Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Interest

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
| K | i | r | i | b | i |

Jeni_Apraxa.png
Jeni Apraxa, Chair of LuxArc Biomedical's Board of Directors, was about to cut an advantageous deal, do what she loved, and all on a planet that was rather scenic. In spite of all this, however, she couldn't rid herself of an unbearable feeling of unease, her brow furrowed as her peered out over a silvery, modern metropolis through her cresting shuttle's viewport, her fingers drumming. It had been a few months now since her last contact with Darth Vesper - though maybe her fickle employer had simply changed names again without telling her - and even though he had given her warning, his disappearance from the face of the Galaxy had been the the topic of many nights of concerned rumination. This was far from permanent, she knew, but it was also far from idle. He was doubtlessly readying something, and knowing the man to whose family she was now bound, it was going to be dramatic and deadly. She did not want his excesses of revenge and pleasure cutting into their profit margins, especially since their profits were already less the annoying salary he drew, those funds now disappearing through shell accounts into the ether. She did not want to be caught in some explosive feud or downfall. Deep down, as much as she disliked the flitting, attention-seeking demeanor of the man, she also didn't want him to be dead. Some part of her was certain he wasn't, and yet the worry would not disappear. She did not like having an unknown element that large hanging over her head.

"Do not expect my return to be swift. I am in a position of unique difficulty, and it will not be easy in its passing. I have faith you will continue to build the company's wealth in my absence, however -- and I intend your reward to go beyond what you previously imagined."

Vague. Stupid, vague, not at all useful to her. She curled her fingers against her palm, leaving crescent imprints in it from her nails, eyes narrowed. Then she shook her head, performing a brief visualization exercise to clear her thoughts, focus them on the task at hand.

She looked over at the intern sitting across from her. "Kennly, double-check and make sure all the reference items I wanted to bring are on the datapad, use the list I holomailed to you earlier. We need to have it all in order before we touch down."

A few minutes later, the shuttle would find a landing pad outside the Lock and Key Mechanics' headquarters - the intern, an eager-to-please young Atrisian sported a nervous smile as he attended to her, but her expression was neutral, reserved. As the back slid open with a slight hiss, she wondered what sort of welcome would be awaiting her on Kiribi.

[member="John Locke"]

To say that this was an exciting opportunity would be an understatement, ever since the idea had been floated John had found himself interested in the deal that LuxArc Biomedical had proffered. Standing up from his desk he swiped a hand through the holographic display he’d been reading, pulling the jacket from the back of his seat as he paced over to the window, his dark eyes watching the shuttle as it settled down on the landing pad before he let a smile tug at his lips before he turned for the turbolift. “Let’s go meet our guests EX.”

The wind pulled at his hair as he stepped out of the doorway, eyes settling on the shuttle that had touched down as the sound of the wind whistled through past him tugging at his suit jacket. The man carefully pulled his hands out of his pockets, smoothing down the jacket before pacing over to the rear doorway, as the hatch touched down on the ground. His gaze slid over the two figures standing in the doorway, the calm businesswoman and her eager young assistant. “Ms Apraxa? I’m John Locke and this,” he gestured over his shoulder, “is my assistant Ex.” The LK EX-1000 standing behind him, inclined its head, “Greetings Ma’am, if you would follow me please, I can take you up to Me Locke’s office, unless you wish to settle in after your flight? We have made a suite available to you if you require its facilities.”

[member="Slayne"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom