Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Murder?

​Slow, deliberate steps led Adron through the halls of Commenor, The days seemed to be growing longer since his official defection from the Empire. Aside from the mental stress, there was an unseen world of paperwork that came with the decision. He had been officially accepted as both a full Commenori citizen and a member of The Confederacy.

​The hell of his defection was that he did not do so alone. Nearly an entire battalion of soldiers, and their families left the Empire the moment the civil war broke out. With Grand Moff Graf missing in action, there were few in the imperial military who held enough power to hold the splintered territories together.

​Adron had been one of those figures, but he chose a different path. Exodus.

​Today he wore a dark slate suit, with a broad crimson tie. The suit itself was well fitting to Adron's form, and hugged his physique impressively. His hair had been neatly trimmed and gelled back into a tight ponytail, dangling behind his neck. All in all he held the form of an impressive young advisor. However, his eyes were tossed with dark circles, showing a slight lack of sleep, likely from the workload that was wrought onto him.

​He was flanked by two of the Imperial Sentinels, although now it was more appropriate to name them the Commenori Sentinels, as they had defected alongside their Commander. The truth of the Emperor's identity had been a betrayal to many, one that had been a boon to Adron in many ways.

​He finally found himself standing before Kay's office. He paused for a moment, a subtle wave of his hand commanding his guards to wait outside. He tapped the door to the room softly. "My Queen." He said, his tone slightly lower than usual. "I need to speak with you."

​As he opened the door, there would be a noticeable sound of metal tapping against metal. The two lightsabers that hung from his waist, freely clapped against each other.

​[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay hadn't expected [member="Adron Malvern"] 's visit. As time passed since her separation from Veiere, she was getting better. Her depression was less and she felt lighter. It wasn't what she had wanted, but now she was seeing that it was the right choice; not only for herself but for their children and the CSA as well.

She had to move forward and be stable on her feet. Kay had to stand alone and she needed the strength to do so. With each passing day that strength and confidence that she had lost was now returning. And it was evident in the way that she conducted herself and in the way that stood.

The knock at her door interrupted her from her routine tea and light reading break. She looked up to Adron, noticing the circles under his eyes. It was nice to have him back, yet be busied himself in his work. From the look of things it seemed that he kept himself up late as well.

"Is everything alright? Come on in. I'll fix you up a cup of tea if you'd like." Already she was on her feet and inviting him to sit down in one of her comfy chairs. The clanging of the lightsabers was a curious sound. Did he always have two?

Though Adron wanted to refuse Kay’s offer for tea, he nodded his head appreciatively. Closing the door behind him, he bowed his head respectfully to the Queen. As she stood to prepare the tea, Adron pulled one of the Lightsabers from his waist, setting it on the Queen’s desk. Perhaps the weapon would be slightly familiar to Kay once she took a good look at it, Adron could not be sure. However, even if she recognized what the lightsaber once was, it was far different now. The hilt itself was covered in petrified Orbalisk carcasses, and now it seethed of Dark energy, born from the deed that caused the lightsaber to become so deformed.

“Kei Raxis is dead.” He declared, not waiting for the Queen to settle before he broke the news to her. Silently, he crossed one leg over another, placing a hand over his chin as he stared at the blade before him. Oddly enough, he felt as if he could hear Kei’s voice echo from the weapon. He did not acknowledge it, realizing it must be a result of guilt or maybe his lack of sleep.

“I killed him in his sleep.” He continued, his eyes rising to guage the Queen’s reaction. “It was quick, he did not suffer.”

There would be a pause of silence where Adron would allow Kay to speak if she wished. If she did not, it made little difference to Adron. “He was losing himself. The armor was chipping away at more than his skin. He realized this and so did I, and do not tell me you did not either.”

“He was going to become a danger to himself, a danger to everyone around him. So I stopped him from becoming a monster, the only way I knew how.”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nearly dropped the cup that she was about to pour the tea into when [member="Adron Malvern"] informed her of Kei's death. But she caught the cup before it could roll off onto the floor. "He's what?!"

She stood there for a moment, her jaw hanging open as she turned to face Adron while he sat by her desk, studying his features to see if he was merely joking with her.

But he wasn't.

Kay finished pouring the tea, her brows furrowed in thought as he explained himself. Adron did it. He killed Kei. And all in some act of mercy for what could happen. Adron was right, however. She knew that the suit wasn't good for Kei and that it would ruin him. But was this the answer?

"That is not how we do things here. If it was then Veiere would be dead." She handed him his cup and then took her seat, studying him as he studied her. "You told me that leaving the Empire would put you in danger and that associating with us would put us in danger too. So is that what this was about? To ensure that I'd fire you?"

[SIZE=12pt]Adron took the cup of tea from Kay, nodding appreciatively as he took a sip. “Thank you.” He said, as she took her seat across from him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Adron uncrossed his legs, leaving forward as Kay spoke. He peered down into the tea in his hands, sitting silently as she spoke. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“The reason Veiere is alive is the same reason Kei is dead. Mercy. Not something I have a passion for.” He sipped down a bit of twa before setting it down on the desk in front of him. “Kei was my friend. I very much enjoyed his company. But he knew better than anyone that there was no turning back, that suit had nearly consumed him. Better he die still himself than as some monster twisted in pain and hatred.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Adron clasped his hands together, taking a moment to pinch the bridge of his nose. “I killed him far away from here, and his body has already been returned home so it can be properly attended to. I know this is not how Commenor handles things, but this had nothing to do with Commenor. I'm telling you out of respect for all you have done for me, and because I know Kei would like those who cared about him to know.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I don’t want to be fired. I quite enjoy it here, but I did what I have to do. If that comes with repercussions, so be it.” He said, parting his hands with passive intent. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Lady Kay"][/SIZE]

Kay-Larr

Kay stared at [member="Adron Malvern"] while he spoke, picking up her tea and cradling it in her hands. There was no anger written on her face, only sadness; sadness for both Adron and Kei. Listening to his explanation, as well as the quiet tone in his voice, she could see that it wasn't an act done in cold blood. As he had said, it was mercy.

"Adron, I..." She took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly. "...I knew that he would die sooner than me. I had hoped that making him the head of our naval fleets would keep him out of trouble, but that suit...it corrupted him. Kei had me look after his lightsaber for him, as he didn't deem himself to be worthy of it. For a long time it was in my possession until he sought to have it again. There was...an urgency in his request, and his quickness to anger was increasing."

She paused for a moment, thinking upon more of what he had said; that it was better to kill Kei now than to kill the monster that he would of become. Kay had argued with some politicians from other governmemts over the same sort of thinking; to destroy someone over the possibility of what they might do. In many respects that was wrong, and what plemty of wars were started over. But this was different.

Kay reached over and placed her hand on top of one of his. "It must have been a very difficult choice to make, and had you have discussed it with me prior, I would have agreed with you. So...I'm not going to fire you." She removed her hand and returned it to her cup. "And should his family, Clansmen or other Mandalorians come afrer you for this, tell them to come to me. I'll deal with them." Kei was a part of the same Clan that she was adopted into. Sort of. He was of Clan Raxis by blood, whereas she was just adopted. Regardless, she wasn't going to just sit idly by if they wanted revenge, even if [member="Gray Raxis"] was to get involved and tell her otherwise.

[SIZE=12pt]When Kay spoke, he could hear her the understanding in her voice. If he could always count on something, it would be for Kay to hear him out. He appreciated that about the Commenori Queen, and perhaps it was something he would never have to abuse. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When her hand came over his, he pulled back. He didn't want to be consoled or comforted, if anything a slight chiding would have been better.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kay offered her protection again and Adron nodded at her in appreciation. “Thank you.” He said, before clearing his throat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Adron had not considered Kei’s family a threat, if anything he had barely considered them at all. However he did not regard now for the time to worry about such things. Clearing his throat, he loomed to Kay. “Now. I have good news. I finished the paperwork, and I am no longer High Moff Malvern. I'm officially defected from the Empire.” He said, a slightly amused expression on his face. [/SIZE]

Kay-Larr

Kay made a mental note to herself affter [member="Adron Malvern"] had pulled his hand away; no touching. She didn't take offence by the gesture at all, completely understanding that some were that way. It was probably too forward of her anyways, and given that she was still a married woman, she didn't want a scandal. She had only meant to make him feel reassured.

She leaned back in her chair, lifting her tea and having a sip as Adron changed the subject. Kay blinked at how easily it seemed that he had defected. "And they let you? Just like that? You had told me that they wouldn't let you go..." She was curious now at how this all came to pass.

[SIZE=12pt]Adron arched a brow at Kay when she spoke. There was a moment of pause before he realized what she believed. “Do you-?” He chuckled for a moment to himself before shaking his head. “The Empire didn't release me. However as your Advisor I drafted official documents that grant me the asylum from the Empire. In them I legally step down from my position as High Moff, Imperial Guard Captain, and special weapons administrator.” He divulged. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I'm sure the Empire will place a sizeable bounty on my head once they realize. Also all of my holdings in the Empire will be seized, so I've had my company liquidated to save me the funds. It won't be long before the Empire catches wind though.” Adron exhaled softly. Though he disregarded the thoughts easily, it was hard to feel as if his last decade of work had been for nothing.[/SIZE]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little as he spoke of the document. [member="Adron Malvern"] had granted himself asylum here. Hmm. She wasn't sure if she had needed to sign them, or if Adron was just doing it himself. Either way, if the Empire was as reluctant to let him go as he says, then they would find some sort of fault or alterior motive in all of this.

As far as Kay knew, there wasn't one.

"I'll see what can be done about the bounty hunters, if they are sent. I could have it arranged that this is a 'No Hunting' zone. But I wouldn't want you to feel trapped either." Kay sipped her tea, holding onto the mouthful before swallowing it. "I'm sorry that you lost your company. You could always rebuild here, maybe under an alias."

[SIZE=12pt]Adron sat silently for a moment, considering if he even wanted to start his company back. It seemed more a pain than it was worth, however it provided him with a considerable income and that was something he would always be in dire need of. A hand on his chin, he glanced over to Kay before waving his other hand dismissively. “Perhaps. I don't know yet.” He said, before looking to Kay intently. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“There is… Good news, I suppose. The Confederacy of Independent Systems has- Force that's a mouthful- anyway, they are opening their arms to me. So perhaps I will be able to gain military influence there to better help Commenor… And my own agenda of course.” He admitted, shrugging his shoulder softly at the thought. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He turned his thoughts away from his company and back to his own affairs with Commenor. “The paperwork I finished will need your seal within thirty days to be valid. So you'll see those soon. Also, don't worry about the Bounty Hunters. With the remnant of the Imperial Guard, I'm untouchable here. Besides I can handle myself.” He said with a slight smile. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Besides, that is enough of that. What have I missed thus far? And where do we stand in our duties here?” He would ask. [/SIZE]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow as [member="Adron Malvern"] informed her of the CIS welcoming him in. That made sense, given his knowledge and former ties with the Empire. They were much larger than her own little system, with a higher population and larger military. He'd see more action with them. Most tended to use their employment with her as a stepping stone for bigger and better things. It wasn't her right to stop them. "Oh? Well...try not to spread yourself too thin."

She sipped her tea, nodding after swallowing upon learning that she needed to affix her seal to his papers. That'll easily be done, and she'll be quick about it. There was no need for it to linger.

Kay tilted her head to the side in thought as he requested an update. "Not much. We recently secured Denon into the fold. Whether or not more will want to join us, I cannot say right now. We'll be hosting a get-together soon, and hopefully that'll entice our people to talk more. And I may go on a little vacation, without my guards or anyone, just so that I could...be myself for a time. I don't want to forget that I'm more than just some Queen."

[SIZE=12pt]As Kay spoke, Adron nodded at her with an almost amused smile. “I've been spreading myself too thin since I was a boy. It's my nature.” He admitted to the flaw, having accepted it a long time ago. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Adron pulled a datapad from his waist, placing it on the table in front of him. He jotted the information down, nodding a bit before clearing his throat. “Denon… That's a system that I'm sure we can find use for.” He told her, before swiping around on the pad for a moment with a curious expression. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“A get together?” He paused, then realized the ball had been his own idea. “Oh, right. Of course.” He said before leaning back in his seat once again. “I'll have my men prepared that evening. I think extra security is a bit implied at this point. However I can have them disguised as guests so not to disturb the evening?” He offered, arching a brow as he contemplated the night. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As Kay spoke about going on vacation absent her guards, he laid the pad down, running a hand over his face and through his hair. “I'm not going to even go into how dangerous that is.” Though his amused expression faded, he eyed the Queen with a knowing smile. “You'll give Veire my best, won't you?” He prodded.[/SIZE]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded. A flaw or not, she shared in that too, often finding herself doing too much at once. But at least it let her keep her mind off of things that would otherwise cause her a lot of stress.

She sipped her tea. Denon was surely going to be useful. With it's huge population, factories and companies, there were a lot of benefits to having it among them.

"Having security disguised as guests would be a great idea. This way everyone can feel a bit more relaxed, myself included." The Fprce knew that she needed it. They all did, and wouldn't hesitate to point it out either.

And she knew that her little vacation that she wanted eould be dangerous. However, Adron had guessed incorrectly. She stared into her cup as she held it on her desk with both of her hands. "I'm not going to see Veiere. I can't. It's too soon. There may still be hunters after him and who knows what? Maybe even the Jedi. We have no radio contact. All that we have is our bond, which can only reach so far. I won't be able to see him for a long time..." If ever. When her and Veiere saw eachother last, they figured that they would never get to lay eyes on eachother again. It wasn't one of her best days.

Adron nodded, tapping into his datapad as he spoke. "Then I will select four members from my guard to be disguised as guest. I'll keep another four on stand by in full armor a few rooms down, just in case." He explained to the Queen.

Crossing his leg over the other, Adron peered into his Queen's eyes with an almost searching look before finally waving his hand through the air dismissively. "As you say." He said, not entirely convinced. A slight pause occurred before Adron stood up from his seat.

"Well. I suppose that is all I have for you. Unless, of course, you have something for me?" He asked with an arched brow.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded. Eight guards in total should be more than enough. She wasn't expecting trouble at all, but one never knew these days. Still, they had the benefit of having no real enemies. Thankfully.

She had another sip of her tea, her cup nearly empty. And as she was swallowing it, she noticed [member="Adron Malvern"] studying her. What was he searching for? Did he know about last night and was just waiting for her to tell him about it?

Kay looked up at him, arguing with herself in her mind about whether or not to tell him. But then she was reminded of a promise made to him a while ago. And that was that she wasn't going to keep secrets from him. So in answer to his question, she nodded. "The Emperor visited me here last night..." She studied him now, to gauge his reaction.

The pause that occurred had created a cloud within the room that was as thick as beskar. Adron glanced around before looking back to the Queen before him. He exhaled before taking a seat back where he had just risen from. "What?" Was all he could manage, a thick tone of agitation dripping from his words. He eyed Kay closely before leaning forward, his voice taking a much more serious tone. "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you call the guard? You could have been killed!" He said, before running a hand through his hair.

"What did he say?" Adron was interested to see why the Emperor had decided to visit the Queen, yet the thought was a bit frightening. Had he turned her against him? Adron's eyes scanned the room closely, a bit of paranoia setting in.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"I am telling you. It's not as though I've been sitting on it for a week, you know." She watched [member="Adron Malvern"] 's manner change, which gave her both worry and concern all at once. "I went to retire for the night upstairs, only to find him there sitting in one of my chairs. He knew that you told me his secret and he let on that somehow he knew of mine. I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that he had found out..."

Kay kept her gaze upon him, although her stare wasn't hard or paranoid, it was just soft and unsure. "Why do you think that he'd want to kill me when I have done nothing to him but fulfill my part of our agreements? Do you think that he was the one behind the assassination attempt?" So far there had been no word on who had sent that assassin. All leads ended up nowhere.

Adron rested back into his chair, his hand running over his jawline before he exhaled softly. "I mean why didn't you tell me a bit sooner. That's not exactly something that is minor." He said, before listening to what Kay had to say on the matter.

When Kay spoke, Adron narrowed his eyes, speaking plainly. "I did not tell him. I didn't even tell him about my trip to Serenno." He promised.

"He's a Sith, they tend to kill things that act outside of their interests." When Kay spoke of the assassin, Adron paused to feign consideration. Of course he knew the source of the assassin , yet he was more likely to die than divulge that information. "No. If he intended to take your life he would have told me, or commanded I do it myself." He said, simply.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"No, it isn't minor. Yet it isn't something that is exactly normal either. Outsiders don't tend to know where my bedchambers are, and people certsinly don't go visiting there. I was lucky that I noticed him before I had undressed." That would have been embarrassing otherwise.

She furrowed her brows. "He knew about Serreno and your trip there. He said that he had forseen all of it, except for that secret chamber that you took me to. He said that it was a place he'd never seen before...." Surely they weren't followed. And none had gone into that chamber but the two of them. "Do you think that either one of us had a tracer of some kind?" Maybe there was a reason that the two were able to slip into and out of Sith space so easily. They could have been allowed to.

But she could just be jumping to the wrong conclusions as well.

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom