Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A business proposal (Cade Lee)

Dear Mr Lee,

Greetings, my name is Sargon Vynea Governor of Bakura. On behalf of the Fringe I would like to invite you to a cordial business meeting to go over several business opportunities. I understand given the growth of sales in Blast Tech you may be notable busy, but I promise you, you will find your visit both profitable, and enjoyable.

Governor Sargon Vynea of Bakura

@Cade Lee

Lex-El

An Honest Man
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Bakura
Landing Pad to Governor's Residence

Finally, he mused to himself as the shuttle touched down. "Mar," as the droid was called stood to it's full height of seven feet. The Mirari droid was covered in a black cloak, only it's red photoreceptors visible behind the veil of it's hood. Strange that a man of his wealth would only have one droid, even one that was specifically designed to be the perfect aide should situations get testy. The secret compartment in it's thigh that held a lightsaber hilt was known to not a soul, and couldn't be detected on mass or any other scanners. At best, it just appeared to be another piston in the upper leg that helped move it at the speed and fluidity to which it's creator had intended. That's why Cade Lee, though not standing to his full height, was still walking confidently and briskly in the territories of the Fringe. He was used to these high-stakes deals, and used to being in places deemed less than safe. Despite what the public story on the matter was.

If he took the ring on his right ring finger off, well he wasn't suddenly a blip in the Force like everyone else. That was the secret, and would stay that way. So when he approached the Zabrak awaiting him, he stuck a hand out as his droid kept a fair distance. "Greeting's, I'm Cade Le-Lee, I couldn't be more thrilled that you finally gave me a call!" Mar followed with a massive case in it's left hand, one that no human could dare hope to hold.

The Bakuran shipyards were a growing spider web of production, and Sargon decided some outsider investments could put Bakura on par with a Core world. Mr Lee seemed like the perfect solution to his problem, and Blast-Tech was sure to gain quite a bit by such an agreement. As such Sargon had choose a rather picturesque view of Bakura from the shipyards and awaited one of the richest men in the galaxy.

He'd chosen a black suit, with the jacket left open for a formal, but relaxed feel to the meeting. His aide was with him to take notes, as well as a member of the board controlling the Bakuran Shipyards. The last was there mostly for show as between the Fringe's controlling stake an the hidden knowledge that Sargon himself was about to buy a large chunk of the shares and enter the ship building business himself. Between the two facts the board would stay out of the on the matter, and leave Sargon to make a full decision.

As @[member="Cade Lee "]joined the group in the conference chamber Sargon stood to met him half way, and shook his hand. "Mr. Cade, its a pleasure to have you here. I'm sure you are curious as to what we've asked you here for so I'll get to the point. You already know I'm sure you are one of the absolute premier weapon suppliers in the galaxy. We would like to start using your weapon systems in the Fringe military, and throughout its territory. What worries us is your ammunition problem. You don't produce any close enough to keep us supplied honestly. While you current factory output is more then enough I'm sure in the case hostilities do arise how would we be sure those supplies would reach us?"

Sargon had opted to cut out the large conference table and instead opted for a smaller one with a holo emitter for presentation purposes. He chose not to used it and simply pointed through the clear floor towards a large unused piece of land on the surface of Bakura. "I'll be honest Mr. Lee, I'm looking to make jobs for my people, and some tax money. I'm offering government land to build on, and a secure site for you purposes. I'd also like to open up a possibility to you of your first lease on a shipyard. What I'm bringing to the table is the chance to be the first real company out in the Fringe with a very strong base of sales to our government."

Lex-El

An Honest Man
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Cade shook the Governor's hand before taking a seat at the table with his bodyguard droid, Mar standing a few paces away and his lawyer at the table as well. Then he got comfortable as Sargon went into the meat of his speech, and Mr. Lee was thoroughly pleased. The Fringe area of space was one he hadn't fully accessed, due to time and the rapid expansion going on. What outdated factories had been there for BlasTech before it's re-branding into Blas-Tech Industries had long been destroyed, and their products were thoroughly outdated in the region. If there wasn't a more fertile land for his (already admitted, enormous business) this was it.

"Okay, what I'm seeing here looks good. You want to give me an area to produce my ammunition, and what I'm going to ask you is this. I've negotiated several high-stakes deals with all the governments in the galaxy. I'm literally everywhere, and getting my technology essentially puts you right in line with everyone in the galaxy." He leaned forward a little bit, a smile creeping on his face as that stutter dissapeared. "I'd like to get a world to test my new technologies on, as well as low state taxes for being in the area along with no tariffs put on me for shipping out of fringe space. I also ask for you to protect my facilities and we start our agreement on a five year term. If I fail to meet the requirements of the terms put before me once the facilities I produce are done,then you may collect your money back from me. I in turn will ask that you not try to reverse engineer all my patented technology, and exclusively buy my blasters. Failure to do that will result in me receiving the full pay of this contract and the forfeiture of my services."

Sargon thought over the proposal for a moment as looked over the world of Bakure through the floor. The entire bargain was going to put Blas-Tech in a very profitable position. It was also going to provide an unimaginable number of jobs, and quite a bit of commercial attention to the Fringe, and in particular Bakura. "The 121st Legion i based on Bakura, you build the factories, and I'll build enough wall around them to keep out an army. As for weapons testing we built a large makeshift facility in Yalara that should do. Personally I'll be honest, I'm an admirer of your work, Mr. Lee. Your walkers are simply a thing of beauty."

Stepping over to the table he took a datapad from his Aide listing the agreement as per @Cade Lee's thoughts including the use of Yalara for a testing facility. "Bakura, Skye, Zaadja, Dasid Anya, and Endor are all possible sites for further factories I've been authorized to include in this."

Lex-El

An Honest Man
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"I'll take three of the above worlds, one for testing and research. One for a factory for our weapons, and ammunition, and the other for our assorted products such as the Tartoros as well as more ammunition. I will set up a distribution center on one of these worlds, most like the weapons manufacturing one to further centralize our base in the area and help expedite shipping in the Fringe territories." Cade entered the list of worlds in on his datapad and sent it to his surveryors that were waiting on the shuttle. They would give him a response for the best ones, and if they even needed three worlds. One had to maximize profit, which was brought Mr. Lee to his next point.

"In our contract, that will start at five years with an option to extend at a renegotiated rate for five years after four years of it honored, or the option to terminate in that final year. I also would like to put modifiers where if a new product of mine is released, it can simply be added with an additional fee paid to Blas-Tech without having to renegotiate. Do you find this agreeable?"

Sargon considered his response for a minute, and then thought over the worlds in question. "Yalara would be best for testing, the weapons production I'd like to use Bakura, and as for your supplemental wares Endor has a new Governor who I believe is trying to increase jobs as well. Yalara is also farther off the beaten path, and contains a low population. I'd could agree to the stipulation of additional products being added as well. Now onto the fun part, well for me at least it is the fun part."

Walking over to the table he retrieved a second database, and handed it to @Cade Lee. "That is a list of our current needs of weaponry, and armor units. I will of course be requiring background checks on all employees you bring into the Fringe for security reasons. Also we will require information on your shipping companies as well, and a background check. That is of course all the official things that I will leave lawyers too. We were also thinking about doing an arms show on Bakura to increase the awareness for your arrival."

Lex-El

An Honest Man
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"I'm amendable to those worlds, and from what my surveyors are saying they are in agreement with this as well." In fact, they were of the same exact voice as Sargon on this. Their reasons for the worlds where in line with the Governor. Seems we have another high level politician on the rise here, he needs to be watched. Assets like this don't come around at all. Cade kept looking to the datapad that was constantly streaming information while simultaneously listening to the Zabrak. His slumped shoulders noticeably looked uncomfortable, and if one looked further at the human male, they would notice just how thick his neck was in comparison to how large his suit was. The ring on his right hand and the glasses were part of the disguise, but one needed to actually see the other side of who Cade was to understand just how deep that went.

The only problem was that few were alive who had seen that monster.

"I'm having a contract drawn up right now. I'll gladly send you any information, in fact." He paused as he pulled up the pertinent data and sent it to the holo-display right infront of them. "I never come to a negotiation not prepared to begin right away. Work is to be started as quickly as possible, in the weapons business there rarely is time to wait, and I'd love for an arms show." Cade pulled up a holo of his own showing the Tartoros mech in all it's glory flanked by Lapetus walkers as well. "Don't you think these would look fine there?"

Sargon openly smiled at the prospect of the Tartoros mech, they were among the things that had clinched the contract with Blas-Tech. "Oh yes, your bodyguard droid is simply a work of art as well. I'd own one myself, but well Governor's pay is only so good. You have a variety of weapons for every situation including a rather incredible anti-armor blaster."

Walking over to the table Sargon ran his eyes over the information at hand. "As soon as we have your blueprints we can start construction of a base to protect it. It will naturally include a military grade spaceport, and the entire planetary sector will be a no fly zone." Pausing for a moment he considered the man who was Cade Lee, "Mr. Lee, I'm curious why do you do this? Is it a game with credits just keeping the score? Is it the joy of spreading your influence, or is it family legacy? What drives you, Mr. Lee?"

Lex-El

An Honest Man
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"You want a Mirari? How would you like it equipped? I usually have Mar," he gestured back to the seven foot tall Lamanium coated droid that was guarding him. "Consider it a favor between friends, if you're agreeable I have an extra unit on my ship. If not, you can wait until our production facilities are up. It will require you to do a trouble shooting prompt with it, so that it may recognize you in a variety of spectrums as well as hear your speak and what not. This is in the interest of the droid only serving you, and only following your orders." He fondly smiled over at his creation, and the droid silently nodded at it's creator. "Their only priority is your safety, and will gladly be destroyed to save your life. So do consider this multi-million dollar droid as a gift for this deal."

Upon receiving instruction, he pressed a few prompts. All Blas-Tech company buildings were prefabricated by design. The blueprints for a project of this scope designed months in advance so deals could happen quickly. War was a fickle business, and amassing arms quickly was the nature of the game. It was difficult for the engineers involved, but they were rewarded heavily for their work. A few minor alterations would need to be made to internal structures, but nothing affecting the bases involved. "I thank you for this, and I can promise you I will be honest with you in my dealings. I do sell to the rest of the galaxy, but that's because I'm the very best at what I do." He pulled up a blaster from a rival. "You see this?" He pointed at it's barrel and loading systems. "The range is limited, why would I sell a blaster that is so archaic? Or not push power cell design to where it is universal between all my new weapons systems? You've been in a fight before, you know how stressful those situations are. I simply want my guns to be good at taking down targets, and easy to use for the hands that pull the trigger."

Cade instinctively reached for his glasses as Sargon asked the last question of him, but thought better of it before standing himself. "I have no family, I am only myself. I could have lived a comfortable life working for the old board, but I wanted something more. You see guns, I see someone finally pushing technology forward instead of relying on what worked for our forefathers. You see body counts and autopsies that show my designs effectiveness, I'm simply trying to push society forward from where I stand and use this platform to leave a mark on the galaxy. Whatever happens with my bank accounts or wars be damned, I want advancement to be my legacy."

Legacy that in itself was a question for the ages, what decided a man's legacy. "If only all men realized the emptiness of wealth without purpose for it. As for the Mirari droid I won't refuse it. Had our business not been completed I may have out of objectivity, but I believe all we have left is some honest signing. As for loud outs I believe you have one incredible toy, the Ravager a beautiful weapon if there ever was one. A bit too heavy for me, but for that droid its the perfect addition."

Pulling his collar aside he revealed his iron skin armor beneath his suit. "I'm a believer of your wares, Mr. Lee. There is a reason I chose Blas-Tech out of all the companies in the galaxy, and its because your wares have been exceptional. In all honesty you'll hear from me again, well at least your company will. I'll be making some custom armor, and I believe your company will be more then capable of seeing it into creation."

Looking over the paperwork Sargon pulled out a datapad with the authority to transfer the funds. Signing his electronic signature Sargon handed the datapad to @Cade Lee. "Well, Mr. Lee, shall we conclude business?"

Lex-El

An Honest Man
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"Yes, I'm a believe in them too." He casually said as he pulled his own collar down to reveal the Iron Skin armorweave body suit he too was wearing. Cade couldn't help but feel this had been quite the mutual business relationship on both of their parts. The Fringe was the last market he needed to fully solidify himself, save for the Atrisians. Well, they can wait, as I'm not going to be state funded. Just the thought of someone else telling him what to do threatened to make the hairs on his neck bristle and stand up. All it took was one, quick calming breath and he was fine. The absence of what made him who he was due to the ring helped things exponentially, and he could fully focus on the business at hand. Sargon handed him the pad, and he set it down on the table next to the one he had as well. "If you don't mind, I'm going to begin the mass file transfers of building schematics. Well at least the outsides so you can build the defenses around it."

While it processed, he reached down and signed the pad to make the transfer legitimate. The payment schedule was already being set up, and his accountants and lawyers would be talking to those of the Governor's for a while. "Send in the other Mirari droid please? Leave it un-opened, it's a gift." An affirmative was heard on his end from the pilot. "Well, it seems this is done. If you don't mind, I really do have to dash. But, I will show you something before I leave." He handed his datapad to his secretary, while pulling out a small datachip and a holoviewer. He plugged it in and set it down, immediately the image of a rifle popped up on the center of the table. It rotated, showing off a new design aesthetic, that stayed in line with the company. The view changed, to an actual weapons test with the weapon. There was a droid who pulled the trigger at a tank over 200m away, the powerful beam shot out for three seconds as the shooter traced a line through it.

The rifle powered down, and the camera moved around the tank, showing how the laser had punched ALL the way through it. Cade took both things off the table and pocketed them, while his team sat with their jaws dropped. "That's the BTI-HHCR, or will be known as the Hyperion Rifle. It's going to change everything, and it's in your contract. The final specifications of it were just finished on the way over here, and it will be pushed into major development within the week."

As the lawyers chatted Sargon looked over the Hyperion rifle, it was a true leap in weaponry. With this addition of technology to the Fringe they would be stronger economically, and militarily. Turning his gaze over to the large crate Sargon just shook his head, it have been quite the day. Shortly he'd be sucked into an engineers meeting to go over a dozen details he had to start moving to get ready for the arms show, but for now he was going to open this crate.

Punching in the security code for the crate Sargon stepped back as his very own Mirari droid stepped out. "Hello, your name is Shadow. I'm Sargon Vynea, your owner." Now it was time to set this bad boy up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom