Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A day at Yutan (Jedi Social Thread) (Open)

(OOC: The focus of this thread is what your daily life would be like on Yutan. Character development. What do you do with a typical day off?)

The Temple Grounds

She was by a water fall. It was late day, with the sun turning the vines of the gardens orange. Beside her the waters ran and in front of her, stones rose in sequential order. With one flattened palm out she was practising a simple force telekinesis drill, trying to improve her speed.

From nearby a Rodian clad in the traditional brown robes of the Jedi Order watched, keeping a close eye on her technique.

It was between missions, and nothing much was going on in her life right now. So she was getting her training in. In fact today for some reason most of the Order was home under one roof. One of those flukes of destiny, or perhaps it was the force willing. Needless to say they were all going about their own daily affairs. It was something like a weekend for them all.

"How much longer do I have to do this?" She asked, moving two rocks up and one rock down.

"Until you get it right. Less than thirty seconds to complete the sequence. You should have already gotten this training from the Silvers. You are behind the general baseline of most younglings."

"Considering I'm not a Youngling Master, not really. My focus was healing."

Yutan- Temple Gardens

---------------------------------------------

"Well if your focus was healing then what are doing as a Sentinel? Wouldn't you be better suited to study the Paths of the Consul?"

She grimaced and pressed her lips into a thin line. Determination graced her features at the Masters quip. It wasn't vengeance for the remark, rather a dogged determination to prove herself. The way of the Sentinel was his baby after all.

"Watch this."

Stern eyes bored into the rocks like laser beams. Her focus narrowed down to a single point and the world slowed. Each heartbeat, each breath, each rustle of a leaf was captured in perfect still silence.

Serenity.

Then the rocks began to soar, whipping faster and faster until they were turning cycles over and over. They continued on their haphazard path. She pushed herself, opening herself up to all the force had to offer. She drank the life of the area and let it flow through her like a raging waterfall, waters clean and pure.

She was a conduit now, a vessel being moved by the will of the force.

She was gone.

"That's enough."

A firm clap on the shoulder broke her meditation. As the rocks collapsed she collapsed as well, sprawling to the moist cool earth.

"Nice work. But you put too much stock in it."

"I....."

"Do you want to know something young lady."

"Um...."

Her world was spinning, and the Rodian Master crouched over her, grinning with his reptile like features.

"You can't be the best at everything. But you do show an aptitude for telekinesis. In fact I bet if we trained you as a mentalist you'd make one of the finest Sentinels ever seen in the History of the Order."

"You can.... teach this to me?" She asked, regaining her composure to shoot an eyebrow up.

"Not when you're on your back on the ground. Get up. Next is Saber drills, then we'll discuss it more."

"Bet."

And she was up, with a gentle nudge from him.

"You remember the candle drill yes?"

"Somewhat."

"Show me."

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
For some reason she could not help but look in amusement at [member="Karren Trask"] and her current lesson with lifting rocks, seems as though she was getting frustrated with the current task. Though a very.... unconventional Jedi, Tin'tinag understood what the Rodian master had said one can not be good at everything, one must play to their strength and focus of learning what they can only after that can they branch out into new skills.

She decided to approach the two, a bit bored at the moment as well as interested in that was going on, "Good day to you master, padawan, I hope I am not interrupting anything. She had come into the lesson just before they started their saber practice, truth be told she could always use some more of that. The followers of Ren method of training was usually putting you up against Sith driods with training sabers, only ending once you were out for the count. Even though the Rylothian had become proficient in Djem So due to said training, it was always good to go over a more genital way about it, as well as the basics.

[member="Karren Trask"]

[member="Tin'tinag"]

Twas just before she was going to stretch that the Twi'lek woman approached. The Rodian grinned and bowed.

"A good day to you too. Come to join us? Take a place beside Padawan Trask if you will then."

Karren looked the Twi'lek over and then nodded. The drill was a simple one, one that she had practised many times. It was a drill for precision control of ones blade. Any fool could swing a lightsaber. A Sith could make a hay maker out of every swing, but that left a gap in their defenses. A huge gap that the candle drill sought to teach it's student to exploit.

"Names Karren Trask, Sentinel. Nice to meet you....ehhhh. What was your name again?" She asked.

The Master set up the candles for them now. Twenty five candle sticks, of varying lengths and widths. On each was settled a ball bearing. The objective was to strike the bearing and cleave it, but not harm the candle. One drop of melted wax was a failure.

"Are you ready?"

She thought about throwing off her cloak, but then resisted.

Train as we must fight.

"Ready."

"Proceed."

Tin'tinag

She gave a slight bow to the master before coming closer, interested in what exercise they were going to be doing. Though skilled with a blade Tin'tinag still needed refinement in her swing, to often reverting back to electro staff fighting and martial arts in duel instead of using her Djem So form. That was to say she was not a skilled duelist, the harsh training as a disciple of Ren had made her a little more proficent with her saber staff then most padawans at the temple.

"Nice to meet you too [member="Karren Trask"] I'm Tin'tinag.... just that no last name", she responded carefully to the other padawan while the master set up the text, her voice carrying a typical Rylothian accent.

She removed her saber off its place on the belt, ready to begin the test but would let Karren go first, taking the time to remove her navy blue robes revealing a light brown undershirt.

[member="Tin'tinag"]

The Gardens

She did indeed begin. As the air split with a thrum and a hiss her emerald blade ignited. She breathed deep, catching the scent of the salty water and the musky moss on the stones of the garden. As soon as her blade ignited she adjusted her grip, choking up on the hilt.

She struck twice, raising and lowering the blazing beam of energy. It was precise and controlled, as expected. A simple flick of the wrist and then a lightning fast retraction. Two of the ball bearing flew from the candles tops, cloven in half. Then she pivoted, on the fore of her foot and struck two more. One she put too much force into.

Candle wax dripped down the side and she sensed it immediately. A silent frustration began to take hold, making her grip tense and her muslces tighten. She breathed again, trying to establish a cyclical rhythm.

"Slow down, center yourself."

"Yes Master."

She reset her guard, blade behind her in a reverse grip and palm forwards.

The blade buzzed again, she pivoted, stuck, pivoted, struck and repeated the cycle until she was done.

Then the hilt came to the fore and she collapsed the blade with a sizzling sound.

"How was that,?" She asked, eyebrow raised.

"Better. Tin Tinag, you go."

Tin'tinag

She watched with interest as Karren went about the exercise, starting of with simple swings, up a down, she had control, and poise, but looked a little tense in her action, this led to her slipping up on one attempt. She continued to watch until called forth giving a quick too to Karren, "The light saber was an extension of ones self, the blade controls you just as much as you control it, think of it like a interment relationship, you can't force it, it needs to be natural, almost second nature, not though about before hand".

She approached the candles, taking her saber staff and igniting one end, the yellow blade complimenting her orange skin and brown shirt. She breathed slowly, relaxing but keeping a firm grip, holding the light saber in a double hand reverse grip. Her arms stretched out in a fine and fluid manner, slicing the ball bearing cleanly in half. She then flipped the blade around into a two handed forward grip going over to the next candle, taking a relaxed stance and again doing a quick slice, this time up and down, almost touching the candle.

She continued this process for all the candle, only once, barley touching the wax, "I think I need a little more practice, that took a bit longer that I though it would, so how did I go?"

[member="Karren Trask"]

[member="Tin'tinag"]

The Gardens

Karren smirked and nodded.

"Not bad at all. You almost did better than me. Hit the first two kinda hard."

The Rodian Master chuckled and rose from his cross legged position, dusting off his tan tunic.

"Well that'll be all from me today Karren and Tin'Tinag. I'm afraid I have to get back to the Library. I owe a few more folks some training today. You two have fun now. Karren, same time next week."

And then he was gone and she found herself facing the Twi'lek girl. She had few questions right out of the gate, but held them in reserve. With one hand she lifted the ball bearings and set them back into a bag, before summoning it to her. Then next the candles. When she was done she waved her palm, clipping both on her belt.

"Well I have to go turn these in and get a bite to eat. Care to join?"

Tin'tinag

Tin gave Karren a fake hurt look, feinting being hurt, "Suck rudeness coming from anther Jedi, I've taken punches to the face that have hurt less then that comment".

"See you later Master" She gave the Rodian master a wave as he walked away, though the student of anther Rutian Twi'lek Tin'tinag often wandered around the temple taking different lesson from those willing to teach, most likely due to her past/current life as a smuggler.

"Sure I'd love to join you for lunch, what do you fancy"? She walked up beside Karren, noting the partially quizzical look form here, most likely due to Tin'ting being a relatively new member, or the slight amount of the dark side still inside her.

[member="Karren Trask"]

[member="Tin'tinag"]

The Mess Hall

Karren smirked.

"Criticism is a natural part of getting better."

They found their way to the mess hall. It was large, rectangular and draped in the color of the Commenor Systems alliance. A brilliant fire blazed in the hearth and a subtle wind fluttered the banners. There was all manner of Jedi here to day. Some large, some small, some human, some alien. Karren turned the training aides in and got herself a tray.

"Food's this way."

She moved to the line, and began heaping veggies and meats on her plate. She was small, but she ate a lot.

"How did you come to join us here?" She asked, floating a glance Tin'tinags way.

Just as the two women entered the dining hall Phoenix would enter herself, she was starving. She would jump in line right behind the two women and begin moving along the line and smile speaking "How goes it?"

[member="Karren Trask"]
[member="Tin'tinag"]

[member="Phoenix Paris"]

Pheonix was a new face. Someone Karren hadn't seen yet and judging from her looks she'd just showed up. Though this was no longer the main Jedi Temple, they still got a fair amount of visitors. The question that ran through her mind was if she was a fellow Padawan or a drifter, coming through for work.

"Good and you? What brings you Yutan today?" She asked, scooping another heap of veggies and pointing to an empty table in the middle of the hall.

"I'm going to sit there."

"Im doing well, training a lot of training" Phoenix said moving right along until the end, she was hoping that these ladies would be her friends as she could use all the friends she could get while she was here

"I will join you if you dont mind" She said gently

[member="Karren Trask"]

Tin'tinag

Tin walked along next to [member="Karren Trask"] into the cafeteria, "My tale, brightest path it is not, but I will enlighten you to said story over some food, it might take a while to get through it all". Upon getting in light a familiar voice sounded form behind the two. Turning around Tin'tinag vision fell onto the Twi'lek woman, instantly recognizing her as the new Padawan she had given a quick tour and sparing match to, [member="Phoenix Paris"].

SHe allowed Karren and Phoenix to talk for a bit before stepping in, "Certainly Paris, I'd like to here how your training has been going, we will have to spar some time again". The trio walked together in the line while collection the food, making idle chit chat, "So Paris, how have you been finding the temple so far, is it up to your liking".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom