Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Chance Meeting over a Droid

fe2e555d1ef871ada836e8ff7f7bd980.jpg
Planet: Hilo​
Objective: Catch a Droid​

Seto disliked these kind of missions, the ISB has plenty of Field Agents and Operatives but even with Seto's reservations he could not let a chance of failure happen under his watch. I guess this isn't so bad after all Seto mused as he walked along a busy street, species of all kind moved around the young Inquisitor, all unaware of this Imperial Inquisitor walking among them. "Damn droid," Seto muttered, voicing his thoughts as still wasn't very happy even with his reasons.

Droids were impossible to track with the Force, Seto only sighed as moved away from the busy street and into a mostly abandoned alley. His datapad brought up and Seto inspected his information that was given to him by the ISB. It was a small Probe Droid that apparently never had its memory wiped. Now the probe droid contained information that Seto needed to make sure would never been seen by another pair of eyes.

The tracker on the droid had led Seto to this city, but with so much interference it made locating the droid with any precision difficult. With a heavy sigh Seto stepped back into the street and continued his search, the droid had gained some sense of awareness but it wouldn't be enough and an Imperial Probe Droid shouldn't be that hard to find right?

Heavy breathing Seto forced his legs to keep running, that damn droid was right in front of him. I'd be damned if I let this droid outsmart me! Seto fumed as he dashed through a rather dark alley, chasing after his droid. Seto twisted his body and nearly smacked into a wall as he made a tight turn, his eyes focused ahead of him, targeting that droid.

You're mine you droid!

[member="Talaya Rade"]

"Hilo aye, Talaya. .?" She'd question herself while glancing in a window along the streets. Her reason for being here? It was simply where the passenger ship she "allowed" herself onto landed. Having fled from her family in acceptance of her father never returning, the lost female decided it was time to become a woman. To explore the galaxy, to sight-see as she so desperately wished to do with her father. The equation had changed, and in the distance she could hear the sound of credits being added up. Disappointed grunts, and a untrusted man's snickers from within a crowd of folks. Hands within her pockets, she'd peek her head. "Nope. ." Not close enough. Rose on her toes. "Nope. ." Not close enough. Ultimately she decided to push through the crowd. "Pardon me. .'scuse me." Within the crowd she found a snaggle-toothed male playing a gambler's game on the seat of his speeder bike. "Alrigght! Alriight! You sorry bunch. If ya ain't got no credits to gamble, you ain't go no reason to be 'ere! Move aloonng!" He shoo'd the many folks who had lost. Interest seized, she found herself stepping forward. "You. .? Whats your bet?" -- "Hmm? Oh. .I'm beyond broke, man." She flashed a smile. The man briefly snickered. "Well take your pretty lil' curls and run along to daddy." Some of the crowd chuckled alongside the gambler. She'd look around. At the crowd. At the man. At his speeder.

"You want a game, hmm? I'll give ya one. You win. .I'll let you do whatever you want with me. I win. .you keep the money. But give me the bike." The crowd seemed taken back. Momentarily in awe. The gambler looked to his boys. Each man looked her top to bottom, very angle. They'd nod to him. And so, she'd flash a ball. Placing it on the bike's seat, he placed three cups down with one cup covering the ball. Swiftly he began to switch them around. By the end of a minute, he'd have a snaggle-toothed grin pointed at her. "Go ahead n' pick, fancy curls." The woman's eyes switched left to right. Placing a hand on the left cup, it grew silent as she stared at the man. The scene tense. After a few seconds, she switched to the middle cup and pulled it. ". . . . . ." For once, the vocal gambler was silent. In Talaya's hand was the fuzzy ball and on her face was a smile of relief and faked confidence. Hopping on the speeder bike, she'd rev it up abit and the crowd would part to allow her through. She'd come to a stop and look behind her. "Hey uh. .thanks. I-. ." A blaster shot whizzed past her cheek. The angry gambler was seen huffing and puffing, a firearm in hand. "Shut it, you karkin' cheat! No one beats Higgs. NO ONE!" He'd point outward. "Get 'er, boys!" And so, a group of speeder bikes would emerge through the crowd and begin their pursuit of Talaya. Zooming through the streets, she'd loosely avoid blaster shots and numbered insults. Shortly, she'd whip into the alleyways and squint her eyes to see what was an outline of a ---. .CLUNK ! The speeder bike's front would smack against a droid's frame, and fling its rider to the ground with a heavy tumble. Behind her was a total of three thuggish men with speeder bikes forming a blockade. One had a blaster, the other held vibroblades. "Haa! Woulda been better off shakin' your end at a nightclub. Alleyways a poor place to die."

[member="Seto Du Couteau"]

Seto felt the world slow down to a crawl, his eyes wide as the droid suddenly crushed by an oncoming speeder bike. Time continued to crawl as Seto's instinct kicked in and he forced himself to a stop. A body had flown off the speeder and the droid now laid in a heap along with the crashed speeder, his mission in a pile of scrap metal. Seto's look of amazement and disbelief was frozen on his face, still unable to fully comprehend what and how the events unfolded in front of him.

"What just happened?" Seto finally asked, his eyes tracked to the figure that was launched from their speeder before he turned to face new noise of several more speeders. Their animosity and anger lit up Seto's senses and quickly he turned to address these three bikers. He moved closer to the wreck speeder and now stood in between the crumpled figure that crashed and the other three bikers.

"Now isn't this interesting?" Seto spoke loudly, "And you lot destroyed my droid, you buddy here owes me now," Seto explained.

"What?! We owe you nothing and that woman ain't with us, she stole from us!" One of the Thugs shouted in response. "So frack off, she's our keep!" He added angrily.

Seto turned around and noted that the figure was the woman they mentioned, And she's still alive Seto thought as he turned his focus back to the other three with narrowed eyes. She ruined my entire mission Seto sighed, his left hand massaging his temple. "How am I suppose to explain this to the ISB?" Seto asked himself in a mutter.

"Hey you piece of wampa filth! I said to. Frack. Off." The Thug ordered, even more angrily than Seto thought possible.

Seto wearily lowered his hand, all three speeder thugs in full view, Seto stretched out with his right hand. Everyone pointed their blasters at Seto, all with anger and Seto focused on the biker's weapon. Not their blasters but their Vibroblades, using the Force on living creatures could be a struggle, but on weapons they weren't ready to use? Seto's fingers twitched, slowly holding firm to each vibroblade as the unsuspecting bikers laughed.

"What you think you're some sort of spoon bender?" They all laughed at their own joke.

A smirk appeared on Seto as his only response and clenched his fist, each blade stabbed into each biker's leg. Each screamed in pain and surprise, some even fired at Seto but a crimson blade lit up to meet and deflect each blaster bolt.

"I don't think I'm a Spoon Bender you want to mess with buddies," Seto called out.

Each had fear now in their eyes, replacing their anger from before as they turned their speeder bike around to run away. Figuring they weren't getting paid enough or not worth the effort to deal with a Force User. Besides they better check their wounds, they might bleed out Seto mused as he turned to face the woman that brought him this unwanted attention. He wasn't exactly sure if they'd come back with more, so Seto mused that maybe they should leave this alley as soon as possible.

"So, who taught you how to drive a speeder?" Seto asked, a raised eyebrow in question, "-Because they owe you a refund," Seto explained, his lightsaber no longer ignited and now attached back to his belt.

[member="Talaya Rade"]

The downed female would blink, vision glazed by a blur. With the sound of retreating automobiles and [member="Seto Du Couteau"]'s voice in ear, she'd quickly snap to her senses and raise with a gasp. The young Talaya was seen patting herself around, ensuring all her necessary parts were intact. Huffing with a lowered head in relief, she'd sprout a subtle smirk and shakily raise to her feet. "Never drove one a day 'n my life. Could uh. .could'a been worse though, right?" Turning to the pile of machine. .s, she'd turn to Seto. Then left. Then right. "Mm. .on second thought maybe not. Well in any case I guess I have you to thank for my life." A moment of silence would pass before she decided to stick her hand out. "Talaya." She'd flash a rather genuine, feminine smile. The woman's eyes were a deep blue, hair loose and curled. "Won the uh. .speeder there in a gambler's bet. Gambler didn't take it too well." The female looked past the alleyway, "Was hopin' to sell it and get the first ticket off this planet." Looks to the pile. "Think they take scraps?" She'd follow with a disappointed laugh.

Great, she's probably good at driving a speeder as I am piloting a Starship Seto thought wearily, he gave Talaya a once over and paced back and forth in front of her. "You're cognoscent, not evidently delirious and can remember what happened before your accident," Seto explained, "No concussion good," Seto added before accepting her hand shake. Well hopefully no concussion, it was after a nasty fall.

"Seto Du Couteau," Seto introduced, Just my luck I meet a thrill seeker, "-And things could have diffidently gone worse if I wasn't here," Wish we'd met up differently too, with my droid not turned into a scrap heap. Seto sighed as he moved back to the wreck and knelt down to look through the droid's remains.

"If you were looking to make some credits," Seto started as he dug to find a mostly intact memory core ​Well that's fortunate, "-Try Sabaac, that's somewhat less dangerous," Seto explained as he stood back up to face Talaya. He looked at the memory core before attaching it onto his belt, letting it hang on his side for a moment. This feels all too like de ja vu, Seto remembered himself back at sixteen, causing havoc and other shenanigans.

"Come on," Seto gestured with his right hand to move along next to him, "-Let's get out of here before those goons comeback with more and ruin your pretty smile," Seto did not want to cause a scene and if bodies begin to pile up, that was some unwanted attention that Seto intended to avoid. If I can help it He thought.

[member="Talaya Rade"]

The woman rubbed a bit at the back of her head. She'd received a headache, but if she were to become an explorer she'd need to have thick skin. Before long, she was walking alongside [member="Seto Du Couteau"] while occasionally looking over his features. His equipment, clothes, perhaps even an insignia representing where his allegiance was placed. Nevertheless, she spoke in a casual manner. "Cards? I reckon I'd sooner become the greatest speed biker that ever lived. Never could develop a good poker face." As they departed from the alleyway, she looked to the male and opted to sate her curiosity. "I'm sure I got in this trouble to begin with for bein' too curious, but tell me somethin'. What's a guy doin' in alleyways, pluckin' cores from drones? Infact. .those thugs seemed scared of you. I reckon you're faaar, far, far from normal, Mr.Seto. So spill it."

Seto straightened his vest and fixed his tie as they moved out of the alley. Looking like some young big shot high roller offered Seto more freedom than if he were to walk around in his Inquisitorial robes. Aside the fact some people don't look fondly on the Imperial insignia. Regardless Seto gave Talaya a side glance towards her questions. Seto felt the Force strongly in her, much different from everybody else, and wondered to himself where these questions were coming from actually. ​Curiosity and luck? Or something intentional?

"You're right, asking questions can land you into trouble," Seto replied, before offering a shrug, "-But I'm not that kind of trouble and yes I'm not that kind of normal either," Seto laughed at his admission, "-Yeah, not really normal, a bit more Imperial here, and some Inquisitor there, not scaring you am I?" Seto explained and asked, offering a cheeky grin.

[member="Talaya Rade"]

Couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Depends. Should it? Spent my whole life on one planet. Wastin' the days away waitin' for a man that'd never come back. I'm abit out of the loop on who're the goodies and baddies in the galaxy. For now. .you're [member="Seto Du Couteau"]. A man that fits his attire well, and the man that saved me." She'd begin to walk along the streets, ever-curious gaze looking at both people and scenery. "And since I now know my uh. .curiosity won't land me a blaster bolt through the chest, tell me somethings. What'dya do for a living? Hows the galaxy treated you so far? Oh! And which planet so far has the best desserts. I've been dyin' for somethin' sweet ever since I left ho- . ." She paused, a momentary look of sorrow. Shaking her head abit, she dismissed it. "Infact. .tell me of this planet. I'm. .fairly new here and I'll admit." She'd casually look over to the crowd she engaged with earlier full of gamblers. "First impressions weren't so smooth."

First time exploring the galaxy? Ain't that whimsical Seto mused as he nodded, understanding her current plight. It was only a few years since Seto himself first began exploring the galaxy and entering into the galactic scene. Possibly not my greatest decisions ever, Seto thought, but for the moment had a fearless companion walking next to him. ​She doesn't even care if I'm an Inquisitor, what a strange and cruel galaxy I'm in. .

"The galaxy isn't kind to me, but hadn't stopped me from enjoying myself or the galaxy," Seto responded, true enough words, "-As I said, I work for the Empire and well," Seto offered a shrug, "-This Galactic Civil War has made the entire galaxy fearful that this War might be brought upon their very homes," Seto began to explain.

Seto gestured to Talaya to enter inside a very empty Cafe, probably due to the expensive menu, "-But that hardly means to wallow in fear but instead to enjoy enough of life to have no regrets when the end does come, so I understand where you come from Talaya, sort of kindred spirits I guess," Seto finished. He moved over to an empty table, holding out a chair for Talaya before sitting down across from her once she took her seat.

"Order your sweet desert, it's on me don't worry," Seto started to say, gesturing to the menu, "-This establishment has very talented chefs and on Hilo itself it is very highly rated, they have several locations across the planet." Seto finished, before adding, "But if you're looking for the very best deserts and other delicacies well, that will take quite some time to figure out," Truthfully Seto wasn't sure himself, he had enjoyed from hundreds of restaurants but a definitive top one place?

[member="Talaya Rade"]

Talaya entered the cafe without much, perhaps a subtle stomach growl, but it beat her alternative should [member="Seto Du Couteau"] been absent. Accepting the chain held out for her, she briefly placed a hand on the male's shoulder before sitting. "You're sweet, Seto." Browsing the menu, one leg seemed to naturally cross over the other in feminine fashion. Despite her calm, relaxed expression, she expressed in inward glee from the mere sight of all the cafe's desserts. She wanted chocolate, and she wanted it bad. If not, then something that looked like it. With a brief chuckle, the woman's blue eyes were set to Seto. "It's fine, it's fine. We'll save 'the best' for another time. Until then. ." She placed the menu on the table, tapping it gently. "This." The image seemed to be a double stacked, chocolate delight with caramel in streaks from top to bottom. This made the woman smile. Sitting back abit, she tapped her cheek. "Enjoy life enough to have no regrets, eh? That why you were playin' tag with that droid earlier?" Her head cocked abit, face ridden with muse at the idea. "I'm uh. .a curious woman. But I won't invade your privacy if I can help it." Adjusts herself in the seat abit. "What I know is. .I'm looking for an adventure. Somethin' that can bag me a nice sum of credits. Can't have alley chasers buyin' my sweets for me forever. However pleasant the idea is. I'm not a card player, not a credit gambler, I'm an explorer. .and admittedly. .a thrill seeker. A woman's got desires, man. Think you can sate 'em with a good adventure?"

"It's not my privacy I'm worried about being invaded," Seto responded, he had hoped they would had the dropped the droid subject. ​Even I'm not entirely sure what's in this Memory Core Seto mused. Honestly, that was a subject for ISB and not Seto himself. Seto called for one of the server droids to order Talaya's desert and Tea for himself, he turned back to face Talaya and nodded. Seto had many regrets, hardly a surprise, but the type of regrets he wanted to avoided were those of inaction and choosing the 'safe' option.

It seems that Talaya also wanted a life full of adventure and find the excitement that this galaxy has to offer to her, Seto chuckled before responding, "An explorer who only just left her home planet?" Seto had meant people with good heads on their shoulders and others, well, their heads weren't staying long on their shoulders in his opinion. "After this droid fiasco, I have another mission to complete, already sent out feelers to attract more Freelancers but I got room for more people," Seto finally explained, leaning forward closer to Talaya.

"The question is what are you bringing to the table?" Seto asked, If she's looking for a job from me she gotta sell herself instead of just giving me aspirations. Seto was charming and quick thinking, Sweet in some cases, but he wasn't about to overlook qualifications when it came to a somewhat dangerous mission. "-Because I'm looking to spend credits on people, not body bags at the end of this job," Seto added, his smile tugged the corners of his lips.

[member="Talaya Rade"]

Sat there. Expression rather blank as she looked at the dessert placed before her. It was almost enough to drown out [member="Seto Du Couteau"]'s words, but quickly her distracted eyes returned to Seto. "Hmm? A girl can dream, can't she? I like the ring it has. Makes me sound less inexperienced than I am. Talaya, the explorer. But I get'cha. You wanna make sure those credits get put to good use. Annd. .well. .that all depends. Can you fly a starship? Are you. .good with mechanics and technology? No?" She'd accept a spoon full of her dessert. "Then I'm your girl." Down the hatch it went. "Thing is. .I'm low on firearms n' means of protection. Annnd by low. .I mean I none at all. Matter of fact. .I don't even have a ship to fly. So, Mr.Seto, are my skills worth you gambling the bit of credits you're willin' to pay me?" She'd look to the male in a curious manner, occasionally feeding herself all the while. "Besides. What's this mission anyways and. . .oh! How many people are already signed up?"

Seto nodded, happily, “You’re a woman after my own heart,” he responded with a small laugh, he dug into his belt and pulled out his HoloCommunicator. It was already prepped for Seto as his briefing, thus was perfect for this situation. He brought up an image of the asteroid he intended to investigate.

“The mission is simple, explore and determine the nature of this station, our early scans and flyovers place this piece history back during the old republic, maybe younger or older,” Seto explained with a shrug, “-It’s been sitting in deep space, no other planetary body in light years of it, no signs of life only small energy readouts,” Seto further explained. He grabbed his cup of tea and took a moment to enjoy his drink.

“I got one excellent Hacker and two more unsure, and unfortunately I can only risk minimal Imperial personal,” Seto further added, “-Thus the job offer, fifthteen thousands credits upfront, and for protection,” Seto gestured towards himself, “Imperial Inquisitor along with a very small complement of troops to keep our landing zone secure.” Seto finished.

Seto stretched out his hand over the table, offering both his hand and a smile to Talaya, “So, what do you say? If you have no ship, no issue I’m heading out right now to my mission and I got my transport already waiting for me,” Seto asked.

[member="Talaya Rade"]

Talaya both observed, and ate rather quietly as the [member="Seto Du Couteau"] briefed her on the mission at hand. She'd be seen with her head a bit lowered in thought for a minute or so, before looking back up. "So. .you're meanin' to tell me for fifteen thousand credits you want me to risk my life to delve into deep speed faarr from any source of life to discover whats goin' on with a . .asteroid?" Her brow was raised in curiosity, a dramatic pause allowed to pass before she scooted her seat closer to accept the male's hand. She gave an honest shake before her lips spread to smile. "You had me at 'explore'" With a brief nod, she released her hand and watched as a bot took her emptied plate. "I say. .lets get to it, Seto. Quicker we finish, quicker I can get me somethin' nice to explore the galaxy in. 'Till then. .I guess we're uh. .ship buddies?" She'd shrug, unsure on the proper terminology. "Lead the way."

"Ship mates?" Seto questioned before shrugging, "-Let's just call ourselves partners," Seto responded as he stood up and paid for their meals. "Besides my ship that we're going to use is pretty big, but try to refrain yourself from exploring too much of it," Seto explained as he gestured for Talaya to follow him out of the cafe.

"And on the way you can tell me how you would like those credits, either transferred to an account or on hand," Seto added, he pulled out his Comm-Unit and had his ride ready a land speeder to come pick them up and take them to the nearby Starport. There it would be a short trip from Seto's personal shuttle and to his Star Destroyer given to him for this next mission.

"Let's gamble for the best, make sure we're ready for the worst," Seto said, his smile unwavering.

[member="Talaya Rade"]

Stood and accompanied [member="Seto Du Couteau"] out the door. "In hand'll do, . .partner," She'd say with a pleased smirk before it faded and they were transported to the starport and later up to the star destroyer. She'd look at Seto, then at the Star Destroyer. Then at Seto, then back at the Star Destroyer. <"What're the odds. Every partner I've made so far seems to be uh. .rich."> Looks at the ship's length and such. <"Really. .rich."> Turning to Seto, she'd match his smile and nod. "We're gonna have a good time, you n' I. I just. .feel it." And so, she'd begin her journey to the asteroid with a new partner. Inwardly, she expressed a bit of unease but this was the life she signed up for. Exploring, making friends, taking names. And this was just the beginning.

Queue outro star wars music, and hyperdrive scene.

Thread Complete
[member="Seto Du Couteau"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom