorter than he had been when they had last met.

"You're shorter than before!" An almost childish remark, blurted out in the height of curiosity. "Have you been undergoing modifications?" With his briefcase resting at his feet, Sebastian turned to face the black abyss soaring beyond the pane. Being nestled deep within space brought him ease and he felt his mind relieved of every burden.

When Ultimatum mentioned the data collected on Byss, Sebastian knelt down and opened his briefcase. He left the lid open on the ground and procured a notebook, in which he had made a rough documentation of the information collected. Lists displayed the models of droids, ships and other machines, which he poured over while turning to face Ultimatum.

"Droids are my interest, as well as equipment for stations and space craft, but for now I am mostly focused on the design and programming of droids." After assisting the Sith with their space projects, Sebastian felt a change was in order and he desired to pursue his personal interest in robotic engineering. "I've been reviewing the information we recovered." He said as he slipped his glasses over his ears and read the notes. "There are several designs with which I would be happy to assist." Sebastian mused aloud.

[member="Ultimatum"]

The droid's face would have smiled, but for the fixed features. Ultimatum replied with a chuckle, "Indeed, this is my real body. The one you saw me in one Byss was a suit of armor with Upari in it. I wanted some solitude before you arrived and only have one suit at this point. I hope to produce a more diverse selection of specialized forms, and perhaps some of these designs will aid in that."

Ultimatum had, when coming to a decision about producing his body after awakening, decided that he would have a single body designed for general purpose and suits of armor built for specialized intentions. While perhaps not as efficient as creating a single generalized body for any potential mission, Ultimatum felt it would grant him greater survivability in any given occasion. His first and foremost concern, to that end, had been to produce and inhabit a body that was supremely adaptable to different suits. Thusly, his body was shorter than many other sentients.

In a minor bout of pride, Ultimatum was glad to hear that [member="Sebastian Thel"] was interested in working on droids. From his understanding, the Ultimatum from the past had been a very experienced designer, and hopefully, the designs would not require too much adjustment. But at the same time, the robot had a hope that they could perfect the designs and perhaps put some to use. Maybe a droid design could be converted into an integrated armor, which was a somewhat complicated task in and of itself, let alone trying to perfect the design first.

"There are quite a few here; I doubt we will get through them all in the time we spend here. Which ones are in particular are you most interested in?"

Sebastian Thel

S
When Ultimatum explained his circumstances and how his suit of armor functioned, Bas' face lit up with intrigue. Already formulating new ideas for a range of suits he could assist in designing, he pulled his glasses out of his pocket and slid them over his ears. He opened his briefcase on the ground and procured his notebook, in which he began to jot figures and muse aloud, muttering calculations beneath his breath as the ideas became clear in his head.

"What about a design that allows you to travel through space, or zero gravity?" Sebastian suggested while huddling under his jacket, the air in the shipwreck having grown quite cold. "Or a suit which compacts or extends into various sizes?" Raising an eyebrow, Bas awaited Ultimatum's response while he paused, tapping the end of the pen on his notebook.

Setting the notebook down, Bas retrieved the datapad from his briefcase, where he had stored the information they had recovered on Byss. He slid the tip of his finger across the screen and surveyed the various designs which had been locked away in the vault. He particularly liked the smaller designs, which were similar to the droids which Sebastian built himself.

"I like this one." Clicking the screen, Bas displayed the image of a patrol droid with blue plating and four legs. "It's designed to guard unarmed settlements." The engineer did not care for weapons or technology designed to harm and leaned heavily towards functions which were passive in nature.

"... But I prefer the smaller designs, they're more like the droids I design myself." Sebastian said as he flicked through the screens. He came across the image of a tiny analyst droid, which was designed to process information and produce a strategically based result. "This one is used to determine battle tactics, but with a bit of tinkering, I could modify it into a personal organization unit." Bas said as he read the code produced on the screen.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum was gladdened to see such enthusiasm. And their thoughts seemed to follow similar patterns; Ultimatum had indeed contemplated the production of bodies for space travel and for a short while a suit of adjustable measure, at different times of course. He hoped to revisit them at some point, perhaps [member="Sebastian Thel"] could bring some ideas to the table that would make it more practical. "I believe those are good ideas. I am interested in seeing those produced. Of course, if suits like these are produced it would be possible to turn them into suits for organics such as your self if it were to be adjusted for a power supply of course."

Ultimatum gazed through the designs, as Thel looked over them. The first design that Sebastion pointed out was new to Ultimatum, but then again most of these were. He had never realized just how prolific his previous version had been in designing machines. It made it all the more tragic that he had barely succeeded in production. The patrol droid intrigued Ultimatum no small amount. There was an idea forming in his mind, a concept for something that could use such a droid. It would need to be toned down, of course; his predecessor had been obsessed with war and creating war machines. Ultimatum had seen a terrifying design on an old databank somewhere, a massive artillery walker that launched baradium warheads. He now turned his eye to perhaps a non-lethal variant of this patrol robot.

As Thel brought up the analyst design, Ultimatum thought about it. Turning into an organization unit would be ideal. "I like it. It has a pleasant enough appearance for that. What sort of changes do you believe you would need to make to its programming?" That was the beauty of working on a design but only requiring an adjustment in programming; it could be done remotely. In fact, Ultimatum could pull up a theoretical program and then adjust as Thel spoke. Far more straightforward than trying to change the physical components in a design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom