Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Clean Start

Just a quick visit.

That's all that was planned.

Returning to Silver Jedi space would probably be... complicated. It would be better to lure her target out.

An anonymous message sent from a burner account should have reached [member="Charlie Nooran"].

​Environmental catastrophe on Balmorra. Jedi assistance requested in clean up.​
Weapons plant malfunction. Colicoid nest uninhabitable, creatures forced into human settlements. Tensions high.​
Coordinates enclosed.​
It was the truth. Samka sat watching the colicoids from a park bench. Make shift camps had been built by the insectoids across the entire town. Hotels, hostels and even the homeless shelter had been effectively taken over by colicoids seeking a place to stay. Some paid. Others simply took. Some colicoids hadn't bothered with human buildings at all and had started digging up farmlands or even roads to build nests. The colicoids, cold and cannibalistic creatures, cared little for what inconveniences the humans may have. They were only here for an easy source of food. The humans did not trust the insects in turn. Why should they? It wasn't uncommon for a human to be prey for the murderous creatures. The colicoids were sentient life, it was illegal to purge them but didn't stop the people talking about it. Them before us.

In the grand scheme of things, it was a minor regional issue. In the worst scenario, one of the two groups are totally wiped out. It would be a tragic loss of life for Balmorra but this was a remote, small town. Its end would mean little. Life would go on as normal for everyone outside of it.

But Jedi supposedly cared about that loss of life, did they not? The Silver Jedi should be able to send something in the hopes of averting a looming disaster. Sam hoped it would be the person who had received the message in the first place.

It was a long shot. The message would probably be viewed with suspicion. It had been sent directly to a Padawan from an unknown account rather than official channels. Charlie would probably pass the message up and a total stranger would arrive to address the issue.

If anyone did at all.

In the distance, fumes still ascended to the clouds. The two entwined until they became one. The stench of chemicals pungent even here, miles from the disaster.

If Charlie did not show, Sam hoped it would at least be made clear quick. The Ren had no desire to stay in this place a moment longer than necessary.

A finger moved across a data tablet as she worked through her emails. It was a dull day for the padawan ever since she fully returned back to Kashyyyk. Most of her time was spent heavily between here and Kiribi. She preferred the more civilized planet, but her duties were on Kashyyyk for the most part. Yawning Charlie was finally finished filing away the junk from the actual emails she needed to pay attention to.

There was a ping – which meant something new was coming through. A groan and the girl clicked on the refresh button. It was cryptic and not from someone she knew. An eyebrow raised and the padawan leaned back in her seat for a moment to ponder what she should do. She was aware of the situation on Balmorra, but it wasn’t something that was in her realm of duty or whatever. Adjusting in her seat she had been feeling stir crazy. Grinning, she gathered her things and packed them away. The message was sent up towards the Masters and Knights, but Charlie decided to do some traveling.

Travel time passed and Charlie set foot on Balmorra and drew up her cloak. A hood covered her dark hair that was pulled back into a neat but loose bun. Bangs fell shaping her slender face as she looked out and made sure her weapons were tucked away. Today was different, Charlie decided a simple lightsaber would be proper for protection than her usual arsenal she lugged around.

Heading towards the coordinates she looked around keeping her wits about her.

She was here.

A subtle ripple from the Force told her as such. Stirring from her place on the bench, Samka stretched as a small smile settled on her face. She hadn't expected it to actually work. She had thought the mostly likely scenario would be another Jedi making an appearance and she would silently slip away.

But no, the girl herself had made an appearance. Somehow her presence was easier to recognise than almost any other.

Samka hopped and skipped her way down the streets, closing in on the Jedi's signature. Charlie shouldn't be able to detect her, she'd devoted countless time and resources in becoming skilled enough to mask her presence completely yet she felt the Jedi so clearly that Sam wondered if somehow it wouldn't hold.

Her pace slowed as she grew near. Poking her head around a street corner, she saw a figure in Jedi robes. It was her. Ahead of Charlie, two colicoids emerged, squabbling over a hunk of strange raw meat. They hissed and clawed at one another, looking more animalistic than sentient. Taking advantage of the distraction the two would probably cause, Sam walked towards the Padawan from behind.

"Ghastly beings, aren't they?" She called out once she was close enough. Sam's voice would be the same as Charlie would remember. Light, refined, or as Charlie used to tease, posh. Her attire would be different, however, finally able to wear her own belongings, Sam's preferred style of a light, frilly top and skirt. This time in a darker navy blue colour to avoid any the stains of Balmorra's pollution looking too obvious.

She offered a deep curtsy in greeting, holding the edges of her skirt, "It has been some time."

[member="Charlie Nooran"]

Hands tugged at the cloth that covered her head. Drawing the hood downward, it crumpled against her neck and she watched the two creatures fight over the meat. It was a strange sight, but she couldn’t let them tear each other limb from limb over meat. A hand stretched out hoping to provide a calming sensation through the creatures, but she was stopped by a voice she hadn’t heard in some time.

Looking over her shoulder, a pair of chocolate orbs locked in on the woman that had addressed her. Charlie’s nose wrinkled slightly as she remembered one of the last times they had interacted spoiled her ice cream that day. Nodding, Charlie answered and refocused her attention on the two Colicoids who were still fighting for the meat. A calming sensation flowed from the Padawan and the two beings relaxed. Gave her a moment to walk over and split the meat for them. Once that was taken care of, she pulled out a towel and wiped her hands clean, facing the woman that had addressed her.

Eliza was someone that had entered her life violently and had bounced away with the least amount of resistance. Charlie still after this time couldn’t wrap her mind around how they were even civil in the first place. Curiosity got the best of her in most cases, especially when she was a few years younger. A soft smile spread across the Seoulian girl’s face as she nodded. “Oh they’re not that bad really. Kind of funny looking, but not that bad.”

It was obvious the typically shorter girl had grown a bit, puberty wasn’t all that bad to her and Charlie realized the height difference. A grin spread across her face, replacing the sweet smile that she wore just moments before. “It has been a bit of time – I remember you quite taller. How have you been Eliza?”

[member="Samka Derith"]

She watched Charlie separate the two aliens first. Curious. Their meeting didn't seem to disorientate the girl at all. She prioritised her task calmly an dealt with the situation effectively.

The results of greater Jedi training and maturity, she supposed.

"Many of the people around here would beg to differ," Sam responded to Charlie's musing but the rest of the story could wait.

She returned the younger girl's soft smile with one of her own. It was the same smile she remembered and gave the Ren a strange sense of nostalgia. Charlie's next comment however earned a small scowl. Her curtsying gave way to a disgruntled pose, resting hands on hips.

"And I remember you being disrespectful, at least one of our memories is in tact." The words may have sounded harsh but there was no real malice behind them.

She sighed wistfully, uncertain where to begin, and took a few steps closer until they were side by side. This close, Sam could see why the girl said that. She really had grown a bit.

"I have been..." she spoke slowly, still thinking of the exact answer, "well. Personally. The galaxy around me has changed exponentially however I predicted this and have made steps to prepare accordingly. It has meant that my duties have been relaxed somewhat and I find myself with more free time than I have ever had in my life."

A grin crept onto her face. "I thought perhaps I could spend that time seeking out old faces. And you, dear? You look healthy, has the Jedi way been kind to you after all?"

“There’s the Eliza I know!”

Laughter echoed from the Padawan as she covered her mouth trying to stifle it. The way Eliza’s pristine nature quickly faded into disgruntlement and protest reminded the girl of simpler times between them. Charlie did her best to wipe the tears that threatened to fall from her laughter and when things calmed down her arms once more folded casually across her midsection and she looked towards the smaller woman.

Charlie wasn’t used to her height yet for the most part. She was so used to looking up at people and not down or at eye level with them. It was a good thing she was still shorter than her Master, which would have been something worse to get used to. Nodding softly, Charlie showed her agreement to how the galaxy was changing and unfolding. Nations fell while others rose to power.

Musing over the comment of time being more available to her, Charlie chuckled. “So what you’re telling me is that you’re bored. Surprised you haven’t burned a world in your boredom.” A nudge against the girl’s arm to add emphasis and an excuse to make physical contact with her, a need that was a byproduct of being raised by an Echani.

The tall Seoulian girl looked down at her figure and moved a bit to show that she had grown up a bit and was properly fed. “For the most part, I got a bit chubby there for a bit and then grew. Everything became proportionate again – still costs an arm and a leg to keep me properly fed though.” Charlie grinned reminding herself of her possible dinner this evening.

“So seeking out old faces? Anyone besides me in particular?” A burning question lingered and despite the maturity she had gained, her curiosity got the best of her. “You missed me didn’t you? Thinking fondly of me after all this time?” A finger twirled a stray strand of dark hair from her loose bun as she sighed happily. “I had figured you’d reach out to me at some point.” All things considered, Charlie knew she had missed talking with Eliza – even with their rocky beginning. Another soft sigh and the padawan looked towards the girl beside her, “I’ve missed you too.”

[member="Samka Derith"]

Burning worlds. Was that a joke? A memory passed through her. Grim yet beautiful. If Charlie knew would she laugh and joke like this? Did the young Jedi have an inkling of what she was really dealing with? Apparently not. Come to think of it, Charlie had never even known just how powerful Sam was. They only met when her power was limited by circumstances. Even now Sam repressed signals of her strength, her aura detectable only to Charlie was that of a low hum of Force sensitivity.

There was no harm in this innocent act though. It was... strangely refreshing. The opposite of how most treated her.

"A few," she answered noncommittally then smirked at the girl's blabberings. Had she missed Charlie? She hadn't really thought about it. The teenager had been a point of entertainment at the least in a time which tried her patience with boredom. A teenage girl proven to be manipulated who could be useful tool for escape.

That's how it was supposed to have been anyway. Now she'd never have had to see the girl again. Yet she'd reached out and even Sam wasn't certain why.

"Yes, well, it was a long shot. I wasn't sure if you'd even get the message. If I had merely said it was me, I wasn't sure the Jedi would permit you to come. They may have let me go but they certainly never trusted the two of us alone together. Afraid of the things I'd do to your impressionable little mind," the Ren chuckled in a soft, almost sinister manner.

"As much as I admire these filthy, pollution riddled streets and their unique odour, we could find some more private to talk more?" Sam raised a quizzical brow to the Jedi. "But I doubt we can dilly dally for long. This place needs someone to sort things out before things go south and I look forward to seeing that someone in action," she said as a girlish smile rested on Sam's lips.

[SIZE=10pt]It was an odd sensation being next to Eliza and speaking casually like they were. After her departure from Silver Jedi space, she had figured the girl was lost to the wind. A hand rested against the Seoulian’s chin as she pondered and listened to Eliza explain her astonishment. Charlie shrugged softly and mused cheerfully over their encounter at the ice cream social. The look on Jyoti’s face when she had interrupted the conversation the two were having during that time made the padawan shiver. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Usually you’d be right. Though, I’ve been given a bit more freedom as of late. Something about being responsible and my impressionable mind not being so easily manipulated by the wiles of a nice face something like that.” Charlie chuckled finding herself clever at the partial compliment she gave her current companion. Looking around as Eliza mentioned the streets and the color of the whatever was going on here – she agreed with a nod. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“There’s a lot that isn’t pleasant here. There’s a lot of work to be done and it could take some time.” The hand returned to her face as she patted her lips in quiet thought. “Since you’ve called me out here – I’m not doing this alone you have to help me.” Reaching out, as if they hadn’t missed a beat, the Padawan grabbed a hold of the smaller girl’s wrist and dragged her along the road. “I passed a pretty nice-looking cantina in the area. They serve people my age. I’ve always wanted to go to a Cantina, but I usually sit outside or go during the hours they serve food and stuff.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Something inside her chest felt warm with happiness, she would be lying if she said she wasn’t happy that Eliza was on the other end of that shady email. [/SIZE]

[member="Samka Derith"]

Was that so? The Jedi was a bit wiser now was she? It matched what she'd seen so far but only time would truly tell.

Time and a few tests. Samka smirked at the thought just as Charlie claimed the Ren had to help.

"Oh do I n-" she was interrupted by one of Charlie's habits, she'd forgotten about. The dragging. It was useless to resist. Once the girl had the idea in her head, there was no getting loose. A small disgruntled sigh was all she could manage as her legs struggled to keep pace.

"Slow down!" She scorned the younger girl but they'd come to a stop anyway. Sam cast a glance between the cantina and Charlie. It didn't look particularly impressive but the girl seemed happy to be here.

The Ren's face almost immediately settled back into a smirk. "Then I shall lead the way if you're so inexperienced with such matters."

Striding through the doors with a skip in her step, Sam hummed a small tune to herself. Something she heard on a cartoon as a child. She hadn't particularly liked the show but the music had stuck with her at least.

Inside there were only a few scattered groups of humans drinking quietly. A sign prohibiting colicoids was prominently displayed. A few eyes turned to the young women as they entered but few lingered for long.

The droid working behind the bar gave a small beep of acknowledgement as Sam approached. "Hello, little machine. I shall have a large glass of Jyush fizz, thank you." The droid beeped again in acknowledgement, this time less enthusiastically as though judging Sam's choice of a fruity, sweet soda instead of alcohol. Ignoring the droid, Sam turned to Charlie and flashed a smile. "And you shall have? My treat of course!"

[SIZE=10pt]Charlie pulled her hand quickly away from Eliza as she tucked them under the covers of the shawl she wore over her clothing. The high neck provided a place to burrow her embarrassed face. In the back of her mind she could hear a scolding about her dragging people about in excitement. She wasn’t a child anymore and it was no longer something she should be doing. Still, Eliza stayed with her, it didn’t take long for the embarrassment to wash away. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]They wandered in and Charlie took to Eliza’s example. Confidence and an act were all she needed to get into the door. The droid waiter seemed to not care that she really wasn’t old enough to be in a place like this, which made this even more exciting. Leaning on her elbow, Charlie rested her head against her hand thinking. She wanted to order a grown-up drink, something that would probably impress Eliza – prove that she had grown up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Her nose wrinkled along with her brow as she focused on what she had seen others drink at the Temple along with in her own home with her Master. A ceramic mug continued to pop up in her head being held by the adults. Remembering what the drink was, Charlie quickly ordered – with composure of course. “Hmm, I’d like a cup of tea – in a white cup, sugar and honey.” Pleased with herself, she heard the droid trill and then head off to get the drinks. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Charlie smirked and leaned back into her seat and nodded. “See, I’m not the same child you met in that temple.” [/SIZE]

[member="Samka Derith"]

Taking her seat opposite Charlie, Sam chuckled softly at the girl's comment. "A true lady now are we?" Her attempt to prove something was obvious. "I thought the way you were talking, you were going to choose something alcoholic," she raised her eye brows as though daring the younger girl.

"Anyway," she reached for a datapad stored in her breast pocket. "I took the liberty of compiling a dossier for your leisure which should aid you on this task. I have included a timeline of events from the initial failings of the nearby turbo-battery manufacturing plant until the present day. If you so choose I also included additional details on the history of this settlement, the colicoids as a species and the local history between the two groups. In addition I have a list of names and addresses of notable individuals with a brief description of their role in this crises, you may wish to speak with some of them as per your fancy." Sam slid the datapad across the table to the Jedi, not batting an eye as she recounted her information. "There's also numerous miscellaneous information on details like the nature of local pollution, the lack of planetary assistance and shape of local politics if that proves useful."

She cleared her throat as the serving droid returned with their drinks before sheepishly adding "Sorry. Small talk should come first." Sam paused as she struggled to think of a topic. "So, you must... do you work alone often now?"

As Eliza chuckled at her and mentioned the alcoholic beverage, Charlie cursed herself knowing that probably would have been the most impressive choice. Still, she thought quietly and tried to find a time she had seen the adults in her life drink. Shaking her head, she ignored the thoughts and then found herself returning to the conversation mid-way with Eliza.

The conversation was business oriented and Charlie straighten her posture as she listened to the recount of information. She was a little disappointed seeing that this was a business meet up – nothing like she had assumed when she realized it was Eliza reaching out to her. Charlie continued to listen as she nodded along the way and took the datapad that was slid towards her. Eyes quickly scanned the information, a few presses with her finger she sent a copy of the data to herself in case Eliza gets called away. Handing the datapad back Charlie forced a smile and then nodded.

So you work alone often now?

A question that made Charlie think as the droid passed the drinks. She absentmindedly dropped 3 cubes of sugar into her tea and played with the string that as attached to the teabag. It was quite the shift in the conversation, first all business now a question about her. Charlie shrugged and continued to steep the tea. “For the most part, I’m at that weird place between Padawan and Knight so I have more responsibility than usual. I can handle myself alone or in a small team. I tend to work with one other person, someone more senior you know?”

Charlie figured Eliza always worked alone, she always was alone when they ran into each other. Biting her lower lip, Charlie struggled to find something to talk about that was appropriate. “Uh, well.” She trailed off trying to give herself some more time. “Where have you been? You know, I did miss you…and stuff.”

[member="Samka Derith"]

Sam tucked the datapad back into her pocket. They could look at it again later. Or not. This balance between duty and being social was difficult. Had she ever had a social call like this? Was that why she had to involve an assignment rather than simply meeting with the girl, if that was her intent?

The girl was nearly a Knight? My time had flown. Samka smirked playfully. "I'm more senior. I suppose that makes me your master for the day, hm?"

She stopped to take a sip of her drink. Cold, fruity, bubbly, exactly the way she enjoyed it.

"Where have you been? You know, I did miss you... and stuff."

Sam gave a small hum of acknowledgement as she put her glass back down (neatly on a coaster of course). The statement had caught her off guard a little. The Ren's eyes flickered to Charlie's. The Padawan was so disgustingly honest, she'd almost forgotten. The smile that returned to Sam's face was no longer a smirk or tease but something soft and reassuring. "I missed you too, of course. It's why I called you here."

Was that the truth? She'd said words like them frequently. It was always part of building trust with a target before a trap was sprung, reassure them that you both felt the same way. But there was no trap here. It was getting tougher and tougher to deny it to herself.

"Well," Sam sighed, deciding on how lengthy an explanation she should give. "I've been all over, I suppose. All different corners of the galaxy since I last saw you. I wish I could say it was pleasant but almost all was duty related and with my duties things can rarely be pleasant." Sam paused and suddenly began to eye the Jedi cautiously. The Silver Jedi has suspected she was related to the First Order, had that gotten to Charlie? "Charlie," the Ren spoke slowly and softly, "how much do you truly know about me? What I do and who I am?" It wasn't supposed to be an interrogation but Charlie had barely touched the surface of Samka. If Sam was starting to see the girl as something more than a tool or measure of entertainment then perhaps more transparency was required. That way she could judge just how 'real' this all was.

[SIZE=9pt]Charlie smiled softly as she heard that Eliza had also missed her. Having thought fondly of the girl in front of her, Charlie often wondered if Eliza did miss her. Despite their initial meeting, Charlie had found herself drawn in a way possibly fueled by curiosity. It never occurred to the padawan that wanting to know and possibly become friends with someone who upon meeting you, tricked you and then decided to attempt to kill you. It was an odd outcome for the pair, but Charlie hoped that they could eventually become friends – for the most part the Seoulian girl felt like they were. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The warmed cup rose and hung against Charlie’s lip, she sipped quietly as she listened to Eliza speak, questioning what the padawan knew about who she was. It was a good thing Charlie had the mug in front of her lips, it gave her some time to fully think about an answer. Jyoti from what Charlie knew, was the only other person to talk to Eliza while she was in custody. Even then, Eliza did have her freedoms for the most part. A soft sound of the mug finding its place on the table echoed as silence had fallen between them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Thinking back, Charlie couldn’t come up with anything. All she remembered from that time was that Jyoti wanted her to be careful around Eliza – which made sense since the girl tried to kill her. A slender finger scratched gently at Charlie’s cheek as she bit her lower lip in thought. “Uh.” She spoke, trying to find the words. “Eliza, I don’t know much beyond what you told me. I was warned to be careful around you when I was younger – mostly because you did try and kill me back at the shrine. Other than that, I don’t know anything really.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Somewhat embarrassed, Charlie wrapped her hands around her mug and focused on the brown liquid that rippled with touch. “Why do you ask that?” [/SIZE]

[member="Samka Derith"]

She knew... next to nothing. It made sense. It was doubtful the young girl would want to associate like this if she knew anything more. Samka sighed as she thought about what to say next. This wasn't the time or place for a full confession. She didn't even want to give one just yet. Dealing in secrecy was what she had done her entire adult life and it was not an easy habit to drop even now that the need for that secrecy had been reduced.

"I'm asking because you seem to be awfully accepting, Charlie." Sam let out a small humourless chuckle. "You said it yourself, I tried to kill you. That was our only interaction outside of the safety of the Rest. You don't know who I am beyond the surface but you do know that I follow the Dark Side, I am a liar and would have killed you were circumstances different. So I find it strange how... friendly you are to me."

Sam let the words settle in the air by taking a another sip of her drink. The sweetness stayed on her lips as she set the glass back down so she gave them a quick lick.

"This is neither time nor place for a full explanation," she continued, "but I could give you a few rough outlines if you wanted. I feel I owe you some honesty before we... well. You understand?" Honesty really didn't come easy to her.

Charlie sipped her drink carefully as she listened to Eliza. There was something there and she had always felt it. Her better instincts warned her and told her to dig, but she wanted to believe that somewhere there the woman in front of her was actually her friend. The girl was taught caution and to prepare for the worst, but deeper than that she was taught to care. Her cup returned to the table as she looked at it while trying to gather her own thoughts.

A coy smile spread across the padawan’s face as she brushed back a few strands of her dark hair from her face. “Ah,” She started still trying to find the words that continued to escape her. “I really shouldn’t be around you, I should probably be more cautious, but it’s really hard.” A nervous chuckle as she looked away from her current partner. “To be fair, you’ve actually been pretty nice to me after you tried to kill me.” Charlie figured it was because Eliza knew that she had been bested and would probably falter if she tried again.

Shifting in the seat, Charlie tried to think of something to say further, hoping to keep Eliza talking to her. It would be awkward if this was how things ended between them after such a long time.

“It’s not a big deal, it’s in the past and you’re a different person now – so it’s okay. I learned that I needed to forgive and move on – it’s when we don’t forgive and hate it’s when we lose the light.” Pausing, the girl gave Eliza a sheepish smile. “You know what I mean.”

[member="Samka Derith"]

Samka blinked in surprise. She didn't need to give the girl anything. It was, as she said, all in the past. How true that was remained... questionable but she wasn't going to make an issue where one apparently didn't exist. It was partly a relief but someone with a more malicious intent than herself could surely take advantage of one so trusting. Maybe a lecture for another time. Or not. Why should she care what trouble a Jedi Padawan got herself into?

Because she's your Jedi Padawan, a possessive voice in her head answered. The same one which struggled to share toys in her childhood and grew darker over the years, bending the other Ren below her rank to her will in often terrible ways simply because they were hers. This time though, the voice felt much less malicious and much more protective.

"Yes, well, that's settled then. That was surprisingly simple, I should try honesty more often," Sam giggled softly then leaned back in her chair, more noticeably at ease. "It's really hard to stay away then, is it?" The Ren battered her eyelashes in an exaggerated gesture as she teased the younger girl. "I can't say I'm surprised that my charm has swayed you so. We're just a few steps short of you worshipping me, Charlie, we'll get there soon enough." Sam's expression stretched into a catlike grin.

She wasn't yet aware of the gathering of Colicoids outside.

[SIZE=9pt]Charlie tilted her head as she listened to Elizah’s response. It was nice to know that the woman would be honest from here on out. She tried to push back the uneasy feeling that there was far more to this than she really wanted to know. Her cup made its way back to her lips as she nodded, the girl confused her uneasy feeling with her emotions about the woman in front of her. A part of her wished that this was far easier than how it had gone. They could have just been friends, plain and simple – but ideals were always a thing that separated people. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As the moment passed, Elizah returned to her usual self and Charlie gave a slightly confused smile as she placed the cup down back onto its small saucer. “Um, I’m pretty sure you’re the one that contacted me. I was just minding my own business.” The Padawan leaned back in her seat as she cupped her chin and gave a playful smile towards her companion of the evening. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“I think I should be asking you about if staying away was hard.” Eyes peeled away for just a moment from Elizah as Charlie looked out the nearby window. Things were happening outside, but she brushed them off for a time. Looking back to her summoner, Charlie shrugged. “It has been a little bit of time, but I’m going to assume you just couldn’t take missing me anymore.” A conceited little grin replaced the soft smile she wore. [/SIZE]

[member="Samka Derith"]

"Only because you have no means to contact me," Sam scoffed, "if you had, I have no doubt I'd receive a dozen messages within the first day that I left! I find you curious and amusing but I shalln't say that my heart ached with every moment we were apart," the Ren threw a smile every bit as conceited as Charlie's own back at the younger girl. "Unlike yours apparently. But very well, I had a mild craving to see my pet Jedi again."

Before she could say anything more, she sensed a commotion from outside, causing Sam to glance towards the window. It was followed by a series of loud noises. Animistic growls, men yelling and the rush of vehicles. Sam threw a glance at Charlie before rising to her feet and making her way towards to the exit back onto the street.

The cause of the commotion was immediately obvious. Armed humans and armoured trucks had began to set up at the end of the street. They didn't look like professional soldiers, more of a rag-tag militia but a gun was a gun. They were herding Colicoids together, the insectivores hissing and growling threateningly.

"You're being relocated, Governor's orders!" One of the men was yelling at a particularly resistant Colicoid which swiped back in response. Not an attack yet but a warning. The man raised his rifle in response and placed his finger over the trigger. "Be grateful we're not exterminating you vermin!"

Sam rocked gently on her heels, surveying the situation apparently totally nonplussed by the events around her, before turning to Charlie. "Well, Master Jedi, it seems your skills are needed. This is your mission. What should we do?" She placed a finger on her lip and gazed up at the Jedi inquisitively. "My skills are at your disposal after all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom