Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Mystery

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay raised a brow as [member="Darth Abyss"] spoke of how the Force connects with time. As he continued his explaination of his theory. It was a sound one. At least in the way that she could see it. "Finding the connected events could be the most difficult part. Each choice we make gives different outcomes, different futures. But some futures don't change regardless of the choices made, hence the perception of history repeating itself. For fun I had a force sensitive fortune teller. With what he told me, as opposed to all others, my own future is difficult to ascertain. Perhaps it's due to being a politician, or due to ruling over nearly a dozen worlds. So much could happen or not happen..." It could also be that she witheld certain facts about herself from the fortune teller. Secrets that she kept close to her.

He spoke of being able to visit the realm of the dead on a whim. Though that had it's benefits, it had it's drawbacks too. "After my first husband was killed, I wanted to find him on numerous ocassions, but I couldn't. Would I seek him out now? No. It's been nearly fifteen years and I'm recently remarried. But I'm sure that you've gained valuable insight for yourself." What Kay didn't kow was that her late husband's spirit was attached to one of her enemies. So there was no way for her ro reach him without finding that individual.

"Have all of your accomplishments always been a part of your life's goals?"

For a few moments the husk remained dormant, like the laws of reality had just noticed that it was not in their best interest to allow this abomination to walk, talk and act like a twisted mirror of a living being. Below the mask, inside the twisted void within a magnificent mind began to see, not what was around him, but into the endless network of possible futures. Her words about a fortune teller gifted with the force that failed to predict her future had raised his interest. He had enough insight to know that such worldly reasons as politics couldn't blind his third eye, and yet the path in front of [member="Lady Kay"] was shrouded in a thick, black fog that clouded what was in front of her. It wasn't the first time something like that happened, but something was off, something was unlike those destined by the force to remain unseen.

"Interesting. Care to explain why your echo in the force is masked? I assume some kind of artifact that obscures your presence from assassins?"

Abyss was slowly figuring out that there was an even more likely answer, due to her muddy presence, her unseen future and her lack of confusion upon his words. Something, or rather someone was hidden below the surface of the queen, but it wasn't his way to directly confront her with this knowledge. Rather he would try to move the dialog into a direction that would make it seem like she had revealed this information by herself.

"No. When the One Sith fell I was drifting around without aim, without purpose. Ironically it was a jedi that set me on the path to claim insight into the beyond."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Uh oh. [member="Darth Abyss"] had picked up on her ability to keep her Force Signature small. Yet it seemed as though he couldn't detect the cause. That was probably a good thing. But now she was in a bit of a pickle. How could she respond without revealing her secret? She was also a horrible liar, so that wasn't an option either. So how to approach it?

A thought soon came to mind. "I'm a Queen and soon to be Chancellor. I have to do what's necessary to protect myself and to try to avoid having a target placed on my back." Whether or not that was enough of an answer, she didn't know. But she hardly ever told her secrets to strangers.

Kay raised a brow as he said that it was a Jedi that led him to where he was now. "A Jedi? It's uncommon, but probably not unusual in this day and age." Sometimes it was hard to say who was a Jedi and who was Sith. The line between good and evil were sometimes very blurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom