Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Desert Hunt

"An evil spirit possessed you and we had to do magic...stuff...to save your life..." the Bounty Hunter answered Alwine Daye Alwine Daye grimly, having barely found time to treat her own wounds in the interim.

"I'mmz so happiez yorr allrytez..." Laertia said with sincerity, glad she had not had to put the young wolf out of her misery.

"I was quite worried myself..." Moya spoke in agreement. "It's good you survived. It takes immense strength of will to survive possession."

Maple paced around the workshop, rubbing her temples.

"There's still catching this werewolf, but now that we have purged the main source of evil in this place, I think we will be slightly safer than before. We need to find the security center. Laertia?"

Laertia closed her eyes...then promptly collapsed as her migraines hit. She rolled around the floor in agony, her cybernetic arm going haywire. Moya told the others to back off and went to her, cradling her.

Maple stood back, horrified as she watched Laertia writhe in pain, whimpering, eyes rolling into her head. Skip. The Emperor strapped her to a table and tortured her with Force Lightning. Skip. Maple began to cry as she watched Laertia suffer.

"The medicine has worn off. Her brain got too stressed by everything." Moya said, cradling a sweat soaked Laertia as tears ran down the scarred ex-Jedi's face.

The Migraine stopped, then started again. Then it finally stopped.

Laertia was unconscious. Moya injected her with an organic tranquilizer developed to be non harmful to her brain. It was slow working, but it would quell her current state eventually.

"She needs time for her brain to rest. My programming dictates that I protect her in this state." Moya explained.

"Is there anything I can do?" Maple asked, wiping the tears away.

"You can find that security center. Laertia's my job." The Android replied.

Even though it was difficult to sense Moya, Maple detected the flash of emotion.

"She's like a daughter to you..." Maple trailed.

"She had no one before The Jedi. She had no one after. I've been the only source of emotional stability she's had since she was discharged from the Order. Laertia has so many enemies she has made via sheer attrition that she can never settle down truly. We've had eight try just in the past three months. One nearly succeeded because she suffered what you just saw." Moya answered, clearing a table off with a single minded ferocity and laying the scarred woman down.

"She can't afford to hire regular help: She could never trust them. She doesn't even know how to relate to most civilians with all the lives she has taken." Moya said sadly. "I'm the first of her only two sources of happiness. Of relative normalcy. The other is her rabbits."

Maple went over to the unconscious Laertia.

"That's two sources of normal more than 'I' have..." Maple admitted quietly.

She turned back to Alwine, taking out the Quixoni containing Accalia's trapped spirit.

"Quixoni crystals are ancient crystals from a world whose sun was destroyed...this crystal...contains the spirit that attempted to permanently take over your body. Its power...is immense. This is your first Force Relic, Alwine. You have an imbued item now. It's up to you how you want to use it. This piece however..."

Maple pulled out a simple, steel colored hilt. She flashed the blade on. It wasn't the normal blue of a lightsaber, but a dull blue core with a reduced glow. It gave off no sound.

She adjusted something near the emitter and the blade turned from dull all-blue to dull all-red.

"They had a lot of parts to work with..."

(Zelda Acquisition Theme Plays)

(Alwine got The WindWhisper!)

"I'lI need help while looking for the Security Room." Maple said, also giving Alwine her lever-action rifle/pistol and her spare ammo belt, but not before demonstrating how it worked, loades, and unloaded. She had acquired much better weapons. The lever action would be relatively simple for Alwine to use and, given her smaller frame, much more mobile.

Maple then went over to the bench. She had dusted off and inspected what was salvageable, cleaned it with old oils and swapped out damaged parts...

(Zelda Acquisition Theme Plays)

(Maple has acquired new weapons!)

Weapon: BOLA CARBINE (RED DOT SIGHT/EXTENDED MAG)

Weapon: IMPERIAL SONIC BLASTER (THERMAL SIGHT)

Weapon: BLUEBOLT BLASTERS (BURST FIRE)

"C'mon. Keep close." She said to Alwine, hacking one of the ancient, barely working computer terminals to lock down the shop from this side, controllable by Moya.

"Kill anything that isn't us. I guarantee you they will not be friendly." Maple warned the Biot, who nodded back before exiting the shock, having given as much time as she could for Alwine to rest mentally. They could not afford to linger. Every second they remained in this place they were in danger. Just because the main problem had been dealt with did not make this fortress of gears and sand cleared of danger. They needed to know who else had been here besides them.

Five minutes later.

It was obvious how much her old self was calling the shots as she moved forward. It was the same way she moved at the massacre of the Tuskens...her rifle was held low to the ground.

"Rule One: Always treat a weapon as if it is loaded. Rule Two: Never point your rifle at anything you are not going to fire at, and keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. Rule Three: When moving beside or behind your team mate, never point your weapon at them. Never put yourself in a situation where you might shoot them by accident. Rule Four: Always remember how your weapon works and what its limits are, and how many shots you have left. Rule Five: Never stand in the open while shooting. Always be moving to better cover and firing angles. Rule Six: Never run while you shoot in the open. Always maintain a brisque but steady pace. Crouching or going prone improves your aim. Rule 007: Ammo is cheap. Life is not. The gun does not make you a Diety anymore than the Force does."

Ursula's words, now passed onto Alwine. Simple, practical advice. That was what Ursula had been best at.

Laertia had broken herself for that woman. Maple found herself hating Ursula a little more than usual.

Maple spotted a faded direction marker pointing to the high security section. She silently gestured Alwine to keep quiet and be ready to shoot...

She heard the roll, knew the whir as she rounded a corner, the gears in the walls turning, sand spilling into basins on tracks lining the walls.

Droidekas. They'd tripped the alarms. Anything left that could defend anything likely knew where they were.

Maple started firing as they unfurled, ancient, rusty, but still working blasters sending deadly cannon bolts their way.

Maple fired but their shields went active.

"Rule Eight: Sonics and slugthrowers go through shields!" Maple yelled, drawing her sonic blaster, firing and starting to damage one while the other continued to fire at Alwine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom