Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Budding Lily

Outfit: Casual
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

Master Briana Sal-Soren. Master Sal-Soren. Master Briana. Jedi Knight but she had to call her Master, that was what auntie Kat said. It was something confirmed by Master Valery Noble Valery Noble as well and Lily knew she had to make the right first impression.

A good first impression is all that Lily needed to make today, taking on a Padawan was probably a daunting prospect. Or at least, Lily would assume it would be since becoming a Jedi Padawan was definitely a daunting experience for her. All she had know was what life on Eshan was like, how to be a noble, how to offer advice and how to fight. This power, this order of mystics and mystery, it was something that her mother had described as beings not too dissimilar to the warlords of Mandalor. Her mother never showed a dislike for many things, nor did she actively try to hate the Mandalorians but Lily knew the hatred was there. It wasn't a hatred in her own heart but it was an explanation on why her mother hid her abilities, or resisted so much to allow Lily the chance to train with those who could give her the chance to avoid the insistences that brought her here now.

She hadn't mean to harm anyone, if anything she had wanted to do the opposite.

Can't think on that. Auntie Kat said that no one blamed her, that no one ended up seriously harmed. And it brought her to Coruscant.

The city world had been something very different to her home on Eshan, it was a lot to take in. Lily was overwhelmed with the lights, people and massive skyscrapers that the first week at the Temple, she clung around Kat so much that her auntie joked that she was a toddler again. Eventually Lily learnt to just take in each thing slowly and breathe. That had been the most important thing that auntie Kat had said, breathe. Now she was more settled, it was still a lot to adjust to but it wasn't as scary, nor did the idea of exploring outside the temple have her running away and wanting to curl up into a ball so no one would see her. Instead, she was feeling a massive amount of butterflies in her stomach.

Master Briana or Master Sal-Soren.... Master Sal-Soren. First impressions, Master Sal-Soren. Lily thought as she cycled through the formal greetings and gestures that she could do. Did she bow? Did she curtsy? No, curtsy was for royalty and as far as Lily knew, the Jedi Knight was not royalty, auntie Kat never said she was. No, deep bow should be correct. Right? Yes, mother already taught me how to bow and introduce myself to someone of a higher stature. Can't overthink this. Lily shook her arms to release some of the tension before she turned the corner to the meeting point where she assumed Master Sal-Soren was waiting for her.

Lily turned the corner and stepped forward. Giving a deep, respectful bow, keeping her gaze low. "Greetings Master Sal-Soren, I am Lily Decoria. It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." Her voice soft, polite and a little airy which was a habit she had gained, it was her faux noble accent as her mother called it.

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: Armored Jumpsuit, Synthweave Tunic, Utility Belt, Appearance
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria
Bri_Prof.png

Briana's chest heaved and she snorted out a breath, folding her arms and tapping her foot as she waited around for this Padawan to arrive.

Her former Master, Valery Noble Valery Noble , had asked that she give training a shot, try her hand at this 'teaching thing' and see where it lead.

Briana had fervently argued and protested that she wasn't a good candidate. Not for something like this.

Iris? Brandyn? Luric? Cybelle? Viz? They had the kind of temperament the council was looking for when it came to Knights training students, and throughout her time during the war and on the battle field, she'd learned one truth: she worked better, alone. Eventually, however, she'd relented, and the same fears of disappointing Valery that she'd felt as a Padawan, crept up on her. What if she was a complete and utter failure?

And where in the world had her confidence gone?

Straightening herself, she smoothed out her outfit and opened up the holo-dossier to take one final look at the Padawan's history and the marks of her initiate trials, patiently awaiting the Padawan's arrival.

"Greetings Master Sal-Soren,"

The greeting took her by surprise and drew her eyes upwards, quickly closing down the holopad and stuffing it into her back pocket.

"I am Lily Decoria. It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

"It's nice to meet you Lily," she responded, giving a much less dramatic dip of her head in return and trying to offer her a smile. "I'm sorry for not noticing you first, I was just looking over your files again when you arrived. That you made it here in a timely manner is commendable." She swept a hand out, urging Lily to join her as she began to walk down the Jedi hall and towards the garden. "Before I agree to officially take you on as my Padawan, I was hoping to get to know you a bit, first. What can you tell me about yourself that these files can't? What do you hope to achieve as a Jedi?"

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

Her hands slide behind her back as she follows the Jedi Knight. Lily listened politely, tilting her head Lily's mind thought about what could be on a file that was describing her. Would it have an explanation of her previous experiences in the Force? Would it explain that her aunt was the Jedi Healer, Kat Decoria? "I am not sure what I can add to such a file without knowing what has been written on it." Lily stated in a neutral tone, she figured it would be better to avoid repeating information rather than oversharing with a complete stranger. "I will answer any questions you have honestly, but I do not know what more to add to a document I have not seen."

What did she wish to achieve as a Padawan? That was certainly something she could answer. "I wish to avoid harming others and ensure that I have control over my abilities. The lack of control and awareness of what I can do is terrifying. Especially since I did not know the damage I could do before my aunt insisted I come here to train." The file would reflect this with a vague mention of an incident in which Lily had an outburst with the Force that lead to harm to a young man, something her mother had covered up to avoid Lily's reputation amongst the Eshan nobility to be tarnished.

"I also wish to explore the galaxy, to see more, to understand things better. I have only known Eshan." Lily mentioned as the idea of exploration, adventure and learning things she could never find in the libraries of Eshan. "Perhaps figure out the person I wish to be, not the one that my mother has spent years attempting to form in me." Lily stated honestly, it was a harsher version of her mother but nothing that was far from truth.

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: Armored Jumpsuit, Synthweave Tunic, Utility Belt, Appearance
Bri_Prof.png

Listening to Lily, Briana noted some similarities that were reminiscent of her brother, causing a small and genuine smile to light up her features. Briana had never craved adventure before Brandyn ran away, nor questioned who she was outside of her family role. She'd always been perfectly content on the path laid out before her by both her parents and instructors. It wasn't until after she'd left that she began wondering if she wanted something different, something more, and while she was not the kind of Jedi who lost herself to the mysticism of the Force or really put much faith in it - even she occasionally wondered if the events that lead to her and Brandyn becoming Jedi had something to do with a greater cosmic plan that neither one could fathom.

"Training to be a Jedi will test you at every level, so you will certainly have the chance to do all of those things," she nodded, rounding a corner. "and while it's good that you want to learn how to harness your Force potential to avoid situations like the one on Eshan," Briana said, measuring her words while subtly letting Lily know that she'd been through in reading on her pre-examination, "the reality is, that even after you've learned control of the Force - you may at times be required to use those abilities in situations where you may in fact cause harm. Learning how to control your abilities so you can make the judgment call of when to use them and when not to use them, is the ultimate goal. Not just in instances against the Darkside, but against anything that threatens to upheave the balance of the Force." One of Briana's first memories of her own Jedi training with Valery, had been challenging those very same ideals. In many respects, Briana still believed that drawing on the Force or a lightsaber should only be considered as a last resort method outside of war.

At a leisurely pace, Briana strode into the gardens, finding her favorite spot beside the fountains and patting the bench for Lily to sit with her. "I tell you these things, because I want you to have a realistic idea of what it means to be a Jedi - not the glamorized ideal that they push in holofilms or books. Being a Jedi is a life long commitment, is this something that you feel ready for?"

Briana_Div_2.png

Listening to what Briana had to say, Lily nodded her head. "There is a difference between choosing to fight and inflict harm upon others and doing so without control." Lily commented in a quiet voice, "I am aware of the need to fight. I have spent years learning to fight and knowing how to defend myself should the need arise. I am willing to fight should the need arise." Lily wasn't eager for a fight, it was the confidence in knowing how to that was reflected in her tone, she was not a noble that one could walk over.

"There are books and holofilms on Jedi?" Lily asked as she tilted her head curiously. She had never known about that, she assumed that most things about the Jedi were kept secretive to avoid risking enemies or fools taking such knowledge and doing harm with it. "I have no true views on the Jedi bar that my aunt is one and she has dedicated herself to healing through the Force." Lily stated, her hands remained behind her back as she walked gracefully behind Briana. Taking on the understanding that being a Jedi is not a mere temporary matter but a life long commitment.

Pausing, there was hesitancy in Lily to be open and frank before she realised that her aunt brought her here for a reason and trusted her training in the hands of others for a reason. She stood firm and looked at Briana, "if becoming a Jedi is truly a life commitment then I must inform you that whether I am willing to commit or not, there are dangers of my mother attempting to interfere." Lily breathed in deeply, before she continued, "I do not to speak ill of my mother, she has dealt with plenty and while I disagree with her methods of care at times, she does wish only for the best for me. However, she was reluctant to let me train as a Jedi and only conceded since we have entered an era of peace, if war was to restart then she might be very insistent on my return home in order to keep me safe."

Lily did not think she would be safe with her mother but there was not a lot of arguing with the politician, her mother can be very insistent and determined to get what she wanted. Especially when it involved Lily.

"I do wish to commit to this training and life as a Jedi, I just wish to inform you that you might have to deal with my mother if our situation in the galaxy shifts." Lily commented in clear tone.

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Lily Decoria Lily Decoria
Bri_Prof.png

"That's good to know," Briana said, giving a kind but encouraging smile. She'd wanted to make sure Lily understood the full scope of what she was getting herself involved in. That she seemed to have a grasp of what this life entailed was good enough for now. Only time and experience could truly prove her commitment and merits, though she was glad for the bit of insight into the girls thoughts and desires.

"There are," she laughed softly, "My younger brother Brandyn tried to consume every bit of media about the Jedi that he could when we were kids - so I'm unfortunately very familiar with some really Shiraya-awful holofilms." Briana went quiet again, listening as Lily talked about her aunt and her views about the Jedi. "I remember Kat, she actually taught me a bit of Force healing." It'd been an interesting experience, in that Briana was fairly certain that her instructor was most definitely hung over during the lesson, but she'd been effective none the less. "And your views will develop over time, so don't worry too much about that. In some ways it can be good that you're coming at this without expectations, and as my Padwan..." she intoned, raising a brow, surprised to find that she was... actually feeling comfortable with this decision. "I'll help guide you and answer whatever questions you might have as we explore this path together."

Her eyes turned to look over the garden while Lily explained the situation with her mother, giving a soft 'hmmm'.

"I'm not a mother myself," Briana gave, "but, it is a parents responsibility to worry about their children and try to keep them safe. It sounds like she cares a lot about you. However, remember that it is your life Lily. No one can walk it but you. Some might walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you. If it comes to the point where your mother wants you to quit, remember that you do have a choice. Make sure it is one you can live with. That gives you peace and purpose." It had taken Briana time to make those same decisions for herself, discovering her place, and choosing if being a Jedi was the life she really wanted once she was outside the influence of her Father and Mother's polarizing ideals.

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

Lily wasn't sure if she should make a mental note to check out the holofilms about Jedi or not. It seemed from what Master Briana was saying that there was a lot of inaccuracies and bold faced lies, something of which Lily was never a fan of. She didn't mind fantasies or non-fiction but lying, or misrepresenting, those were factors that she could never enjoy in media or life in general. It was why she fought so openly and honesty in every fight. Something her family cautioned about but they knew it was a mindset she could not adapt.

"Auntie Kat is looking to be a Jedi Master, her Force Healing is meant to be her focus. I always thought it was strange since she never seems the healer type." Lily shrugged, "your Padawan..." Lily muttered a little quietly as she adjusted to her new title. She had been a noble so titles were never a new thing but Lily always needed a little time to reflect and then bounce back from changes. "Well, hopefully you like answering questions. I have a lot about the galaxy. Only ever being on Eshan, there are ways and customs that I am not truly use to. Also, is the baggy Jedi robes that I've seen others wear necessary? They seem to hide the body and block communication..." Lily asked curious, she knew others did not talk through combat like the Echani but she assume it might be more familiar for the Jedi.

Listening to the Jedi Knight, Lily nodded her head, "my mother means well. It is just she fears that I will die and she will lose the final connection to my father." At times Lily did feel less an independent person and more an extension of her father, a figure she never knew. "I just wished to warn you, she is a political figure on Eshan and she can be very persuasive and firm in her demands. Especially from me." Lily stated, she was relieved to hear that being here was her choice and that there would be support in staying. "I am not sure how skilled a Jedi I would be, but I wish to try."

"How does Jedi training begin?" Lily asked curious to know when she could start or if there were things she could begin doing to get ahead.

Briana_Div_2.png

Bri_Prof.png

"Some might say that the Force has a way of choosing our paths for us, and healing is remarkable in its own right." Not that she would say that. The concepts surrounding the mysticism of the Force was a difficult subject for her to wrap her mind around, not that she fully denied it. The Force was indeed powerful, but how could a current of energy, also have a will of its own? Doubts she would keep to herself and let the scholars scratch their heads over while continuing to walk somewhere down the middle between the two ideals. An approach that'd served her well so far. "But what really matters is that it's the path she's chosen and accepted. Every Jedi develops their own approach to this life, and it's clear that Kat has a passion for what she does. I have no doubt she'll be a Master in no time."

Leaning back as she listened to the Padawan, Briana couldn't help but appreciate the young woman's honesty, straightforwardness and her display for an eagerness to learn. They were traits her mothers family greatly valued and placed emphasis on.

Naturally, Briana herself appreciated this.

With a deep breath and a furrowed brow, Briana focused on her questions, attempting to give her the best answer that she could. "As for your question," she began, straightening her back. "Our robes serve a purpose and are a symbol of our Order, they're designed to be loose so they can allow for a wide range of movement during combat. They symbolize not only our unity, but our commitment to defending others. However, you do not need to wear them all the time, neither do I expect that of you, unless it is appropriate for the situation. We have other uniforms you can choose from when the robes aren't required, and when they are, if you feel that they hamper your movements or the way you communicate, then we can explore the possibility of having the robes tailored for your specific needs. A good deal of Jedi in the Order actually prefer our uniformed jumpsuits, while others might have custom designed armor for specific situations in the field. For now, as we're starting, I want you to wear what feels the most comfortable and fitting, within reason."

Briana's chin dipped sympathetically as she listened to Lily speak about her Mother's fears and demands of her, knowing all too well the pressures that could often come from ones own family. "Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there and I'll do my best to help and support you however I can along the way. As for your Jedi training," she began to explain, hoping to shift the conversation in a direction of what they could control in this moment, "You will learn how to control your emotions first, then how to use the Force. Once you have the basics down, we'll move into ways of how to defend yourself and eventually, lightsaber training. Before our first lesson, I'd like you to begin practicing on your own. I'll be sending you information on various forms of meditation, but I want you to mainly focus on trying to reach a deep state of relaxation and awareness, putting emphasis on your breathing technique. I also expect you to practice memorizing our code. I want you to think about what each tenant means, and how you think it applies to being a Jedi. The next time we meet, we'll discuss."

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

Thinking about the Force guiding someone on their path, it seemed like it was out of her control, something that sent a shiver down her spine. "Do I not get a choice? What if I don't like the path the Force is presenting me?" Lily couldn't help but demonstrate some of the anxieties that she felt over the realisation that the Jedi had a whole predestined, you aren't allowed to choose your fate but the Force wills it into existence. What if she didn't want to be the type of Jedi that the Force forced her to be? What if she didn't want to be the type of Jedi everyone else expected her to be because the Force was guiding her a certain path. "Can't I like just choose for myself who I want to be?" She seemingly left one fate of being forced down a path to join a cult of monks that were going to do a similar thing as her mother would.

Hearing what Briana had to say about the Jedi robes, Lily tilted her head, it seemed a foreign concept to her and she wasn't sure how to take it. "But..." Lily collected her thoughts to be more concise and at least not say anything that could be misinterpreted. "Loose robes... They block one's ability to communicate with someone else. How can you truly express yourself if you hide behind layers of robes?" Lily asked, "I... I could be lingering too much on the Echani way I suppose, it is just surprising to see how different combat is view by others." Lily confessed, these changes, they were a lot and she wasn't sure she would be comfortable in any clothing she was meant to fight in that prevented her from being her authentic self. How could she save people if she couldn't express the ideas, emotions and views she held during a fight? How could she accuracy predict someone's movements if they were cladded in heavy armour or thick robes. It would devolve into more guess work or she would have to completely retrain her skills to fight someone in clothing like that.

The topic shifted to crossing the bridge about her mother when it came up which was an understandable and fair take. It then shifted to her Jedi training. Lily snapped out of her own thoughts and looked at her Jedi Master to pay more attention and understand what was to be expected. "Control my emotions? Did the dossier mention that my emotions were out of control? It was a one time event and I swear, normally I keep my emotions very under control as someone representing a family of somewhat noble stature as my mother has created should." Lily genuinely panicked, did her aunt really detail the events of her outburst that cause her arrive here. Lily really wished she hadn't, it was embarrassing enough that things had to be settled in Eshan to avoid big scenes but Lily figured nothing could ever just remain a secret. It was dumb accident.

"I have practiced some Lightsaber forms using a sword before. And I know how to defend myself, I am skilled in all the Echani forms." Lily stated, she sighed, "I am not trying to question your steps, I just wanted you to know where my skills lied." The incident kept replaying in her mind, if she only hadn't panicked or feared what her mother would say then she might not be so scared of her fate now. "I can work on the meditation and include it into my morning routine. As well as learning the Jedi code and understanding its meaning." Lily added with a slight nod of her head.

"What are you expecting from me during this mentorship?" Lily asked curiously.

Briana_Div_2.png

Bri_Prof.png

"I only said that some might say that, not that I believe it." Briana corrected quickly, trying to ease the anxiety cropping up in Lily. "Personally, I don't believe in pre-determined destiny. In my own experience, the Force guides and presents opportunities, but it's up to us to decide how we take those opportunities and guidance. We're agents of our own destiny. Good or bad."

She pursed her lips as she thought more about what Lily said regarding the Jedi robes. She was only slight familiar with Echani culture, having learned most of what she knew only a couple of weeks before this meeting. "Perhaps," she agreed with a nod of her head, her tone soft, "I know this might be a difficult adjustment for you, especially coming from the Echani way of life; but I believe that with time and training, you'll come to see the value in why we wear our robes. And you know, maybe you can find a way to incorporate your own unique style into it."

Nodding, she attentively listened as Lily recounted her past training and the event that led her to the Jedi Temple. "Learning to control your emotions has nothing to do with what happened back on Eshan," she explained, with a thoughtful but measured tone, "nor is it about stifling them. It's a core aspect of being a Jedi. Even the most powerful Jedi Master continues to practice this. When I speak of, 'controlling your emotions,' I refer to the ability to recognize their presence and channel them positively. As for your fighting capabilities, I have no doubt that you're skilled in combat, but being a Jedi is about more than fighting and aptitude. You will find that there are lessons you will have to unlearn and that there are new lessons you must be open to learning. There is no shortcut, no jumping the line. There's doing the work, embarking on the journey, and letting it shape you."

A glimmer of amusement flashed in Briana's eyes, her demeanor momentarily softened by the earnest curiosity of Lily's question about her expectations during their mentorship. "I expect you to be open to learning and growing, to take the guidance I offer and forge your own journey, to embrace your individuality while learning to uphold the values of the Jedi Order and discover what it truly means to be a Jedi."

Briana_Div_2.png

There was a brief relaxation at the misunderstanding on her behalf. "I... I am sorry to have gotten so flustered. It is just..." Lily paused and collected her thoughts together once more before she spoke, "I am adjusting to a lot around here, it is a difficult situation for me to think that the course of my life might already have been determined. I appreciate that this is not necessarily what you believe and I am deeply relieved to know I will have a voice on what I do." Lily's body relaxed somewhat.

"Perhaps." Lily was not yet convinced on the importance of the robes or why one must be forced to fight in attire that is not appropriate in effective communication, or at least the view of communication that Lily held. She didn't want to seem closed off to the idea, attempting to understand what would be appropriate or how she could wear robes effectively.

Listening in closely, Lily understood what was being said, she could not assume to know the effectiveness of the Jedi path and she could not understand how it would affect her personally. Learning to control and handle her emotions and the connection those emotions could have to the Force meant that she needed to adjust her mindset. To fully take on the task of meditation and introspection.

"I can only promise to offer my best Master Briana." Lily confessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom