Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Day What..?

Lyra Diantha

L
Wearing: [This]
Tags: Open
Post #: 1

-------------------------------------------------

It was one of those rare occurrences where everybody's favorite redheaded dancer at The Dive was off the clock. In fact, she wasn't just off the clock, she actually had a day off. That in and of itself was unheard of, though it was usually by choice for Lyra rather than forced on her by some kind of schedule. In all honesty, the redhead liked to keep busy, and work? Well, it kept her plenty busy. She had a dedicated following of patrons who paid good money to come and see her, so why in all of the worlds would her boss say no to her working?

Well, because eventually it caught up to his credit count in what he owed her on payday. So there were the occasional days like today where Lyra was told no.

Now, she was supposed to go home, or go do something else. Sleep, spend time with friends, shop, whatever. But the truth of the matter was, she didn't really have that many friends, at least not outside of her work persona. Hell, when she was working the floor - or stage - at work, she had all of the friends a girl could ever want...and not want in some cases. Either way, when she was told that she wasn't needed for the day, she still ended up leaned against the largest bar in the joint, with the books cracked open to make sure that inventory was being upkept while Juniper was gone doing whatever it was that she was off doing.

Of course by now the boss knew she was there, and naturally he had griped at her to go home. But Lyra had smoothly declared that she wasn't working, she was only there making sure that the club was well stocked and had everything that it needed! A fact which said boss had grumbled about, but had left her alone about regardless. It had made Lyra smirk triumphantly, amused that she could get even the grouchy, ill-tempered boss-man to give her, her way when she wanted it.

As it stood right now, the club was open to whomever. There weren't a lot of dancers out working just yet, but the kitchen was open and one of the bar tenders was mulling about. By dinner time the place would be packed to the gills, but right now? It was a calm environment. Soft music, just enough for the few girls around to dance and entertain to. Honestly there was absolutely nothing that Lyra was going to miss out on by not being here, but honestly? What else did she have to do on her day off?

Another planet, another job. Another job, another ambling.

He had to admit that it was very clever of his mark to hide on a planet like Soceras. The lights, speeders, crowds and criminals flooded the air as far as the eye could see. It was for that reason that it was that much easier for him to track his target and collect yet another payday to feed him and his insatiable appetite for hedonism. The self proclaimed tall, dark and dangerous hunter would also have been inclined to tell the first person to ask that Soceras was one of his favorites.

Or at least that was his reasoning for dropping by The Dive with little but a smug grin on his face and a small lining of credits to bolster his worth for a quick drink and possible company. As such it was the bar that he found himself seated at as the rest of the club slowly crawled into it's daily repertoire of callous disinterest for investment into the individuals who came and went; at least for anyone who wasn't one of the many employees. It was well known, at least in passing to him, that the dancers were the finer attractions.

Downing part of a glass of Corellian Ale, the glass already half empty, the half epicanthix hunter tilted his head as he was joined at the bar. A man of a rather tall and sturdy gait bringing himself to the seat next to him with a disposition that practically wreaked of violence. Perhaps it had been so long that Jaster had been in the game, been a man hunting kriff knew whose friends and rivals, but the likes of this newcomer was hardly enough to cause more than a slight twitch in his brow.

"Look, friend, I'd go have your drink at the other end of the bar. This spots taken and I'm not really in the mood for getting covered in blood a second time today," he taunted fairly blatantly to the man as he shifted himself so he was partially facing him. While the man hardly showed any interest in registering the threat, Jaster cocked a brow and gave him the most charming smile he could muster as he slipped a small vibroblade from his belt and pointed it at the man just under the countertop.

"Like I said," He said as he pointed towards the other side of the bar with his quarter full glass. His posture had changed slightly, his shoulders slackening a little as his face started to reflect something a bit darker in his eyes when the man gave him a skeptical, yet vicious grimace. "The other side of the bar is empty, The Dive doesn't want a scene and I'd really love if you'd respect my personal space."

The man stood up and took a few steps away, but Jaster could tell this was far from over.

Lyra Diantha

L
Tags: Jaster Vekarr Jaster Vekarr | Open
Post #: 2

---------------------------------------------

It seemed as though her day of simple tasks about the club was not going to be so simple after all. Lyra had been most definitely been very aware of the exchange that had just happened only a few feet away from her, and while she had of course not seen the full extent of it, she was by no means an idiot. She watched the one man rise from the seat he had only just claimed and move down the bar, and her when her gaze fell back on the one still seated in place, her fingers drummed once or twice against the bar top.

"That was not very nice," she point out to him. It wasn't as if she was too far away to hear, after all. "How do you expect to make new friends with an attitude like that?" Naturally, she did not expect for this stranger to want to make new friends, but that was hardly her point. "You go and push people away like that, then grudges are held, fights eventually break out, and then you go and ruin my day off."

Both of her brows lofted, and she had shifted so she had an arm laid over the work in front of her and her weight was leaned against the bar more heavily. "And I don't get a day off very often. So I would most definitely appreciate it if everyone," she made sure to glance down the bar at the other guy for emphasis as well. "Would just play nice today, hm? Makes my job - or rather my lack of job today - much, much easier."

It hadn't taken long for someone else in the club to notice his apparent antics. Faster than he'd expected, and a bit more obvious, but they'd noticed none the less. Though it was of an expectantly high likelihood in the mind of any who knew him that that was always his immediate intention. One didn't parade themselves around the galaxy with a thrill seeking repertoire and expect people to simply look the other way.

"Nice isn't exactly my thing, lady," he breathed, closing his eyes for a moment as he listened to the woman make her presence known. Furrowing his brows in tandem with his impression of her intrusion he turned his head towards her and raised his brow again with a somewhat disinterested look. "I took a job to hunt down some son of a gundark and then this guy followed me half way across this city to get even."

He indicated the other man with his free hand as he tucked the vibroblade in his other further out of sight. His expression softening, his eyes reflecting more interest than distaste as he got a better look at the spectacle that was now gracing his personal space with her presence. Shifting himself so he could lean his elbow against the bar, his attention now fully on her, he curved his lips into a smirk and gave her a once over while he composed the thoughts littering the confines of his head.

"I think we got started on the wrong foot, Red," he uttered as he grabbed his still partially filled drink and pressed it to his lips for a quick sip before setting it back down. "Since he so kindly took the hint, and gave me my much needed space, how about I promise I won't be the one to start any fights or arguments that could ruin your day? Maybe I can buy you a drink or something and we can talk about how I've been to this world at least a dozen times and never seen a looker like you before. Hm?"

Sure it wasn't the most practical or nonchalant approach, but it was the one that he was very sure would work in this particular setting. If it bit him in the end than that would be yet another mark to add to his list of complications.

And it was a long list.

Lyra Diantha

L
Tags: Jaster Vekarr Jaster Vekarr | Open
Post #: 3

----------------------------------------------

It was almost amusing how quickly the temperament of most men - and hell even some women! - changed when they would turn about and come face to face with Lyra. Now, by no means was the redheaded dancer conceited, but she was most certainly proud of the way she looked. It had taken a lot of work to maintain her figure, her ability to dance and move the way she did. The face she was blessed with naturally, but the rest? The rest was hard work. Despite that fact, she saw no need to be smug about her appearance, not unless she was on the clock either on stage or pacing the floor.

But, having a pretty face and a calm personality did help to pull a lot of heads out of rear-ends. And this seemed to be one of those very cases.

Lyra had arched a brow the moment this patron had shift himself around so that he was better facing her. There was the slightest touch of an amused smirk adorning one corner of her mouth. "Red, hm?" well, it wasn't the most original name she had been called in this place, but it was certainly one of the cleanest, and that she could appreciate. "I would most definitely appreciate not having to clean up any messes today. I'm not even supposed to be here doing inventory, after all." She tapped the lists in front of her for emphasis, then sighed as she shift her gaze from him to said lists.

For a long moment she seemed to be thinking, debating hard, and again the fingers of one hand drummed against the bar top as she did so. And then the lists were scooped up, and she leaned over the bar so that she could place them well out of harm's way before righting herself and moving the distance that had been between herself and this stranger.

"Alright, a drink can't hurt." she agreed, and seated herself after nodding to the bartender. Her full attention then went to her current companion. "If you've never been here to The Dive before, then that would be the very reason you've never seen me. As you can probably tell, I'm almost always here. Whether I'm supposed to be or not..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom