Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Opportunity

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay gave [member="Kiran Arlos"] a small smile as he offered her words of encouragement. "I certainly hope so. Making mistakes is a part of growth. Yet knowing that I've made some bad ones leads me to second guess myself at times." She gestured behind her at the Senate Hall. "Like the Senate, for example. Is it a good thing? Or would it be considered a waste of credits? There's certainly opposition to it, even from the inside." Especially with the Senator of Yutan.

They were part way across the field now, taking an easy pace with a couple of guards in tow. Kiran may be a new hire, but the others weren't sure if he could be trusted just yet. A background check was being done as they walked, the guards connected through earpieces to the security office at the Palace. If any red flags came up, they'd be the first to hear about it.

"Have you ridden through canyons before?"

Kiran Arlos

K
"That happens often." Kiran said, while he was still young, there was a few that said he was quite mature and wise for his age. He wasn't sure if that was his own doing, or perhaps because he was led and grew up with good and revered people or he felt as his own opinion.

"I've tried to stay out of politics as much as I can. It's just not for me, however since you are queen, it seems the people have rallied behind you to lead them. While I don't know you fully know you yet your grace, I'm sure you will do just fine in finding a way to make things work for everyone." Kiran said with a small smile as he looked forward.

The only good thing that had aided him during his time on the run, was that with Corellia's destruction, all files on Kiran Arlos had shown and appeared lost and corrupted data with no chance of recovery. However he was sure something would flag about him in the system, they wouldn't be able to decipher what that was exactly.

Or so he hoped...

"Unfortunately no, I've just ridden across the open field before." Kiran was sure that this would prove to be funner and a more of a challenge as far as navigation and such.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Kiran Arlos"] a small smile, though it wasn't filled with as much confidence as she'd like. "I'm trying, and that's about all that I can do. Believing that I can please everyone is foolish. I know that I can't. I just hope that those that don't approve of what I do, don't rock the boat too much." That was always a worry. They could gain a lot of support and then she could lose everything. Or rather almost everything. She made a promise to her husband that she would walk away if she had to and that she wouldn't try to hold onto power. It was all part of their desire to one day retire from public life.

To his comment on his riding skills so far as speederbikes go, she grinned. "Well you'll be in for a treat then. We start off on the open field, so that you can get a feel for the bike, then...we go into the canyon from off the cliff face. Don't worry, it's perfectly safe if you follow my lead." She had scared some with her seemingly wrecklace behaviour on a speederbike, by going over the cliff. But the point that she'd go off had a ledge 15 feet below, giving a nice path to ride down the rest of the way to the bottom. It was thrilling to go that way into the canyons.

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran was sure she was doing all that she could do and more, and if he could offer some advice during his time as her guard he would do so when asked. He wasn't a politician, however his time around them surely gave him some insight on their lives and just politics in general. But would he have chosen a life like that, no way.

She mentioned going open field then moving into the canyons, at which he simply nodded and smiled towards the Queen. "I'm looking forward to it!" Kiran said with a rather excited expression on his face and he seemed to slightly have a jump in his step.

"As long as I don't crash we should be good!" Kiran said with a joking laugh and a wink at the Queen.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed as [member="Kiran Arlos"] made his joke about crashing. She'd make a note to remain mindful of the speed that they went. Afterall, he didn't know the canyons like she did.

It wasn't long before they were at the Palace. Soon after that, they were getting the speederbikes fueled and ready to go. Kay excused herself to get changed out of her gown and into something more suitable, lightly armoured and reinforced pants and jacket. Her hair was drawn up in a braid to lessen the risk of having a head full of knots. To some she might of appeared like a different person. Kay liked that. It enabled her some freedom from being known everywhere she went.

No sooner did she return to Kiran's side, that she got onto her speederbike and turned it on. "You ready?" She put on her helmet and eased the throttle, going into a smooth acceleration across the field. A commsystem was set up inside their helmets so that they could talk to eachother. ~Let me know when you're comfortable enough for the canyon~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom