Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A conversation with the Archbeacon

5m5qOKV.png

Objective:
Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

The Ceremony had been conducted without a hitch and now Antonio Borgias stood at the threshold of his church wishing the attendees their best. He leaned and quietly spoke to his verger, a young human girl in a flowing golden dress "Is that sixteen or seventeen this season?".

"Actually its eighteen, seventeen ceremonies, but there was that double wedding, the two brother, remember, at the start of the season."

"Ah yes, lovely ceremony that one, a little rushed for my tastes, I think the four of them were very pleased."

"They were, the two chaps in the second marriage sent that lovely letter didn't they. Oh, before the next batch of handshakes, the priest from the Kaisereich has arrived, she in the gardens for after the ceremony, I have advised your wife that you might be a little late."

"Thank you, that is perfect."

The archbeacon had his words cut off by a large gentleman from one of the marrying families grabbing his hand and shaking it, he felt a wad of credit notes arrive in his palm, the tips from the families here were huge, almost embarrassing, but they would fund several projects in the less fortunate areas of the parish so Antonio would not do anything to dissuade them. "Ashla be with you" he bowed his head respectfully.

After a few more minutes the last of attendees had left and Antonio was able to excuse himself. He removed his long robe so was just in a smart black trouser and suit combination with his Ashlan symbol hanging from his neck. Epica was a warm planet, wandering the gardens in full vestments would be too much. Antonio had been made aware that the Kaiserreich was sending a small envoy to aid with some humanitarian missions that were now funded. This woman was a few days ahead of the rest of the mission but he would be glad to meet her. She was a young Sister called Mariana, recently moved from the Order of the Sister's of Ashla onto the clergy, not a move that had been made before, but a very noble one.

Walking out the back door of church the bright sunshine walmed his face, a light mist from the sprinkers misted the air as he walked past a large rose bush that one of the gardeners tended to. He stopped very briefly to look at the flower heads they were very beautiful. Antonio had been on Epica for twenty years now and every day he still thanked Ashla for this jewel. Cant tarry too long, it would be terrible to make a bad impression on this young faithful. He continued down the gardens towards a pagoda that his staff would often direct his guests too. The perfect place to read a little holo-literature while you wait.

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:
Business, Espionage & Faith

S I S T E R⠀ M A R I A N A
TAGS: Antonio Borgias Antonio Borgias

'Gradual of Eleanor of Brittany'

Meandering slowly through the gardens of Nostra Signora del Paradiso, Sister Mariana awaited the arrival of Epica's Archbeacon, Antonio Borgias~ an affluent individual who oversaw Ashla's influence over the planet and was a sibling to the Holy Ashlan
71zzAmV.png
Papacy's own figurehead, Cardinal Pietro. "Thank you, praise be to Ashla," thanked Mariana as she had been directed to the gardens by the church's own verger, a lovely young lady who she had simply exchanged pleasantries with before leaving the priestess' company to alert the Archbeacon of her presence.

Seeming arriving at the perfect time, Epica was a sight to behold; truly a marvel of Ashla and a gift to her people. Sister Mariana had arrived a few days prior than her mission as her work was primarily mission and community based~ taking her all around the galaxy to provide spiritual and humanitarian support to those outside of the crusades' borders; similar to the work she would be conducting on Epica with her mission.

As she waited in the stunning, well-kept garden of the church, she couldn't help but straighten her habit; Epica had a lovely climate and she was thankful to find her attire was constructed with
p7Y5kNE.png
breathable materials although it differed greatly from her Ashlan battle armour, a welcome change as war was not her forté.

Serving as a militant Sister of Ashla however granted her the ability to transfer into the Papacy and take on the role of a priestess of Ashla; looking for a more positive role to accommodate for her more moderate beliefs made the move an easy decision.

As Sister Mariana continued to meander the gardens while waiting, she couldn't help but notice an
unusual flora kept within the shade, exceptionally well-pruned and tidy alongside a number of other plants and trees~ must be native. Leaning in to inspect the plant, she'd wonder about its nature and properties; just how she pondered about the Archbeacon and Epica..

5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objective:

"It's called a Jack-in-the-Bush, the actual name escapes me, pretty isnt it? It's medicinal too." Antonio announced as he walked up behind the young woman who could only be his guest Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , noticing that she was observing one of the plants in the cathedral garden. "Good afternoon, Ashla be with you. Sister Mariana I presume? I'm Antonio, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.".

The garden was mostly empty, save for a pair of gardeners who mostly keep out of the way, sunlight flickered in and out of the trees as a warm breeze blew through. As the woman turned round look at him he took her in, she looked a little like his wife when she was a little younger, certainly had the look of an Epican about her. He would allow her the chance to introduce herself and then continue. "I hope your journey from the Kaisereich was pleasant, did you come in one of those fancy new shuttles?" he grinned, it was unlikely due to her rank, but the convenience was wonderful if there was one going that way. Epica was en route to the Imperial Capital, times had Ashlan diplomats made stop overs on Epica, several had even taken away bottles of his vineyards small batch of wines.

"There is a little shaded area ahead with some seating if you'd care to join me. I know those habits can be warm, so I will have some sparkling juices brought up." The pagoda was just a little bit further upand was situated in a position to catch both the shade and the light breeze. Sweet smelling flowers hung through the top of the wood and stone structure, of which Antonio picked one and popped it in his mouth. Crunching on it with a pop of a honey like liquid.

He gestured to one of the seats for her to sit before he did.

5m5qOKV.png

Sister Mariana's inspection of the foreign flora was interrupted by a friendly yet welcome voice, "Ah, Archbeacon Borgias," she responded, smiling politely and offering a small curtsy out of respect; she had clearly done her research on the tall, well-proportioned figure. "You have a lovely garden, and of course not,"
71zzAmV.png
responded Mariana, implying that she was, indeed, Sister Mariana~ "
though I must know more about your medicinal plant, later on of course."

As she straightened herself out, she noticed the Archbeacon eyeing her up and down~ most likely in an attempt to gauge her character. Though the breeze whistling through the nearby shrubbery was refreshing with the sunlight hitting the back of her attire; her habit gently waving as the pair conversed, she offered yet another response to the inquisitive clergyman, "
Mm, that would've been nice," she began, referring to the fancy Ashlan transports, "but no, I managed to secure a ride with a
0tcv97i.png
lovely Mirialan hauler captain on their way to Terminus, thankfully Epica sits on the Corellian Trade Spine..
" she paused for a moment to think, "which is why I'm here so early!" grinned the priestess.
"
Ah, of course," beamed Maria, "that'd be lovely, Epica is much nicer than I'd initially believed," she mentioned as the pair made their way to the Pagoda, her eyes wandering around the garden in admiration. Taking a seat, she waited for the Archbeacon to be seated before speaking; taking a deep breath her eyes flickered between the clergyman and the landscape, "I must admit, after seeing Epica in-person I am envious of your position~ how is life here?" she quizzed out of genuine curiosity with the added benefit of generating small-talk.

5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objective:

I managed to secure a ride with a lovely Mirialan hauler captain

"I suppose this is where I am supposed to tell you that the more humble the transport, the closer it allows us to get to Ashla?" he laughed lightly as they walked. It was pleasing to here that members of the clergy were still riding around in civilian shuttles, he found some of the newer priests found it too easy to favour official transports only.

As they sat, Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora complemented the beautiful surrounding and enquired about Epica herself. "Ah, Epica, there has not been a day I have regretted relocating here those years ago. If you can get out of the city, the countryside is something else. You can misplace a lifetime on a summers day winding through the valleys."

He smiled and thought of his own beautiful home in the nearby valley, the grapes were just flowering and the scent was lovely.
camel-valley-vineyard.jpg
"I hope you will enjoy your mission here, the people are lovely, mostly." He laughed and took a sip of the sparkling liquid that had discretely appeared between them. "What you have to remember about the people if Epica. On average they are fairly devout, but the long and short of it, the planet is mostly run by families who are essentially gangsters. It's not my place to judge, my lovely wife is heir to the Borgias. But, just remember, they have their religious lives and their family lives, they aren't mutually exclusive, but they are different. Does that make sense?" It was a hard one to explain to this inexperienced priest. The people often inhabited almost two lives, and social etiquette demanded touch remember which was which. No bringing your gang rivalries to church, and maybe don't patronise an angry Don about the word of Ashla in a business meeting.

5m5qOKV.png

Simply offering a shy smile at the Archbeacons comment, pausing for a moment before deciding on a response. "Merely a
71zzAmV.png
logistical endeavour, there was nothing to it,
" she responded politely, wholly appreciative of his comment. As the pair were seated, Antonio produced a response to her comment regarding life on Epica~ a pleasant one too. "Hm," she could only comment, pondering what her own life would be like on Epica if she had the ability to stay on-planet.

Picking up a glass of sparkling liquid that was so discreetly placed between the pair, she offered a response to his comment about the mission, "I'm pleased to hear, I've been intrigued ever since I first heard about the mission-" she paused to let Antonio continue, listening attentively to his words which carried importance and were informative, she knew so little of the planet after all. "I.. believe so..? Did you say gangsters?" questioned Mariana, taking a sip from her glass, "It's pleasing to hear that many of Epica's people are devoted to Ashla, but I must ask~ is this a dangerous place to work?"

5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objective:

"Danger is a relative term" chuckled the Archbeacon, "You are unlikely to meet many of the Bogan that our brothers and sisters face on the battlefields of the Caldera or the Maw, but yes, I did say gangsters." he smiled and raised his eyebrows in a way that said 'make of that what you will'. He genuinely cared for the people of Epica and had had very little reason to fear for his own safety over the years, but who was he to suggest the young woman would have his experiences.

"So, do you plan on being on mission long? Mine has lasted twenty years, this place is... intoxicating, to say the least." he smiled warmly thinking of his early days and finding his Evangelina. "Yes, it has ways of keeping you? Are you married? I suspect there will be several of the families sons turning their heads at your arrival.".

For a few moments he sat in silence and enjoyed the sunshine, there was a light music on the breeze coming from a nearby Piazza. There was always music on those places, a fine place to while away the sunny afternoons of Epica. "Have you eaten this afternoon? There is a lovely little place that serves a delicious layered meat and pasta dish nearby, no time like the present to go and immerse yourself in the people of this city?". Evangalina would be almost expecting this of him to ensure a warm welcome to the new priests, it was his way. But he would grab her a summer bouquet whilst out to make sure she knew exactly where her prominence in his heart was. If Mariana had already eaten or otherwise refuse, it would be no bother to him.

5m5qOKV.png

Scrunching her face up as if to say 'fair enough,' Mariana had reacted in such a way suggested that she wasn't as concerned as she initially indicated~ perhaps as a result of her previous experiences facing a variety of abominations while fighting alongside the
71zzAmV.png
Sisters of Ashla; "
well.. every culture is different and who are we to judge," she smirked, taking yet another sip from her glass.

Taking in the steady, gentle breeze that washed over the pair as they enjoyed the garden, Mariana offered a response to his question, "
Hm.. I'm not quite sure~ depends on the powers that be," she grinned, smiling at his next comment, saying nothing but quietly blushing to herself in response, not quite sure on how to respond. After a moment, she took another sip from her glass before offering a short response to his question regarding marriage, "no, not yet.." she responded with a shy yet awkward smile.

As the pair enjoyed the cathedral's garden, the sound of music crept in from the distance~ curious. As she listened in, the sound was broken by Antonio wondering whether she'd had the chance to eat, "
Mm," she thought to herself, "I haven't had the chance actually," Mariana grinned, "that would be lovely, though!"~ she hadn't realised just how hungry she was until he mentioned it~ she passed-out on the freighter journey and simply lost track of time so his offer was greatly appreciated.

Antonio Borgias Antonio Borgias

5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objective:

"Perfect, that settles it then" he said with a smile and finished his drink, he placed his glass down and stood to leave "Shall we?" it was a short walk to his transportation, a small convertible speeder parked alongside the cathedral. He reached for his keys but then took a look down the street, it wasn't that far, maybe just far enough to justify the speeder but the day was so fine.

"It's such a lovely day, I feel like a walk, it's about fifteen minutes, but if habit is too hot to walk in we can take the speeder?" he was eager to show her Epica and its people. The path wound down the side of the cathedral, through a small orchard in the ground and then onto local cobbled streets. There was a lot of people around. Many of them greeted Antonio and his guest as they walked and Antonio would wish them the light of Ashla.

"You will get this a lot around here, it's very nice, and I wouldn't change it, but may I recommend finding yourself a little place outside of the city, or you might start feeling a little hemmed in by all the well wishers around the official living quarters." he chuckled to himself slightly as he imparted the tip to his young charge. "Ah, here we are," They approached the small cafe, it was barely a space, a small set of tables and chairs in what was clearly once someone's front garden, served out of a shuttered window by the owner and her family.

Antonio pulled up a seat and gestured with his hand for a waiter, the overworked teenage daughter of the family. "Little Helena shouldn't be too long, but I try not to rush her" he smiled, she was a good kid, liable to end up a doctor one of these days.

5m5qOKV.png

" 'Course!" responded Mariana, finishing her drink, "I wouldn't mind walking, if that's fine with you," she smiled, wanting to see as much of the new planet as possible. As the pair made their way through the small, cobbled streets of Epica City, they were greeted
71zzAmV.png
by many of the planets locals, clearly happy to see the Ashlan clergyfolk out and about, "
Do you get out of the cathedral often then?" she quizzed, curious as to how life was on the planet as she made a mental note of his recommendation.

"Ooh lovely!" she grinned as they arrived, more than appeased by the pleasant homeliness of the cafe. It was warm yet her habit kept her cool~ much like how the loose clothing of the Tatooine natives kept them cool, as the pair sat at the small table, she eyed and smiled at a number of well-wishing locals who meandered past.

"Come here often? It truly seems like a welcoming place to be, the planet~ moreso than the likes of Coruscant.. or can we put that down to our religious affiliation?"

Antonio Borgias Antonio Borgias

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom