Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Chapter Closed

CIS3.png

FAITH BETRAYED
The Royal Palace of Eiattu did beam with revelry as it tended to. No that much would not be, not so long as the King found himself wallowing in a darkness he never found before. It wasn't anger that brought him here, nor mourning. But it was betrayal. At least betrayal as he saw it. And so his fingers fumbled over the activation notches of a recording device. A thousand thoughts flooding his mind in how he would word the decree and how it would be sent. Whether this would be the end of it or whether there was further chaos to pay. Seconds passed into minutes. And the minutes gathered more and more as time continued to tick even as he fought back the emotion and volatility he knew his decisions would put in place. For the family that his rulings would condemn was a family who found it oh so very hard to forgive and forget. But even so, Alden would no longer allow himself to be taken advantage of. Not as he had or so long to this point. His good nature and desire to only do what's right having been taken for granted and now only to see that crumble all around. That man who'd made excuses internally for a number of transgressions he'd witnessed now doing so no more. His refusal to acknowledge a very evident truth now cast to the side and his acceptance of it all coming over him with unbridled force.

The grip of his metallic prosthetic flexed, threatening the structural integrity of the device held within. But finally his thumb moved to activate it and the words began to flow forth from his lips. Hushed and reconcilable. They were affirmative and carried little in the wake of heavy emotion. But instead, of a steadfast determination. They were to be the final thing he would say of the matter at hand and toward to those whose ears they were intended.

"Faye Malvern,

It has become clear to me now that what I may have once thought was real, was nothing more than a facade that has now crumbled. For if there was a truth to what had been, then my words would not have been met time and time again with nothing but silence. Your heart, if it ever did have warmth to it, has grown cold, and I realize a particular truth that I had been so blind to see before.

I will be a pawn in the Malvern quest for power no longer. I am removing myself from that board and will no longer be a piece to be played in this game any longer. Where I lay awake at night in denial of this truth before, I now accept. The veil that hid what I now see to be your true motive has been stripped away, and with it any and all connection between my house and yours. For if what had been before was true, I would not have been left without a second thought nor word as you fled this home.

Let this letter serve to notify you that the ties and vows we made previously have been annulled, as has any claim you may have once had to Eiattu and her people. The Priamsta are aware and have henceforth stricken your name, and that of Malvern from any record. There is no longer a place in my home, nor my heart, for you as I can see now there was never that place for me in yours.

In truth, I am grateful for what has transpired, as it allowed me the time to reflect and, in turn, save myself and those around me from the horror and pain such ties would have brought in the future.

Note now that any response or pleas you send in return will be met with the same that my words were met with for so long.

Silence.

This chapter is closed.

Alden Akaran"

The thumb fell off the switch and he sat it down to the desk before him. That was it. It was over. And his decree of such was final. Both in him and in the Priamsta. All ties severed, with little hope of being once again made.

He ejected the small tape and packaged it, pressing upon the face of the packaging his seal. Handing it off to the attendant of the chamber, the message would be sent, and a recording to be backed up and saved for evidence should it have ever deemed to be needed.

ADiver.png

illyrian300.png

R E S P O N D

After months of waiting patiently for Alden to return to her side, this was the last thing Faye had expected. It was incredibly foolish of her to feel elation at the prospect of a recording from Alden. She could only curse at herself for how silly she had seemed beaming ear to ear when the servant had handed it to her.

Faye listened. To the recording, and to the sound of her heart shattering into a thousand pieces. It was only when the tears stopped flowing that she gained the courage to reply in kind.

"Alden, my love.

What well of poison have you been drinking from to believe that the love we shared was nothing less than true? If my heart has grown cold then it is only because of the distance you forced between us with your constant absence. I have done nothing but wait for you, my love. Am I to blame for finding comfort in my family when the warmth of yours long since departed?

Perhaps.

You are no pawn in the Malvern quest for power. Though your words are cruel and cut me deep, I have no desire to hurt you, but I must admit. You are no pawn. If this life were comparable to a chessboard, then you would be a bystander, watching the game from the side-lines in the shadow. The Malverns do not require you nor Eiattu’s power to be relevant. On the contrary, in fact.

If you do not believe me when I say I truly do love you, then you need only look to this fact to find the truth.

Adron despised our match when we first told him. My sweet, have you never wondered why? He did not feel betrayed by you, or me. It was simply a matter of a poor match. You brought nothing to the table, and my future with you was as bleak to him as the waters of Eiattu. None of that mattered to me. My brothers desire for power was dominated by my desire to spend the rest of my life with you. I would have given it all up. Every last jewel, dress and castle.

Just to be with you.

However, from the tone of this recording, I can tell that your heart is no longer truly your own. For one, you would never be so cowardly as to say such things behind the comfort of a desk. You were braver than that once, my love. Far braver. Instead of fighting you through this thin imitation of conversation, I too shall release you of the vows you made to me. Your recording has given me time to reflect and realise how right my brother was.

I know silence is what you beg after this, and I can only heartily agree with this decision. Despite everything, I wish you all the best.

Francesca Malvern."
wrappingpaper.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom