Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public "A Cold new world" (Tales of the new Jedi) Pt.1

Lisset Horin

L
When first landing on Tatooine, Lisset immediately sought shelter in the nearest town not too far from the popular city of Mos Eisley. There she met a Devaronian female by the name of Luiba, who although reluctant at first, took her in along with several others from their transport. The transport was sold and safely disposed of. As Lisset was befriended by the Humanoid, She learned the trade of selling and buying scrap materials and valuables for profit. As the Empire grows in seemingly never ending strength, it provides Lisset with only one plausible outcome. Leave the old life behind and start anew.

“It wasn’t easy for me. Seeing the universe now..compared to what it was then, I count myself lucky. Then again, I always made my own luck. I learned quickly not to go into certain areas at nightfall, and that if you couldn’t afford something, there’s more than one way to get what you're after. Coming across information from the cantina is my favorite thing to do. Somewhat out of boredom but also to keep up with what I need to be aware of. The empire, smugglers, thieves and racers. You see, civilians are never just that. You’re never just someone walking around without a talent or trade..Even if you don’t know it, everyone’s good at something. Me? Chromium. Traveling through the sector, you need something strong..durable..Imagine..Your fighter plated to resist the elements and withstand blaster damage to the exterior? Outfit that with a defensive shield and your impenetrable. I can have a data analysis ready for you in seventy two.” Lisset slides a tin box over the table towards the man who looks up at her while scratching his black and grey prickled facial hair that gave him his unwanted 5 o’clock shadow.. As his leg begins to shake he stops himself and returns a glare at her. “How much upfront?” He asks.

“Fifty five hundred cred. Other half upon completion. We have a hangar that will fit your A-wing 22 perfectly. And speaking of..How did you come across such a vessel?” Lisset inquires while letting a sly smirk escape her lips. The man nods and returns a smirk. “I know you know better than to ask such a question. Oh..And don’t worry yourself Red, it’s untraceable. Plug coordinates in here and we’ll meet ya. That data analysis better not run me additional cred’s.” He glares her over as she smiles. “Included...I would never..” She sarcastically replies as the two of them rise from the table inside the cantina. She shakes his hand before knocking back the rest of her lightly blue beverage and entering the coordinates to the pulation steel hangar bay. “Oh..(She clears her throat)...I never got your name..” She states as he turns slightly towards her. “X…I’ll be there by sunset..” He winks and walks off. Lisset lets out a sigh as she looks around at the other patrons. She loves her work..At least she thinks she does. And convincing others to buy metals had it’s bonuses as well. She may be able to afford a high class vacation off the planet yet. Preparing herself for the evening, she exits the cantina and heads through the local market, placing her brown turbin over her head. She was outfitted for the sand like atmosphere and always prepared for the storms that would sweep through in a moment's notice.

As vendors are calling out to the various individuals in the streets it was a routinely familiar setting for Lisset. Meet prospective clients..Set up different meeting times for transactions to guarantee safety. Pulation steele was a trading company off the radar and out of view of the Galactic Empire at present. Credits earned through Steel plating and welding were used to purchase more materials and the workers made a portion of the profits. Lisset is doing ok for herself, making ten percent of purchase sales in most cases. As she continues onward she stops momentarily looking to the skies above. Seeing the starships and transport vehicles racing through the skies, she was reminded of the time when she first arrived. She heads into a side cafe of sorts, passing by the draping shingles that signal entry. “Ahhh! Bouga Shuntek ugami !” The owner called out from behind the counter greeting her. “Ti nomo! Agasa duti...duti mesa? Verti duti an i furgu hupo mesa.” She responds with various hand motions with a smile. The humanoid nods and reaches behind the counter pulling out a clear flask with a dark brown liquid. He chuckles. “Lennie...Tordu naganse vocudi….”. She smiles and hands him the creds for the flask. She nods and winks at him and immediately opens the flask container drinking from it.

After leaving, she walks over to a small transport hub where speeder bikes, and land vehicles are stored. Showing her imprint with her glove on her right hand unlocked the metal clamping mechanism that locked her speeder in place in parking spot 2A. She pays the tenant who smiles as she then walks over to her speedster. It was clunky and worn down, and barely held together by scrap metal and hardware that was bought from an aftermarket. “Alright V...Let’s ride.” She says aloud as she activates her turn key and the speeder levitates. She heads off towards the site to meet her potential client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom