Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Different Sort of Prey

planet_by_keyame_df7ylrj-fullview.jpg

Unspecified Planet
Rocky Desert

Darth Morrow hadn't been sure what drew her to the surface of the planet off her navigation, it was small, unremarkable and seemingly uninhabited by any civilized sapient life. Tribes scattered the desert wastes of the rock, fighting for dominance amongst themselves while barely surpassing technological advances of the stone age. Though there was something that called to the Sith Lady, a presence unlike the other pathetic tribal life this was something of more substantial nature; a potent connection to the force, something so rare in this corner of nothing that it stood out against the absence of all else around it.

The local combatants, try as they might were unable to damage the passing cloud of ash and smoke, an unknown they had never encountered as it was all but natural to their world. Morrow skimmed the surface as fast as a speeder might, however it was nothing but the force guiding her on her journey, acceleration of a non corporeal mass with one specific intent, and it would not stop no matter what was in its way.

It was then she came across the ship, alone in the canyon beside that of a pre-civilization destroyed in the midst of their insignificant wars compared to that of the galaxy, stone structures crumbled and the small semblance of farm land burnt to a crisp under the unyielding sun of the system. It was there Morrow allowed herself to become corporeal once more, black boots touching the rocky soil with a loud crunch under foot as her robes began billowing in the dry air passing through, blowing dust and debris. Sulfuric eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for the signature that drew her to the pathetic planet in the first place; and it was likely whatever she searched for could feel her oppressive power nearby.

Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas wasn’t entirely sure how he had ended up on this planet, and became increasingly confused in his decision after he had stepped off of the ship. Sure, he’d developed an interest in travelling after realising his lack of experience and knowledge regarding the galaxy. However, landing on this planet had been a bit of a rogue choice, as far as he could see, there was nothing of interest nor note. Yet despite this, something had drawn him to this planet.

“Well, uh.” He pulled his mask from over his head with a sigh, looking around with a deep frown. “Not sure about this one.” He muttered to himself. However, he’d made the effort to land and arrive here, so surely he could find something here worth his time.

However, try as he might, he was unable to see anything from his current position. The complete lack of nothingness did mean that it would provide an environment completely void of any distractions, which would be ideal for some training. He wandered back into the ship, retrieving a crate, and dropping it back down into the sand, before backing up away from it. Sure, it was very basic but nothing was wrong with going over the fundamentals. The Acolyte simply raised his hand, almost lazily, before the crate shot upwards, and floated a good few feet above the ground. He had intended to continue to play around with the force, but he suddenly noticed something, his eyes widening in surprise. Lukas tensed up slightly, the crate dropping onto the floor, as his eyes began to skin around the horizon, looking for whatever it was he had felt.

Darth Morrow Darth Morrow

As the crate dropped it would be lifted above the surface, scooted behind the man and attempting to trip him to sitting on it as sand mounded around his feet. All around him he would hear the sounds of steps crunching sand, however source less with no indentation revealing against the smooth blown surface of the dunes.

He would feel the presence grow stronger as steps grew louder, almost as if threatening to drown out his hearing, only to stop entirely. Silence filled the area as smoke began to appear, dark black fog filling a small area before him as a slab of stone jutted out from beneath the sand, a woman materializing on top as the smoke coalesced into a solid form.

Atop the outcropping was a woman of deathly pale skin, while hair fading to a deep grey, her eyes piercing sulfuric orange as they bore into him, all of this accented by pure black silk robes. She made no movement of outward hostility, though the crushing feeling of the dark side was ever present. Crossing one leg over the other, she spoke to him calmly, soft as a mother would a child.

"Quite dangerous to be on uncharted planets alone, young one. Terrible things could happen."

Lukas

Lukas

L
“Oh, wow.” His eyes widened as the crate began to move seemingly of its own accord. Lukas began to rise slowly, intending to search for the source. However, as he rose the crate hit into the back of his legs, and he dropped down on top of it. “That’s certainly something.” He mused, as the sand moulded over his feets.

Despite his seemingly calm demeanour, this was far from what was transpiring inside of his head, and these panicked thoughts became increasingly if one was to watch the Acolyte. His shoulders tensed, straightening up to try and peer further around. The mask that he had previously held in his hands dropped to the floor, freeing up both hands in case of attack, but based on what he felt, he heavily doubted he would be able to put up much of a fight.

Eventually, the Acolytes eyes settled on the smoke that seemingly materialised into a person. The sight of a potential threat allowed him to relax a little, his hands lowering down to his sides. “They could, yes.” He nodded slowly, his gaze remaining on her. “How did you appear like that? That was quite the party trick appearing out of smoke.” His voice remained calm as he spoke, but the boy was still obviously uncomfortable, as his shoulders remained tense, unable to tell what this situation was.

Morrow relished in the idea the boy was uncomfortable by her display, it was a sign he was naïve, inexperience in the ways of hiding his true self. Likely by that she could deduce he was untrained, a sensitive with no ties, or perhaps former ties. He would feel her shifting power as she observed him, looking across his featured with a slight smile which seemed etched in her porcelain skin.

"A party trick hm? What a lovely way to put it." She said softly, before the smoke shifted and she appeared behind him, hands on his tensed shoulders. "Unfortunately, it's not something I share with just anyone, even if it was just as simple as a manipulation of the force."

"Now tell me, what is someone so young as yourself, doing out here all alone?"

Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas’s shoulders relaxed as she placed her hands on them, there was little point in him being tense at this point, if she wanted to harm him then there was little he’d be able to do to react, regardless of whether he was tense or not. “A shame.” He frowned at her unwillingness to share the smoke trick, taking a moment to try and think of how the force could create any smoke, but to no avail.

What was he doing out here? That was quite a good question, one that he wasn’t entirely sure of himself. There was a long pause, before the Acolyte came up with any kind of response. “I couldn’t tell you what I’m doing out here in all honesty. Recently I took an interest in travelling, so I got on any old ship I could find, and flew out here.” He once again paused, raising his hand to idly scratch at his chin. “Can’t say why I’m here though, as I approached it, something compelled me to land and I did so, and when I saw how barren it was I figured I’d train, and then well, I fell on my ass” He shrugged at his final words, glancing back over his shoulder.

“The question goes both ways though, what is it that you’re doing out here? By my quick look around, it doesn’t exactly look like a planet prone to much tourism.”

"I sensed an untamed power on this planet, and perhaps that power rested in you, young acolyte." The woman smiled, moving to sit once more on her risen pillar of stone.

"You have a curiosity that can be directed, a willingness to learn and practice that can be honed. All of which, make for the promising beginning of an apprentice." There is was, the wolf like grin as she looked upon the boy before her, resting her hands on her legs. It was a strange sensation Lukas would feel, an unkempt connection to the force seeming ready to burst outward in a way that would destroy everything around them. But here the two were, simply talking like they weren't alone in the middle of nowhere.

"I landed on this planet in search of that connection, something I might mold into greatness. Answer me, is power something you desire?" The sulfuric eyes bore into him like a raging fire, the intrigue clear on her face as she awaited an answer.

Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas’s eyes followed her as she moved back towards her seat. “Perhaps so.” He nodded slowly, somewhat sceptical of her words initially. Although that scepticism was slowly shed away as he continued with her speech, and while he was all too aware of the remaining pressure and discomfort that he felt, he began to return her grin.

Power was certainly something that he desired, but up until this point, he had been yet to find an opportunity such as this. “Yes, power is something that I desire.” He returned her gaze, his own eyes still a dark grey in colour, yet to have fallen to the dark side's corruption. “Although, I’d wager anyone with any semblance of intelligence would wish for power, so my answer isn’t to be unexpected.”

"You say such a thing, though I have known many who wish for anything but power." Her sulfuric eyes scanned over him, the missing pupil and iris likely a disturbing sight. "For instance, a Jedi."

Morrow watched over him for but a moment, before coming to a stand. The rock she sat upon sunk back into the sands beneath them, the dunes covering it in a matter of seconds. From her side she pulled a saber of clean silver, hitting the activator switch a deep red blade with a core of black extended with the familiar hum of energy.

"Should you truly wish for power, show me what you possess so far." Watching for his movements she kept her blade pointed to the ground and off to the side. "Perhaps, if you impress me I will show you what I know."

Lukas

Lukas

L
“Very well.” He rose from the crate with a sigh, dusting himself off for a moment. He wasn’t sure he had much to show off, as his skills were still very rudimentary, or if he had even understood her request properly.

Lukas’ right hand tensed slightly, the crate lifting off the floor in front of him. After a moment, Lukas threw his hand forward, the crate flying forwards towards Morrow, while Lukas’ hands both darted down towards his belt, each hand grasping the hilt of a lightsaber. Both hilts were worn and damaged, Lukas evidently not being the first owner of these lightsabers, nor did they seem particularly comfortable or natural in his grasp once he removed them from his belt.

A pair of crimson blades ignited from the hilts, and Lukas unsquared his shoulders, sliding one foot back slightly as he raised the two blades defensively.

A grin stretched across the woman's face as he used the force to toss the crate at her, it was a dirty move. Though such a small thing was a hint to much deeper information she could know. It was deflected without a hand even moving to guide it, colliding off into a distant rock. While he readied himself, Morrow studied his form carefully, her eyes drifting to the hilts of his blades; she could see their use embedded in the metal, its imperfections and wear and tear. She made a mental note, that if she were to take this boy with her as she planned, those would need to change.

She also made note of the fact he used two separate lightsabers, a style usually reserved for the most ambitious and brutal combatants, seeking to take down an opponent quickly. It was a style once upon a time she called her own, when she was a young apprentice under Carnifex. As Lukas settled into his defensive pose, a glint could be seen in Morrows eyes as the sand shifted under him and under herself as well. It pushed and pulled to the sides to reveal the solid stone underneath, leaving a small battlefield for the two to play in.

The grin she held moments before shrunk to nothing but a small side smirk, with her saber in one hand she took a step forward, seeing if he would flinch or shift, and then in the blink of an eye she appeared right in front of him, the lightsaber moving to clash with his in a powerful offensive attack.

Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas took a deep breath, fixing his eyes on the woman, only deviating for a moment to take note of the battlefield that had been created for them. “That’s convenient.” He muttered to himself, tightening his grips on the sabres.

The step forward caused no flinch or major reaction from the Acolyte, the only real reaction being his front blade, which was held in his right hand,being lowered slightly so it didn’t block his vision at all. As she appeared in front of him, he slashed his right blade up to meet hers, hoping to either hold it in place, if only for a moment, or knock it of course entirely if he had reacted quick enough.

Lukas leant his left shoulder forwards, sliding his foot forward to close the distance a bit more, before thrusting the left blade forwards in a stabbing motion towards her stomach.

Despite his guesses, the woman did not side step away from the thrust, instead the blade pushed through her insides like a hot knife through butter; there was a sizzle as the smell of burnt flesh began filling the air, and yet; the woman did not react. Instead the grin widened ever so slightly and she dissipated to smoke, he would feel hands on his shoulder as she appeared behind him and whispered every so quietly into his ear.

"Well, I am in terrible need of an apprentice, what do you say?"

She stepped back, hitting the deactivator switch on her blade, and by the time Lukas began to turn around the hole through her was already reforming, flesh stitching itself back together with what seemed like inky black shadows.

Lukas

Lukas

L
“Oh.” His eyes widened slightly as his blade stabbed into her stomach. It was a strange sensation for him, as it was the first time he’d ever really stabbed someone, and it was a confusing experience, as he had fully expected for his attack to be parried.

Lukas stepped forwards instinctively as he felt the hands on his shoulder, whirling around to face her. “Even more convenient.” He muttered, glancing down to the already closing hole. “And you know what, I happen to be in terrible need of a master as well, so I’d like that.” He nodded, deactivating his own blades, reattaching the two hilts to his belt.

The woman regained her composure, watching the boy stab through her with no hesitation, not even a flinch. It was a trait that would be very useful, he showed no remorse, and there was no room for it in the life she was about to bring him into.

"I offer you the decision now, and this will be your only time to turn back. The life of a Sith is a difficult one, full of death and pain. You will be worked like a slave to attain a life far greater than you could ever imagine if you manage to survive. I will do my best to guide you, mold you into this greatness so that perhaps one day you could overtake even me. You will suffer, but if you stay true to your desire you will be reborn as one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy."

With that said, Morrow turned away, beginning to walk in the direction of her ship.

"This is your last chance. Follow me as my young apprentice, or stay on this rock and continue your own path."

Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas was aware of the life of a sith, many had warned him and told him of such, and he’d committed himself to this path before even having landed on this planet. As she turned and began to walk off, Lukas brushed the dust from himself and quickly followed suit after her.

After a short while of walking, Lukas came to the realisation he had no clue who he was following, and had never bothered to even introduce himself or ask for a name. “My name is Lukas, by the way.” He didn’t bother to ask her for a name, if she wished to introduce herself, he assumed she would do so without a prompt.

Morrow hadn't looked back, she knew it was a decision one had to make on their own. It was a decision one should make, rather; she remembered how it wasn't her choice, how she was sold to the Empire after the raid for force sensitives on Iridonia. Her gut twisted again as she remembered Kieran, but she pushed the thought away. As she heard the steps crunching behind her on the sand she stifled a smile; she was really about to do this all again.

"My name is Lukas, by the way." She listened to him as he caught up.

"My name is Darth Morrow, a former wife of the former emperor, and servant to the emperor to be Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , I hope you are aware this will be a far more difficult life than you realize."

Morrow only slowed as she approached her cloaked ship, with a wave of her hand the systems began to whirl to life and the old Imperial transport revealed itself. "My true vessel is under repair, its been left to rot the last decade while I was, indisposed." She said the word with great disdain, like it bothered her deeply but she kept the thought under wraps.

"We will be making way for Malsheem, where the rest of the remaining empire hides. You will be judged, scrutinized. Remember, you are now one of the few Sith left in the galaxy, they will be weary of you."

Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas nodded to her words. “I’m aware, yes, or at least I think I am.”

The Acolyte slowed alongside her, coming to a complete stop once the ship was revealed, raising an eyebrow. “It’s a lot nicer than what I came here on.” was all that he said, deciding not to question what exactly she meant by ‘indisposed’, as it didn’t exactly sound like a pleasant memory based on her tone.

He paused outside of her ship, unsure whether or not he should board it, but after a moment's deliberation, he resumed his walk towards it, however noticeably slower than he had walked earlier. “How far out is this Malsheem? My knowledge of planets is admittedly very poor.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom