Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Crack in the Cage

New Alderaan.

She knew very little of the history of the galaxy. Even less of the planets that came before those that stood with titles like new in their name. What she did understand comprised of what she could see, feel and learn from others around her. And for the matter of understanding: New Alderaan was a beautiful shadow of the planet that had once held it's name.

Or so that was what the legends said.

Though, even as she gazed out at the beauty of the lands of New Alderaan, she knew that the aesthetics and history of the planet were not why she was there. The thought rang through her mind as she lifted the small device of a communicator up where she could see it and played back it's recent message once more.

There were few words in the message she cared to remember, fewer still were the images she could use to direct herself to just who had sent this planets coordinates to her. All she really knew of the message and it's sender was that he was a man capable of giving her the escape she desired. An escape from obligations she dared not fulfill against her own desires; obligations to goals and ideals she knew were solely those of the woman who had raised her.

Tucking the device into a small pocket once more, she stepped forward towards the railing of the starport vip balcony and once again returned to watching the vast beauty that lay before her. Even should this meeting go awry of whatever it's intended purpose might be, at least there was something to be had from coming to such a wondrous world. Even were she not able to learn the true history of the world that had come before it, New Alderaan was a far greater home for a woman like herself than Coruscant had ever been.

databank_alderaan_01_169_4a5264e2.jpeg

Velran sat on the throne room his long pointer finger furiously tapping on the armrest. A wife and child stood below him trembling in fear. "Don't worry!" Velran said. "Son and wife!"

"Um Grand Moff." Jan the Inqusitoris who guarded the throne as well as a company of Eggtroopers who were patrolling the massive throne. "The wife's name is: Idra while the son is: Jyth."

"Oh yes!" Velran said smiling placing his fingers on his moustache stroking the large strands. "I know! It's just slipped my mind while I am waiting for their beloved husband and father to come!"

He tried to sound convincing but in truth Velran came across like a bored man looking for something to do. He wanted to become what's considered a "good" ruler ever since his disaster on New Alderaan which led to half of the population as well as his entire Stormtrooper corps rebelling against him. With the help of the Empire of the Lost and his Clone Army, Velran pacified the rebellion and blew them all to hell so badly that the entire population got the message: Do not cross the Velran.

Of course, It meant that the Empire felt that Velran owes them something. He contributed his Clone Army and a couple of his creations, but those fools felt like they owned him. This Empire of the Lost with the way acted felt like the old Empire: Stagnant and entitled. He needed to do something. "Moff Kilran." Jan whispered. "She is here."

"Oh Lora Vekarr Lora Vekarr !" Velran said. "Tell her to come here and have her see my benevolent rule!"

Jan took out his holoprojector signaling Lorra of Velran's location while Velran leaned on his throne chuckling with glee. "I AM A GREAT RULER!" Velran shouted. "YES I AM!"

It hadn't taken long for her to receive indication that her host was ready to meet her. She had sensed an air of chaos moments before the device in her pocket pinged, ushering her to pull it free and view the location indicated on it. She knew little of her host, little of the group that was offered as shelter from the prying and unyielding eyes of her mother.

And so she proceeded with what guard she could muster.

Leaving her attendants behind, glancing back at a handful of former troops of the Eternal Empire, she took her time wandering the halls of the city. She was not one to pass up on the chance to witness beauty in it's finest nature, her relief of witnessing it over the coarseness of the cityscape that was Coruscant much apparent to any who could sense it.

When she'd finally arrived at the throne room that had been indicated to her, she couldn't help but pause and contemplate on the feeling she'd felt earlier as a family passed her by hanging with uncanny dread and despair. Quick to shrug it off, the matter well outside her interest to contend herself with, she waited for the doors of the chamber to open before stepping inside and looking towards a man upon his throne with an attendant not far away.

She easily presumed him to be her host but could not help but tilt her head slightly as she took in his appearance. He was not at all what she might have considered or imagined, but then she had been given nothing at all to begin with. Pushing past this thought, instead focusing on the air of radical, almost psychotic, confidence about him, she strode closer to the throne and took a moderate yet postured bow.

"I presume thanks are in order?"

"Ah Lorra!" Velran said as he saw the young raven-haired woman grace his presence. The woman and child cowered beside the Emperor their tear filled eyes gazing at the new arrival. "It's about time I say!" he said. "If you were any slower your parents would've caught you and I would have been in trouble...... except I won't be because I'll just deny everything!"

Velran gave an uproarious laugh slapping the arm of his throne with the palm of his hand. Lorra was the one who contacted him about joining the Empire after fleeing from her family. Velran at first wasn't going to even entertain her and even thought of sending his fleets to flatten her home planet out of annoyance. Yet Lorra promised Velran power and influence through her connections and political acumen. Though Velran believed that those who had the armies always wins, it was best to have some sort of political legitimacy even if Velran hated it.

"I'm joking," Velran said. "As you might have guessed......

He took a deep breath and broke out into a song. "But what can I say except you're welcome! You're a free girl thanks to me! Hey it's okay except you're welcome! It's like meeting greatness it's destiny!"

A pause took hold before Velran coughed. "Yes....." he said. "So welcome young Lorra I've been expecting you! I trust you find New Alderaan to your liking?"

Lora Vekarr Lora Vekarr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom