Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bureaucratic expansion

4tbZSLA.png
[-A BUREACRATIC EXPANSION-]
[member="Rex Taff"]
"How many sectors do we have to sell today...?"sighing as she tried to make sense of the countless sheets of paper and the digital list displayed on a datapad infront of her. Needless to say, she wasn't well acquainted with this new fangled technology and was a bit skeptical that she really had to process 300 transaction by herself today. Then again, she had never actually been on a ecumenopolis, where the entire planet had been developed to effectively be a single city, though that may lead the average observer to believe there was no undeveloped land.

Oh how wrong they were.

The Imperium Development scheme not only found completely undeveloped land, but also evicted and removed countless derelict buildings in order to ensure the continued prosperity of the nation. A special committee from the Noblius council had been tasked to ensure this land went to the right people, and Isabella had found this to be added to her endless repetoir of achievements.

"Well in total, over 2000, but you'll be fortunate to know you've only got to get through 50 today. The 300 is in total for the week." the assistant smiled, leaving the woman to the plain and rather bland office.

Crossing her arms, she spectated the city below the massive tower and speculated if she could get away with selling them all to one person.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex walked into the government building. He wondered if the people here could help him. He was looking for one [member="Isabella LaFleur"] but he hadn't found her yet. This was the last government building in the town. She had better be here. He walked into the building at a brisk pace. He spoke to a person down in the lobby. "I am here to see one Isabella LaFleur. Please tell me she is here I have been to every other building in this place and found nada. I have a contract I wished to discuss with her."

"Certainly, I believe you're her twelve o'clock? Right this way." The receptionist didn't need verification of [member="Rex Taff"]'s identity, what was penciled in indicated they were a Chiss and they were certainly not in abundance in this municipality. Gesturing towards a rather crude and old looking elevator as they approached it, he smiled and continued to speak politely. "Floor 17, it's the only office on that floor." Stepping away from the doors, he moved to the similarly old and crude looking phone.

~~~

Tedious ringing interrupted her gaze across the cityscape, aggressively reaching towards the device and slamming a few buttons until it eventually stopped making that noise. To her surprise, it also resulted in being connected to reception. The polite voice of the staff member echoed out, "Your twelve o'clock is coming up now. They're a Chiss, I assumed we didn't need to do-.." afterwards being cut off abruptly by Isabella hanging up the phone and strutting out to the corridor, passing the threshold of the wooden door. She crossed her arms and stared directly at the elevator, leaning against a wall and pondering why a Chiss was interested in development in the Empire.

I'll need to add a clause in here to ensure the Ascendancy isn't planning anything too dastardly. Chuckling. I know I'm no xenophobe, but a Chiss of all people? I'm rather offended that this is how far we've stooped to.

Of course her professionalism in meetings allowed her to pass aside this casual specism, and unconscious bias would certainly not be showing today. At the end of the day, her duty here was to ensure the Empire was expanding its economy without the interference of foreign powers, and if a Chiss wanted to do that so what? They're probably better than the average human anyway.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex followed the man to the elevator "Thank the spirits. On time too." It was a rather crude elevator. "So floor 17 okay then." He watched as the doors shut and the elevator began it's ascent, he watched the numbers going up.
kytzqkd1.png
The doors opened on floor 17. He walked into a hallway and then to an office finding a human woman. "Greetings you must be [member="Isabella LaFleur"], you have no idea the lengths I have gone to today to find you." He then stood in the door way. "So I am Rex Taff, now can we get down to business or more pleasantries first?" He might as well ask he was new to the whole company Idea.

A smile plastered her face as the elevator dinged, stepping out the aforementioned Chiss, [member="Rex Taff"]. "I am sure it was difficult in such a large city, no? I will admit it's not the most pleasant place to look at, and since the centralization of government offices bill is yet to pass we're stuck in these small outposts where finding who you are arranged to be with is nigh impossible. Alas, step into my parlor." Motioning for them to enter. It was very basic, consisting of a simple wooden desk, several out of date devices, some bookshelves, filing cabinets and whatnot. Behind the desk there was a large open plan window, enabling the two to look down upon the cityscape if they so wished.

"To clarify before we begin - I had no part in choosing this interior decor, my fashion tastes are much more sophisticated than that," chuckling and then moving towards the barren seat, grabbing the datapad and pulling up some information that had been scavenged before hand. "So, as I see it, Mir-Dir-Moo-rut..." sounding out the syllables to the foreign word, hoping not to cause too much offense, "Specializes in the production of weapons, weapons systems and the like? Not that it really matters as the space we're offering is large enough to accommodate anything."

Her fingers pranced about on the pad for a few seconds, pulling up a standardized contract. "So the standardized deal is an offer of 3 sectors worth of space, consisting of empty buildings and open space. Any empty buildings you are free to demolish or re purpose as you see fit, though demolition requires additional planning permissions that I have no control over. In total, the cost is 50,000, and that's for 5,000 square acres of land. Additional sectors can be purchased for 50,000 credits per sector." pausing and scrolling down some more. "Additionally, this land can only be re-sold back to to us, re-selling to a private company is outlawed in this particular deal."

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Thank you very much. It is a shame that these things have to happen" Rex would reply with before entering. He took a look around the room. "I am sure you would a fine lady like yourself and as you said new bill shoved you into a smaller office." Rex would say smiling look out at the view of the city. "Good view though I will give them that, the Fel empire know how to do a view."
kytzqkd1.png
"Mirdirmorut, you almost got it right I am impressed. Although not surprised you can't say it properly it is a Mando'a language, only the mandos and a few others know it." Rex nodded "How much did you look into my company [member="Isabella LaFleur"], cause you would know most of my stuff is droids and vehicle less so on weapons systems but I do weapons systems as well if needded." He then looked over the contract. While also listening to her.
kytzqkd1.png
"Hmm I have to say I haven't been looking to expand my company just yet, we aren't ready for it. What I will tell you however is that we are willing to sell some of our droids, weapons and vehicles to the Fel empire of a discounted price due to your friendliness with the ME, If you are willing to count that discount as us purchasing the land. How does that sound?" Rex asked. Either she would accept or he would just purchase the land. The option he had offered was better for them in the long run. But it was her choice.

"Well, between you and I, I'm reading off of a datapad. Whoever greeted you downstairs did most of this, it seems rather tedious to do this work all by myself, wouldn't you agree?" reaching for a a glass of water, which has been otherwise and untouched, sipping it and then placing it back onto the table. Of course, she didn't mean to shrug him off as important, though with the amount of people she met on a daily business it would be impossible to actually do this for everyone of them, at least by herself. No, that was the role of the Noblius who had assigned her to this stupid committee.

"A permanent discount? Temporary? How much exactly? Of course, we accept alternative methods of payment though I would need to see a portfolio of your work or alternatively a link to your company's website so we can ensure these products are all of interest to the Empire." she sighed momentarily. "Unfortunately I don't have the authority to contract you out as that's not really my department, at least in exchange for purely credits. Truth be told we're trying to shift as much of this land as possible so the city is absolved of the responsibility to maintain it permanently."

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"No I understand. And I used to hold a position like yours. Except I had a lot more freedom in it to do what I needed to." He said to her watching as she took a sip of water. She was pissed about something maybe this job position or something Rex could feel it radiating off of her. Maybe he could help her with that. In any case he simply watched her carefully.
kytzqkd1.png
She then mentioned the discount again. "It is permanent as long as you are a friend of the Mandalorian empire. I was thinking maybe between 5 and 10%. As for a portfolio of my work over half the new droids created by the CIS were my creations, I was their minister for science, that should be enough of a portfolio for now. I had to unfortunately had to part ways with them. He let that sink in before continuing.
kytzqkd1.png
Other than that I have a few more projects in the pipeline right now my company has actually just started up. That is fair and I would be willing to take that land off your hands if you are willing to make a contract with me. I don't care if have to wait for someone else to confirm this deal." He said waiting to see what [member="Isabella LaFleur"] would say.

5-10% permanent discount on all products so long as we appease the Mandalorians? Of which the Grand Moff is a Mando anyway? This is child's play grinning as she continued to think into her head. Her expression turned serious once more as she responded with the casual confidence she usually did. "I'm sure I can jump through a through loopholes given you've held a position of importance. Most people I ask portfolios for are fresh from University and think their droid that can pick up a few papers deserves trillions of credits in grants." giggling and then peering down to the datapad once more, imprinting her signature with a few swipes of the her finger.

"Honestly, you're doing us a favor. Just sign directly below my name on this..." leaning over the table slightly to hand him the device, then retracting and continuing to speak. "I'm surprised this went so smoothly, usually-.." biting her tongue to avoid calling the his entire race a group of terrorists, "Ambitious entrepreneurs come in here demanding more than what they are actually worth with no experience, though thankfully to your seasoned nature I'm more than happy to sign over the land to you. If you have no more questions, feel free to leave when you're comfortable."

Gazing towards the box-like computer screen, she spotted the time. Perfect. 45 minutes for my lunch then.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex laughed "I hear that, people these days. But then again I usual just offered them a spot in the science division. They usual accepted." Rex signed the pad "Excellent." He could feel the next words pouring out of her with it being said. He didn't make mention of it though he had no love for his race after what they had made him do. "No I have no more questions, I am happy to be of assistance to your Fel Empire. Now if you will excuse me, the company calls it is a beast that hasn't had it's fill of me yet. I hope to see you in the future." Rex said with a smile leaving the room.

[member="Isabella LaFleur"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom