Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Civilized Weapon

So Kaili had jumped, latched onto a crystal and then promptly fallen towards the ground again after having dangled several meters above the ground. It was the best summary of what had happened, was it not? Her last few words, a couple of loud screams for Theodred to catch her still echoed around the grand chamber of the caves by the time she hit the ground. Or rather, when she had thought herself to hit the ground. The wind had certainly been knocked out of her and she remained tensed up into a half-cradling ball not fully aware that she had been saved by the inch of her life in a way that made it almost literal.

She remained curled up and tense for a few seconds before a careful eye opened to carefully look at her situation. She was… In Theo’s arms apparently. Second eye opened and her muscles began to ease up while they ever so slightly came to terms with still being alive. She held her crystal in a cramped grip as her other hand cradled the piece of broken crystal she had previously held onto and hoped not to fall.

That sure had worked.

“I am just fine.” She chuckled, a careful smile spreading on her lips as she looked at him. Then she was eased down, her feet seeking solid ground with an uneasy shake. She pocketed her own crystal but kept a grasp around her other crystal as her free hand reached out for the cape that had adorned her shoulders a few minutes ago. It came flying towards her and she grasped it firmly in her hand looking to fling it over her shoulders and seek its warmth.

“I am very okay with that.” She chuckled as the cloak hit the ground behind her. “And I am keeping this too.” She said while triumphantly holding out the bigger crystal chunk for Theo to see. “Saved me once, might save me again for all I know.”

Kaili let in a deep breath to still the last of her nerves.

“I survived that, huh?” She said and turned her attention back to the spire on the pillar. It was far taller than she remembered it. “Oh boy.”

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

"It was never in doubt", he said following her gaze back up the pillar from whence she fell. A smile formed on his lips before the situation required a laugh again. He inspected her crystal that had save her enough to allow him to get into position, "Yeap you could clunk someone over the head with that .. although it is very pretty". He felt a strange sensation, for the most part it was over their ordeal within the caves and to date so much had been achieved. But they are still in the bowels of the caves and had to get out before something else happened. Kaili still had to construct that saber of hers.

"Ladies first", he gestured toward one of the pathways that seemed to lead up toward the light that filtered from where? who knew. Naturally the question in his mind, as they began to climb the stoney ice pathway, was just how stable the ruins were and already he could feel his footing slip on the hard ice.

ICE_TEMPLE.jpg
The upper level in which they found themselves, vast and cold. A biting chill eating away at his bones the likes of which even Théo had never experienced and it was very rare that he shuddered from the cold. He put it down to the fact that Kaili had his cloak for warmth and with the previous events his energy level still needed to refresh, but it was different. More unforgiving.

This had been a chamber of great importance as one point, in the center of it was a disk with design so old it was unobtainable in meaning and Théo walked around it nonetheless, something told him not to walk across it. This had been a central area at one point, doors from other chambers leading into this one place and it would appear they are faced with yet another decision .. which door to take?

"When we get out of here I am going to drink the Howlin' Wolf Inn dry". He gaze dropped from the high levels to Kaili's face, "What do you make of this?".

[member="Kaili Talith"]

“You’re too kind.” Kaili laughed ever so softly at Theodred referring to her as a lady. She didn’t feel much like one, but that was hardly the point was it? A brow did perk at the light that shined into the room, but Kaili had come to understand at this point that there was no use in questioning the cave. It seemed to defy all means of logical or physical restraints. A cold spread in the room as they stepped into it and Kaili pulled the cloak in close to stave it off. There was no grip here, no way for her boots to find balance. It wiped any smile she had from her lips as a look of utmost concentration spread across her face. She could not afford to slip here, Theo would not let her live that down.

He asked her what she made of the room…

“Maybe it’s some sort of atrium or something. It looks like it was part of some kind of temple.” Her feet slid along the surface of the ice as she ventured inside. Steady as she went. “I think each door here leads either to other chambers in the cave or outside, and right now I know which one I’d prefer.”

Her eyes set on Theodred. She felt the need to clarify for whatever reason. “Outside.”

Slowly she stepped up into the middle of the room they had entered and looked around. This place was definitely something that had once held a meaning to the people who had lived here. Though for whatever reason they had lived here eluded her. She personally wanted to get away at this point.

“I’m f-” Her foot got caught in a bad angle, the sole of her boot sliding away and throwing her to her side, causing her to land on her arm with a thud. “Ow.” She groaned as she rolled over on her back. Her hand checked her arm for damage. Nothing serious, a bruise at most. “Fething ice.”

Head lifted and gently thudded back against the ice as she stared at the ceiling.

“I feel like this cave isn’t really done with us yet. That’s what I make of all this.” Kaili groaned once more and sat up. “Maybe these runes have something to say on the matter? I don’t know.”

“Should we… Look for a dictionary or something?”

It was odd, this place. Yet, no different to the rest of their experience in the caves of Ilum. The floor looked like glass, fragile if one was not careful underfoot. He had a strange sensation that one wrong placement of his feet would shatter it, especially since Theo was so tall and solid. It was slippery too, Kaili was not alone in finding the going difficult. He turned around quickly when he heard her fall, and took great enough to keep his own balance as he slid on the spot.

"Are you alright?", he asked his silly question, of course she was not. He tentatively made his way to her and in the process started to work out a method for crossing the surface with his feet sliding a little like skating. Theo reached out with his hand for her to take so he could aid her up, most likely this plan would be thwart with danger alone and could just as easily end up on his rump.

"If they have something to say on the matter, I wish they would bloody well lets us in on it". His eyes the only thing to move as if looking for a life in the very walls of ice and stone that surrounded them. As if expecting to see a set of eyes or something .. anything. But a grin crossed his face, "If you find a dictionary in this place", he said with a heavy end of skepticism and mirth, "I swear by the Gods of Midvinter I will run naked from the entrance chamber to the icy cold outside the caves and roll in the snow".

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Ice was such a far cry from the warm and pleasant beaches that Kaili had grown up with. She was used to warmth and sand dispersing through her toes as the waves rolled back into the ocean. Everything was cold to the touch here and there was no smell of salty seas. It was all slippery and aching butts on this world and she was already growing increasingly tired of it. Kaili rubbed at her rump as she stood with unsteady footing in the middle of the room. Her head nodded with a wincing grimace as Theo asked if she was alright. He seemed to struggle like she did it seemed. She hadn’t accepted his hand, but she was thankful regardless.

Independent — or rather, stubborn — as she was. She’d try things on her own. To the very last drop of sweat she could muster if it was needed of her. Or unless the thing she was trying to do was quite clearly out of her reach on her lonesome. Such as a crystal spire located several feet into the air. She was stubborn, but not an idiot.

“Well, let’s hope for your sake that you didn’t just sign up for hypothermia, huh?” Kaili blew a lighthearted raspberry at the man. “Alright, I am gonna go… Here…” Her attention set on a nearby door and she began to make unsteady progress towards it. The closer she got, the more it seemed to be an exit. “Hey, I think this is the exit-”

The bars of the arch slammed down into the ice and threw Kaili off-balance and into a struggle against gravity. Arms spread out by her side she found it again, bent over forwards with shaken arms and legs.

“Fark you too, cave!” Kaili shouted at the now closed gate. “Fark. You. Too.”

Hand moved up to rub at her nose bridge for a second before she set her attention on a nearby room and began to make way towards it. A groan parting her lips as she approached it’s door.

“Let’s just see what’s in here, huh?” The girl said and looked over at Theo. “Or maybe the doors are just gonna shut on us again. Seems like this place seems to enjoy that.”

How long had they been in this cave? Time seemed to have warped and he had no idea, for all he knew it had been only a few hours, or maybe days? This cave was far more tricky than that of Rhen Var, that 'gathering' had been a walk in the park by comparison. As the door slammed on Kaili, Theo could no longer hold in and the biggest belly laugh issued from him reverberating all around the vast chamber. He laughed so much his sides hurt. Although he doubted Kaili would find the amusement of it all, by the swearing that fell from her mouth. He truly did like this girl, she is great fun especially under trying circumstances.

"Hmm maybe?! but maybe we should stay put", he said strangely. He wanted to get out of here just as much as she did, but maybe they are meant to stay for the moment. He walk slide over to the center of the room right in the middle of the strange circle etched into the floor and sat down. "Best to sit on purpose than to fall on your arse". Kaili would probably think this a silly idea to remain, the frustration in the girl was readable enough without the force and she had a right to it .. but ...

"You got all your saber components hidden under my cloak there?". A cloak that looked better on her than him, in fact she looked most fetching in it. "You know, you would be a great asset to the Iron Empire. I wouldn't mind having your company around the corridors", he shot her his winning grin. Well he try couldn't he? it was worth a shot.

"You do have unfinished business, and maybe this freakin cave knows it". He patted the ice floor encouraging her to come join him and begin work.
[member="Kaili Talith"]

Her brows furrowed, her mouth hung open for a sharp exhale in disbelief to burst on through. He wanted to sit down? Just sit down in the freaking cave and, what, meditate? Her arms raised and rolled by her side in a frustrated shrug. Not a word parted her tongue no matter how hard she tried it. Mouth closed, arms dropped and her head shook with another sigh as she began to make way towards the man.

“Best fall with purpose than sit on your arse for nothing.” Kaili muttered as she folded the cloak around her legs and took a seat. She hunched down, the weight in her legs distributed ever so uneven, her butt finding the floor at a more rapid pace than she had wanted. Arse, meet falling on yourself. A huff of air was forced through Kaili’s nose from the fall on her butt, eyes rolling with yet another shake of her head. Her lips parted in a final mutter. “Well great, now we’re sitting down.”

“Yeah, I do.” The girl answered his question about her saber parts, but then he went into a sales pitch and her eyes set for the floor. “I don’t know.”

“Last time I did this whole ‘cause’ thing was a long time ago, and we have a Galactic Alliance as a result.” Her hand scratched at her neck, seeing the compliment more as a statement of fact than an attempt at something else. All things considered the girl wasn’t used to it, or perhaps her mind was simply in the wrong place to really take it in. “I generally don’t do those things.”

“I saw a mass grave as a result, helped go through it.” Kaili shook her head. “In that sense I guess I have more than just-” Mass grave. Allyson. Feth. Would she be… Eyes jittered again as they set for the floor. “Oh fark me. Allyson.”

There was a thick irony in the fact that something Kaili had directly or indirectly helped create was the cause of her own girlfriend’s demise. Her eyes wouldn’t water any less cause of it.

“I have more than a small amount of unfinished business.” She let out a shaky sigh and wiped away her tears before they had the chance to really come forth. “Not sure which of it the cave would want me to work on.”

"With a cause, without a cause .. you will see death and destruction regardless", he went into a mood. "So you might as well have one". But each to their own and Théo was not about to launch into a lecture on the matter. She knew well enough the workings of the galaxy outside these caves and he fully understood why people would want to avoid it all. Corruption was to be found everywhere, even in the so called 'good' camp but at least if one is in them, one can do something about that quarter of the galaxy. Can't be everything to everyone, can't be everywhere for everything.

He offered a smile as she sat near by him, "I think everyone always has unfinished business no matter how long they live. Get rid of one issue another will surely find you", what a barrel of laughs his mood was now. Maybe they had been in the caves too long, the frustration of not seemingly getting anywhere with what they had faced to this point, but at least if Kaili could complete her saber .. it would have not been for nothing. She had her crystal after all and that was something.

"One issue at a time huh?", he reached forward and used his hand to wipe away the loose ice and snow from the floor between them, making a neat surface for her to place her components on.

"You want me to do the 'Crystal is the heart of the blade' thing for you?". He was here to help her with this the best he could, offering his focus and energy if she required it. And those words of oath ..
((apologies for the late reply, work as been full on))
[member="Kaili Talith"]

Well, he wasn’t alone about going into a mood. Kaili’s legs propped up before her and slinked under the cloak to let her hug them. Theo was being rational and smart about it when Kaili could not, her mind being too occupied with the possibility that her fiancé was lying dead in a mass grave somewhere. A deep inhale swept through her nose and out her mouth.

“No.” She answered the man’s question. “If anyone should build this weapon it should be me.”

It was tradition to repeat the mantra of how lightsabers were hearts, hearts were crystals, and jedi were hearts or something like that but Kaili could not find the strength to utter it out loud. The components from her pouch was spread in even numbers before her now cradled legs. They all aligned in a perfect horizontal flow, a carefully considered order of business for when Kaili was to start the construction of her blade. It was meticulous, but she had practiced it before and at its center lie the crystal.

Her lips gently yet barely moved as she hissed the mantra in an inaudible whisper.

One piece after another lifted off the ground. Her saber coming together slowly but steady until the final click echoed across her mind. Control was let go, the lightsaber dropped into Kaili’s hand and she weighed it up and down as her eyes began to open.

“It is done then.” She said and placed it between the fingers or both her hands. “The light that guided her home.”

Kaili closed her eyes again with a sigh. “I pray I won’t have to use this.”

He sat watching as Kaili began to construct her saber. He did not hear her speaking, not with any audible words but it was clear enough she was reciting the mantra. It never ceases to amaze him watching a Jedi no matter their strength in purpose, form together their weapon .. and it is one regardless of what some may say. Never ignite a saber unless you are prepared to use it, and use it to kill.

"Well done", he said to her as she held her new blade, her only blade. "You should ignite it at least once, to see if it works". With that he reached for own lightsaber, Belawir never far from him, and ignited his white blade in salute to her as any Jedi would do.

The purpose for her coming to Ilum had been completed for the most part, both of them had faced more throughout this entire journey and with some major success. At least for him, Kaili on the other hand was only just beginning her journey through what life had dealt her and only the future would unveil the events to come for her. In some cases she would be much stronger to deal with it, in others.. more open to being vulnerable since her emotions are still very raw after the death of her lover. In the short time they had here, he had come to know her somewhat, like her even more and he hoped in the future their paths would cross again.

But they are still stuck in this cave.

"Time we left", he said as he stood up unsteady on the ice floor.
[member="Kaili Talith"]

Eyes set on Theodor with a somewhat absent glance. He was right of course. Kaili owed it to herself to at the very least test if the lightsaber worked before she moved on out of here, if such a thing was possible at all. Rising to her feet and struggling for a solid grip on the ice she eventually managed by placing her feet in a rigid position one before the other. With one arm to her side for balance and the other on her saber she sighed for a moment. This was it then. Eyes closed.

Snap-hiss, and a hum.

Eyes opened to look at the blue beam that shot out from her hilt. It reminded her of her mother’s eyes, almost. Of the clear waters of Kiara and the skies of Borleias. Her homes and childhood caretaker, two of which she hadn’t seen in almost too long, and it wasn’t Kiara. With everything that was going on Kaili had almost made it a point to avoid home. She couldn’t bear it, there was too much on her mind already with all that had happened.

The blade extinguished and Kaili nodded at Theo. “I want to get out too.”

Carefully turning herself around she threw a glance at the gates again. Still shut tight, still keeping her from going home again. Eyes closed again with yet another sigh as she flicked the blade on. Saber raised behind her she jerked it forward to toss the blade in a spinning motion towards the bars. The blade impacted against the metal…

The sound of chains lifting something crackled behind the walls…

… Nothing happened.

The hope in Kaili died again as her hand caught the blade on its return.

“Well, that was worth a shot at least.” She groaned. “Any ideas, Theo?”

A smile came across his face as the blue blade ignited and lit the cavern in which they stood, the blending of both sabers cast great shadows across the walls and illuminated the high ceilings as best the light would reach, light danced with the minerals trapped within the ice and with their movement sparkled with otherworldly essence, it was a sight to behold. "May the force be with you always Kaili", he said in reverence to the occasion before extinguishing his white blade and clipping the hilt to her belt once more.

It was foreign to hear such a noise as the chains in this place, but it meant something, Kaili's new blade hurled through the air back to her .. "Try again", he simply advised. And he waited to see if she was the key in which to get out of here. "Something happened, so try again". Never give up? find determination? was that what these blasted caves were trying to impart on them both?

There would be none of that, even if Théo had to carve a way out through the rock face itself to get out of here, somehow. But he and she would not be trapped that much he was certain of. Théo moved closer to the gateway, at mid point and ready should anything happened he could assist with so with saber at the ready, along with the force summon to him, the opportunity would not be lost if it presented itself. He hoped at least.

The sound of child-like laughter sprinkled through the room, softly that it was almost inaudible .. impish in nature and that of a boy. Théo's head turned to see if Kaili had heard it too, his brow raised in a questioning tilt but he continued to listen trying to ascertain it's origin .. he couldn't sense anything or anyone that might be the author of it. But there was something here with them now. These caves will not give them up lightly, it was almost as if they enjoyed their company and reluctant to let their guests go.

The giggling moved as if coming for nowhere and everywhere at once.
[member="Kaili Talith"]

In the end they did not share the same reverence for the moment. He saw an ancient ritual, Kaili saw herself slipping further away from the ideals she swore to uphold. A lightsaber was easy to both use and abuse. With the realization that she was now in possession of one she felt little more than worry for what she could become with it. Greater men and women had become more with less, but those men and women were none of the people that Kaili looked up to. She was nervous almost, her hands starting to shiver by the time she hooked her saber to her belt again.

Until Theo asked her to try again.

Soft sight burst through her nose.

Saber unclipped.

Saber ignited and thrown.

Once again nothing, and Kaili proceeded to look at the gate with disappointment, anger and confusion. A child’s laughter began to echo around the chamber and her patience was wearing thin. Her arm shaking, her entire body following suit as she gathered herself for an assault at the gate. One push burst from her hands, a second from the other followed by a third from her first hand again. The pushes kept coming, and the anger seeping out of the blonde woman’s aura began to leak.

Cracks Began to take shape around the gate.

She pushed onwards.

The cracks spread.

Kaili pushed onwards.

Part of the gate began to topple over and she kept the onslaught up until finally the gate itself simply… Fell off its rails and down to the ground behind the wall.

“We. Are. FREE. Kaili huffed under her breath and stepped through the broken door. “Kark this cave.”

Fiery amber eyes setting on the Valkyri behind her, her hate and anger, outright misery being nearly palpable in her expression. She had wanted to do that for a long while, but it hadn’t been like this when she imagined it. Eyes caught onto Theo’s and it was like being snapped out of it. Deep breath filled her lungs with cold air before she fell to her knees.

“Kark this cave.” She repeated in a broken whisper.

All Théo did was watch.

The welling of such emotions rippled through Kaili, it seemed to seep through her body and outward through the force. Anger, frustration and more importantly .. grief. It released through her power and hit the gate time and again until everything came tumbling down. Even her .. not literally of course. "Feel a little better for it?". Probably not but it might have helped some.

"You know, you are allowed to be angry. Frustrated and well .. pissed off". If others believed those elements of feelings and emotion lead to the dark side, they truly don't understand it or are weak. "It is good for the spirit", and how else does not understand them if they don't allow themselves to feel. Théo walked over to the fallen gate, lifted it and placed it against the wall to the side of the new opening. There was no purpose in his action other then to do something and not leave the place a mess.

He turned to look at Kaili, her eyes all aflame yet vanished upon finding his. Amber eyes, one might associate with a certain sect of force users. Yet he did not sense any palpable malice in her, no evil. However, not to say it could not happen .. it could happen to anyone if their path was to take them in a different direction. Some fall, some grow stronger because of a poodoo hand dealt.

"Free?", he was not certain they had been trapped to begin with, although it felt that way. "I hope so, but .. I think we have become a part of a game". A shadow moved across the surface of the chamber, followed by that childish laughter. And so Théo followed Kaili in through the gate, his saber ignited once more to throw light as they walked what appeared to be a long corridor of ice and stone. There was no markings, no cleverness in design just a simple tunnel leading to who knew where.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom