Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Bridge To Span Realities

Talks of debts and the like had Arcturus tilting his head to one side curiously. "Do I owe you for this?" he inquired, tone light and not at all laced with suspicion or anything. Just a general question. "I can't say I'm sure how deals with Shadows really work..." A light chuckle, then he shook his head. "Well if you see her before I do, tell her Arc says hi. I hope she's doing well... Always felt a little bad for her, you know, with how her mother almost left her behind in that place."
A grimace. Arcturus didn't have kids, but he couldn't imagine even letting them enter a place like the Dreaming Dark much less being so preoccupied that he didn't keep tabs on them and make sure they exited ahead of him.
All the same.
"Maybe I'll have to borrow one of these scopes some time. You know, just to experiment." He could just use the Force, build upon Moondog's teachings, but he always enjoyed meddling with new tools and the like, especially ones made by his friends.
Kal Kal

Kal did not laugh, per se, but amusement did ripple forth from him in an almost tangible way.

"Hardly. What kind of friend would I be if I started demanding payment? Besides, I prefer my deals explicit." He was not some sort of skulking opportunist twisting the words of others to his benefit - informed consent was the name of the game when it came to mystical bargains, at least as far as he was concerned. Anything less was dubious at best.

A nod of sorts marked his agreement to his request, Kal himself feeling much the same way. Biological familial structures were somewhat alien to him, but a mother was by nature fairly close - to almost be sacrificed by one was... harsh.

"Certainly, I keep a few in reserve for exactly these kinds of arrangements. Do let me know if you find anything!"

Kal rejected the notion pretty swiftly, with good humour, and Arcturus grinned in response. "Hey, just making sure. I'd rather know who I owe, you know? Makes it easier to know when debts are getting called in."
Who was he kidding? Arcturus had never gone into debt with anyone, whether for credits or otherwise. He lived a pretty ordinary life insofar as Sith were concerned, of course it did help that he had Maliphant who was more than willing to foot the bill for most things. Wasn't as though Arcturus asked for much beyond supplies for studying anyway.
There was an agreement to his request, too. Good. No doubt Kal would see her long before he did. His gaze traveled once more from his friend to the winding river they floated upon, and he stifled a yawn with the back of his hand. "Oh for sure. I'm not sure what I'd use it on, but the moment I find a good cause I'll do precisely that. I know how to find you now after all," he said, tapping the new compass in his possession.
From none to two. What a strange few days it had been.
Kal Kal

• Love
Reactions: Kal
A sensible stance, by any standard. It was clear as day that Kal found himself in agreement.

The curiosity was equally relatable, Kal bobbing his simulacrum of a head in response. "That you do. I have no doubt you will find some ancient trinket or dusty ruin worth a closer look eventually - when you do, I will be happy to lend you the tools or join you outright, if it piques my interest and you don't mind!" He did dabble in archaeology, on occasion.

Beyond the barge, the terrain had begun to flow together until only a fuzzy outline surrounded them. Just as predicted, it started slow but quickly 'accelerated' thanks to the relativity of time and space in this strange realm.

"We will be there soon, it seems. I trust Denon suits your needs?"

"I did enjoy our last real venture into the unknown" he remarked with a grin, thinking back to the weird temple back on Salis. So long ago now, it seemed, a lifetime perhaps. Though being in the Nether likely warped his sense of time. Still, so much had happened since then... He'd been in a self-imposed exile at the time.
In many ways he supposed he still was.
Talks turned to their destination, though his eyes remained strained to the horizon. "Denon?" he mused that for a moment, before nodding his head. "Denon will work. Busy, plenty of people. Nobody's likely to take notice of one more stray amidst the streets..."
It was a hub, too. Might mean he'd have a way elsewhere when the time came to leave. Being stuck on some remote backwater planet would not afford him the same luxuries.
Kal Kal

It had been some time since that rather productive trip, but the memories were as fresh as if it had just happened. Like all of Kal's memories, his recollection of Salis Sterili was a pristine moment frozen in time - preserved for all eternity.

Or rather, until Kal himself ceased to be. Preferably in the distant future; he quite liked existing.

"As did I - and excellent, we shall be there soon. Will you be needing identity papers?" Falsifying documentation was not all that difficult to his kind on the worst of days and Denon was as corrupt as they came. It would be trivially easy to conjure up a discardable identity that would hold up to a moderate amount of scrutiny.

Arcturus hadn't even considered the need for identification.
He'd come from Korriban with little more than the clothes on his back and whatever he'd kept on his person. He considered it for a moment, then nodded his head. "Yeah, I reckon that'd be mighty helpful" he replied, humming under his breath as he tried to consider some sort of name to use.
Truth be told though he was drawing up blanks.
"Uh... Any ideas what to go with?"
Who even held Denon these days? Arc couldn't rightly remember.
Kal Kal

It was clear Arcturus' experience with falsified papers was limited, but then he had never needed to use such methods during his time among the Sith Eternal. That would change, of course - there was simply no way to be openly Sith in most of the galaxy and his friend had no backups to fall back on. No cushy aristocratic titles or friends in high places.

Well, not in the places one would normally think of, anyway, but he had Kal.

Despite his inhuman nature, Kal had a great many connections in a great many places.

"The details are of limited importance, for a throwaway identity, but it would be helpful to remember the name if nothing else. Shall we go with... Theo Salis? Theo for Thesh, Salis for that fascinating ball of salt."

Simple enough - and not inherently suspicious. Kal's friends in CorpSec would get him a card within the hour; sure, its past or rather lack thereof would be a red flag, but good enough for most spaceports? Absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom