Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A CrimeLord's Beneditction

And James would not, he could not, abide by that. Word had it that his criminal city of Dal'bor was being infiltrated. Those who were captured were fanatics to the extreme. Most chose to fight to the death. The few who were captured chose death over all. They were unbreakable in torture, but James did not care. They needed to be dealt with. Permanently.

But this was about more than a protection of power. This was about his people. Rumor was held that these infiltrators were planning terrorist strikes. There had been three in the last three months, killing 100, and injuring 75 more. They were looking for answers. James was giving them. He televised the captures and brutal deaths of those who planned it. Yes, it was extreme, but it sent the message. These people knew they were safe. These infiltrators knew they would pay dearly for whatever they tried to do next.

But they were still there. They were still being uprooted. James was running out of options and time was by far not on his side. He needed action, decisive action that would end this for good and protect the people he had worked so hard to pull from the mud and filth they had so long known.

A contact that he had made a deal with before came to mind. He was a lawyer but he would do. James looked over his city's skyline as the sun was setting. Soon it would be nightfall, and night would presume upon the city for 24 hours. It was long enough to do what had to be done. If they hurried. If they were swift and showed no mercy.

[member="Matthew Rei"]

The warmth had faded and the sounds of the night had set in. Matthew stood on a balcony overlooking the city. He sipped from the glass he had been offered and tried to attune to the sounds of the city. He and [member="James Justice"] had gone silent as the pleasantries had been swapped, just as society had taught them to do at the drop of a hat. Two solemn men, who had gone through so much, still instinctively clinging on to the threads of society that they were both trying to protect.

With one hand on the railing and another around the condensing glass surface of his drink, he turned his ear in James' general direction as he said,

"What's going on, Captain? Lawyers aren't typically called 'til the Sith well and truly hits the fan. What matters of state may I assist you in this time?"

James stood with a cold look at the city as it began to light up for the night. Neon lights came to life, flaunting the many goods of the city. He could feel the people's general feeling as much as he could see it. They were worried. Terrified. They thought that death would come, and they were right.

"Two weeks ago a bomb in a nightclub blew up, killing 55, wounding 30," he began, "three weeks before, a shrapnel bomb in a general store killed 25, wounding 26. Three months ago another bomb went off and killed 20, wounded 54," his face went from cold, to set in stone. Rageful even. "We have found the cells responsible and killed them. Tortured them first of course, but they were military. Beyond military, like a religious military cult."

He calmed himself a second, taking a drink, "The explosives contain trace amounts of isotopes found in Bankor Ultima, on the other side of the globe," James searched for the right words for the city, "The Communistic Regime of Bankor, ((CRB)) is tight-lipped to begin with. The tension between them and this city goes far and wide, and some of it is deserved. A few of the few terrorists we still have remaining alive have connections to some of the military. I want you to do your magic. Before a war erupts."

[member="Matthew Rei"]

That's probably the first time someone said the word "magic" and was referring to something other than the Force. At least, it was for Matthew.

"I'm all fine and dandy to bippity, boppity, boo this to a peaceful resolution, but I'm going to need more to go off of than just that. What exactly is our "in" here? The way you spell it out, there doesn't seem to be a diplomatic connection worth using. Are you wanting to circumvent the government by going directly to these military contacts?...I'm sorry. You're already likely worried enough about this city without me instantly pouring over a bunch of details...."

He set his now-empty glass on the ground at his feet, as he didn't want [member="James Justice"] to know that he could sense the whereabouts of a table a few feet away.

The question was fair enough, but the spacer was neither a master of politics or law. Of course, he knew the basics on how to avoid detection for smuggling and he knew the political mastery needed to be a crimelord, but the man lacked what was needed most in this case, a knowledge of the interworkings and loopholes in the law that would provide a way out without a war.

"I want you to use the tools in your belt," James said looking at Matthew from the corner of his eye. "I want you to bring them to me. Find a way. And I want you to find out how far up this conspiracy goes. Money is no object; bargain for the prisoners, use the intergalactic law, I don't give two rat chits."

The spacer waved to one of his desk jockeys, the man came towards them bearing a load of paper. More specifically a box with papers in them.

"This man behind you has all the known information on what goes in and out of Bankor," James explained, 'Imports, exports, allies enemies, outstanding debts, those they have lent money to, everything. Don't ask how I got it. We transcribed this intel into Brail for you. In return, as I said, money is no object."

[member="Matthew Rei"]

"It's likely that the CRB won't extradite one of their own, especially for an enemy. So, even intergalactic law is unlikely to produce results without force and, subsequently, war. Will it be safe for me to visit the CRB or are foreigners shot on sight?"

Then, the desk jockey came forth, hoisting the box of papers. Matthew sighed inwardly. Paperwork.

"I'll take this all to go. It will make for "good" reading on my trip halfway across the planet. This problem needs to be dealt with at the source."

[member="James Justice"]

9c4a9f3819e6e99d65515c62ec0c5119.jpg
"I will go with you," James assured him, "and my guards will be on hand to help take care of you in case things go south. The CRB are not favorable to outsiders, however they are not stupid enough to risk their power for something as small as this."

The Cardinal Comany 2nd Rangers, and of course the Tsubasano Senshi, James knew, would follow him to death and beyond if he asked. the few hundred elite soldiers would be more than enough for James and this lawyer to be safe, James knew.

"I will get the convoy ready, expect to leave in half an hour."

The ride to Bankor was, long, for most people's standard. However, for James, who was accustomed to traveling halfway across the galaxy or further to go where he needed to, it was short. The spacer spent his time working on a few projects, sealing deals, and all manner of other projects. He had quickly learned how to be productive on the go. Especially since he was both on the go and productive all the time.

Boarder check to get into the city was extensive, taking hours in that itself. The smuggled weapons that James' guards had were easily slipped past the boarder, thanks to James' experience as such. When they passed through the gates into the city, the tragically sterile and auster nature was apparent. Guards, both organic and robotic stood at every corner. Propoganda was rampant, delcaring that the gods and Force were dead, instead the Governmental counsel was the answer to all problems. The people all wore similar clothing; grey, drab coveralls made from some less-than comfortable material.
"This is what society looks like when we finally fail, a fate worse than death," James mused.

[member="Matthew Rei"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom