Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Opportunity

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Kiran Arlos"]

610x405_Quality97_650x432_Quality97_ad_Pen-high-res06_-copy.jpg

Just outside of Chasin City on Commenor, a new Senate Hall was under construction. It was an idea brought to fruition by Kay and her husband Veiere. Yet while he was busy with the Temples both on Yutan and on Commenor, she was seeing to this large undertaking. Although the size of it was far too large for what was needed for space currently, it was better to be prepared for the future.

Escape tunnels were being dug underneath. Some leading to further in the mountain range, while others led to the adjacent tunnel network already long since established underneath Chasin City. In case of attack, flying out or running above ground wasn't always the best option.

Kay had just finished checking on some of the architecture inside, wanting there to be tall arched ceilings and for the Senate Chamber itself to seem inviting and not imposing. Then there were the offices. She wanted hers to resemble her own in the Palace. She was rather fond of it and it made her feel comfortable, so it was only fitting that they'd be similar.

She stood outside, facing the construction and watched as a crane lifted a section of one of the towers to the very top. Hopefully it wouldn't fall. Kay shielded her eyes from the sun with her hand as she stood there, mesmerized by it all. Hopefully people would appreciate it as she did.

Her two guards stood on eitherside, watching with her. But in a way they were feeling a bit antzy with their Queen being so out in the open. Yet Commenor had no enemies, so they shouldn't have to worry.

Hopefully it would remain that way for a very long time.

Kiran Arlos

K
A Iron Wrath Interceptor landed just outside of the construction zone that was taking place just outside of Chasin City. The hatch slid open and Kiran stood up inside the fighter as he stared at the building that was being created. "Woah!" Kiran said, while staring at while standing still and not flying by it sure did increase its marvel. Kiran's trip to Commenor was one like any of his others. He was always intrigued with new places,people, and this kind of stuff was one of the reasons why. Introducing himself to the local leadership here, and royalty and to see what else he could learn in the process.

Kiran hopped out of the Interceptor and straightened himself up a little bit, his training saber at his side while he walked towards the monument. He walked up the pathway and stared out at the crane way up high, as he glanced from side to side, with green on either side of him here and there. And even passed it, there was green far past.

There were several construction people around, he could even see some working up in the higher parts of the building, and there in front of him was a woman standing in the center of it all, and she had two people with her. Kiran approached rather carefully as he wasn't sure who she was exactly and well didn't want to get hurt. He was probably several feet away from her at the current time.

"Hi there! Do you know what all this is for?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

One of her guards noticed [member="Kiran Arlos"] arrive first. They didn't draw their weapons as they both looked over to him. The look on his face clearly showed that he was in just about as much awe over the construction as Kay was.

Now it was her turn to look to the newcomer. "I sure do. It's a Senate Hall. With all of the worlds coming under our care, we figured that it was a great way for them all to have a voice and retain their sovereignty." She tilted her head to the side slightly. "What drew you here? You seem a bit bolder than most Commenori. Are you just visiting?" Kay turned away from the construction to face him now, taking in his size and his look. He seemed pleasant enough of a fellow. But one never knows for sure...

Kiran Arlos

K
"It looks amazing." Kiran said, when his question was answered by the woman. "That's a pretty good idea, I like that." The young man said with a small smile and he nodded his head towards the woman. When she asked him what had drew him here, well that was pretty simple. As was his nature for learning and for knowledge of all things.

"You did, or well the people did." Kiran chuckled nervously, as he glanced in between both of the guards. "Well, both I guess, I wish to learn more about the Commenor, and your way of life. I'm a soldier and apprentice with the Iron Empire, I assure you I come in peace." Kiran glanced around again before looking back towards her.

"A visit, I suppose that is what it is." Kiran finally said after all of his earlier rambling. "I'm a quick learner, so my presence here won't be that long."

"My name is Kiran Arlos." The 18 year old spoke as he walked forward a step or two and held his hand out towards the woman.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Kiran Arlos"] a small smile as he mentioned liking the idea. The credit for it wasn't all hers though. She just hoped that others liked the idea too. It was very similar to the Republic, a word that didn't fill others with hope, but with disdain. Their fall was a difficult and painful one.

A slow nod of her head came as he introduced himself. The Iron Empire. She knew of them quite well, or rather one of it's members. [member="Atheus"] was a great help to her in dealing with her post traumatic stress.

As he held out his hand, she reached for it and gave him a soft, yet firm shake, giving him a warm smile. "Welcome to Commenor, Kiran. I'm Lady Kay Arenais, it's Queen. No need for any formalities. The Iron Empire are our allies, so you may come and go as you please." She clasped her hands in front of her. "Our way of life is simple, peaceful. Everyone has living wages, education, healthcare. Commenor has no enemies, so there's no reason to be on edge. It leaves us all room to breathe." She looked to the construction again, a little pleased with what she had managed to accomplished. It took a lot of effort to stick true to their neutrality and away from the Galaxy's conflicts.

Kiran Arlos

K
As soon as she mentioned Queen, the young man's eyes widened a little bit. "Queen?!" Kiran exclaimed, with a small nervous chuckle. "I"m so sorry, I didn't know." Kiran chuckled nervously again as he glanced between the building,guards and finally the queen. "I've never met a queen before, it's a honor to meet you." Kiran had listened well to what she said an it was very intriguing and it interested him quite well.

"No enemies, that sounds very peaceful. " Kiran could only imagine the quality of lifestyle people here had, it must have been something truly spectacular, peaceful.

"Should you require it, your grace." Kiran said as he bowed his head, while showing a small smile. "I shall be of whatever service to you, I can, during my stay here."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay had to laugh a little as [member="Kiran Arlos"] came to relaize who she was, or rather what her position in society was. "Oh don't worry about it. I'm not a typical Queen that was born and raised into this life. In truth, I've only been Queen for less than a year. I know all about having empty pockets and an empty belly." She looked over her shoulder, turning her body slightly to face Chasin City in the distance. "So I worked hard to make sure than none of these people went through that. It seems to be working so far. Crime rates are down to an all time low."

She raised a brow as Kiran offered his services during his stay. She had no idea of what his skills were. Kiran was young, but that didn't really mean anything. She started to dabble into politics at his age. "What services would you be offering? Protection? Training? Education?" She wasn't quite sure of everything that the Iron Empire had in their membership. She only knew of Atheus and Aster.

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran really respected that, she didn't forget were she came from, and she remembered the people.

"I praise that very much, your grace. Your people must be proud and very impressed with your guidance." Kiran said with a small smile and he bowed his head again in respect to her. While he wasn't sure if he could ever just call her Lady Kay, Kiran was always one for formalities and he would do his best to keep them.

When she inquired as to what services, that was very simple. Kiran had worked mainly security most of his life, and he liked to think that he was pretty good at it. Now granted he was working with a really good team, and he he liked to think his group was the best because they were comprised of good headstrong people

"Protection mainly, I worked security a long time ago, we often helped keep venues secure and kept Government officials out of harms way. Should you desire such a service, then I'm your man!" Kiran said confidently with a smile.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled and bowed her head as [member="Kiran Arlos"] complimented her on her work so far. She kind of liked the lad. He was kind, respectful, a good representative for the Iron Empire. [member="Atheus"] was kind to her too, only he knew much about her post traumatic stress, her missing memories, her darkness that she kept at bay. He knew of all of those things and was helping her to recover.

She looked to the construction of the Senate Hall as Kiran spoke of having secured government venues and officials. By how proud he seemed, Kay didn't doubt his abilities at all. She looked over to him. "I would like that very much. As Senators begin to move in, they will want to feel safe. Not everyone has their own security teams and will rely heavily on us. I have to spread out the security personnel that I have. So it would be rather nice to have another to take their place, even if for a short time. It will be lovely to have you with us."

She wasn't aware of whether or not Kiran was a Force user. As she had her own signature hidden, she couldn't so easily tell. And it wasn't exactly a question to ask in polite conversation.

Kiran Arlos

K
"I will do anything I can to assist. Once upon a time I guarded royalty and VIP's as they visited the planet I resided on, government officials and the like." Kiran said as he smiled towards the Queen and nodded his head. How the people reacted and their posture towards one another was based on their leadership and those that leaded them. It seemed this Queen and he assumed that their was a King somewhere in the arena, it seemed the did a very good job and running things and ensure great and happy things for all. While Kiran was indeed a force user, he wasn't well trained thus far still in the beginning stages of his training as he hadn't even constructed his own lightsaber yet, however he had the crystal from his dangerous journey on Ilum.

So should she divulge the information that she was a queen, Kiran would be surprised and also quite thrilled at the idea.

"Would there happen to be a barracks type area, or a housing place at which one could stay....speaking for myself." Kiran said with a small lopsided smile. "Just for a few weeks of course!" Kiran added quickly after that, as while this was a welcoming place. He truly didn't want to overstay his welcome.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed a little. "Once upon a time...You sound like you're far older than me. But then again, one can experience plenty in such a short time." She was guilty of that herself having held many careers in her lifetime. What was the position that she had held the longest? Probably a Senator. But if things continue to be peaceful in her territory, then being a Queen will be her longest career. If one could label it as that.

She nodded as he asked about a place to stay, then laughed a little as he quickly followed up on it, as though to reassure her that his stay would be short. "Until the construction is finished, you'll be able to stay at the Palace. There are plenty of rooms available. You'll also get to meet more security personnel. My Head of Security [member="Macoda Haberon"] is on leave right now, but I'm sure that he'd want to meet you when he returns. Of course if you'd rather not stay at the Palace, than other arrangements can be made."

Kiran Arlos

K
"Oh no your grace." Kiran chuckled slightly showing a small smile. "I just like to pretend I'm older beyond my years. I'm only eighteen years old, however you can count on the maturity of a battled hardened man when its time to get down to business." Kiran still smiling however bowed his head a bit. While he wasn't sure if he would be able to ever not be informal with the Queen, it was best to stay formal for the sake of showing respect. Even though Kiran already had the utmost respect for the Queen already in just this short amount of time. She seemed honorable and respectful enough, and that was what he was looking for to help and aid.

"It would be an honor to meet the head of security, I can't wait. And if that's okay, I'm sure a room at the palace would work just fine. If I am to protect, I have to stay close to the royal family." Kiran chuckled lightly as he took another long look at the Senate Hall before looking back to the Queen.

"If I may ask, your grace. With you being a queen, is it safe to assume there is a...King somewhere here?" Kiran asked rather curiously, wondering if there was, if he was just as good as she was.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked. "You're only 18? You look older than that by a few years at least. But they do say that experience quickens the maturity level of a person. When I was your age, I was stirring up some trouble with my friends, running into other younglings and just going to parties. It was a real carefree living. But then politics came into my life and it has barely let me go ever since."

She laughed a little as [member="Kiran Arlos"] mentioned having to protect the Royal Family. With her husband away most of the time, and with her adopted children missing, Kay was the only member of it on Commenor.

He asked about her husband then and she nodded. "I am recently married to [member="Veiere Arenais"] , however he spends most of his time away from Commenor. We are both and vastly different career paths, so it doesn't allow us much time together. But we are always in contact and visit eachother when we can."

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran took the surprised look she as a compliment and when she spoke of maturity and such Kiran could only smile and bow towards her again. "Thank you your grace." Kiran said and as she mentioned her younger time he chuckled slightly. "That was my sister and brother, they were normally the wild ones. I recall several times I covered for them when they were out doing shenanigans. Nothing too crazy, but they had really good friends."

Kiran chuckled lightly however his smile started to vanish slightly and he cleared his throat and decided to make way for another conversation. While talking about his family was good, it was always slightly depressing as well, given the nature of their deaths and what he had done to avenge them.

"I would really like to meet him someday, if timing works out well. How you speak of him, I'm sure he must be a great guy!" Kiran smiled as he nodded his head towards the Queen.

"So, what's there to do around here for fun?" Kiran inquired, while he hardly ever went out and did anything crazy, he had his moment of letting lose and having fun, however rare they would be.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay noticed that [member="Kiran Arlos"] spoke of his brother and sister in the past tense. But she didn't expect that they had died at all. Instead she figured that they had just parted ways, each one on a different path.

She smiled then as Kiran took an interest in meeting Veiere. "He's busy with his Jedi Order, but I'm sure that I can arrange a meeting. You'll have to know who he is anyways as I wouldn't want you to accidently bar him from entry." She grinned.

He then asked about what to do for fun. It was true that there wasn't much that they could do at the Senate Hall while it was under construction. Kay tilted her head to the side a bit. "Well, I used to go for speederbike rides in the Twin Canyons, or beachcomb at Rock Point Bay. Does either of those sound good?"

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran let out a small slightly exhausted chuckled when she mentioned accidentally baring him from entry. "Yes, wouldn't that be awkward...." Kiran giggled again as he finally cleared his throat and realized he may have actually been laughing a little bit too much. "Sorry, It's been some time since I've been around people that make me laugh and such. It's good healing for the soul and mind." Or at least Kiran thought anyway.

"Those both sound pretty awesome! Do you go there often?" Kiran inquired,as he in part wondered how hard life as royalty could be. He felt one would be busy all the time and wouldn't ever have time for everyday stuff like a normal civilian would. But he felt that her grace was an exception to that. There was more to her than met the eye, and Kiran was just pleased to have met her.

"The last time I was on a speeder bike was about a year ago." Kiran said as he racked his brain trying to figure out when that was exactly.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay let out a small chuckle of her own as [member="Kiran Arlos"] apologized for laughing. "No need to be sorry. I've heard that quite a few people liked to tease me and laugh at me. One day I'll remember, so that I can tease them back. In the meantime, I'll do what I can with new staff like you. And besides, I prefer a lighthearted guard, instead of a serious one that won't let me do anything." She's had some guards that would keep her from anything or anyone that could be labelled as dangerous. And that tended to make her feel like a prisoner in her own home. Or a prisoner of her position.

"I haven't done either thing for a while. And only a year since you were on a speederbike? You make it sound as though it's been a decade. For me it's been less than a year, but not by much. I haven't gone since my abduction. But...I don't suppose that that could happen again. So shall we go?"

Kiran Arlos

K
"Sometimes I feel it's good to have a bit of both." Kiran smirked slightly whens he mentioned have a lighthearted guard.

Kiran shrugged his shoulders. "I guess with what I've had go on with my life over the course of two years it seems like a lifetime ago." Kiran chuckled lightly when she mention such a thing and it was rightfully true. It had been too long since he had, any actual genuine fun.

When she mentioned abduction the word shot through his mind but it seemed that he didn't register it at first just because he was too busy thinking about the speeder bike.

"Yes, well that can be a problem...." Kiran began to say but then stopped talking as he glanced towards her as they began their walk. "You were abducted?!" Kiran exclaimed, a look of shock and dismay on his face. "That's must've been terrible. I promise you, on my life that won't be happening on my watch." The young man had dealt with such an issued at one point in his lifetime a long time ago during the start of his job on Corellia.

"What happened, if you don't mind me asking?" Kiran said and then quickly followed with. "If it's too painful to talk about forget I said anything." Kiran said showing her an encouraging smile as he tried to not be to invasive into her personal life. He then realized he probably should have waited to ask such a thing. Then again, this was the way of his world.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Yes, [member="Kiran Arlos"] was right. When a lot of events happen in a short amount of time, it can have the effect of altering one's perception of time, making months feel like years. Time seems to slow down when one is bored as well.

Kay glanced at him, but then looked on ahead as they started on their journey to the palace where she could pick up her speederbike and one for Kiran as well. "It was an ambush by a Sith Lord. My guards were killed and I was injured before being knocked out and taken away. I was gone for months, tortured in almost every way that you can think of. Almost. When I was brought back, I was a shell of myself, operating in the only way that I could, out of fear and self preservation. I made some bad choices. But I hope that with my recovery, I can only make good ones." She didn't go into any details, wasn't quite sure if she really needed to. The nightmares and sleepless nights were getting less and less. Perhaps that was due to other stresses in her life. She couldn't tell for certain. But at least it was better.

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran listened as well as he could as while her troubles where heard, he felt the pain echo through her words. While he had his own troubles afoot, she seemed to have gone through much in her time as well. Kiran couldn't have imagined what that was like, then his own deeds shot through his mind and he did have a feeling about it. A troubled look came about the young man for a few moments as he took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that your grace." Kiran said as he looked over to her and showing a small smile and encouraging nod. "I've made bad choices as well, but through our own fortitude I'm sure the good will keep on coming, I'm sure of it." Kiran didn't seem too confident about it, as he still wondered what would those who knew him, what they would do if they learned what he did. It was a gamble being here, it was a gamble becoming a force user.

Through a mixture of anger,pain and a desperate hope to be forgiven and forget those mistakes. Deep inside him he was truly afraid of losing what he had gained so far.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom